Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. saab9002

Warning, shed roof felt.

I was told that the tubular things in the trees were for detecting dormice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. GpeeWs

Advise to level garden

Wouldn't it be easier to build raised gardens along the fence line and then dig out some of the higher area and deposit in the raised beds? You could have just one long step along the patio to...
    Wouldn't it be easier to build raised gardens along the fence line and then dig out some of the higher area and deposit in the raised beds? You could have just one long step along the patio to step down to the new grade?
    Wouldn't it be easier to build raised gardens along the fence line and then dig out some of the higher area and deposit in the raised beds? You could have just one long step along the patio to step down to the new grade?
    Wouldn't it be easier to build raised gardens along the fence line and then dig out some of the higher area and deposit in the raised beds? You could have just one long step along the patio to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Black Dog
    Like x 5

Trampoline and Garden Peek

Thanks for the idea, but I think I'll pass when it comes to ponds. We have a large drainage ditch and a water reservoir 20 meters away, and our demand for mosquitoes is already met a few times...
    Thanks for the idea, but I think I'll pass when it comes to ponds. We have a large drainage ditch and a water reservoir 20 meters away, and our demand for mosquitoes is already met a few times over.Additionally half of our porch once was a giant pond before the previous owner realised the same...
    Thanks for the idea, but I think I'll pass when it comes to ponds. We have a large drainage ditch and a water reservoir 20 meters away, and our demand for mosquitoes is already met a few times over.Additionally half of our porch once was a...
    Thanks for the idea, but I think I'll pass when it comes to ponds. We have a large drainage ditch and a water reservoir 20 meters away, and our demand for mosquitoes is already met a few times...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Ali54701

Garden refurb idea

Hello Ali, welcome to GC. You've got the potential there to make a nice little garden! Definitely go with weed-suppressing membrane. It comes in brown as well as green, which makes it useful...
    Hello Ali, welcome to GC. You've got the potential there to make a nice little garden! Definitely go with weed-suppressing membrane. It comes in brown as well as green, which makes it useful for covering a cleared, dug area which you then plant with easy maintenance shrubs. As long as the...
    Hello Ali, welcome to GC. You've got the potential there to make a nice little garden! Definitely go with weed-suppressing membrane. It comes in brown as well as green, which makes it useful for covering a cleared, dug area which you then...
    Hello Ali, welcome to GC. You've got the potential there to make a nice little garden! Definitely go with weed-suppressing membrane. It comes in brown as well as green, which makes it useful...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ChrisIB

Advice needed on problem garden

A wonderful problem garden to have, so much more interesting than a flat square of grass. :)Do you have a must-have and nice-to-have lists? It's essential that any must-haves have a place (BBQ,...
    A wonderful problem garden to have, so much more interesting than a flat square of grass. :)Do you have a must-have and nice-to-have lists? It's essential that any must-haves have a place (BBQ, trampoline, bins, veg patch, football area...).Do you have a style in mind? The gravel patio would...
    A wonderful problem garden to have, so much more interesting than a flat square of grass. :)Do you have a must-have and nice-to-have lists? It's essential that any must-haves have a place (BBQ, trampoline, bins, veg patch, football area...).Do...
    A wonderful problem garden to have, so much more interesting than a flat square of grass. :)Do you have a must-have and nice-to-have lists? It's essential that any must-haves have a place (BBQ,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Jack Sparrow

New Shed

After all the hassle you went through @Fat Controller, it's good to hear it's been worthwhile. :)
    After all the hassle you went through @Fat Controller, it's good to hear it's been worthwhile. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. BigC
    Like x 9

Zen on a Budget

UPDATE The Magic of Moss! Although confined, it is serving the intended purpose of disguising the end of my bonsai bench which wasn't very awe-inspiring from the kitchen window. It's progressing...
    UPDATE The Magic of Moss! Although confined, it is serving the intended purpose of disguising the end of my bonsai bench which wasn't very awe-inspiring from the kitchen window. It's progressing nicely, with a few Japanese-oriented plants still to go in and a few positional aspects still to...
    UPDATE The Magic of Moss! Although confined, it is serving the intended purpose of disguising the end of my bonsai bench which wasn't very awe-inspiring from the kitchen window. It's progressing nicely, with a few Japanese-oriented plants still...
    UPDATE The Magic of Moss! Although confined, it is serving the intended purpose of disguising the end of my bonsai bench which wasn't very awe-inspiring from the kitchen window. It's progressing...
    zen1.jpg Zen3.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Jack Sparrow

Dog cage for car

Perhaps Blackboard Paint, Wilko sell small tins.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Jack Sparrow

Solar Powered Light Deflector

A poundland tin pie shell pan might work. They are much tougher than they look?
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sheal
    Like x 14

One year on....and beyond

Thank you Michael, Victoria and Lori for your kind words. :)Michael, it's only when I post that the thread comes back to the surface. :th scifD36:I don't know where it's gone Victoria, but if I'm honest...
    Thank you Michael, Victoria and Lori for your kind words. :)Michael, it's only when I post that the thread comes back to the surface. :th scifD36:I don't know where it's gone Victoria, but if I'm honest I'll be glad to see the back of the last eighteen months. It's been a difficult time for both...
    Thank you Michael, Victoria and Lori for your kind words. :)Michael, it's only when I post that the thread comes back to the surface. :th scifD36:I don't know where it's gone Victoria, but if I'm honest I'll be glad to see the back of the last eighteen...
    Thank you Michael, Victoria and Lori for your kind words. :)Michael, it's only when I post that the thread comes back to the surface. :th scifD36:I don't know where it's gone Victoria, but if I'm honest...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. welshone

Climate Warming - Lack of Rain/Water

Unless you are frantic about your lawn, I would encourage you to grow better turf, let it become more resilient, allow the grass to more fully express itself (leave it longer) and feed it with...
    Unless you are frantic about your lawn, I would encourage you to grow better turf, let it become more resilient, allow the grass to more fully express itself (leave it longer) and feed it with humus as compost dressing. Avoid compacting it when wet,maybe tolerate broadleaf such as clover. Mowing...
    Unless you are frantic about your lawn, I would encourage you to grow better turf, let it become more resilient, allow the grass to more fully express itself (leave it longer) and feed it with humus as compost dressing. Avoid compacting it when...
    Unless you are frantic about your lawn, I would encourage you to grow better turf, let it become more resilient, allow the grass to more fully express itself (leave it longer) and feed it with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. stumorphmac

Rotary clothes line

We live where the soil is wet sits on top of clay
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Logan

Flock Finger lakes videos

Meadow home renovation update
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Temmy

New Garden Project

Today was the start of something I've been looking forward to for a while; garden electrics!The desire is to have lots of nice ambient lighting in the final garden, but to get that requires a...
    Today was the start of something I've been looking forward to for a while; garden electrics!The desire is to have lots of nice ambient lighting in the final garden, but to get that requires a bit of early work to make sure things like power is available (you certainly don't want to be ripping...
    Today was the start of something I've been looking forward to for a while; garden electrics!The desire is to have lots of nice ambient lighting in the final garden, but to get that requires a bit of early work to make sure things like power is...
    Today was the start of something I've been looking forward to for a while; garden electrics!The desire is to have lots of nice ambient lighting in the final garden, but to get that requires a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. groundbeetle

How do you clean astroturf?

As @NigelJ said, since you can lift them, do what I do. I have outdoor rugs and just clip them to the fence and hose down. The water runs off onto the vegetation beneath.I assume from what I've...
    As @NigelJ said, since you can lift them, do what I do. I have outdoor rugs and just clip them to the fence and hose down. The water runs off onto the vegetation beneath.I assume from what I've read that you can lift yours too. I have lifted, hosed down, allowed to dry and rolled up mine to...
    As @NigelJ said, since you can lift them, do what I do. I have outdoor rugs and just clip them to the fence and hose down. The water runs off onto the vegetation beneath.I assume from what I've read that you can lift yours too. I have lifted,...
    As @NigelJ said, since you can lift them, do what I do. I have outdoor rugs and just clip them to the fence and hose down. The water runs off onto the vegetation beneath.I assume from what I've...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jack Sparrow
    Like x 3

DIY archway with gate

It may be wrong to lead you towards my inclinations but I would venture into my local 'Recycling' depot (Tip) and ask whether they might be able to furnish the item required. Rarely have they...
    It may be wrong to lead you towards my inclinations but I would venture into my local 'Recycling' depot (Tip) and ask whether they might be able to furnish the item required. Rarely have they failed me. It would likely need stripping and repainting with Hammerite smooth, two coats,; a worthwhile...
    It may be wrong to lead you towards my inclinations but I would venture into my local 'Recycling' depot (Tip) and ask whether they might be able to furnish the item required. Rarely have they failed me. It would likely need stripping and...
    It may be wrong to lead you towards my inclinations but I would venture into my local 'Recycling' depot (Tip) and ask whether they might be able to furnish the item required. Rarely have they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Chris20
    Like x 8

A back street garden

That will depend on where your neighbours had been buying compost from. The likes of supermarkets and discount store will have already emptied the shelves of garden goodies to be replaced by...
    That will depend on where your neighbours had been buying compost from. The likes of supermarkets and discount store will have already emptied the shelves of garden goodies to be replaced by Christmas goodies. They only tend to stock garden goodies from the Easter Bank holiday, maybe a week or...
    That will depend on where your neighbours had been buying compost from. The likes of supermarkets and discount store will have already emptied the shelves of garden goodies to be replaced by Christmas goodies. They only tend to stock garden...
    That will depend on where your neighbours had been buying compost from. The likes of supermarkets and discount store will have already emptied the shelves of garden goodies to be replaced by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Selleri
    Like x 7

Bug hotels- I show you mine, you show me yours :D

@Sheps and @Nikolaos , nice looking hotels you have! :)I'm rather sceptical with these modern fashionable thingies but in essence, a glorified tatty corner can actually look nice and seen the very...
    @Sheps and @Nikolaos , nice looking hotels you have! :)I'm rather sceptical with these modern fashionable thingies but in essence, a glorified tatty corner can actually look nice and seen the very obvious decline of insects around here it's probably a good thing to try. And it was fun to put it...
    @Sheps and @Nikolaos , nice looking hotels you have! :)I'm rather sceptical with these modern fashionable thingies but in essence, a glorified tatty corner can actually look nice and seen the very obvious decline of insects around here it's...
    @Sheps and @Nikolaos , nice looking hotels you have! :)I'm rather sceptical with these modern fashionable thingies but in essence, a glorified tatty corner can actually look nice and seen the very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sian in Belgium
    Like x 3

new garden - deciding how to start!

I didn’t plant the chokeberry trees - I didn’t even know what they are until @Silver surfer identified them for me. They seem to pop up in the neighbourhood. So someone, a while ago, in a garden...
    I didn’t plant the chokeberry trees - I didn’t even know what they are until @Silver surfer identified them for me. They seem to pop up in the neighbourhood. So someone, a while ago, in a garden not too far away, must have planted one….! The birds love the berries, and so they get distributed....
    I didn’t plant the chokeberry trees - I didn’t even know what they are until @Silver surfer identified them for me. They seem to pop up in the neighbourhood. So someone, a while ago, in a garden not too far away, must have planted one….! The...
    I didn’t plant the chokeberry trees - I didn’t even know what they are until @Silver surfer identified them for me. They seem to pop up in the neighbourhood. So someone, a while ago, in a garden...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. richard6298

Fence Project: Where neighbours land is beyond fence line

I would start by looking at what plans, land registry documents etc you and your neighbour have with your neighbour. Then have a look at the present situation on the ground, again with neighbour...
    I would start by looking at what plans, land registry documents etc you and your neighbour have with your neighbour. Then have a look at the present situation on the ground, again with neighbour for any sign of old boundary alignment with other neighbours etc. After that see if you and neighbour...
    I would start by looking at what plans, land registry documents etc you and your neighbour have with your neighbour. Then have a look at the present situation on the ground, again with neighbour for any sign of old boundary alignment with other...
    I would start by looking at what plans, land registry documents etc you and your neighbour have with your neighbour. Then have a look at the present situation on the ground, again with neighbour...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice