1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Arlandria
    Like x 4

Arlandria's Long-Term Garden Renovation Thread

I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot...
    I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot either which I know they do (these days at least). Never know though!Ooh thank you - I'll pop...
    I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot either which I know they do (these days at least)....
    I've bought from David Austin before and I'm pretty sure there's no way I'd have persuaded my husband to spend that on an impulse purchase 8 years ago! Pretty sure it didn't come in a branded pot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Lolimac
    Like x 11

Rose Parterre...

Oh that's sad, my son kept chickens but the fox got them all. There is something lovely seeing chickens roaming free.
    Oh that's sad, my son kept chickens but the fox got them all. There is something lovely seeing chickens roaming free.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Webmaster

What Projects have you done/are you doing ????

:D Flowers are better than nasty flag stones any day..... Very nice... :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. tiggs&oscar

Solar Water Feature

I googled before i made my comment, hozelock seem to be the only ones supplying a "low voltage" pump.no need to worry about the transformer, if you buy a low voltage pump it comes equiped with a...
    I googled before i made my comment, hozelock seem to be the only ones supplying a "low voltage" pump.no need to worry about the transformer, if you buy a low voltage pump it comes equiped with a suitable transfomer, probably sealed anyway.i wouldn't touch one with a barge pole though (just...
    I googled before i made my comment, hozelock seem to be the only ones supplying a "low voltage" pump.no need to worry about the transformer, if you buy a low voltage pump it comes equiped with a suitable transfomer, probably sealed anyway.i...
    I googled before i made my comment, hozelock seem to be the only ones supplying a "low voltage" pump.no need to worry about the transformer, if you buy a low voltage pump it comes equiped with a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. mgn

my garden progress thread

oh and i bought some 'throw and grow' seeds as well, and found some old ones in my cupboard. not sure if they go out of date though?got: potentila, echinops, aquilegia, dianthus, sweet sultan ...
    oh and i bought some 'throw and grow' seeds as well, and found some old ones in my cupboard. not sure if they go out of date though?got: potentila, echinops, aquilegia, dianthus, sweet sultan and sweet peas.
    oh and i bought some 'throw and grow' seeds as well, and found some old ones in my cupboard. not sure if they go out of date though?got: potentila, echinops, aquilegia, dianthus, sweet sultan and sweet peas.
    oh and i bought some 'throw and grow' seeds as well, and found some old ones in my cupboard. not sure if they go out of date though?got: potentila, echinops, aquilegia, dianthus, sweet sultan ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Webmaster

Advice please ...

If the area of lawn that you want to raise is not too big, it would be good to big patch of turf still attached on one side. That way it will re-estbalish much quicker than if you lift it...
    If the area of lawn that you want to raise is not too big, it would be good to big patch of turf still attached on one side. That way it will re-estbalish much quicker than if you lift it completely and relay.Not very practical for big areas of course.
    If the area of lawn that you want to raise is not too big, it would be good to big patch of turf still attached on one side. That way it will re-estbalish much quicker than if you lift it completely and relay.Not very practical for big areas of...
    If the area of lawn that you want to raise is not too big, it would be good to big patch of turf still attached on one side. That way it will re-estbalish much quicker than if you lift it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. John78

Two projects to get my teeth into - and I'm new to this!

It's all looking very smart John. A job well done
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Little Miss Road Rage

Need help with my project

It was new out this year :gnthb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Steve R

Cumbrian Garden Project

Thanks Gorgeous ! :o
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Webmaster
    Like x 13

Our 'Tipsy' plant pots

Here are my 2 versions of the tipsy pots. Thanks again for the brill idea!!!
    garden2011 008.jpg garden2011 009.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. floydie-pink
    Like x 4

My garden project

Just shows what can be done in 7 months doesnt it :D. Its been lots of hard work but now i can walk round and think I did this :D.
    Just shows what can be done in 7 months doesnt it :D. Its been lots of hard work but now i can walk round and think I did this :D.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. thomasscott

clay soil

Totally agree with Ziggy and Spruce - loads of organic material and sharp sand and/or gravel. I put more of an explanation in this thread.
    Totally agree with Ziggy and Spruce - loads of organic material and sharp sand and/or gravel. I put more of an explanation in this thread.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. clueless1

How much to plough a field?

I've done various bits with most of the land, but there is a flat bit that I call the top field (the only bit that you can really get heavy machinery onto, due to the shape of the land). So far,...
    I've done various bits with most of the land, but there is a flat bit that I call the top field (the only bit that you can really get heavy machinery onto, due to the shape of the land). So far, I've done nothing with that bit apart from trying to keep the thistles, nettles, gorse and bracken...
    I've done various bits with most of the land, but there is a flat bit that I call the top field (the only bit that you can really get heavy machinery onto, due to the shape of the land). So far, I've done nothing with that bit apart from trying...
    I've done various bits with most of the land, but there is a flat bit that I call the top field (the only bit that you can really get heavy machinery onto, due to the shape of the land). So far,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. chitting kaz
    Like x 7

my garden so far

Any Chance of Helping me Cuz i am Dangerus :loll: :heehee: :heehee: :loll: YOU Have Done a Lovely Job :cool:
    Any Chance of Helping me Cuz i am Dangerus :loll: :heehee: :heehee: :loll: YOU Have Done a Lovely Job :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jack McHammocklashing

More questions re bringing up inert soil

Sounds a better bet Jack, i'm not a great believer in raised beds, they are a tree to keep watered in a dry summer. While you are digging, bear in mind what I said about trenches for the spuds,...
    Sounds a better bet Jack, i'm not a great believer in raised beds, they are a tree to keep watered in a dry summer. While you are digging, bear in mind what I said about trenches for the spuds, silly to dig the whole lot over and then have to dig out trenches afterwards, dig the trenches then...
    Sounds a better bet Jack, i'm not a great believer in raised beds, they are a tree to keep watered in a dry summer. While you are digging, bear in mind what I said about trenches for the spuds, silly to dig the whole lot over and then have to...
    Sounds a better bet Jack, i'm not a great believer in raised beds, they are a tree to keep watered in a dry summer. While you are digging, bear in mind what I said about trenches for the spuds,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ccmiller

latest update to garden renovation.

will definitely grab photos before i start again tomorrow, it's too dark now to get any decent ones.
    will definitely grab photos before i start again tomorrow, it's too dark now to get any decent ones.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. moonraker

PLan Plan & then plan again

Evening all, First i'd like to say thanks for all the people who took the trouble to read what ive had to say ref the new to gardening people. Again this next bit is aimed at trying to help...
    Evening all, First i'd like to say thanks for all the people who took the trouble to read what ive had to say ref the new to gardening people. Again this next bit is aimed at trying to help those "new to the allotment or indeed the garden. To be able to plan or look ahead is always a good...
    Evening all, First i'd like to say thanks for all the people who took the trouble to read what ive had to say ref the new to gardening people. Again this next bit is aimed at trying to help those "new to the allotment or indeed the garden. ...
    Evening all, First i'd like to say thanks for all the people who took the trouble to read what ive had to say ref the new to gardening people. Again this next bit is aimed at trying to help...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. ccmiller

latest pics are up

yep... thats the ones :-)
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. richard6298

What ladders for cutting high hedges?

Most folk think of when you say stilts, but believe it or not, you can get "extension legs" commonly called stilts such as They really are like extension legs, complete with ankle joint (That's...
    Most folk think of when you say stilts, but believe it or not, you can get "extension legs" commonly called stilts such as They really are like extension legs, complete with ankle joint (That's part of the reason they work) Plasterers use them as they can still walk around, and reach the...
    Most folk think of when you say stilts, but believe it or not, you can get "extension legs" commonly called stilts such as They really are like extension legs, complete with ankle joint (That's part of the reason they work) Plasterers use them...
    Most folk think of when you say stilts, but believe it or not, you can get "extension legs" commonly called stilts such as They really are like extension legs, complete with ankle joint (That's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. chitting kaz

out side lighting

i have spent ages looking ... :rolleyespink::rolleyespink: thanks lolimac:love30: may be another year of carring around my stake and lantern :loll:
    i have spent ages looking ... :rolleyespink::rolleyespink: thanks lolimac:love30: may be another year of carring around my stake and lantern :loll:
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. snapshot26

Need to block out the neighbours - hedge?

If you want a dense screen that is 6' - 8' tall, or more, then it would be best to just plant one thing and treat it as a hedge. Consider the width that the hedge will need to be for the plants to...
    If you want a dense screen that is 6' - 8' tall, or more, then it would be best to just plant one thing and treat it as a hedge. Consider the width that the hedge will need to be for the plants to "function", how dense you need it to be, and how quickly it will grow. Starting from 5' plants...
    If you want a dense screen that is 6' - 8' tall, or more, then it would be best to just plant one thing and treat it as a hedge. Consider the width that the hedge will need to be for the plants to "function", how dense you need it to be, and how...
    If you want a dense screen that is 6' - 8' tall, or more, then it would be best to just plant one thing and treat it as a hedge. Consider the width that the hedge will need to be for the plants to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. mattrolls

Cheap Bark chippings

I know this is a little late for this thread but my father just bought some cheap bark from these guys for his garden. It was delivered free too. Hallstone Cheap Bark Mulch
    I know this is a little late for this thread but my father just bought some cheap bark from these guys for his garden. It was delivered free too. Hallstone Cheap Bark Mulch
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice