1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Following recent events, the Admin Team have a message for all members, which we hope will give some explanation and information.

We would be grateful if you could take the time to have a read. Thank you.

Click Here For More Info
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. steven

dd

Thought it was revin' as in "vroom, vroom" rev your Triumph engine? [ April 14, 2005, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Bayleaf ]
    Thought it was revin' as in "vroom, vroom" rev your Triumph engine? [ April 14, 2005, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Bayleaf ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. max

Vegetable Gardening Books

Yes, Dr Hessayon good, + RHS "Growing Vegetables" in their small Encyclopaedia series (not "bulky" & easy to follow). + anything by Pippa Greenwood or Bob Flowerdew or the HDRA if you want to...
    Yes, Dr Hessayon good, + RHS "Growing Vegetables" in their small Encyclopaedia series (not "bulky" & easy to follow). + anything by Pippa Greenwood or Bob Flowerdew or the HDRA if you want to try organic growing (I recommend the HDRA encylcopaedia of Organic gardening - see if you can get it...
    Yes, Dr Hessayon good, + RHS "Growing Vegetables" in their small Encyclopaedia series (not "bulky" & easy to follow). + anything by Pippa Greenwood or Bob Flowerdew or the HDRA if you want to try organic growing (I recommend the HDRA...
    Yes, Dr Hessayon good, + RHS "Growing Vegetables" in their small Encyclopaedia series (not "bulky" & easy to follow). + anything by Pippa Greenwood or Bob Flowerdew or the HDRA if you want to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Ambersparkle

Strawberries

Pics on behalf of 'Ladybird'Nathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. anorakgirl

Muddy Vegetable Patch

Hi, Thanks seems like the best option so have covered it in plastic and am waiting for it to dry out a bitHeh, and yes it seems like it always rains here, I might counting dry days actually just...
    Hi, Thanks seems like the best option so have covered it in plastic and am waiting for it to dry out a bitHeh, and yes it seems like it always rains here, I might counting dry days actually just to see...Thanks for the advice! Tamsin
    Hi, Thanks seems like the best option so have covered it in plastic and am waiting for it to dry out a bitHeh, and yes it seems like it always rains here, I might counting dry days actually just to see...Thanks for the advice! Tamsin
    Hi, Thanks seems like the best option so have covered it in plastic and am waiting for it to dry out a bitHeh, and yes it seems like it always rains here, I might counting dry days actually just...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. max

new veg garden

Just had a thought. You can buy fruit plants in pots at any time but they are much cheaper if you buy them bare rooted in winter. There might still be time to get rasp canes and berries but im...
    Just had a thought. You can buy fruit plants in pots at any time but they are much cheaper if you buy them bare rooted in winter. There might still be time to get rasp canes and berries but im not sure.Southern nurseries sometimes have sales of stock that is too late for their area but is...
    Just had a thought. You can buy fruit plants in pots at any time but they are much cheaper if you buy them bare rooted in winter. There might still be time to get rasp canes and berries but im not sure.Southern nurseries sometimes have...
    Just had a thought. You can buy fruit plants in pots at any time but they are much cheaper if you buy them bare rooted in winter. There might still be time to get rasp canes and berries but im...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. lil-lisa

Pumpkins

Hi lil-LisaPumpkins are indeed very greedy. I follow Bob Flowerdew's advice & pinch out the growing tip when there are 2-3 baby pumpkins per plant (about 5cm diameter), otherwise it's energy...
    Hi lil-LisaPumpkins are indeed very greedy. I follow Bob Flowerdew's advice & pinch out the growing tip when there are 2-3 baby pumpkins per plant (about 5cm diameter), otherwise it's energy just goes into making more & more leaf & stem & they get really, really huge! Also I've found if you...
    Hi lil-LisaPumpkins are indeed very greedy. I follow Bob Flowerdew's advice & pinch out the growing tip when there are 2-3 baby pumpkins per plant (about 5cm diameter), otherwise it's energy just goes into making more & more leaf & stem & they...
    Hi lil-LisaPumpkins are indeed very greedy. I follow Bob Flowerdew's advice & pinch out the growing tip when there are 2-3 baby pumpkins per plant (about 5cm diameter), otherwise it's energy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. colin

CRANBERRY PLANTS

http://www.dorset-blueberry.com/
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. choppy

Moving fruit trees? help

If they are already nicely situated and growing the safest and least stressfull option for the bushes is the 2nd one, one benefit is after scooping the weeds away you can replace the top section...
    If they are already nicely situated and growing the safest and least stressfull option for the bushes is the 2nd one, one benefit is after scooping the weeds away you can replace the top section with some better soil/compost (top dressing)
    If they are already nicely situated and growing the safest and least stressfull option for the bushes is the 2nd one, one benefit is after scooping the weeds away you can replace the top section with some better soil/compost (top dressing)
    If they are already nicely situated and growing the safest and least stressfull option for the bushes is the 2nd one, one benefit is after scooping the weeds away you can replace the top section...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. skrumpy

Asparagus

Thanks for your responses.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. turl

Kale ornamental (Sunrise)

Probably best sown outdoors when the weather allows. Not sure but dont they colour up in the late autumn, like ornamental cabbage. If so your probably a bit early.
    Probably best sown outdoors when the weather allows. Not sure but dont they colour up in the late autumn, like ornamental cabbage. If so your probably a bit early.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. beans

Winter cabbages

Thanks for the reply maybe they were a little early, too much going on last year for me to remember now
    Thanks for the reply maybe they were a little early, too much going on last year for me to remember now
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. rblady

strawberries

No its not a silly question. I reckon they need potting up in 2-3 in pots. But keep them as cool as poss. and as light as poss. Having said that frost free, perhaps 50 deg F min. Those divided...
    No its not a silly question. I reckon they need potting up in 2-3 in pots. But keep them as cool as poss. and as light as poss. Having said that frost free, perhaps 50 deg F min. Those divided trays you can get for bedding plants would be OK. [ March 11, 2005, 07:54 PM: Message edited by:...
    No its not a silly question. I reckon they need potting up in 2-3 in pots. But keep them as cool as poss. and as light as poss. Having said that frost free, perhaps 50 deg F min. Those divided trays you can get for bedding plants would be OK. ...
    No its not a silly question. I reckon they need potting up in 2-3 in pots. But keep them as cool as poss. and as light as poss. Having said that frost free, perhaps 50 deg F min. Those divided...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. colin

CRANBERRY`S

www.dorset-blueberry.com
    www.dorset-blueberry.com
    www.dorset-blueberry.com
    www.dorset-blueberry.com
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Buttercup

potato soil

Hi Buttercup, I've grown potatoes for many years in soil with a neutral pH; just add some good old fashioned well rotted manure and I'm sure you'll get a decent crop.
    Hi Buttercup, I've grown potatoes for many years in soil with a neutral pH; just add some good old fashioned well rotted manure and I'm sure you'll get a decent crop.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Buttercup

New Vegie Patch

Well done Buttercup...if it's Woodash rest assured you never have slugs nibbling at your vegies, lol as long as it's not all just ash,but dig it in deep and mix well with soil, maybe some sand or...
    Well done Buttercup...if it's Woodash rest assured you never have slugs nibbling at your vegies, lol as long as it's not all just ash,but dig it in deep and mix well with soil, maybe some sand or peat /peat substitute would not go amiss,if the soil is too dusty. You should have saved this...
    Well done Buttercup...if it's Woodash rest assured you never have slugs nibbling at your vegies, lol as long as it's not all just ash,but dig it in deep and mix well with soil, maybe some sand or peat /peat substitute would not go amiss,if the...
    Well done Buttercup...if it's Woodash rest assured you never have slugs nibbling at your vegies, lol as long as it's not all just ash,but dig it in deep and mix well with soil, maybe some sand or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. 0250e

TOMATOES

I grew Tomatillos a couple of years ago. Really needed to be grown under cover. Similar to physalis, in fact it is a physalis. Like cape gooseberry but larger and insipid flavour but the yanks and...
    I grew Tomatillos a couple of years ago. Really needed to be grown under cover. Similar to physalis, in fact it is a physalis. Like cape gooseberry but larger and insipid flavour but the yanks and mex like them.They've got some on ebay.
    I grew Tomatillos a couple of years ago. Really needed to be grown under cover. Similar to physalis, in fact it is a physalis. Like cape gooseberry but larger and insipid flavour but the yanks and mex like them.They've got some on ebay.
    I grew Tomatillos a couple of years ago. Really needed to be grown under cover. Similar to physalis, in fact it is a physalis. Like cape gooseberry but larger and insipid flavour but the yanks and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Liz Giz

Raspberries

Thanks. My mother-out-law is due to visit for the weekend; I will wait till Monday and take out my frustration on the raspberries!
    Thanks. My mother-out-law is due to visit for the weekend; I will wait till Monday and take out my frustration on the raspberries!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. spademan19

carrots

Carrot only flies 15inches from the ground(I don't who worked that one out) errect a poly barrier two feet high round the bed. If the soil is clay try growing paramex which are round carrots about...
    Carrot only flies 15inches from the ground(I don't who worked that one out) errect a poly barrier two feet high round the bed. If the soil is clay try growing paramex which are round carrots about two inches across.
    Carrot only flies 15inches from the ground(I don't who worked that one out) errect a poly barrier two feet high round the bed. If the soil is clay try growing paramex which are round carrots about two inches across.
    Carrot only flies 15inches from the ground(I don't who worked that one out) errect a poly barrier two feet high round the bed. If the soil is clay try growing paramex which are round carrots about...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Izzy

courgette virus

Plant virus are usually spread through the contamination of the sap. Usually spread by sap sucking insects but can also be spread by using unclean tools, say when cutting off dead leaves during...
    Plant virus are usually spread through the contamination of the sap. Usually spread by sap sucking insects but can also be spread by using unclean tools, say when cutting off dead leaves during the growing season. Its always best to use fresh compost and clean pots anyway.pete
    Plant virus are usually spread through the contamination of the sap. Usually spread by sap sucking insects but can also be spread by using unclean tools, say when cutting off dead leaves during the growing season. Its always best to use fresh...
    Plant virus are usually spread through the contamination of the sap. Usually spread by sap sucking insects but can also be spread by using unclean tools, say when cutting off dead leaves during...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. alan

Leggy tomato plants

Alan,I sowed 3 Tomato seeds yesterday (sweet million), and am going to sow some more in about 4-6 weeks time, that way I will get a longer cropping period.Tomatoes can be sown in a greenhouse...
    Alan,I sowed 3 Tomato seeds yesterday (sweet million), and am going to sow some more in about 4-6 weeks time, that way I will get a longer cropping period.Tomatoes can be sown in a greenhouse in January, if they are going to stay in the greenhouse, for planting outside, you want to leave...
    Alan,I sowed 3 Tomato seeds yesterday (sweet million), and am going to sow some more in about 4-6 weeks time, that way I will get a longer cropping period.Tomatoes can be sown in a greenhouse in January, if they are going to stay in the...
    Alan,I sowed 3 Tomato seeds yesterday (sweet million), and am going to sow some more in about 4-6 weeks time, that way I will get a longer cropping period.Tomatoes can be sown in a greenhouse...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options