1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. bigbore

Concrete help

If you don't need a huge volume . Its best to buy a ready mixed bag off concrete or postcrete if its a post you are putting in . All the big sheds sell it.
    If you don't need a huge volume . Its best to buy a ready mixed bag off concrete or postcrete if its a post you are putting in . All the big sheds sell it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Adrian Wigham

Building a lawn???

Welcome to GC Adrian. :) If you take a look at the older threads in the 'Lawns' forum you will find they give you help on drainage and lawn issues. If you need any more help it would probably be...
    Welcome to GC Adrian. :) If you take a look at the older threads in the 'Lawns' forum you will find they give you help on drainage and lawn issues. If you need any more help it would probably be better to post there.
    Welcome to GC Adrian. :) If you take a look at the older threads in the 'Lawns' forum you will find they give you help on drainage and lawn issues. If you need any more help it would probably be better to post there.
    Welcome to GC Adrian. :) If you take a look at the older threads in the 'Lawns' forum you will find they give you help on drainage and lawn issues. If you need any more help it would probably be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. mr c
    Like x 8

old mill wheel

Finished messing with the front and covered with hessian which you dampen to stop the mortar drying too quick and coming away from the stone,and a bit of plastic to protect against...
    Finished messing with the front and covered with hessian which you dampen to stop the mortar drying too quick and coming away from the stone,and a bit of plastic to protect against elements.Kitchen window shot,that saves me wetting the hessian tee heeNear 18 years ago time fly'safraid...
    Finished messing with the front and covered with hessian which you dampen to stop the mortar drying too quick and coming away from the stone,and a bit of plastic to protect against elements.Kitchen window shot,that saves me wetting the hessian...
    Finished messing with the front and covered with hessian which you dampen to stop the mortar drying too quick and coming away from the stone,and a bit of plastic to protect against...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Markymark

Any ideas for borders?

Thanks.. It really was a good day! I'm becoming a bit obsessed with gardening. I went to the garden centre today for some pea sticks...just pea sticks and nothing else. I don't have room for any...
    Thanks.. It really was a good day! I'm becoming a bit obsessed with gardening. I went to the garden centre today for some pea sticks...just pea sticks and nothing else. I don't have room for any more plants. £70 later, I'm walking out with ferns, annuals, pots, a knitting book (?) and an ice...
    Thanks.. It really was a good day! I'm becoming a bit obsessed with gardening. I went to the garden centre today for some pea sticks...just pea sticks and nothing else. I don't have room for any more plants. £70 later, I'm walking out with ferns,...
    Thanks.. It really was a good day! I'm becoming a bit obsessed with gardening. I went to the garden centre today for some pea sticks...just pea sticks and nothing else. I don't have room for any...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Ellie Jones
    Like x 5

The Phoenix rising (I hope)

What an amazing transformation! I struggle to imagine a garden with no grass but it actually looks very smart! Mad to think of whats buried in all of our gardens!
    What an amazing transformation! I struggle to imagine a garden with no grass but it actually looks very smart! Mad to think of whats buried in all of our gardens!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. GYO newbie

How long should i wait?

Very helpful - thank you. Yes the men at the allotment shop warned me about the power of round up and how I should use with caution on a windless day. Ta!
    Very helpful - thank you. Yes the men at the allotment shop warned me about the power of round up and how I should use with caution on a windless day. Ta!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Bilbo675
    Like x 5

New Project On the Horizon

The first update of my wildlife pond for 2015, its looking good and there's lots of life: frogs, tadpoles, daphnia, caddis, water louse, leeches, snails, nymphs are all in residence and enjoying...
    The first update of my wildlife pond for 2015, its looking good and there's lots of life: frogs, tadpoles, daphnia, caddis, water louse, leeches, snails, nymphs are all in residence and enjoying their little piece of heaven :)New leaves on the lilies are just emerging and the frogbit is popping...
    The first update of my wildlife pond for 2015, its looking good and there's lots of life: frogs, tadpoles, daphnia, caddis, water louse, leeches, snails, nymphs are all in residence and enjoying their little piece of heaven :)New leaves on the...
    The first update of my wildlife pond for 2015, its looking good and there's lots of life: frogs, tadpoles, daphnia, caddis, water louse, leeches, snails, nymphs are all in residence and enjoying...
    Photo0240.jpg Photo0241.jpg Plants 314.jpg P8290010.JPG P9020005.JPG P9020006.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. nikirushka

Pallet fence

To get costs down, I'd use 50 x 75mm preserved timber below ground with projecting stubs some 150mm above ground, bolted to posts made of laminated pallet slats. If pallet timber is good enough...
    To get costs down, I'd use 50 x 75mm preserved timber below ground with projecting stubs some 150mm above ground, bolted to posts made of laminated pallet slats. If pallet timber is good enough for the panels, it should be good enough for above ground posts.
    To get costs down, I'd use 50 x 75mm preserved timber below ground with projecting stubs some 150mm above ground, bolted to posts made of laminated pallet slats. If pallet timber is good enough for the panels, it should be good enough for above...
    To get costs down, I'd use 50 x 75mm preserved timber below ground with projecting stubs some 150mm above ground, bolted to posts made of laminated pallet slats. If pallet timber is good enough...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Dan Gates

What would you do...

Make sure to upload some pics of whatever you decide to do!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. LyndaG
    Like x 6

Pallet garden

as a matter of fact the same applies to birdhouses
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. bigbore

Dull front garden area

Would heather cover the box?
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. IceColdRum
    Like x 8

New Place with New Gardens:)

I have been watching the social antics of my cats for years. They are a cohesive group. They all accept each other as part of the group. If an solitary new cat tries to enter the group, its all...
    I have been watching the social antics of my cats for years. They are a cohesive group. They all accept each other as part of the group. If an solitary new cat tries to enter the group, its all hell breaks lose. But, if the solitary new cat gives off just the right ESP, or vib, or something,...
    I have been watching the social antics of my cats for years. They are a cohesive group. They all accept each other as part of the group. If an solitary new cat tries to enter the group, its all hell breaks lose. But, if the solitary new cat...
    I have been watching the social antics of my cats for years. They are a cohesive group. They all accept each other as part of the group. If an solitary new cat tries to enter the group, its all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. martin-f
    Like x 7

New garden fence and drive and gates

Many thanks for your comments :-)Its great I love it so glad I went for it. if you get the 22mm stuff like ive done it doesn't hardly move once settled, I have no need to rake it now, its...
    Many thanks for your comments :-)Its great I love it so glad I went for it. if you get the 22mm stuff like ive done it doesn't hardly move once settled, I have no need to rake it now, its also great while I am in the back garden I can here anyone coming to the front door.
    Many thanks for your comments :-)Its great I love it so glad I went for it. if you get the 22mm stuff like ive done it doesn't hardly move once settled, I have no need to rake it now, its also great while I am in the back garden I can here...
    Many thanks for your comments :-)Its great I love it so glad I went for it. if you get the 22mm stuff like ive done it doesn't hardly move once settled, I have no need to rake it now, its...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. JohnD

What are your gardening projects for 2015?

Done. Vertical gardening with hydroponics will be the new boom in gardening if the right products come to market I think. Giving it a go myself this summer for tumbling tomatoes.
    Done. Vertical gardening with hydroponics will be the new boom in gardening if the right products come to market I think. Giving it a go myself this summer for tumbling tomatoes.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. TheFitGardener

Lining for planters

If you make your own timber outers to fit rectangular/square plastic tubs, small water tanks, window boxes, etc. you'll never have wet soil in contact with the woodwork (just occasionally needing...
    If you make your own timber outers to fit rectangular/square plastic tubs, small water tanks, window boxes, etc. you'll never have wet soil in contact with the woodwork (just occasionally needing to replace slats forming the base) , and if you have spare 'liners' they can be planted up and...
    If you make your own timber outers to fit rectangular/square plastic tubs, small water tanks, window boxes, etc. you'll never have wet soil in contact with the woodwork (just occasionally needing to replace slats forming the base) , and if you...
    If you make your own timber outers to fit rectangular/square plastic tubs, small water tanks, window boxes, etc. you'll never have wet soil in contact with the woodwork (just occasionally needing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. garden-newbie
    Friendly x 3

feeling overwhelmed with my garden renovation !

It's such a great space, but can see why you are daunted. Hope it's going well!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Rich garden

Rich Garden project : )

Your Garden is really looking good Rich., you have some lovely plants in there.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Ian Taylor

Glazing for Greenhouse

Thats a great idea, has one side will be near a brick wall and the other side will be facing the sun
    Thats a great idea, has one side will be near a brick wall and the other side will be facing the sun
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. samwalker22

What's the easiest way to level the back of my garden?

I would suggest a slight deck to is fairly cheap to build from scratch if your smart and shop about for bits it would give you a lovely section to sit in looks fantastic, sturdy, and best part...
    I would suggest a slight deck to is fairly cheap to build from scratch if your smart and shop about for bits it would give you a lovely section to sit in looks fantastic, sturdy, and best part there is notice Earth to move, I am currently building myself a gazebo with a raised deck but I have...
    I would suggest a slight deck to is fairly cheap to build from scratch if your smart and shop about for bits it would give you a lovely section to sit in looks fantastic, sturdy, and best part there is notice Earth to move, I am currently...
    I would suggest a slight deck to is fairly cheap to build from scratch if your smart and shop about for bits it would give you a lovely section to sit in looks fantastic, sturdy, and best part...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. fileep

Any advice to transform concrete eyesore would be appreciated!

I would say build a raised pond with good water plants and it would attract pond wildlife like dragon flies frogs etc, you would be amazed at how time would pass watching the wildlife, I enjoy a...
    I would say build a raised pond with good water plants and it would attract pond wildlife like dragon flies frogs etc, you would be amazed at how time would pass watching the wildlife, I enjoy a spot of fishing and there's nothing better than listening to the birds singing and watching dragon...
    I would say build a raised pond with good water plants and it would attract pond wildlife like dragon flies frogs etc, you would be amazed at how time would pass watching the wildlife, I enjoy a spot of fishing and there's nothing better than...
    I would say build a raised pond with good water plants and it would attract pond wildlife like dragon flies frogs etc, you would be amazed at how time would pass watching the wildlife, I enjoy a...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice