1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Simon Everett

Mannequin as garden ornament

Don't be silly, he borrowed it from me.:doh::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. clum111

Will I need planning permission?

I will have to put in for planning permission, ad dad spoke to the planners, although I won't have to pay as its a way of access for me. They did say however, if the deck was lower than the...
    I will have to put in for planning permission, ad dad spoke to the planners, although I won't have to pay as its a way of access for me. They did say however, if the deck was lower than the raised beds, then no planning permission is required, but didn't say by how much though. Anyway, we'll...
    I will have to put in for planning permission, ad dad spoke to the planners, although I won't have to pay as its a way of access for me. They did say however, if the deck was lower than the raised beds, then no planning permission is required,...
    I will have to put in for planning permission, ad dad spoke to the planners, although I won't have to pay as its a way of access for me. They did say however, if the deck was lower than the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Darkest minnow
    Like x 5

My garden project

Thank you, M!It's nice to remind myself of the plants that will start to spring up soon. Plans for the garden this year include a trellis untop of the wall to add more privacy from the side...
    Thank you, M!It's nice to remind myself of the plants that will start to spring up soon. Plans for the garden this year include a trellis untop of the wall to add more privacy from the side (we're in such an overlooked bit!), I need to build a step up to the gate because we dug down quite a...
    Thank you, M!It's nice to remind myself of the plants that will start to spring up soon. Plans for the garden this year include a trellis untop of the wall to add more privacy from the side (we're in such an overlooked bit!), I need to build a...
    Thank you, M!It's nice to remind myself of the plants that will start to spring up soon. Plans for the garden this year include a trellis untop of the wall to add more privacy from the side...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl
    Like x 4

Woos new shed (Apex v Pent)

Good morning @Jack McHammocklashing I will get Mrs Woo on it straight away,Oh! its a little early now (5.45am) I will get her up have a lay in and will get her up at 6am:lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Good morning @Jack McHammocklashing I will get Mrs Woo on it straight away,Oh! its a little early now (5.45am) I will get her up have a lay in and will get her up at 6am:lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. nikirushka

Fencing flush to a concrete garage

Thanks for the tip. Temporarily I'm going to put a couple of wooden posts in to hold a panel up, but I'll bear that in mind when I get a permanent structure in.As it turned out, I misjudged the...
    Thanks for the tip. Temporarily I'm going to put a couple of wooden posts in to hold a panel up, but I'll bear that in mind when I get a permanent structure in.As it turned out, I misjudged the size of the gap - it's bigger than I thought - and, once the new bit of fence went up, the...
    Thanks for the tip. Temporarily I'm going to put a couple of wooden posts in to hold a panel up, but I'll bear that in mind when I get a permanent structure in.As it turned out, I misjudged the size of the gap - it's bigger than I thought -...
    Thanks for the tip. Temporarily I'm going to put a couple of wooden posts in to hold a panel up, but I'll bear that in mind when I get a permanent structure in.As it turned out, I misjudged the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Apple Blossom
    Like x 5

Apple Blossoms new project

The weather has been so wet that I've only just managed to get out and do some gardening :hapydancsmil:even completed my first grass cut :)My new plot is showing all things coming up :hapfeet:so glad that I made a map...
    The weather has been so wet that I've only just managed to get out and do some gardening :hapydancsmil:even completed my first grass cut :)My new plot is showing all things coming up :hapfeet:so glad that I made a map as all the pegs I put into the ground to identify have blown away or been washed out during the...
    The weather has been so wet that I've only just managed to get out and do some gardening :hapydancsmil:even completed my first grass cut :)My new plot is showing all things coming up :hapfeet:so glad that I made a map as all the pegs I put into the ground to identify...
    The weather has been so wet that I've only just managed to get out and do some gardening :hapydancsmil:even completed my first grass cut :)My new plot is showing all things coming up :hapfeet:so glad that I made a map...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. miraflores

solar panels

I have solar panels. They're doing a great job :blue thumb: We're averaging 3,900 kWh per year. :SUNsmile:Is that what you wanted to know? :)
    I have solar panels. They're doing a great job :blue thumb: We're averaging 3,900 kWh per year. :SUNsmile:Is that what you wanted to know? :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Rustler
    Like x 8

Good idea? Bad idea?

Excellent job :blue thumb:I realise that you've made it to protect plants from the elements but you need to be careful not to forget to close it up when it's frosty. If any plants that are on the slightly...
    Excellent job :blue thumb:I realise that you've made it to protect plants from the elements but you need to be careful not to forget to close it up when it's frosty. If any plants that are on the slightly tender side get frost on them the worst thing for them is early morning sun. Frost on plants is OK,...
    Excellent job :blue thumb:I realise that you've made it to protect plants from the elements but you need to be careful not to forget to close it up when it's frosty. If any plants that are on the slightly tender side get frost on them the worst thing for...
    Excellent job :blue thumb:I realise that you've made it to protect plants from the elements but you need to be careful not to forget to close it up when it's frosty. If any plants that are on the slightly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Tingting44
    Like x 3

Lets see your shed's! :)

Thank you :-) im not growing anything from seed this year in hope to get the garden sorted instead and then the sheds so they may get done this year or next year. Fingers crossed
    Thank you :-) im not growing anything from seed this year in hope to get the garden sorted instead and then the sheds so they may get done this year or next year. Fingers crossed
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. bigbore

Boring patch

If the Tricyrtis is at the back it needs to be T.formosana (which is the most common species anyway). The last of the Tricyrtis photos that I posted is "Taiwan Adbane" (also fairly common) which...
    If the Tricyrtis is at the back it needs to be T.formosana (which is the most common species anyway). The last of the Tricyrtis photos that I posted is "Taiwan Adbane" (also fairly common) which is only 30/40cm tall. Be careful with the Hosta positioning as the different species/cultivars vary...
    If the Tricyrtis is at the back it needs to be T.formosana (which is the most common species anyway). The last of the Tricyrtis photos that I posted is "Taiwan Adbane" (also fairly common) which is only 30/40cm tall. Be careful with the Hosta...
    If the Tricyrtis is at the back it needs to be T.formosana (which is the most common species anyway). The last of the Tricyrtis photos that I posted is "Taiwan Adbane" (also fairly common) which...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. HaSolar

Veggie patch, thoughts?

If the local practice of dealing with surface water runoff is letting it flow through those neighbours' gardens downhill of you and then onto a public highway, both of those practices would be...
    If the local practice of dealing with surface water runoff is letting it flow through those neighbours' gardens downhill of you and then onto a public highway, both of those practices would be unlawful in the UK.Therefore any advice you get from this mainly UK forum may not be relevant/correct.
    If the local practice of dealing with surface water runoff is letting it flow through those neighbours' gardens downhill of you and then onto a public highway, both of those practices would be unlawful in the UK.Therefore any advice you get...
    If the local practice of dealing with surface water runoff is letting it flow through those neighbours' gardens downhill of you and then onto a public highway, both of those practices would be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Rustler
    Like x 10

Another cheap solution.

Time will tell. Hoping it should be ok.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Rustler

Solar powered garden lights.

Beckie, I really want hens. But as we are in an enclosed space and a very small garden, the missus won't allow them. It's just frustrating to have your carefully positioned lights go off at...
    Beckie, I really want hens. But as we are in an enclosed space and a very small garden, the missus won't allow them. It's just frustrating to have your carefully positioned lights go off at different times because some have got more light than the others. Same problem with solar water features....
    Beckie, I really want hens. But as we are in an enclosed space and a very small garden, the missus won't allow them. It's just frustrating to have your carefully positioned lights go off at different times because some have got more light than...
    Beckie, I really want hens. But as we are in an enclosed space and a very small garden, the missus won't allow them. It's just frustrating to have your carefully positioned lights go off at...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. tangham

How to utilize crazy paving.

Make Alpine Crevice Beds. They're perfect for the job. Look up the Alpine Gardening section on this forum for ideas of what to plant. I've seen pictures of enormous crevice beds (one's recently...
    Make Alpine Crevice Beds. They're perfect for the job. Look up the Alpine Gardening section on this forum for ideas of what to plant. I've seen pictures of enormous crevice beds (one's recently gone in in Edinburgh) and they look fantastic..
    Make Alpine Crevice Beds. They're perfect for the job. Look up the Alpine Gardening section on this forum for ideas of what to plant. I've seen pictures of enormous crevice beds (one's recently gone in in Edinburgh) and they look fantastic..
    Make Alpine Crevice Beds. They're perfect for the job. Look up the Alpine Gardening section on this forum for ideas of what to plant. I've seen pictures of enormous crevice beds (one's recently...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. bigbore

Which gravel / stones

I have golden gravel which looks like Pebo's rheingold gravel. I like it because it brightens the garden up on cold dull days. I chose 20mm gravel because cats are less likely to use it as a...
    I have golden gravel which looks like Pebo's rheingold gravel. I like it because it brightens the garden up on cold dull days. I chose 20mm gravel because cats are less likely to use it as a toilet as its harder for them to dig in. (I like cats. Had one of my own for 19 years :blue thumb: ).
    I have golden gravel which looks like Pebo's rheingold gravel. I like it because it brightens the garden up on cold dull days. I chose 20mm gravel because cats are less likely to use it as a toilet as its harder for them to dig in. (I like cats....
    I have golden gravel which looks like Pebo's rheingold gravel. I like it because it brightens the garden up on cold dull days. I chose 20mm gravel because cats are less likely to use it as a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. nikirushka

Breaking down pallets

If breaking apart a large number of pallets or if timber prices (plus delivery charges) prove to be exorbitantly expensive or if you just like recycling stuff then why not consider buying (or...
    If breaking apart a large number of pallets or if timber prices (plus delivery charges) prove to be exorbitantly expensive or if you just like recycling stuff then why not consider buying (or making) a pallet breaker tool.To build a large pallet wood planter, you will need just the...
    If breaking apart a large number of pallets or if timber prices (plus delivery charges) prove to be exorbitantly expensive or if you just like recycling stuff then why not consider buying (or making) a pallet breaker tool.To build a large...
    If breaking apart a large number of pallets or if timber prices (plus delivery charges) prove to be exorbitantly expensive or if you just like recycling stuff then why not consider buying (or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Rustler
    Like x 8

Is it a fence?

Hey Lori! I don't go that far and only take what I can use. He he. Ours is twice a week with an agreement to leave items in a set area. We have a few trucks come round trying to beat the local...
    Hey Lori! I don't go that far and only take what I can use. He he. Ours is twice a week with an agreement to leave items in a set area. We have a few trucks come round trying to beat the local council to the metal and saleable items. It's funny to see them selecting what is salvageable.
    Hey Lori! I don't go that far and only take what I can use. He he. Ours is twice a week with an agreement to leave items in a set area. We have a few trucks come round trying to beat the local council to the metal and saleable items. It's funny...
    Hey Lori! I don't go that far and only take what I can use. He he. Ours is twice a week with an agreement to leave items in a set area. We have a few trucks come round trying to beat the local...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Rustler
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. wishiwasskinny

Soil and Wooden Structures

Build one from decking? Or use some scrap wood to make a step shape and fill it with concrete, for a solid concrete step. Then remove the wood after. There's plenty of guides online, that's my...
    Build one from decking? Or use some scrap wood to make a step shape and fill it with concrete, for a solid concrete step. Then remove the wood after. There's plenty of guides online, that's my next job in the garden, I'm putting it off though as it looks pretty Labour intensive... A lot easier...
    Build one from decking? Or use some scrap wood to make a step shape and fill it with concrete, for a solid concrete step. Then remove the wood after. There's plenty of guides online, that's my next job in the garden, I'm putting it off though as...
    Build one from decking? Or use some scrap wood to make a step shape and fill it with concrete, for a solid concrete step. Then remove the wood after. There's plenty of guides online, that's my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. bigbore

Tin man water feature project

:dancy:So funny
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice