1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. josephine

Potato Weirdo

Hi Palustris,just wanted to let you know we lifted our main crop of potato's today. They looked great and we decided to take your advice and to put the tops and weird tomato like pods into our...
    Hi Palustris,just wanted to let you know we lifted our main crop of potato's today. They looked great and we decided to take your advice and to put the tops and weird tomato like pods into our council rubbish collection. Thanks again for your help.Josie.
    Hi Palustris,just wanted to let you know we lifted our main crop of potato's today. They looked great and we decided to take your advice and to put the tops and weird tomato like pods into our council rubbish collection. Thanks again for your...
    Hi Palustris,just wanted to let you know we lifted our main crop of potato's today. They looked great and we decided to take your advice and to put the tops and weird tomato like pods into our...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Deserter

Tomato blight?

Acerhead,spores can overwinter in the ground, you are doing right by washing the greenhouse with Jeyes, but I would be inclined to increase the strength slightly and do it now. If you grow in the...
    Acerhead,spores can overwinter in the ground, you are doing right by washing the greenhouse with Jeyes, but I would be inclined to increase the strength slightly and do it now. If you grow in the ground in the greenhouse then give this a good drenching. Also, all pots and containers used in the...
    Acerhead,spores can overwinter in the ground, you are doing right by washing the greenhouse with Jeyes, but I would be inclined to increase the strength slightly and do it now. If you grow in the ground in the greenhouse then give this a good...
    Acerhead,spores can overwinter in the ground, you are doing right by washing the greenhouse with Jeyes, but I would be inclined to increase the strength slightly and do it now. If you grow in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. fretdancer

BROCCOLI QUESTIONS

fretdancer, if it`s calabrese it should harvest late Autumn / early Winter. David.
    fretdancer, if it`s calabrese it should harvest late Autumn / early Winter. David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. rockpebblar

Fruit tree disaster

Thanks Jurrasic will look out for RHS and gen up on pruning etc, Have just found out my trusty conference pears now have brown rot, I just cant win! Have been collecting and disposing of all...
    Thanks Jurrasic will look out for RHS and gen up on pruning etc, Have just found out my trusty conference pears now have brown rot, I just cant win! Have been collecting and disposing of all leaves in garden for three years now and sprayed several times last and this year but it seems to have...
    Thanks Jurrasic will look out for RHS and gen up on pruning etc, Have just found out my trusty conference pears now have brown rot, I just cant win! Have been collecting and disposing of all leaves in garden for three years now and sprayed...
    Thanks Jurrasic will look out for RHS and gen up on pruning etc, Have just found out my trusty conference pears now have brown rot, I just cant win! Have been collecting and disposing of all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Pete051

It looks like maize

Thanks for the info odd name though I don't remember it being particularly stinky.
    Thanks for the info odd name though I don't remember it being particularly stinky.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. elainefiz

Chilli peppers.

any suggestions of what dishes you cook using the small green chillis please, i use for omelettes and obviously chilli, but bit stumped what else to use for.
    any suggestions of what dishes you cook using the small green chillis please, i use for omelettes and obviously chilli, but bit stumped what else to use for.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. KooKoo

Apple tree fruit - 30 tiny ones and 5 big ones?

I would not bother transplanting a tree that big. No matter how careful you are you would severely damage the roots and they then never seem to recover properly. If it was me I would start with a...
    I would not bother transplanting a tree that big. No matter how careful you are you would severely damage the roots and they then never seem to recover properly. If it was me I would start with a new one in a better place and s*c*r*a*p that one. With tree 1 it sounds as though most of the apples...
    I would not bother transplanting a tree that big. No matter how careful you are you would severely damage the roots and they then never seem to recover properly. If it was me I would start with a new one in a better place and s*c*r*a*p that...
    I would not bother transplanting a tree that big. No matter how careful you are you would severely damage the roots and they then never seem to recover properly. If it was me I would start with a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kedi-Gato

courgettes

I am rather jealous of all these people with courgette cornucopia - mine are supposed to be green ones but a lot of them have gone yellow and kind of floppy... anyone know why that might be? They...
    I am rather jealous of all these people with courgette cornucopia - mine are supposed to be green ones but a lot of them have gone yellow and kind of floppy... anyone know why that might be? They haven't had a lot of sun (not much i can do about that really, it's just due to the weather round...
    I am rather jealous of all these people with courgette cornucopia - mine are supposed to be green ones but a lot of them have gone yellow and kind of floppy... anyone know why that might be? They haven't had a lot of sun (not much i can do about...
    I am rather jealous of all these people with courgette cornucopia - mine are supposed to be green ones but a lot of them have gone yellow and kind of floppy... anyone know why that might be? They...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. oktarine

Garlic Harvest

Nice work Sharon.
    Nice work Sharon.
    Nice work Sharon.
    Nice work Sharon.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. kryssy

Parsnips

We don't normally, but when we lived on a south facing sea level sand dune, frost was not a common occurrence, so the best way to get sweet parsnips was to freeze them. Now we live in a frost...
    We don't normally, but when we lived on a south facing sea level sand dune, frost was not a common occurrence, so the best way to get sweet parsnips was to freeze them. Now we live in a frost pocket, we do not need to any more!
    We don't normally, but when we lived on a south facing sea level sand dune, frost was not a common occurrence, so the best way to get sweet parsnips was to freeze them. Now we live in a frost pocket, we do not need to any more!
    We don't normally, but when we lived on a south facing sea level sand dune, frost was not a common occurrence, so the best way to get sweet parsnips was to freeze them. Now we live in a frost...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Erin

Apples and Pears!

Hi Erin If your cookers (apples) have brown spots on them and maybe the leaf has blackish spots you may have the on onset of spore disease (Brown rot) suggest you monitor for worsening effects...
    Hi Erin If your cookers (apples) have brown spots on them and maybe the leaf has blackish spots you may have the on onset of spore disease (Brown rot) suggest you monitor for worsening effects (rotting fruit on tree) and if this is the case do not compost the fruit or leaves. I think a lot of...
    Hi Erin If your cookers (apples) have brown spots on them and maybe the leaf has blackish spots you may have the on onset of spore disease (Brown rot) suggest you monitor for worsening effects (rotting fruit on tree) and if this is the case do...
    Hi Erin If your cookers (apples) have brown spots on them and maybe the leaf has blackish spots you may have the on onset of spore disease (Brown rot) suggest you monitor for worsening effects...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Paul N

Keeping Carrots

I've put my potatoes in a strong brown paper bag in the shed and they're fine in there.I only had ONE carrot, and it wasn't that big. I split it in half to go with our dinner, it did taste nice...
    I've put my potatoes in a strong brown paper bag in the shed and they're fine in there.I only had ONE carrot, and it wasn't that big. I split it in half to go with our dinner, it did taste nice and earthy.
    I've put my potatoes in a strong brown paper bag in the shed and they're fine in there.I only had ONE carrot, and it wasn't that big. I split it in half to go with our dinner, it did taste nice and earthy.
    I've put my potatoes in a strong brown paper bag in the shed and they're fine in there.I only had ONE carrot, and it wasn't that big. I split it in half to go with our dinner, it did taste nice...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. kryssy

End of my runner beans

I've grown them from seed (or bean) for the first time this year too. They have been cropping for ages and I have loads stored in the freezer. I harvest them when they're about 8" or 10" long. ...
    I've grown them from seed (or bean) for the first time this year too. They have been cropping for ages and I have loads stored in the freezer. I harvest them when they're about 8" or 10" long. There's no end in sight yet!My sweet peas are still going great guns too, I cut off any pods...
    I've grown them from seed (or bean) for the first time this year too. They have been cropping for ages and I have loads stored in the freezer. I harvest them when they're about 8" or 10" long. There's no end in sight yet!My sweet peas are...
    I've grown them from seed (or bean) for the first time this year too. They have been cropping for ages and I have loads stored in the freezer. I harvest them when they're about 8" or 10" long. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. golfer

Onions

All the tops are over and drying out however the wind may have blown them over like you said it may be worth waiting for some nice weather to dry them out a little. I put onion sets in May and...
    All the tops are over and drying out however the wind may have blown them over like you said it may be worth waiting for some nice weather to dry them out a little. I put onion sets in May and early June they have come nice in pots.
    All the tops are over and drying out however the wind may have blown them over like you said it may be worth waiting for some nice weather to dry them out a little. I put onion sets in May and early June they have come nice in pots.
    All the tops are over and drying out however the wind may have blown them over like you said it may be worth waiting for some nice weather to dry them out a little. I put onion sets in May and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Birdbrain

Anyone experienced this problem with tomatoes?

Sorry birdbrain, I missed your post.I cant remember the variety, it might have been Grenadier or even moneymaker. I dont think its to do with the variety, more the growing conditions, if you...
    Sorry birdbrain, I missed your post.I cant remember the variety, it might have been Grenadier or even moneymaker. I dont think its to do with the variety, more the growing conditions, if you grow them outside it never happens. The stems are much shorter and the plants more compact and...
    Sorry birdbrain, I missed your post.I cant remember the variety, it might have been Grenadier or even moneymaker. I dont think its to do with the variety, more the growing conditions, if you grow them outside it never happens. The stems are...
    Sorry birdbrain, I missed your post.I cant remember the variety, it might have been Grenadier or even moneymaker. I dont think its to do with the variety, more the growing conditions, if you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Kedi-Gato

Grapes

Sis, I've made Jalapeno jelly quite often, Dad sent me the recipe years ago. This is the one we always put on a cream cheese sandwich.I've also made a hot jelly using tomato juice and...
    Sis, I've made Jalapeno jelly quite often, Dad sent me the recipe years ago. This is the one we always put on a cream cheese sandwich.I've also made a hot jelly using tomato juice and ready-made chilli sauce.
    Sis, I've made Jalapeno jelly quite often, Dad sent me the recipe years ago. This is the one we always put on a cream cheese sandwich.I've also made a hot jelly using tomato juice and ready-made chilli sauce.
    Sis, I've made Jalapeno jelly quite often, Dad sent me the recipe years ago. This is the one we always put on a cream cheese sandwich.I've also made a hot jelly using tomato juice and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Fonzie

Blueberries

Just this minute finished planting the AG. Got each one in a pot,ericacious compost, as required in the back which is south facing and somewhat sheltered. Gonna put the berries in me porridge!
    Just this minute finished planting the AG. Got each one in a pot,ericacious compost, as required in the back which is south facing and somewhat sheltered. Gonna put the berries in me porridge!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Laurie

Potato Barrels

hi lauriei tryed spuds for the first time this year i used 40 litre polypots placed 3/4 seed potatoes in the bottom and added compost as they grew and got 20/30 spuds per bag and they were...
    hi lauriei tryed spuds for the first time this year i used 40 litre polypots placed 3/4 seed potatoes in the bottom and added compost as they grew and got 20/30 spuds per bag and they were lovely .so if i got that from 40 litres then you should get 40+ if you want some polypots i got mine...
    hi lauriei tryed spuds for the first time this year i used 40 litre polypots placed 3/4 seed potatoes in the bottom and added compost as they grew and got 20/30 spuds per bag and they were lovely .so if i got that from 40 litres then you...
    hi lauriei tryed spuds for the first time this year i used 40 litre polypots placed 3/4 seed potatoes in the bottom and added compost as they grew and got 20/30 spuds per bag and they were...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. cajary

Blueberries

Yeah, got it. Printed it off to go in my folder, thanks again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. golfer

Pears

I spelled somehing wrong should have readi meant to say can one make deserts or something with them or do something with wine.
    I spelled somehing wrong should have readi meant to say can one make deserts or something with them or do something with wine.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice