1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Matthew 1990

Melons!

Hope you have more success with your melons' than I have with my pomegranate and kumquate.Have one kumquate on a large bush, thinking of cutting the bloomin thing into tiny peices and having a...
    Hope you have more success with your melons' than I have with my pomegranate and kumquate.Have one kumquate on a large bush, thinking of cutting the bloomin thing into tiny peices and having a cerimonial bbq when it ripensGood luck,Paulap.s. you don't have to be mad to live here but...
    Hope you have more success with your melons' than I have with my pomegranate and kumquate.Have one kumquate on a large bush, thinking of cutting the bloomin thing into tiny peices and having a cerimonial bbq when it ripensGood...
    Hope you have more success with your melons' than I have with my pomegranate and kumquate.Have one kumquate on a large bush, thinking of cutting the bloomin thing into tiny peices and having a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Liz

More veg disappointments....

hi liz, this has been true for me too although we seem to be getting more sunshine than most of the country, but I have never known the ground so wet.
    hi liz, this has been true for me too although we seem to be getting more sunshine than most of the country, but I have never known the ground so wet.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ruffmeister

bumper harvests?

Hello, we too are having a bumper crop of tatties but the peas are a big disappointment this year. The pods are yellowing on the plants and the size of the peas in them is miniscule. The broad...
    Hello, we too are having a bumper crop of tatties but the peas are a big disappointment this year. The pods are yellowing on the plants and the size of the peas in them is miniscule. The broad beans were infested with black fly and the runner beans are only just beginning to be big enough to...
    Hello, we too are having a bumper crop of tatties but the peas are a big disappointment this year. The pods are yellowing on the plants and the size of the peas in them is miniscule. The broad beans were infested with black fly and the runner...
    Hello, we too are having a bumper crop of tatties but the peas are a big disappointment this year. The pods are yellowing on the plants and the size of the peas in them is miniscule. The broad...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. KevinO

Sweetcorn

The side shoots are probably the cobs forming Kevin, later there are long strands of almost sticky threads that appear from these, each thread goes back down into the shoot to the corn. The...
    The side shoots are probably the cobs forming Kevin, later there are long strands of almost sticky threads that appear from these, each thread goes back down into the shoot to the corn. The pollen from the male flower on the top of the stem has to transfer down onto these threads to pollenate...
    The side shoots are probably the cobs forming Kevin, later there are long strands of almost sticky threads that appear from these, each thread goes back down into the shoot to the corn. The pollen from the male flower on the top of the stem has...
    The side shoots are probably the cobs forming Kevin, later there are long strands of almost sticky threads that appear from these, each thread goes back down into the shoot to the corn. The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ruffmeister

size of your spuds

Our Maris Bard have grown to a decent size, but Sharpes Express are a bit disappointing
    Our Maris Bard have grown to a decent size, but Sharpes Express are a bit disappointing
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Matthew 1990

Anyone Tried To Grow Any Of These Vegetables And Salads

Hi MatthewOut of your list, I have grown beetroot, runner beans and radishes (not sure of the varieties either). They have all done well and, as a first time veggie grower, I'm very pleased.
    Hi MatthewOut of your list, I have grown beetroot, runner beans and radishes (not sure of the varieties either). They have all done well and, as a first time veggie grower, I'm very pleased.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kedi-Gato

Could this be Basil?

Yes kedi, I'm not sure that pic is an exact match but if you look at some of the others it appears to be a variable plant. Dont think its good to eat though. :(
    Yes kedi, I'm not sure that pic is an exact match but if you look at some of the others it appears to be a variable plant. Dont think its good to eat though. :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. chan

strawberry pot

Hello wyldeflower i was reading through the messages and came across the www.fairy.co.nr. An amazing site. www.wyldeflower.co.nr is a great site too. Tess
    Hello wyldeflower i was reading through the messages and came across the www.fairy.co.nr. An amazing site. www.wyldeflower.co.nr is a great site too. Tess
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. elainefiz

Heavy rain=flat peas

Has anyone had this? The monsoon-like rain we`ve had has sent my 6ft+ sugar snaps almost horizontal.I`ve tied them back umpteen times but to no avail.The back row of sweetcorn is being choked.
    Has anyone had this? The monsoon-like rain we`ve had has sent my 6ft+ sugar snaps almost horizontal.I`ve tied them back umpteen times but to no avail.The back row of sweetcorn is being choked.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Tiarella

When you dig up your spuds..........

Thanks, folks, it looks like there are indeed various ways of reusing it then. Some winter veggies might be a good idea, and I'll add some fertiliser granules.
    Thanks, folks, it looks like there are indeed various ways of reusing it then. Some winter veggies might be a good idea, and I'll add some fertiliser granules.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. David G

Cucumber wilt

Thanks for the replies I still have one in a pot outside that looks ok I may move him in the greenhouse I cannot find out if the male flowers should be removed on this plant it is called...
    Thanks for the replies I still have one in a pot outside that looks ok I may move him in the greenhouse I cannot find out if the male flowers should be removed on this plant it is called "Perfection" if one cucumber is fertilised will that meen the whole harvest from that plant will be bitter...
    Thanks for the replies I still have one in a pot outside that looks ok I may move him in the greenhouse I cannot find out if the male flowers should be removed on this plant it is called "Perfection" if one cucumber is fertilised will that meen...
    Thanks for the replies I still have one in a pot outside that looks ok I may move him in the greenhouse I cannot find out if the male flowers should be removed on this plant it is called...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. elainefiz

Fresh veg

many thanks for your reply elainefiz i might give it a whirl , despite the weather we are having just lately i have managed to grow a bit of stuff in pots i started doing flowers last yr fed up of...
    many thanks for your reply elainefiz i might give it a whirl , despite the weather we are having just lately i have managed to grow a bit of stuff in pots i started doing flowers last yr fed up of paying silly prices at garden centres ! and thought it would be nice to try some veg i have done...
    many thanks for your reply elainefiz i might give it a whirl , despite the weather we are having just lately i have managed to grow a bit of stuff in pots i started doing flowers last yr fed up of paying silly prices at garden centres ! and...
    many thanks for your reply elainefiz i might give it a whirl , despite the weather we are having just lately i have managed to grow a bit of stuff in pots i started doing flowers last yr fed up of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Victoria

Mutant Sweetcorn ???

Perhaps I was wrong, from the pic it looked like the corn hadn't formed, perhaps it had but was not ripe, unlike the main cob. :rolleyes:
    Perhaps I was wrong, from the pic it looked like the corn hadn't formed, perhaps it had but was not ripe, unlike the main cob. :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. farmingfriends

Flooded veg garden

I think it's been a bad year for veggies in general with all the rain we've had. Let's hope for more sunshine to dry things out and ripen then.
    I think it's been a bad year for veggies in general with all the rain we've had. Let's hope for more sunshine to dry things out and ripen then.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Johnb

Tomato seedlings

Thanks TO, I think i'm going to try the mini greenhouse. Let me know how yours get on and I'll do likewise.John
    Thanks TO, I think i'm going to try the mini greenhouse. Let me know how yours get on and I'll do likewise.John
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Herb

My Maris Pipers

Thanks. Trouble was the plants themselves were beginning to wither and fall over.
    Thanks. Trouble was the plants themselves were beginning to wither and fall over.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. oktarine

My Veg Plot Diary - "Reads Retreat"

Hehehe Windy, I guess you are right!Hope you'll still be growing So I can let you know !
    Hehehe Windy, I guess you are right!Hope you'll still be growing So I can let you know !
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Conny-boy

even more tomato problems

pete, the individual flowers are dropping, or rather the stems carrying the flowers seem to be bending and then drying off. I think i'll just keep doing what i'm doing and see what happens,...
    pete, the individual flowers are dropping, or rather the stems carrying the flowers seem to be bending and then drying off. I think i'll just keep doing what i'm doing and see what happens, there are still plenty of flowers on there. Ive been checking out this variety on www, apparently they...
    pete, the individual flowers are dropping, or rather the stems carrying the flowers seem to be bending and then drying off. I think i'll just keep doing what i'm doing and see what happens, there are still plenty of flowers on there. Ive been...
    pete, the individual flowers are dropping, or rather the stems carrying the flowers seem to be bending and then drying off. I think i'll just keep doing what i'm doing and see what happens,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Ceejay

My Poor Beans

Never tried it, but I have heard of the salt trick on beetroot, the expanation I heard was that beetroot is a costal plant, naturally.
    Never tried it, but I have heard of the salt trick on beetroot, the expanation I heard was that beetroot is a costal plant, naturally.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Shedman

Potatoes

HI everyone who replied, Glad to hear I am not the only one with leggy tops. KevinO, I did put them on manure but it was well rotted,my daughter in law keeps horses and the manure is at least two...
    HI everyone who replied, Glad to hear I am not the only one with leggy tops. KevinO, I did put them on manure but it was well rotted,my daughter in law keeps horses and the manure is at least two years old,lovely stuff it looks good enough to eat if you know what i mean. Well broken down and...
    HI everyone who replied, Glad to hear I am not the only one with leggy tops. KevinO, I did put them on manure but it was well rotted,my daughter in law keeps horses and the manure is at least two years old,lovely stuff it looks good enough to eat...
    HI everyone who replied, Glad to hear I am not the only one with leggy tops. KevinO, I did put them on manure but it was well rotted,my daughter in law keeps horses and the manure is at least two...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice