1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. golfer

potatoes

Maincrop potatoes are your best chance of blight resistance. As stated heat and humidity are the ideal breeding ground for blight. Blight can also attack your crop once you have cut the shaws off...
    Maincrop potatoes are your best chance of blight resistance. As stated heat and humidity are the ideal breeding ground for blight. Blight can also attack your crop once you have cut the shaws off so treat with a fungicide after you shaw them.
    Maincrop potatoes are your best chance of blight resistance. As stated heat and humidity are the ideal breeding ground for blight. Blight can also attack your crop once you have cut the shaws off so treat with a fungicide after you shaw them.
    Maincrop potatoes are your best chance of blight resistance. As stated heat and humidity are the ideal breeding ground for blight. Blight can also attack your crop once you have cut the shaws off...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. lazy-gardener

squash outside?

Oh, I forgot - Pak choi grew well, and overwintered successfully in the ground, surviving the nasty cold spell early this year. I ate the last one in early `Feb!Unfortunately, slugs like them *a...
    Oh, I forgot - Pak choi grew well, and overwintered successfully in the ground, surviving the nasty cold spell early this year. I ate the last one in early `Feb!Unfortunately, slugs like them *a lot* though......cheers Dave
    Oh, I forgot - Pak choi grew well, and overwintered successfully in the ground, surviving the nasty cold spell early this year. I ate the last one in early `Feb!Unfortunately, slugs like them *a lot* though......cheers Dave
    Oh, I forgot - Pak choi grew well, and overwintered successfully in the ground, surviving the nasty cold spell early this year. I ate the last one in early `Feb!Unfortunately, slugs like them *a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Jack by the hedge

Basket tomatoes

Thanks for these replies. I am going to try gartenperle and also tumbling tom varieties. I was just a little concerned that some container plants might be poisonous and, possibly, unsuitable to...
    Thanks for these replies. I am going to try gartenperle and also tumbling tom varieties. I was just a little concerned that some container plants might be poisonous and, possibly, unsuitable to grow in the same basket where roots mingle closely with an edible crop. Perhaps it's best to stick to...
    Thanks for these replies. I am going to try gartenperle and also tumbling tom varieties. I was just a little concerned that some container plants might be poisonous and, possibly, unsuitable to grow in the same basket where roots mingle closely...
    Thanks for these replies. I am going to try gartenperle and also tumbling tom varieties. I was just a little concerned that some container plants might be poisonous and, possibly, unsuitable to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. cattwoman25

potato planting

many thanks terrier just what i wanted to hear
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. vegmandan

Frisby Lettuce - Where has it gone ?

I bought a packet of T&M mixed leaves today from my garden centre which included a packet of Frisby.
    I bought a packet of T&M mixed leaves today from my garden centre which included a packet of Frisby.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. timecharger

Should I prune 1-year old fruit bushes? And another question...

Thanks David...appreciated
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Peter Finn

Potatoes in pots

Growing spuds in containers is a good way to use up spent compost. Mix in plenty of organic stuff to hold the moisture (balls of newspaper is good)but don't forget they are heavy feeders so...
    Growing spuds in containers is a good way to use up spent compost. Mix in plenty of organic stuff to hold the moisture (balls of newspaper is good)but don't forget they are heavy feeders so incorporate some feed (chicken pellets for inst). I prefer small containers,so wherever I have a spare few...
    Growing spuds in containers is a good way to use up spent compost. Mix in plenty of organic stuff to hold the moisture (balls of newspaper is good)but don't forget they are heavy feeders so incorporate some feed (chicken pellets for inst). I...
    Growing spuds in containers is a good way to use up spent compost. Mix in plenty of organic stuff to hold the moisture (balls of newspaper is good)but don't forget they are heavy feeders so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. grubby mitts

Rhubarb

Freddy - you shouldn't force in the first year, in any event.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. shiney

Early Garlic?

I bought a pot of ransome last year and planted it in a lightly shaded spot next to the compost bin. It is coming along nicely this year so when it bushes out, I think we can use some this year. ...
    I bought a pot of ransome last year and planted it in a lightly shaded spot next to the compost bin. It is coming along nicely this year so when it bushes out, I think we can use some this year. Or should we wait another year?
    I bought a pot of ransome last year and planted it in a lightly shaded spot next to the compost bin. It is coming along nicely this year so when it bushes out, I think we can use some this year. Or should we wait another year?
    I bought a pot of ransome last year and planted it in a lightly shaded spot next to the compost bin. It is coming along nicely this year so when it bushes out, I think we can use some this year. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. stickman

soybeans

Hey guys and galsThought I might try soybeans this year (like a challenge!), have bought some T&M seeds, variety 'ustie'. Supposedly for a more northern climate.Anyone got any idea of what...
    Hey guys and galsThought I might try soybeans this year (like a challenge!), have bought some T&M seeds, variety 'ustie'. Supposedly for a more northern climate.Anyone got any idea of what kind of support I need for them? ie are they a bush type, a climber or a tall type?Cheers, Nick
    Hey guys and galsThought I might try soybeans this year (like a challenge!), have bought some T&M seeds, variety 'ustie'. Supposedly for a more northern climate.Anyone got any idea of what kind of support I need for them? ie are they a bush...
    Hey guys and galsThought I might try soybeans this year (like a challenge!), have bought some T&M seeds, variety 'ustie'. Supposedly for a more northern climate.Anyone got any idea of what...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. vegmandan

Heat Treated Onion Sets

Red Baron from Marshalls. Excellent !
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Fi Friend

Years Old Doggie Toilet discovered in new veggie patch

7 years is a long time, I imagine all number 2's will have turned to compost over that time.
    7 years is a long time, I imagine all number 2's will have turned to compost over that time.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Sarraceniac

Wilko Fruit trees

Wow wilkos twice in one day John, I new you would come round to our way of thinking,they do get some good stuff in if you get there when it first comes in,very reasonably priced.
    Wow wilkos twice in one day John, I new you would come round to our way of thinking,they do get some good stuff in if you get there when it first comes in,very reasonably priced.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. David G

Cabbage

The purple goes green when cooked. Many greens have a puple tinge, its normal.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Sarraceniac

Wilko Fruit trees

Wonder who WOO? (I'd better bring a take away for dinner with them) :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. linlin

What's the matter with my garlic?

Thanks Dai - I'll leave them alone then.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. lazy-gardener

going to grow some taters!!!

Last year I sowed our earlies in pots on 21st March (= Good Friday this year) this was in a polytunnel, but we're a bit further north and colder, and they were moved outside once they had grown a...
    Last year I sowed our earlies in pots on 21st March (= Good Friday this year) this was in a polytunnel, but we're a bit further north and colder, and they were moved outside once they had grown a bit. First tatties were gathered on 21st May.Chitted v non-chitted? I'm like John and chit because...
    Last year I sowed our earlies in pots on 21st March (= Good Friday this year) this was in a polytunnel, but we're a bit further north and colder, and they were moved outside once they had grown a bit. First tatties were gathered on 21st...
    Last year I sowed our earlies in pots on 21st March (= Good Friday this year) this was in a polytunnel, but we're a bit further north and colder, and they were moved outside once they had grown a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. khampson

Growing Veg

Why not just buy some cheap plastic buckets and make drainage holes in the bottoms. I've just bought some from Wilcos at 69p each for my early potatoes, last season I used buckets for some late...
    Why not just buy some cheap plastic buckets and make drainage holes in the bottoms. I've just bought some from Wilcos at 69p each for my early potatoes, last season I used buckets for some late potatoes and we've just finished eating those. Growbags are no more than 6" deep and you can grow all...
    Why not just buy some cheap plastic buckets and make drainage holes in the bottoms. I've just bought some from Wilcos at 69p each for my early potatoes, last season I used buckets for some late potatoes and we've just finished eating those....
    Why not just buy some cheap plastic buckets and make drainage holes in the bottoms. I've just bought some from Wilcos at 69p each for my early potatoes, last season I used buckets for some late...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. beanie b12

Do rabbits eat asparagus?

Thanks all. not what i wanted to hear but I kind of expected it. liking this forum, I will no doubt be back for more advice soon XX
    Thanks all. not what i wanted to hear but I kind of expected it. liking this forum, I will no doubt be back for more advice soon XX
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Celia

are potatoes friendly?

Having just dug over the bed where the potatoes are going this year I was a little worried cos F-in-L has planted strawbwrries at the bottom end of the bed and is planning to put rhubarb in...
    Having just dug over the bed where the potatoes are going this year I was a little worried cos F-in-L has planted strawbwrries at the bottom end of the bed and is planning to put rhubarb in between the potatoes and strawberries. Will these grow together or are they fussy and spread disease to...
    Having just dug over the bed where the potatoes are going this year I was a little worried cos F-in-L has planted strawbwrries at the bottom end of the bed and is planning to put rhubarb in between the potatoes and strawberries. Will these grow...
    Having just dug over the bed where the potatoes are going this year I was a little worried cos F-in-L has planted strawbwrries at the bottom end of the bed and is planning to put rhubarb in...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice