1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Selleri

Recommend a hardy, upright succulent please!

I had a puya alpestris I grew from seed (repotting was very painful!). It was left outside all year in Nottinghamshire and grew quite happily and flowered. It died when I forgot to water it one...
    I had a puya alpestris I grew from seed (repotting was very painful!). It was left outside all year in Nottinghamshire and grew quite happily and flowered. It died when I forgot to water it one summer, but had stood the winters no problem.
    I had a puya alpestris I grew from seed (repotting was very painful!). It was left outside all year in Nottinghamshire and grew quite happily and flowered. It died when I forgot to water it one summer, but had stood the winters no problem.
    I had a puya alpestris I grew from seed (repotting was very painful!). It was left outside all year in Nottinghamshire and grew quite happily and flowered. It died when I forgot to water it one...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. strongylodon
    Like x 5

Cactus garden!

I saw a video of two big horn sheep having a bit of a fight. I dont know what the horns or skull is made of but you wouldn't want to get in the way of one of them.:yikes:
    I saw a video of two big horn sheep having a bit of a fight. I dont know what the horns or skull is made of but you wouldn't want to get in the way of one of them.:yikes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. redd

String of hearts

Thanks for the advice!! I am going to leave it as it is because it looks very happy at the moment. Keeping a close eye on it though....
    Thanks for the advice!! I am going to leave it as it is because it looks very happy at the moment. Keeping a close eye on it though....
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. EmmaSpike

Small white patch

Aw thank you!! :thankyou:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Danny Nairn

Aloe seedlings

Yes make sure there are lots of roots before moving it into a bigger pot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. SpiaggiaNera

Aloe problems with lower leaves

hey, how old is she??
    hey, how old is she??
    hey, how old is she??
    hey, how old is she??
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Markymark

Watering of these!

I'd like to help regarding watering but I've never grown plants in that way. I tend to use very gritty compost and drainage in the pots.I can only suggest you keep them on the dry side, as that...
    I'd like to help regarding watering but I've never grown plants in that way. I tend to use very gritty compost and drainage in the pots.I can only suggest you keep them on the dry side, as that will be preferable to too wet. Obviously more water in summer, and very little if any in winter.
    I'd like to help regarding watering but I've never grown plants in that way. I tend to use very gritty compost and drainage in the pots.I can only suggest you keep them on the dry side, as that will be preferable to too wet. Obviously more...
    I'd like to help regarding watering but I've never grown plants in that way. I tend to use very gritty compost and drainage in the pots.I can only suggest you keep them on the dry side, as that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Michael Hewett
    Like x 7

Rhipsalis pilocarpa

Thank you @Ucook55
    Thank you @Ucook55
    Thank you @Ucook55
    Thank you @Ucook55
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Snorky85

Lithops

Well I think there are different species and I'm not an expert, but nothing grows in the gloom we have between now and february.When they get adult I find there are summer flowing ones and...
    Well I think there are different species and I'm not an expert, but nothing grows in the gloom we have between now and february.When they get adult I find there are summer flowing ones and autumn flowering ones, but once flowered they tend to go dormant again, for 8 months:biggrin: They really are...
    Well I think there are different species and I'm not an expert, but nothing grows in the gloom we have between now and february.When they get adult I find there are summer flowing ones and autumn flowering ones, but once flowered they tend to...
    Well I think there are different species and I'm not an expert, but nothing grows in the gloom we have between now and february.When they get adult I find there are summer flowing ones and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Michael Hewett
    Like x 3

Astrophytum myriostigma

Astrophytum myriostigma, flowering in October - it's never done that before, and it has had several flowers through the summer.
    Astrophytum myriostigma, flowering in October - it's never done that before, and it has had several flowers through the summer.
    DSCF4237.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. kindredspirit
    Like x 5

Some cactus, which grow outside all year around.

Do you leave the Aeoniums out all year as well?
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. strhythm

what's happening to my Jade propagation?

Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed...
    Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed them before, but does anyone have any idea what it is and if it's harmful?
    Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed them before, but does anyone have any idea what it...
    Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed...
    20200919_115324.jpg 20200919_115318.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Hilfenburger

Cactus in need of help

To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage...
    To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage is only on the surface then, but it has ruined the look of the plant.
    To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage is only on the surface then, but it has ruined the...
    To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ThePlantAssassin

Terrarium advice please

Hi,If you google "cactus in terrarium" there are loads of examples and ytubes for doing that.
    Hi,If you google "cactus in terrarium" there are loads of examples and ytubes for doing that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Emma Hooker

Help - overwatered all my newly potted succulents

If the wet continues for more than a few days I'd consider bringing them under cover, but for a while they will be okay.
    If the wet continues for more than a few days I'd consider bringing them under cover, but for a while they will be okay.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Emma Hooker

Cactus help

Little way of an update, managed to take two cuttings from the droopy cactus and a few leaves, and all have rooted . Only one leaf from the other succulent took root but they’re all looking good...
    Little way of an update, managed to take two cuttings from the droopy cactus and a few leaves, and all have rooted . Only one leaf from the other succulent took root but they’re all looking good and should have a few more cactus to add to my collection
    Little way of an update, managed to take two cuttings from the droopy cactus and a few leaves, and all have rooted . Only one leaf from the other succulent took root but they’re all looking good and should have a few more cactus to add to my...
    Little way of an update, managed to take two cuttings from the droopy cactus and a few leaves, and all have rooted . Only one leaf from the other succulent took root but they’re all looking good...
    D0275ECA-BFA6-4890-8EF7-889AACAF408B.jpeg C7E6C17F-8036-4867-8E54-5ED704B02E50.jpeg 631D332F-7D3F-41A9-A873-BB4D7315B208.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Michael Hewett
    Like x 5

Echinopsis eyriesii

Well @pete, that's all it seems to need
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Dirk053

Gifted some plants

Evening guysWe have been gifted the below plants and not having had a lot of experience with cacti & succulents I wanted to give them the best chance of survival.The pots all have gritted...
    Evening guysWe have been gifted the below plants and not having had a lot of experience with cacti & succulents I wanted to give them the best chance of survival.The pots all have gritted cacti soil, all the pots have drainage holes.The pot with the 3 plants, we have sitting in a West...
    Evening guysWe have been gifted the below plants and not having had a lot of experience with cacti & succulents I wanted to give them the best chance of survival.The pots all have gritted cacti soil, all the pots have drainage holes.The pot...
    Evening guysWe have been gifted the below plants and not having had a lot of experience with cacti & succulents I wanted to give them the best chance of survival.The pots all have gritted...
    IMG_20200614_222855.jpg IMG_20200614_222810.jpg IMG_20200614_223004.jpg IMG_20200614_222910.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Michael Hewett
    Like x 7

Flowering cacti ...

Flowering cacti in my polytunnel :-Weingartia neocumingii :-Parodia ottonis :-Gymnocalycium baldianum :-Mammillaria bocasana :-
    Flowering cacti in my polytunnel :-Weingartia neocumingii :-Parodia ottonis :-Gymnocalycium baldianum :-Mammillaria bocasana :-
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Michael Hewett

Orange berries

Actually I don't find it east to propagate from cuttings, they just don't seem to 'take' , I must be doing something wrong.
    Actually I don't find it east to propagate from cuttings, they just don't seem to 'take' , I must be doing something wrong.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice