1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Ben James

Small front yard area - design/advice

Thank you all! I realise now that the picture is quiet dark, but I assure you it's actually quite light in that corner for the Rose - fingers crossed it grows a bit!It's not as fantastically...
    Thank you all! I realise now that the picture is quiet dark, but I assure you it's actually quite light in that corner for the Rose - fingers crossed it grows a bit!It's not as fantastically green as I'd like as we're a little concerned about the potential for things in pots to go missing...
    Thank you all! I realise now that the picture is quiet dark, but I assure you it's actually quite light in that corner for the Rose - fingers crossed it grows a bit!It's not as fantastically green as I'd like as we're a little concerned about...
    Thank you all! I realise now that the picture is quiet dark, but I assure you it's actually quite light in that corner for the Rose - fingers crossed it grows a bit!It's not as fantastically...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Kevin Hart

What to do with this patio area

Like others have said, I'd go for groups of containers.I don't know if they are available in the UK, but here we do get some lovely large half-barrels, that are used to mature young red wine in...
    Like others have said, I'd go for groups of containers.I don't know if they are available in the UK, but here we do get some lovely large half-barrels, that are used to mature young red wine in (can only be used once, and then disposed of, so relatively cheap for their size). The advantage of...
    Like others have said, I'd go for groups of containers.I don't know if they are available in the UK, but here we do get some lovely large half-barrels, that are used to mature young red wine in (can only be used once, and then disposed of, so...
    Like others have said, I'd go for groups of containers.I don't know if they are available in the UK, but here we do get some lovely large half-barrels, that are used to mature young red wine in...
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Michael Hewett
    Like x 7

A Transformation.

That's lovely Michael! What a good idea! :yay:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. nikirushka

Silver birch pergola

Hi i made this today, its not finished yet, the wood is from Wickes, it was bought untreated, just short of £20 for ten lengths, treat it with linseed oil as i have done and it will last for many...
    Hi i made this today, its not finished yet, the wood is from Wickes, it was bought untreated, just short of £20 for ten lengths, treat it with linseed oil as i have done and it will last for many years.
    Hi i made this today, its not finished yet, the wood is from Wickes, it was bought untreated, just short of £20 for ten lengths, treat it with linseed oil as i have done and it will last for many years.
    Hi i made this today, its not finished yet, the wood is from Wickes, it was bought untreated, just short of £20 for ten lengths, treat it with linseed oil as i have done and it will last for many...
    20160515_164656.jpg IMG_0958.JPG IMG_0959.JPG IMG_0960.JPG IMG_0963.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Sandy Ground
    Like x 6

A slightly different garden project...

Thats part of what makes gardening interesting...one never knows what will happen.
    Thats part of what makes gardening interesting...one never knows what will happen.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Cacadores
    Like x 4

Raised Strawberry Bed.

Looking good! Im hoping to do something very similar myself soon!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Biffl58

Raising the height of fence

Nice work well done, look forward to your update.I think you can do what you want with bamboo Harry, so if someone complains about your 8ft conifers replace them with 30ft bamboo :blue thumb:.
    Nice work well done, look forward to your update.I think you can do what you want with bamboo Harry, so if someone complains about your 8ft conifers replace them with 30ft bamboo :blue thumb:.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Cacadores
    Like x 8

Racetrack

Looks great ! Even if the Dinosaur lane discipline needs improvement :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Jonathan Hind

Back Garden Re-vamp

Had a couple of fairly bright days so got back to my garden project. I've moved and partially filled a raised bed I made last year. I made another L shaped one also and I'm planning on making...
    Had a couple of fairly bright days so got back to my garden project. I've moved and partially filled a raised bed I made last year. I made another L shaped one also and I'm planning on making another 2 but another board higher and slightly wider. Before you ask both of the beers are mine ! Had...
    Had a couple of fairly bright days so got back to my garden project. I've moved and partially filled a raised bed I made last year. I made another L shaped one also and I'm planning on making another 2 but another board higher and slightly...
    Had a couple of fairly bright days so got back to my garden project. I've moved and partially filled a raised bed I made last year. I made another L shaped one also and I'm planning on making...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Adam2707
    Like x 5

My new build garden for newbie gardener

Very nice. Slate? Darker flowers with just a few highlights would keep with the contemporary theme.
    Very nice. Slate? Darker flowers with just a few highlights would keep with the contemporary theme.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sandra-Tingle

Decorating the Garden

:scratch: I haven't got him! :dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Gabriel Syme

New paved patio - advice please

If there is particular type of paving you like? If there is then find which one you like and then you can mention the type of paving you want to trades people before they come over so at least the...
    If there is particular type of paving you like? If there is then find which one you like and then you can mention the type of paving you want to trades people before they come over so at least the have an idea of what you want.P.S Congratulations on the baby:-)
    If there is particular type of paving you like? If there is then find which one you like and then you can mention the type of paving you want to trades people before they come over so at least the have an idea of what you want.P.S...
    If there is particular type of paving you like? If there is then find which one you like and then you can mention the type of paving you want to trades people before they come over so at least the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Sian in Belgium

Starting to think about the development of the top border...

A mechanical digger for the Hazels perhaps? :)Hmmm, Hydrangeas like coastal locations (sandy soil). Perhaps it's worth planting one just to see how it performs. I'm not so sure about Rhododendrons...
    A mechanical digger for the Hazels perhaps? :)Hmmm, Hydrangeas like coastal locations (sandy soil). Perhaps it's worth planting one just to see how it performs. I'm not so sure about Rhododendrons I think they would probably struggle.I hope your dog is feeling better.
    A mechanical digger for the Hazels perhaps? :)Hmmm, Hydrangeas like coastal locations (sandy soil). Perhaps it's worth planting one just to see how it performs. I'm not so sure about Rhododendrons I think they would probably struggle.I hope...
    A mechanical digger for the Hazels perhaps? :)Hmmm, Hydrangeas like coastal locations (sandy soil). Perhaps it's worth planting one just to see how it performs. I'm not so sure about Rhododendrons...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. CreakyJoints
    Friendly x 4

Spring Project - Memorial Garden

Thank you @Everhopeful :ThankYou:I have managed to ID the little tree between my eucalyptus and crocosmia ! Earlier in the week I noticed a few yellow flowers beginning to open, so I hunted through my RHS...
    Thank you @Everhopeful :ThankYou:I have managed to ID the little tree between my eucalyptus and crocosmia ! Earlier in the week I noticed a few yellow flowers beginning to open, so I hunted through my RHS plant books to see if I could find it. It's a Forsythia and looks like the bare root plant on the...
    Thank you @Everhopeful :ThankYou:I have managed to ID the little tree between my eucalyptus and crocosmia ! Earlier in the week I noticed a few yellow flowers beginning to open, so I hunted through my RHS plant books to see if I could find it. It's a...
    Thank you @Everhopeful :ThankYou:I have managed to ID the little tree between my eucalyptus and crocosmia ! Earlier in the week I noticed a few yellow flowers beginning to open, so I hunted through my RHS...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Sandy Ground
    Like x 18

With nothing to do in the garden....

Great job! You've inspired me. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Nick_MSM

Blank canvas...mother-in-law's new garden!

Not really the colours she was after but visually they may work for her in that setting. I was really looking for the ease of maintenance - all the plants I listed are herbaceous so will just need...
    Not really the colours she was after but visually they may work for her in that setting. I was really looking for the ease of maintenance - all the plants I listed are herbaceous so will just need a tidy up at the end of the season. Carefully selected Lilies will help fill the space and will...
    Not really the colours she was after but visually they may work for her in that setting. I was really looking for the ease of maintenance - all the plants I listed are herbaceous so will just need a tidy up at the end of the season. Carefully...
    Not really the colours she was after but visually they may work for her in that setting. I was really looking for the ease of maintenance - all the plants I listed are herbaceous so will just need...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jonathan Bowman

Small river

Don't forget to keep us updated with your progress Jonathan :thumbsup: It's a lovely project and I'd like to see how it evolves
    Don't forget to keep us updated with your progress Jonathan :thumbsup: It's a lovely project and I'd like to see how it evolves
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Gadget88

Gardening advice regarding bush and fence posts

I have cleaned the slabs using a small wire brush however they look all scraped and it's not removed all the marks but some.Is there any way to restore them or buy another cleaner what else...
    I have cleaned the slabs using a small wire brush however they look all scraped and it's not removed all the marks but some.Is there any way to restore them or buy another cleaner what else could I use?
    I have cleaned the slabs using a small wire brush however they look all scraped and it's not removed all the marks but some.Is there any way to restore them or buy another cleaner what else could I use?
    I have cleaned the slabs using a small wire brush however they look all scraped and it's not removed all the marks but some.Is there any way to restore them or buy another cleaner what else...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. cairojones

Trying to renovate garden - need some advice

Strip it bin it start again. weedkiller,new weed membrane and stone covering on top.Sometimes lifes too short to go into battle with weeds,better just killing the lot and starting fresh.
    Strip it bin it start again. weedkiller,new weed membrane and stone covering on top.Sometimes lifes too short to go into battle with weeds,better just killing the lot and starting fresh.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Galaxy

Raised decking as a shed base?

Brilliant, thanks for the response. The decking as it has been laid does retain water, as somebody has laid the slats too near to each other. That's why I was going to drill some holes in the...
    Brilliant, thanks for the response. The decking as it has been laid does retain water, as somebody has laid the slats too near to each other. That's why I was going to drill some holes in the decking to make sure it drains properly. Good call on the netting hadn't thought of that...
    Brilliant, thanks for the response. The decking as it has been laid does retain water, as somebody has laid the slats too near to each other. That's why I was going to drill some holes in the decking to make sure it drains properly. Good call...
    Brilliant, thanks for the response. The decking as it has been laid does retain water, as somebody has laid the slats too near to each other. That's why I was going to drill some holes in the...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice