1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. richard6298

Fence Project: Where neighbours land is beyond fence line

I would start by looking at what plans, land registry documents etc you and your neighbour have with your neighbour. Then have a look at the present situation on the ground, again with neighbour...
    I would start by looking at what plans, land registry documents etc you and your neighbour have with your neighbour. Then have a look at the present situation on the ground, again with neighbour for any sign of old boundary alignment with other neighbours etc. After that see if you and neighbour...
    I would start by looking at what plans, land registry documents etc you and your neighbour have with your neighbour. Then have a look at the present situation on the ground, again with neighbour for any sign of old boundary alignment with other...
    I would start by looking at what plans, land registry documents etc you and your neighbour have with your neighbour. Then have a look at the present situation on the ground, again with neighbour...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. David Berry

Replacement shed...and nudging into a corner?

I've recently installed a tool shed and a potting shed - they both came with a single piece roof - which is lifted into place and slots on top of the walls. I could have easily applied the felt...
    I've recently installed a tool shed and a potting shed - they both came with a single piece roof - which is lifted into place and slots on top of the walls. I could have easily applied the felt before installing the roof. I also found out that you do not tack the roof felt at the rear of the...
    I've recently installed a tool shed and a potting shed - they both came with a single piece roof - which is lifted into place and slots on top of the walls. I could have easily applied the felt before installing the roof. I also found out that...
    I've recently installed a tool shed and a potting shed - they both came with a single piece roof - which is lifted into place and slots on top of the walls. I could have easily applied the felt...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Gizmo

slope for critters

I had a hedge hog in my pond a few years ago. I watched it for a few moments before getting it out. Anything that is in the water automatically goes all around the outside trying to find...
    I had a hedge hog in my pond a few years ago. I watched it for a few moments before getting it out. Anything that is in the water automatically goes all around the outside trying to find somewhere to scramble out. My pond has over hanging stones around the outside, so kind of a death trap...
    I had a hedge hog in my pond a few years ago. I watched it for a few moments before getting it out. Anything that is in the water automatically goes all around the outside trying to find somewhere to scramble out. My pond has over hanging...
    I had a hedge hog in my pond a few years ago. I watched it for a few moments before getting it out. Anything that is in the water automatically goes all around the outside trying to find...
    20220513_125657.jpg 20220526_200248.jpg 20220527_133347.jpg 20220527_145659.jpg 20220528_141659.jpg 20220614_130144.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Oldcodger
    Like x 3

Erecting a hedgehog friendly shed.

Harry the Hedgehog in our garden. I never thought this would happen as the garden is fenced in but there was one small gap. We had a few unusual black poo’s on the side of the pond ,still not...
    Harry the Hedgehog in our garden. I never thought this would happen as the garden is fenced in but there was one small gap. We had a few unusual black poo’s on the side of the pond ,still not convinced we put out some cat food …..that disappeared………could have been a cat……. Until we put the...
    Harry the Hedgehog in our garden. I never thought this would happen as the garden is fenced in but there was one small gap. We had a few unusual black poo’s on the side of the pond ,still not convinced we put out some cat food …..that...
    Harry the Hedgehog in our garden. I never thought this would happen as the garden is fenced in but there was one small gap. We had a few unusual black poo’s on the side of the pond ,still not...
    C9B23C61-F088-471A-85D0-3DD6A63FBD94.png 1FF45C6B-A59D-4592-9A71-343D73C3E435.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Retired
    Like x 6

Suffolk Colt Mower.

Hi,I never completed this now old thread so now being driven indoors by wind and heavy rain I can spend a bit of time to update.Just for interest I made two aluminium petrol tanks; one to copy...
    Hi,I never completed this now old thread so now being driven indoors by wind and heavy rain I can spend a bit of time to update.Just for interest I made two aluminium petrol tanks; one to copy the original and the round one already shown ready for welding.After making every mistake...
    Hi,I never completed this now old thread so now being driven indoors by wind and heavy rain I can spend a bit of time to update.Just for interest I made two aluminium petrol tanks; one to copy the original and the round one already shown...
    Hi,I never completed this now old thread so now being driven indoors by wind and heavy rain I can spend a bit of time to update.Just for interest I made two aluminium petrol tanks; one to copy...
    Rufforth items_002.JPG Rufforth items_009.JPG Suffolk Colt._003.JPG Suffolk Colt._004.JPG Suffolk Colt._005.JPG Suffolk Colt._006.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. DevonPhil

New Garden Shed Build

Little shed / workshop update… Working on and off over the weekends, it has taken almost a year to get this built, but I'm finally on the home straight. The workshop has been clad in dark grey...
    Little shed / workshop update… Working on and off over the weekends, it has taken almost a year to get this built, but I'm finally on the home straight. The workshop has been clad in dark grey metal sheets to be relatively maintenance free and hide into the background of the garden. I just have...
    Little shed / workshop update… Working on and off over the weekends, it has taken almost a year to get this built, but I'm finally on the home straight. The workshop has been clad in dark grey metal sheets to be relatively maintenance free and...
    Little shed / workshop update… Working on and off over the weekends, it has taken almost a year to get this built, but I'm finally on the home straight. The workshop has been clad in dark grey...
    shed1.jpg WhatsApp Image 2021-03-27 at 07.30.54.jpeg shed3.jpg shed-roof.jpg Base.jpg frame.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Retired

Height of tree.

Hi,I've recently been felling 15 tall trees and wondered how to determine their height so I browsed YouTube and here's just one of many videos which I found very useful indeed.I was...
    Hi,I've recently been felling 15 tall trees and wondered how to determine their height so I browsed YouTube and here's just one of many videos which I found very useful indeed.I was concerned about the trees landing on the bungalow roof or on the lane at the top of the garden both would...
    Hi,I've recently been felling 15 tall trees and wondered how to determine their height so I browsed YouTube and here's just one of many videos which I found very useful indeed.I was concerned about the trees landing on the bungalow roof or...
    Hi,I've recently been felling 15 tall trees and wondered how to determine their height so I browsed YouTube and here's just one of many videos which I found very useful indeed.I was...
    12 March 2022_0008.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. louicopp

New House, New Garden - big project!

It's got great potential. It's maybe a bit shady for a decent lawn, is there a clearing that gets more light?
    It's got great potential. It's maybe a bit shady for a decent lawn, is there a clearing that gets more light?
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JJ28

Waterproofing

If the felt leaks then really you need to recover it, a bit of a pain I know, but after a few years of painting stuff on my shed roof I bit the bullet and recovered it.I did use this for a while.
    If the felt leaks then really you need to recover it, a bit of a pain I know, but after a few years of painting stuff on my shed roof I bit the bullet and recovered it.I did use this for a while.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Jack Sparrow

Bin Storage

I thought it was something like that.:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Djmturner

Shaded patch Ideas please.

So I have this area in front of a raise driveway , it gets no direct sunlight but plenty of indirect (if that makes sense). The hydrangea is blue and does really well where it is, I would like...
    So I have this area in front of a raise driveway , it gets no direct sunlight but plenty of indirect (if that makes sense). The hydrangea is blue and does really well where it is, I would like something around it to complement the colour but unsure what would work best. (The weeds will be gone...
    So I have this area in front of a raise driveway , it gets no direct sunlight but plenty of indirect (if that makes sense). The hydrangea is blue and does really well where it is, I would like something around it to complement the colour but...
    So I have this area in front of a raise driveway , it gets no direct sunlight but plenty of indirect (if that makes sense). The hydrangea is blue and does really well where it is, I would like...
    20220324_133156.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Lindsey244
    Like x 6

Tree house project

@Selleri Thank you! She is 11 and started to use it more now it’s getting warmer!
    @Selleri Thank you! She is 11 and started to use it more now it’s getting warmer!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Welshman
    Like x 4

New flower beds

Thanks for the kind words jocko
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. IttyBittyGreenSpace

Making a pergola out of an existing structure

I think rebar will sag, personally, the longest one looks like over 3 metres. It will also rust, ok you can paint it but I think it will rust in time.
    I think rebar will sag, personally, the longest one looks like over 3 metres. It will also rust, ok you can paint it but I think it will rust in time.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Welshman

Solar shed

Got all my stuff now to start the solar shed project. Just want some warm weathee now so i can still putting it altogether…….
    Got all my stuff now to start the solar shed project. Just want some warm weathee now so i can still putting it altogether…….
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Welshman
    Like x 3

Greenhouse project

i can confirm…. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Gn0me

Moss poles only online?

Got a similar issue, especially on my roofs, can't go out of my french doors into the garden without getting hit on the head or attacked by moss.It's the moss on my lawn that's the constant...
    Got a similar issue, especially on my roofs, can't go out of my french doors into the garden without getting hit on the head or attacked by moss.It's the moss on my lawn that's the constant battle around now.
    Got a similar issue, especially on my roofs, can't go out of my french doors into the garden without getting hit on the head or attacked by moss.It's the moss on my lawn that's the constant battle around now.
    Got a similar issue, especially on my roofs, can't go out of my french doors into the garden without getting hit on the head or attacked by moss.It's the moss on my lawn that's the constant...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. JimmyB

A lot of trellis needed

Yes - good shout. I was thinking that some kind of mastic for the vine eye holes would be good. The construction of the house is not anything I am used to: unfaced granite hidden under concrete...
    Yes - good shout. I was thinking that some kind of mastic for the vine eye holes would be good. The construction of the house is not anything I am used to: unfaced granite hidden under concrete (why???) outside, and then stud walls inside. There is a fair amount of damp there... so stopping...
    Yes - good shout. I was thinking that some kind of mastic for the vine eye holes would be good. The construction of the house is not anything I am used to: unfaced granite hidden under concrete (why???) outside, and then stud walls inside. ...
    Yes - good shout. I was thinking that some kind of mastic for the vine eye holes would be good. The construction of the house is not anything I am used to: unfaced granite hidden under concrete...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ricky101

Greenhouse colour ?

I have here some old oiled teak and aluminium chairs - the aluminium was originally powder-coated white. When it began to go I rubbed them down and repainted using a bog standard oil primer over...
    I have here some old oiled teak and aluminium chairs - the aluminium was originally powder-coated white. When it began to go I rubbed them down and repainted using a bog standard oil primer over any bare bits, and then a bog standard gloss finish paint. The first time I used white but found that...
    I have here some old oiled teak and aluminium chairs - the aluminium was originally powder-coated white. When it began to go I rubbed them down and repainted using a bog standard oil primer over any bare bits, and then a bog standard gloss finish...
    I have here some old oiled teak and aluminium chairs - the aluminium was originally powder-coated white. When it began to go I rubbed them down and repainted using a bog standard oil primer over...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jack Sparrow

Improvising a covered walkway

The building part of my walkway project is now complete. I went for bark chippings in the end instead of gravel. I thought it would be easier to manipulate, it would look natural, and if I bought...
    The building part of my walkway project is now complete. I went for bark chippings in the end instead of gravel. I thought it would be easier to manipulate, it would look natural, and if I bought too much of it, I could use it else where on the garden. Roll on spring so that I can start...
    The building part of my walkway project is now complete. I went for bark chippings in the end instead of gravel. I thought it would be easier to manipulate, it would look natural, and if I bought too much of it, I could use it else where on the...
    The building part of my walkway project is now complete. I went for bark chippings in the end instead of gravel. I thought it would be easier to manipulate, it would look natural, and if I bought...
    20210721_183216.jpg 20210721_193202.jpg Screenshot_20210721-200331_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20210721-201309_Pinterest.jpg Screenshot_20210721-201035_Chrome.jpg 20210802_165315.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice