1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. colne

International edible gardening

How they do love their pogies! I gave them their daily throw and it is a scene - every one down to the tiniest chick is off with one to some neutral spot, tearing it to swallowable pieces. My s...
    How they do love their pogies! I gave them their daily throw and it is a scene - every one down to the tiniest chick is off with one to some neutral spot, tearing it to swallowable pieces. My s kinds of brassicas are sprouted - I am starting them in trays and I worry I am too early.
    How they do love their pogies! I gave them their daily throw and it is a scene - every one down to the tiniest chick is off with one to some neutral spot, tearing it to swallowable pieces. My s kinds of brassicas are sprouted - I am starting them...
    How they do love their pogies! I gave them their daily throw and it is a scene - every one down to the tiniest chick is off with one to some neutral spot, tearing it to swallowable pieces. My s...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. JWK

Chillies 2023

Link to new threadChillies 2024
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ARMANDII

THE CHILLIES THREAD 2018

I've done nothing at all with them this year, my whole crop is in the freezer .... Apart from the care packages I have sent out to people.Thanks
    I've done nothing at all with them this year, my whole crop is in the freezer .... Apart from the care packages I have sent out to people.Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Steve R
    Like x 5

Pumpkin Growing Challenge 2012

Heres a little inspiration from the conservatory @ Bellagio in Vegas:-- 1,284 lb-- 995 lb-- (missed the weight)-- all guarded by a mildy scary talking tree, with strangely implausible...
    Heres a little inspiration from the conservatory @ Bellagio in Vegas:-- 1,284 lb-- 995 lb-- (missed the weight)-- all guarded by a mildy scary talking tree, with strangely implausible giant grapes growing on the branches.
    Heres a little inspiration from the conservatory @ Bellagio in Vegas:-- 1,284 lb-- 995 lb-- (missed the weight)-- all guarded by a mildy scary talking tree, with strangely implausible giant grapes growing on the branches.
    Heres a little inspiration from the conservatory @ Bellagio in Vegas:-- 1,284 lb-- 995 lb-- (missed the weight)-- all guarded by a mildy scary talking tree, with strangely implausible...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Vince
    Like x 5

2013 - Biggest tomato Competition

I hope there's interest from others for another competition this (2014) year, but suggest that there's a requirement (as with other online comps) for a pic in progress + one on the scales.
    I hope there's interest from others for another competition this (2014) year, but suggest that there's a requirement (as with other online comps) for a pic in progress + one on the scales.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. JWK
    Like x 3

Chilies 2022

Everyone there is winding down with their Chilies but on boxing day, I will be starting over again. Got my containers for soil blocks all ready for my seeds and they will get their start the same...
    Everyone there is winding down with their Chilies but on boxing day, I will be starting over again. Got my containers for soil blocks all ready for my seeds and they will get their start the same day as the Kelsae's. This year I have an arsenal ready for any invaders so that I can have a great...
    Everyone there is winding down with their Chilies but on boxing day, I will be starting over again. Got my containers for soil blocks all ready for my seeds and they will get their start the same day as the Kelsae's. This year I have an arsenal...
    Everyone there is winding down with their Chilies but on boxing day, I will be starting over again. Got my containers for soil blocks all ready for my seeds and they will get their start the same...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Scrungee

Tatties 2017

@Webmaster Every single previous UK supplier of Kondor seed potatoes have now either removed them from their lists of varieties they hope to have for 2018, or confirmed that they are unable to...
    @Webmaster Every single previous UK supplier of Kondor seed potatoes have now either removed them from their lists of varieties they hope to have for 2018, or confirmed that they are unable to source them.EDIT: The breeder rights expired in 2014, this could mean nobody will put the investment...
    @Webmaster Every single previous UK supplier of Kondor seed potatoes have now either removed them from their lists of varieties they hope to have for 2018, or confirmed that they are unable to source them.EDIT: The breeder rights expired in...
    @Webmaster Every single previous UK supplier of Kondor seed potatoes have now either removed them from their lists of varieties they hope to have for 2018, or confirmed that they are unable to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Freddy
    Like x 5

The 2015 Chilli Thread

Well annoyingly it didnt quite set so its more an orange-chilli-dip this year...
    Well annoyingly it didnt quite set so its more an orange-chilli-dip this year...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JWK
    Like x 7

The Tomato Growing Thread 2019

Ate my last Glacier tomato yesterday and kept a few seed too. Under the grow lights January.
    Ate my last Glacier tomato yesterday and kept a few seed too. Under the grow lights January.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Steve R
    Like x 6

The Pumpkin growing and carving challenge 2015

Very good MisterQ
    Very good MisterQ
    Very good MisterQ
    Very good MisterQ
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. ARMANDII

THE TATTIES THREAD 2018

I only saw the Kennebecs mentioned in the article, unless I missed something too. No surprise in that I guess its one of their more popular varieties, and mine too after growing them this...
    I only saw the Kennebecs mentioned in the article, unless I missed something too. No surprise in that I guess its one of their more popular varieties, and mine too after growing them this year.Steve...:)Second paragraph: "Propagation tests were made with the varieties Kennebec, Netted Gem,...
    I only saw the Kennebecs mentioned in the article, unless I missed something too. No surprise in that I guess its one of their more popular varieties, and mine too after growing them this year.Steve...:)Second paragraph: "Propagation tests...
    I only saw the Kennebecs mentioned in the article, unless I missed something too. No surprise in that I guess its one of their more popular varieties, and mine too after growing them this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Richard360

Tallest sunflower and largest head challenge

Tallest sunflower made it to 12 feet high before the last winds blew the petals off the top bloom.Biggest flower didn't get any bigger than 19.5" as the head started curling, the remains of...
    Tallest sunflower made it to 12 feet high before the last winds blew the petals off the top bloom.Biggest flower didn't get any bigger than 19.5" as the head started curling, the remains of petals around the edge withered and the head has started rotting.Largest 3 heads cut as the seeds are...
    Tallest sunflower made it to 12 feet high before the last winds blew the petals off the top bloom.Biggest flower didn't get any bigger than 19.5" as the head started curling, the remains of petals around the edge withered and the head has...
    Tallest sunflower made it to 12 feet high before the last winds blew the petals off the top bloom.Biggest flower didn't get any bigger than 19.5" as the head started curling, the remains of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ARMANDII

THE 2017 CHILLI THREAD

New Thread HereTHE CHILLIES THREAD 2018
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ARMANDII

THE VEGETABLE GROWING THREAD 2018

No, not the way I did it. I pruned the tops and the roots hard before repotting them into much smaller pots since I didn't have the space for anything larger.This meant that the plants had to...
    No, not the way I did it. I pruned the tops and the roots hard before repotting them into much smaller pots since I didn't have the space for anything larger.This meant that the plants had to regrow the feeder roots before doing anything else so fruit production was adversely...
    No, not the way I did it. I pruned the tops and the roots hard before repotting them into much smaller pots since I didn't have the space for anything larger.This meant that the plants had to regrow the feeder roots before doing anything else...
    No, not the way I did it. I pruned the tops and the roots hard before repotting them into much smaller pots since I didn't have the space for anything larger.This meant that the plants had to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. JWK
    Like x 4

Chillies 2021

2022 Thread here: Chillies 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Phil A
    Like x 5

Giant Onions 2015

Aha, thank you!
    Aha, thank you!
    Aha, thank you!
    Aha, thank you!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Phil A

Tomato Growing Competition 2012

I'll let you all know how the seed saving goes, if I have a surplus you are welcome to them, first come, first served basis.
    I'll let you all know how the seed saving goes, if I have a surplus you are welcome to them, first come, first served basis.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Marley Farley

2015 Growing Season..

what lovely dark soil n Frost.......:wub2: Jenny
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Phil A

Ziggys' West Bay,Dorset Veg Plot

Foots getting better, so got out to try to catch up with the weeding today. things do get away from you at this time of year. Willow earthed up the Tiddies for me. Salads &...
    Foots getting better, so got out to try to catch up with the weeding today. things do get away from you at this time of year. Willow earthed up the Tiddies for me. Salads & Carrots have come on well. I'm sure there were more Strawberries than that when I asked Willow to...
    Foots getting better, so got out to try to catch up with the weeding today. things do get away from you at this time of year. Willow earthed up the Tiddies for me. Salads & Carrots have come on well. I'm sure there were...
    Foots getting better, so got out to try to catch up with the weeding today. things do get away from you at this time of year. Willow earthed up the Tiddies for me. Salads &...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. kyleleonard

Easy to grow chilli plants in England?

I have placed it on the end of my desk , so it gets the warmth and light but is out of the window "cold zone". It now has two chances !
    I have placed it on the end of my desk , so it gets the warmth and light but is out of the window "cold zone". It now has two chances !
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice