1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Selleri
    Like x 7

Fishbone cactus flowers again

That's a very good reason for staying awake all night :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Lem
    Like x 6

Ferocactus Horridus

@Michael Hewett hi Michael, I’ve been interested in cactus for around 20 +yrs and once had an enormous collection which was ruined by weather and unruly kids I guess, some kids we’re always...
    @Michael Hewett hi Michael, I’ve been interested in cactus for around 20 +yrs and once had an enormous collection which was ruined by weather and unruly kids I guess, some kids we’re always breaking pane’s of glass and in the end I give it up. It’s just since the COVID lockdowns, I started...
    @Michael Hewett hi Michael, I’ve been interested in cactus for around 20 +yrs and once had an enormous collection which was ruined by weather and unruly kids I guess, some kids we’re always breaking pane’s of glass and in the end I give it...
    @Michael Hewett hi Michael, I’ve been interested in cactus for around 20 +yrs and once had an enormous collection which was ruined by weather and unruly kids I guess, some kids we’re always...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Lem

Rhipsalis ID Please

@Michael Hewett , after looking at numerous pictures of rhipsalis ceruescula, I’m going with your suggestion Michael, too many similarities for it not to be, cheers Michael :yes:
    @Michael Hewett , after looking at numerous pictures of rhipsalis ceruescula, I’m going with your suggestion Michael, too many similarities for it not to be, cheers Michael :yes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Lem

Looking for a Succulent [ Trachyandra Tortillis ]

@Nikolaos :yikes: Forget it then i'll look for a different plant, something that grows a tad faster :)
    @Nikolaos :yikes: Forget it then i'll look for a different plant, something that grows a tad faster :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Tabbee

Help please with succulent ID and care

@Tabbee Not sure if you managed to ID the succulent in the first picture, but here you go, it’s a Crassula Muscosa, also known as Watch chain plant , hope this helps :)
    @Tabbee Not sure if you managed to ID the succulent in the first picture, but here you go, it’s a Crassula Muscosa, also known as Watch chain plant , hope this helps :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Lem

Crassula Ovata { Gollum }

Thanks I’ll keep you all updated in the spring, fingers crossed it’ll flower :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Lem
    Like x 5

Echinopsis Subdenudata First Bloom

Cheers again @Michael Hewett for the ID :yes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lem
    Like x 3

Whats your most spine'd Cactus

I’ve got a very young one grown from dragon fruit, and I agree with you totally, the spines look harmless just like hair, but get them in your hands and their terrible :hhog:
    I’ve got a very young one grown from dragon fruit, and I agree with you totally, the spines look harmless just like hair, but get them in your hands and their terrible :hhog:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Lem
    Like x 7

What you think ??

Thanks all for your comments, wasn’t sure if anyone would like it, the bowl was being thrown out, so I just had to recycle it, @Selleri as mentioned in your reply I’ll have to be careful with the...
    Thanks all for your comments, wasn’t sure if anyone would like it, the bowl was being thrown out, so I just had to recycle it, @Selleri as mentioned in your reply I’ll have to be careful with the watering :thankyou:
    Thanks all for your comments, wasn’t sure if anyone would like it, the bowl was being thrown out, so I just had to recycle it, @Selleri as mentioned in your reply I’ll have to be careful with the watering :thankyou:
    Thanks all for your comments, wasn’t sure if anyone would like it, the bowl was being thrown out, so I just had to recycle it, @Selleri as mentioned in your reply I’ll have to be careful with the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Michael Hewett

SOLVED Identification required

Thank you @Sirius I looked it up and believe you are right, I shall put a label with it now
    Thank you @Sirius I looked it up and believe you are right, I shall put a label with it now
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Michael Hewett
    Like x 4

Flowering Haworthia

Haworthia cooperi flowering ...
    H cooperi (3).jpg H cooperi (2).jpg H cooperi.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Katkatkat

Christmas Cactus Help

Looks fine to me too
    Looks fine to me too
    Looks fine to me too
    Looks fine to me too
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. pete
    Like x 7

Epiphyllum etc.

Amazing how time goes by! I got Billbergia nutans from him, he grew it outside. He would laugh how mine has expanded. I corresponded with him for a while. He had some health issues, I think...
    Amazing how time goes by! I got Billbergia nutans from him, he grew it outside. He would laugh how mine has expanded. I corresponded with him for a while. He had some health issues, I think Asthma.
    Amazing how time goes by! I got Billbergia nutans from him, he grew it outside. He would laugh how mine has expanded. I corresponded with him for a while. He had some health issues, I think Asthma.
    Amazing how time goes by! I got Billbergia nutans from him, he grew it outside. He would laugh how mine has expanded. I corresponded with him for a while. He had some health issues, I think...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Michael Hewett

Euphorbia enopla

Thank you @pete, yes I do have several Euphorbias, although I have lost a few recently. Now that you mention it I think I posted the close-up photo in the 'What's looking good in May' thread. I'd...
    Thank you @pete, yes I do have several Euphorbias, although I have lost a few recently. Now that you mention it I think I posted the close-up photo in the 'What's looking good in May' thread. I'd forgotten ... my memory gets worse :old::heehee:
    Thank you @pete, yes I do have several Euphorbias, although I have lost a few recently. Now that you mention it I think I posted the close-up photo in the 'What's looking good in May' thread. I'd forgotten ... my memory gets worse :old::heehee:
    Thank you @pete, yes I do have several Euphorbias, although I have lost a few recently. Now that you mention it I think I posted the close-up photo in the 'What's looking good in May' thread. I'd...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Ademission

Please help me identify this succulent

I have / had Escheceria secunda. I say have / had because I am getting rid of all my small succulents.
    I have / had Escheceria secunda. I say have / had because I am getting rid of all my small succulents.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jasmine star
    Like x 5

Flowering Melocactus.

Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone...
    Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone to pollinate it.Hybrids will work with some cacti but not all.
    Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone to pollinate it.Hybrids will work with some...
    Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. MattyBur

Poorly cactus/succulent :(

I agree with Pete the small brown spots look like wounds from insects .Another thing you need to bare in mind is that some insects cannot be seen with the naked eye as they live in the soil Some...
    I agree with Pete the small brown spots look like wounds from insects .Another thing you need to bare in mind is that some insects cannot be seen with the naked eye as they live in the soil Some Nematodes eat roots slowly and they tend to live in garden centresAs they prefer wet...
    I agree with Pete the small brown spots look like wounds from insects .Another thing you need to bare in mind is that some insects cannot be seen with the naked eye as they live in the soil Some Nematodes eat roots slowly and they tend to live...
    I agree with Pete the small brown spots look like wounds from insects .Another thing you need to bare in mind is that some insects cannot be seen with the naked eye as they live in the soil Some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Flat1

please help me identify this very painful cactus

The place they live at now gets extremely hot in the summer as it holds on to heat from the day before.Thanks for the tip i will only go up to 15%-25% of the recommended concentration Limited to...
    The place they live at now gets extremely hot in the summer as it holds on to heat from the day before.Thanks for the tip i will only go up to 15%-25% of the recommended concentration Limited to once every 2 months during the growing seasonThat way it wont be too much fertiliser for this...
    The place they live at now gets extremely hot in the summer as it holds on to heat from the day before.Thanks for the tip i will only go up to 15%-25% of the recommended concentration Limited to once every 2 months during the growing...
    The place they live at now gets extremely hot in the summer as it holds on to heat from the day before.Thanks for the tip i will only go up to 15%-25% of the recommended concentration Limited to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Flat1

Cactus treat - Coryphantha maiz-tablasensis

I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green...
    I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green house.Since then I potted them on a south-facing windowsill and waterd them very very lightly. I...
    I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green house.Since then I potted them on a...
    I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green...
    Screenshot_20210511-204724_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-204727_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-204738_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-210609_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-210558_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-210746_Gallery.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Ademission

Please help me identify this cactus!

Michael Hewett,Thanks very much for your identification of the Parodia leninghausii. At long last I can get them all labelled up. I don't remember ever seeing flowers on the original plant but...
    Michael Hewett,Thanks very much for your identification of the Parodia leninghausii. At long last I can get them all labelled up. I don't remember ever seeing flowers on the original plant but my wife does. It must have been many years ago. Many years ago when I was a student, I had a small...
    Michael Hewett,Thanks very much for your identification of the Parodia leninghausii. At long last I can get them all labelled up. I don't remember ever seeing flowers on the original plant but my wife does. It must have been many years...
    Michael Hewett,Thanks very much for your identification of the Parodia leninghausii. At long last I can get them all labelled up. I don't remember ever seeing flowers on the original plant but...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice