Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. clum111
    Like x 5

The Journy Of My Japanese Garden

Amazing
    Amazing
    Amazing
    Amazing
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. bigbore

Wooden Planter

Will you make me one next week if I throw in some homemade cake and biscuits?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. merleworld
    Like x 7

Not really a project...

Hi @merleworld I like it and I have just painted my Arbor the same colour its easy on the eyes
    Hi @merleworld I like it and I have just painted my Arbor the same colour its easy on the eyes
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. NewBhoy
    Like x 3

The rear deck....

I know you've called yourself NewBhoy but didn't realise you were that young. :biggrin:The decking looks great. :dbgrtmb:
    I know you've called yourself NewBhoy but didn't realise you were that young. :biggrin:The decking looks great. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Loofah

New veg beds

Thanks all, will look into the suggestions when I get a moment to scratch etcQuite like the idea of circular beds but obviously not great for maximizing space.Will try to get a plan of the...
    Thanks all, will look into the suggestions when I get a moment to scratch etcQuite like the idea of circular beds but obviously not great for maximizing space.Will try to get a plan of the space together so get some suggestions on new layout too
    Thanks all, will look into the suggestions when I get a moment to scratch etcQuite like the idea of circular beds but obviously not great for maximizing space.Will try to get a plan of the space together so get some suggestions on new layout too
    Thanks all, will look into the suggestions when I get a moment to scratch etcQuite like the idea of circular beds but obviously not great for maximizing space.Will try to get a plan of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wiseowl

Will this Work

I did this, some time ago now....a concrete drive that was so ugly....friends came and helped and after we had a bbq and a good old laugh :dbgrtmb: think the Boys were in competition with each other :heehee:
    I did this, some time ago now....a concrete drive that was so ugly....friends came and helped and after we had a bbq and a good old laugh :dbgrtmb: think the Boys were in competition with each other :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. pamsdish
    Like x 8

Inventive Use for Old Wellies

Haha these are great!
    Haha these are great!
    Haha these are great!
    Haha these are great!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Ariadae

Shrub recommendations please

Have you thought of a hardy Fuchsia ? You can control the height/spread of these a lot easier than most shrubs as if they get too big you can just cut them back to ground level in early...
    Have you thought of a hardy Fuchsia ? You can control the height/spread of these a lot easier than most shrubs as if they get too big you can just cut them back to ground level in early spring.And, you don't have to leave the Space bare in spring either, I underplant in layers with early...
    Have you thought of a hardy Fuchsia ? You can control the height/spread of these a lot easier than most shrubs as if they get too big you can just cut them back to ground level in early spring.And, you don't have to leave the Space bare in...
    Have you thought of a hardy Fuchsia ? You can control the height/spread of these a lot easier than most shrubs as if they get too big you can just cut them back to ground level in early...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. bigbore

Footings for small brick structure

Hello allI'm about to dig my pond out and will be doing the same as the picture below and just have a brick collar all the way round the pond, how deep will the footings need to be under the...
    Hello allI'm about to dig my pond out and will be doing the same as the picture below and just have a brick collar all the way round the pond, how deep will the footings need to be under the brick...
    Hello allI'm about to dig my pond out and will be doing the same as the picture below and just have a brick collar all the way round the pond, how deep will the footings need to be under the brick...
    Hello allI'm about to dig my pond out and will be doing the same as the picture below and just have a brick collar all the way round the pond, how deep will the footings need to be under the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. bigbore

Drainage issue

Where I have dug out the base for the bbq shack I have noticed that after a heavy downpour of rain that one corner stays wet for a few weeks, Under the base in the middle is a land soak away pipe....
    Where I have dug out the base for the bbq shack I have noticed that after a heavy downpour of rain that one corner stays wet for a few weeks, Under the base in the middle is a land soak away pipe. Would it be worth me sinking another pipe with holes in and slope it down to the land pipe ?here...
    Where I have dug out the base for the bbq shack I have noticed that after a heavy downpour of rain that one corner stays wet for a few weeks, Under the base in the middle is a land soak away pipe. Would it be worth me sinking another pipe with...
    Where I have dug out the base for the bbq shack I have noticed that after a heavy downpour of rain that one corner stays wet for a few weeks, Under the base in the middle is a land soak away pipe....
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sixtie7
    Like x 4

My gardening project

Brilliant job @Sixtie7, your garden is coming along nicely :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. bigbore

pergola plans

We're going to make a pergola soon. Just waiting for some decent rain so I can dig the footings out.
    We're going to make a pergola soon. Just waiting for some decent rain so I can dig the footings out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. IceColdRum

Gravel...

If you want grasses.....Aldi are having on offer from tomorrow.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. bigbore

Electric for the garden

cheers both, had a sparky come and hes putting a couple of them sockets in the pergola and also a power box next to the pond to control all of the gear...cheersJamie
    cheers both, had a sparky come and hes putting a couple of them sockets in the pergola and also a power box next to the pond to control all of the gear...cheersJamie
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Gabriel Syme

Concrete edging

I reckon setting them on a sand bed is asking for them to sink and become uneven. What about placing some small pieces of something flat like brick, broken paving slab, etc. in the bottom of the...
    I reckon setting them on a sand bed is asking for them to sink and become uneven. What about placing some small pieces of something flat like brick, broken paving slab, etc. in the bottom of the trench for them to sit on?I've got a 9" angle grinder for cutting slabs, pavers, bricks, etc. but a...
    I reckon setting them on a sand bed is asking for them to sink and become uneven. What about placing some small pieces of something flat like brick, broken paving slab, etc. in the bottom of the trench for them to sit on?I've got a 9" angle...
    I reckon setting them on a sand bed is asking for them to sink and become uneven. What about placing some small pieces of something flat like brick, broken paving slab, etc. in the bottom of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. cherrywillows

Wind break feature

Hi Cherrywilows! It sounds like you have got a plan for a lovely garden. As to you questions, the main problem you will have with the soil wall is preventing the soil being eroded before the...
    Hi Cherrywilows! It sounds like you have got a plan for a lovely garden. As to you questions, the main problem you will have with the soil wall is preventing the soil being eroded before the plants have chance to establish, especially if you live in a part of the UK that gets a lot of rain or...
    Hi Cherrywilows! It sounds like you have got a plan for a lovely garden. As to you questions, the main problem you will have with the soil wall is preventing the soil being eroded before the plants have chance to establish, especially if you...
    Hi Cherrywilows! It sounds like you have got a plan for a lovely garden. As to you questions, the main problem you will have with the soil wall is preventing the soil being eroded before the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Clueless76

Help needed with pebble pool please :)

If you Google pondless waterfalls there's loads of info about them. I think you'd need a pond liner under the stones too. They seem to please themselves and run without maintenance bar topping up...
    If you Google pondless waterfalls there's loads of info about them. I think you'd need a pond liner under the stones too. They seem to please themselves and run without maintenance bar topping up the water now and again :)
    If you Google pondless waterfalls there's loads of info about them. I think you'd need a pond liner under the stones too. They seem to please themselves and run without maintenance bar topping up the water now and again :)
    If you Google pondless waterfalls there's loads of info about them. I think you'd need a pond liner under the stones too. They seem to please themselves and run without maintenance bar topping up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. geriali

Covering an unsightly extension

thank you for the positive feedback to us alljust so you know the two plants you mentioned are not evergreen over the winter months
    thank you for the positive feedback to us alljust so you know the two plants you mentioned are not evergreen over the winter months
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. merleworld
    Like x 6

Work on new patio starts today

It's looking very smart Merleworld! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. lee&jodie

Help needed - Total novice!

Hi Lee&Jodie, The first thing that struck me about your garden was where you are forced to keep the bins. As a thought, why don't you remove the soil more down the LHS fence to give a flatter...
    Hi Lee&Jodie, The first thing that struck me about your garden was where you are forced to keep the bins. As a thought, why don't you remove the soil more down the LHS fence to give a flatter area and put your bins on the soil by the fence. You can easily access them by walking down the path,...
    Hi Lee&Jodie, The first thing that struck me about your garden was where you are forced to keep the bins. As a thought, why don't you remove the soil more down the LHS fence to give a flatter area and put your bins on the soil by the fence. You...
    Hi Lee&Jodie, The first thing that struck me about your garden was where you are forced to keep the bins. As a thought, why don't you remove the soil more down the LHS fence to give a flatter...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice