Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. wiseowl

Show Us Your HousePlants In Bloom Now 2023

No, I've not had any for a few years now, I think I might give up on them now as they take up a fair amount of space, but I do have one small plant left.
    No, I've not had any for a few years now, I think I might give up on them now as they take up a fair amount of space, but I do have one small plant left.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc. 2019 - 2023

The same faces :)
    DSC_0023.JPG P1180010.JPG P1180013.JPG P1180015.JPG P1180043.JPG P2060024.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Esoxlucius

Plants in old fish tank

If they're doing well as they are, I'd hesitate before giving more feed... Plants mainly eat light!
    If they're doing well as they are, I'd hesitate before giving more feed... Plants mainly eat light!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Mrs Hillard
    Like x 6

Members CLEMATIS 2024..

Bees Jubilee . Bit of a cheat as I only planted it last week. :) .
    IMG_1404.JPG IMG_0978.jpeg IMG_20230809_160513.jpg Screenshot_20240323-072702-560.png IMG_1409.JPG DSC06334.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ManderW

Should I move the Japanese holly?

I have a Japanese holly in a very shady location - north facing garden next to a low wall, overshadowed at times by the geraniums that pop up every year. I bought it because the tag said it was...
    I have a Japanese holly in a very shady location - north facing garden next to a low wall, overshadowed at times by the geraniums that pop up every year. I bought it because the tag said it was good for shade but in the two years I've had it, it has lost a lot of leaves and doesn't seem very...
    I have a Japanese holly in a very shady location - north facing garden next to a low wall, overshadowed at times by the geraniums that pop up every year. I bought it because the tag said it was good for shade but in the two years I've had it, it...
    I have a Japanese holly in a very shady location - north facing garden next to a low wall, overshadowed at times by the geraniums that pop up every year. I bought it because the tag said it was...
    IMG20240430174943.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kitty52

Plant Identification

Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Nickos

Dwarf Azalea Very Leggy

I've had an idea that has worked for me before. I shall dig a large hole and bury the centre of the bush with only the green leaves above ground. It's worked for me before with different bushes....
    I've had an idea that has worked for me before. I shall dig a large hole and bury the centre of the bush with only the green leaves above ground. It's worked for me before with different bushes. I'll give it a try.
    I've had an idea that has worked for me before. I shall dig a large hole and bury the centre of the bush with only the green leaves above ground. It's worked for me before with different bushes. I'll give it a try.
    I've had an idea that has worked for me before. I shall dig a large hole and bury the centre of the bush with only the green leaves above ground. It's worked for me before with different bushes....
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Debs64

No flowers on my rhododendron

Thanks @fairygirl i think I read somewhere that lilies like ericaceous soil and I grow lots so got some. As you say regular beetle patrols are a necessity here.
    Thanks @fairygirl i think I read somewhere that lilies like ericaceous soil and I grow lots so got some. As you say regular beetle patrols are a necessity here.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. LG_

Perennial foxgloves - Digitalis parviflora, ferruginia, lutea

That is rather disappointing!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Kitty52

Giving Up On Dahlias!!

I've only chosen the single flowered ones too; I'm not attracted to the pompom type flowers and I also like to treat the pollinators! I chose a dwarf, dark leaved variety - "Wishes and Dreams"...
    I've only chosen the single flowered ones too; I'm not attracted to the pompom type flowers and I also like to treat the pollinators! I chose a dwarf, dark leaved variety - "Wishes and Dreams" thinking the foliage would make a good contrast on my patio. That's the one that's doing well for me....
    I've only chosen the single flowered ones too; I'm not attracted to the pompom type flowers and I also like to treat the pollinators! I chose a dwarf, dark leaved variety - "Wishes and Dreams" thinking the foliage would make a good contrast on my...
    I've only chosen the single flowered ones too; I'm not attracted to the pompom type flowers and I also like to treat the pollinators! I chose a dwarf, dark leaved variety - "Wishes and Dreams"...
    PXL_20240426_122850973.jpg 2024-04-28_08-14-37_small.jpg 2024-04-28_08-14-59_smaller.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Shaneoak
    Agree x 3

Awful British weather ruinng plants …

A fascinating city with a rich history I'm sure, but the climate there looks very difficult to live in year round. I often wonder how a city with such bitterly cold and long winters became a...
    A fascinating city with a rich history I'm sure, but the climate there looks very difficult to live in year round. I often wonder how a city with such bitterly cold and long winters became a sprawling urban metropolis of ~10 million people.
    A fascinating city with a rich history I'm sure, but the climate there looks very difficult to live in year round. I often wonder how a city with such bitterly cold and long winters became a sprawling urban metropolis of ~10 million people.
    A fascinating city with a rich history I'm sure, but the climate there looks very difficult to live in year round. I often wonder how a city with such bitterly cold and long winters became a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. machtucker

Help on planting between paving slabs in gravel….

I see You'd still be able to have plants directly into the gravel, in the way I described with those little sedums I have, if you grow them on initially in pots or trays, so that they have a...
    I see You'd still be able to have plants directly into the gravel, in the way I described with those little sedums I have, if you grow them on initially in pots or trays, so that they have a little layer of soil to help them. Those sorts of plants which need very little help [thymes and sedums...
    I see You'd still be able to have plants directly into the gravel, in the way I described with those little sedums I have, if you grow them on initially in pots or trays, so that they have a little layer of soil to help them. Those sorts of...
    I see You'd still be able to have plants directly into the gravel, in the way I described with those little sedums I have, if you grow them on initially in pots or trays, so that they have a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Esoxlucius

Rhododendron "polarnacht"

Just to update this thread, and I will also update it in a few months when the rhodedendron has properly settled in.I dug it completely out of the ground and made the hole I'd taken it from a...
    Just to update this thread, and I will also update it in a few months when the rhodedendron has properly settled in.I dug it completely out of the ground and made the hole I'd taken it from a lot lot bigger. Then I put a load of ericaceous compost in the hole. I put the rhodedendron on top and...
    Just to update this thread, and I will also update it in a few months when the rhodedendron has properly settled in.I dug it completely out of the ground and made the hole I'd taken it from a lot lot bigger. Then I put a load of ericaceous...
    Just to update this thread, and I will also update it in a few months when the rhodedendron has properly settled in.I dug it completely out of the ground and made the hole I'd taken it from a...
    IMG_20240424_181811_HDR.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Dropmore

Clematis Pinching

Thanks Bob and fairygirl, it's a viticella Prince George and according to thorncroft groes the same size as etoile violette , any way I have taken your advice and given it the chop.
    Thanks Bob and fairygirl, it's a viticella Prince George and according to thorncroft groes the same size as etoile violette , any way I have taken your advice and given it the chop.
    20240421_160103.jpg DSC01016.jpeg clem.jpg 20240425_095626.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Johnny Crosby

Pricking out Ageratum seedlings

I've started planting in clumps, when planting in their final spots I sometimes split them again into smaller clumps. I've done this with pansies, alyssum, wallflowers, poppies, borage,...
    I've started planting in clumps, when planting in their final spots I sometimes split them again into smaller clumps. I've done this with pansies, alyssum, wallflowers, poppies, borage, carnations. Have a go at doing both and see what suits you best.
    I've started planting in clumps, when planting in their final spots I sometimes split them again into smaller clumps. I've done this with pansies, alyssum, wallflowers, poppies, borage, carnations. Have a go at doing both and see what suits you best.
    I've started planting in clumps, when planting in their final spots I sometimes split them again into smaller clumps. I've done this with pansies, alyssum, wallflowers, poppies, borage,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Plantminded

Tips for growing Anisodontea capensis

Thank you all for your very helpful thoughts. I think I’ll put in a pot this year and overwinter it in the garage and see how it fares. I also bought a Fuchsia Delta’s Sara which you mentioned in...
    Thank you all for your very helpful thoughts. I think I’ll put in a pot this year and overwinter it in the garage and see how it fares. I also bought a Fuchsia Delta’s Sara which you mentioned in another thread yesterday I’ve grown it before and your post reminded me, so thank you. A bit more...
    Thank you all for your very helpful thoughts. I think I’ll put in a pot this year and overwinter it in the garage and see how it fares. I also bought a Fuchsia Delta’s Sara which you mentioned in another thread yesterday I’ve grown it before and...
    Thank you all for your very helpful thoughts. I think I’ll put in a pot this year and overwinter it in the garage and see how it fares. I also bought a Fuchsia Delta’s Sara which you mentioned in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Esoxlucius

Indoor light tree!

A plant with foliage, real or fake, is going to get dusty and be hard to keep looking good. I'd go for some stylish bare branches - just what you find in your garden or local woods or maybe some...
    A plant with foliage, real or fake, is going to get dusty and be hard to keep looking good. I'd go for some stylish bare branches - just what you find in your garden or local woods or maybe some bare stems of corkscrew willow. Use plain, discreet lights or decorative ones depending on the...
    A plant with foliage, real or fake, is going to get dusty and be hard to keep looking good. I'd go for some stylish bare branches - just what you find in your garden or local woods or maybe some bare stems of corkscrew willow. Use plain,...
    A plant with foliage, real or fake, is going to get dusty and be hard to keep looking good. I'd go for some stylish bare branches - just what you find in your garden or local woods or maybe some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Esoxlucius

Repotting timeline

Thanks, lol. My beauty star is one of my better looking calatheas, it's positively thriving. Others are doing well but need a few "tweaks" to look as good as that one.It's very rewarding when...
    Thanks, lol. My beauty star is one of my better looking calatheas, it's positively thriving. Others are doing well but need a few "tweaks" to look as good as that one.It's very rewarding when you finally find out what a plant really likes, and they stop sulking at you and actually get on with...
    Thanks, lol. My beauty star is one of my better looking calatheas, it's positively thriving. Others are doing well but need a few "tweaks" to look as good as that one.It's very rewarding when you finally find out what a plant really likes, and...
    Thanks, lol. My beauty star is one of my better looking calatheas, it's positively thriving. Others are doing well but need a few "tweaks" to look as good as that one.It's very rewarding when...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Bear1

camassia quamash not up yet

My Camassias are just starting to go over, hastened by the hot weekend, 27C. They are planted in a border of perennials in my garden in SW France. It gets very hot and dry here in summer and wet...
    My Camassias are just starting to go over, hastened by the hot weekend, 27C. They are planted in a border of perennials in my garden in SW France. It gets very hot and dry here in summer and wet in winter. The bed gets watered occasionally by my handyman when I'm in the UK. The soil is clay with...
    My Camassias are just starting to go over, hastened by the hot weekend, 27C. They are planted in a border of perennials in my garden in SW France. It gets very hot and dry here in summer and wet in winter. The bed gets watered occasionally by my...
    My Camassias are just starting to go over, hastened by the hot weekend, 27C. They are planted in a border of perennials in my garden in SW France. It gets very hot and dry here in summer and wet...
    AAA9AD80-C853-43B5-B826-7C88C472050E.jpeg Camassia.jpg Camassia-flower.jpg IMG_0767.JPG IMG_0768 2.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Loofah

Pelargoniums

I’ve been repotting pelargonium cuttings and some of them are in flower. I was planning to start putting them in the cold frame during the day, but I’ve reconsidered after seeing the forecast for...
    I’ve been repotting pelargonium cuttings and some of them are in flower. I was planning to start putting them in the cold frame during the day, but I’ve reconsidered after seeing the forecast for next week.Santa Maria Centennial Antique Rose
    I’ve been repotting pelargonium cuttings and some of them are in flower. I was planning to start putting them in the cold frame during the day, but I’ve reconsidered after seeing the forecast for next week.Santa Maria Centennial Antique Rose
    I’ve been repotting pelargonium cuttings and some of them are in flower. I was planning to start putting them in the cold frame during the day, but I’ve reconsidered after seeing the forecast for...
    upload_2024-3-21_17-0-55.png IMG_4122.jpeg PXL_20240321_172522598.MP.jpg IMG_4069.jpeg IMG_1388.jpeg IMG_2859.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. hoofy

Camelia and azalea both dead?

Oops. That could be an expensive mistake.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. simone_in_wiltshire

Whe do you plant Sweet peaSweet pea (South West of England)?

Not too late at all @AuntyRach . I often sow them at this time of year. I just sowed some a couple of days ago, and may do some more soon. It'll give you a later display, which many people find...
    Not too late at all @AuntyRach . I often sow them at this time of year. I just sowed some a couple of days ago, and may do some more soon. It'll give you a later display, which many people find useful. Remember that they don't necessarily need lots of sun either. I grow lots of mine in shadier...
    Not too late at all @AuntyRach . I often sow them at this time of year. I just sowed some a couple of days ago, and may do some more soon. It'll give you a later display, which many people find useful. Remember that they don't necessarily need...
    Not too late at all @AuntyRach . I often sow them at this time of year. I just sowed some a couple of days ago, and may do some more soon. It'll give you a later display, which many people find...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice