1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Michael Hewett
    Like x 4

Rebutia senilis flowering now

I've seen your photos on that thread @KFF
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Massimo

Neglected Cacti

I think you have three different cacti in the same pot there. Possibly four. I'd be inclined to put them in separate pots in some new compost. You can cut off any obviously dead parts,but only...
    I think you have three different cacti in the same pot there. Possibly four. I'd be inclined to put them in separate pots in some new compost. You can cut off any obviously dead parts,but only one appears to have been badly affected.
    I think you have three different cacti in the same pot there. Possibly four. I'd be inclined to put them in separate pots in some new compost. You can cut off any obviously dead parts,but only one appears to have been badly affected.
    I think you have three different cacti in the same pot there. Possibly four. I'd be inclined to put them in separate pots in some new compost. You can cut off any obviously dead parts,but only...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Natalie emma

Drooping cactus and identification

Thanks for your response:) it's on by the kitchen window and it's South facing so we have sunlight all day. I though maybe It may need a bigger pot? I get more and more flowers each year and I think...
    Thanks for your response:) it's on by the kitchen window and it's South facing so we have sunlight all day. I though maybe It may need a bigger pot? I get more and more flowers each year and I think it will definatly become damaged if I try to straighten it. Glad it seems happy
    Thanks for your response:) it's on by the kitchen window and it's South facing so we have sunlight all day. I though maybe It may need a bigger pot? I get more and more flowers each year and I think it will definatly become damaged if I try to...
    Thanks for your response:) it's on by the kitchen window and it's South facing so we have sunlight all day. I though maybe It may need a bigger pot? I get more and more flowers each year and I think...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. intel

Aloe Vera Problems

OK cheers will try that tomorrow
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kennyhicks

My house leek bowl

Thank you i will do it tomorrow
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. momo1103

Succulents going brown

Thank you :) Yes the taller one is an aloe and when I bought the smaller one the label said it was a Gasteria Okavango. I have moved them to a shadier area of the room, and the aloe seems to be...
    Thank you :) Yes the taller one is an aloe and when I bought the smaller one the label said it was a Gasteria Okavango. I have moved them to a shadier area of the room, and the aloe seems to be going greener already but the smaller one has no change yet. I watered them a couple of days ago so I...
    Thank you :) Yes the taller one is an aloe and when I bought the smaller one the label said it was a Gasteria Okavango. I have moved them to a shadier area of the room, and the aloe seems to be going greener already but the smaller one has no...
    Thank you :) Yes the taller one is an aloe and when I bought the smaller one the label said it was a Gasteria Okavango. I have moved them to a shadier area of the room, and the aloe seems to be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Scotty2088

Plant ID please

Looks a bit like a money tree, you dont actually prune them, although you can if you want to.Any cut off pieces make good cuttings.
    Looks a bit like a money tree, you dont actually prune them, although you can if you want to.Any cut off pieces make good cuttings.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kennyhicks

Money tree repotting

I water when i remeber really same as my two cactus on the windowsill. What feed shall i use never fed it.
    I water when i remeber really same as my two cactus on the windowsill. What feed shall i use never fed it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Jack Sparrow

Flowering cactus

Rebutia? if so, not very Arizonian:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Michael Hewett
    Like x 7

Rhipsalis campos-portoana

Thank you @Selleri , I have several different types of these and many of them flower. Yes they do resemble snowdrops :)
    Thank you @Selleri , I have several different types of these and many of them flower. Yes they do resemble snowdrops :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Snorky85

Succulents....cultivation

Well not quite the next day but here are pics of seed grown echiveria sown 10 months earlier. Half size seed traysEdit : He lied. Top ones are full sized seed trays
    Well not quite the next day but here are pics of seed grown echiveria sown 10 months earlier. Half size seed traysEdit : He lied. Top ones are full sized seed trays
    EF5D4606-10DA-472C-A175-1A31DAF73E6B.jpeg 76178FCD-2FB9-4440-BA26-F074EA176186.jpeg 71A93481-70FF-452F-8DB3-AF02A3DF0AF7.jpeg E044462B-811A-4A79-AB13-E5B50269AD2B.jpeg 971E3D15-5369-402C-B0EC-B2641E9AB079.jpeg B3699C17-1A18-4805-92A6-175DCE985A8D.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Snorky85

What’s going on with this?

Oh that's good to know. Thank you both v much. I'll put some on perlite or grit and bring it inside and spray then. :biggrin:
    Oh that's good to know. Thank you both v much. I'll put some on perlite or grit and bring it inside and spray then. :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. strhythm

Cactus Rot?

Google. cactus rot caused by washing up liquid. Lots of info.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Gardencactus

Can you identify this cactus for me?

I wouldn't even like to try and guess on that one, it looks pretty young and cacti alter a fair amount as they mature.
    I wouldn't even like to try and guess on that one, it looks pretty young and cacti alter a fair amount as they mature.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. strhythm

are these lines normal?

It certainly does look like leaf miner I think... There is no real control for them at this time of year.. I would remove the worst affected leaves and then you could try a spray of Neem oil to...
    It certainly does look like leaf miner I think... There is no real control for them at this time of year.. I would remove the worst affected leaves and then you could try a spray of Neem oil to catch the adults before they lay eggs.. Since the damage is mostly cosmetic, the remedy is to...
    It certainly does look like leaf miner I think... There is no real control for them at this time of year.. I would remove the worst affected leaves and then you could try a spray of Neem oil to catch the adults before they lay eggs.. Since the...
    It certainly does look like leaf miner I think... There is no real control for them at this time of year.. I would remove the worst affected leaves and then you could try a spray of Neem oil to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Michael Hewett

Identification

Thank you both … with your help I have now been able to identify the plants. First one is Aloe striata Second one is a Kalanchoe hybrid called 'Elk Antlers'
    Thank you both … with your help I have now been able to identify the plants. First one is Aloe striata Second one is a Kalanchoe hybrid called 'Elk Antlers'
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. kindredspirit
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. BigC

Needs Must!

With the recent spate of inclement weather patterns, I've had to resort to purchasing a small plastic greenhouse affair to keep the rain off my Sempervivum collection. It seems a better option...
    With the recent spate of inclement weather patterns, I've had to resort to purchasing a small plastic greenhouse affair to keep the rain off my Sempervivum collection. It seems a better option for me leaving the door completely open to let the flow of air around the plants.
    With the recent spate of inclement weather patterns, I've had to resort to purchasing a small plastic greenhouse affair to keep the rain off my Sempervivum collection. It seems a better option for me leaving the door completely open to let the...
    With the recent spate of inclement weather patterns, I've had to resort to purchasing a small plastic greenhouse affair to keep the rain off my Sempervivum collection. It seems a better option...
    Semp grid.jpg standmk2.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Loki

Cactus care

Thank you @LokiHere's my search of the sealant topic which has some more pics. The clay is just air dry clay, Hobbycraft and Amazon have it.First I tried to make tall, slim pots by shaping...
    Thank you @LokiHere's my search of the sealant topic which has some more pics. The clay is just air dry clay, Hobbycraft and Amazon have it.First I tried to make tall, slim pots by shaping the clay over glasses, but they were too thin and cracked. Thick, bun like shapes turned out to be...
    Thank you @LokiHere's my search of the sealant topic which has some more pics. The clay is just air dry clay, Hobbycraft and Amazon have it.First I tried to make tall, slim pots by shaping the clay over glasses, but they were too thin and...
    Thank you @LokiHere's my search of the sealant topic which has some more pics. The clay is just air dry clay, Hobbycraft and Amazon have it.First I tried to make tall, slim pots by shaping...
    IMG_1018.JPG IMG_1047.JPG Lokiscacti.JPG thesmallone.JPG degu.JPG potinmaking.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. ricky101

Living Stones/Linthops / Succulents

They need to rest after only their first growing season. No water and cool temps all winter, some species need watering earlier than others, often just a light spray at first to get them going is...
    They need to rest after only their first growing season. No water and cool temps all winter, some species need watering earlier than others, often just a light spray at first to get them going is best. Some of these actually survive in the wild on fog, with practically no rain.
    They need to rest after only their first growing season. No water and cool temps all winter, some species need watering earlier than others, often just a light spray at first to get them going is best. Some of these actually survive in the wild...
    They need to rest after only their first growing season. No water and cool temps all winter, some species need watering earlier than others, often just a light spray at first to get them going is...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice