Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Welshman
    Like x 3

Outdoor cooking area

Ive done more…….arbor seating area and ive just finished cutting the timbers for the custom benchthen i killed off all the grass and reseeded the whole lawn
    Ive done more…….arbor seating area and ive just finished cutting the timbers for the custom benchthen i killed off all the grass and reseeded the whole lawn
    62915475-A013-4C18-8AD1-12D5CE74C417.jpeg 9776F320-D912-4806-BA34-2E7018F3BFBB.jpeg AC00B4C3-599F-48F1-912F-A1BCC7BFCD27.jpeg AC676EB1-D1E1-488F-837E-0665B4C57850.jpeg 8BA02ED2-608F-4556-BD59-EAE069CD76F6.jpeg 0EAFB3C0-2FC7-47D1-B0EA-06023B2F7169.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Emery339

Greenhouse focus group

I hope we will be able to help with your project. 1) On average day how long do you spend in your greenhouse. Between 1/2 an hour and 5 hours. Much longer in the late Autumn and early Spring than...
    I hope we will be able to help with your project. 1) On average day how long do you spend in your greenhouse. Between 1/2 an hour and 5 hours. Much longer in the late Autumn and early Spring than at other times. 2) What type of Greenhouse do you own. Rhino 20ftx8ft 3) What is your greenhouse...
    I hope we will be able to help with your project. 1) On average day how long do you spend in your greenhouse. Between 1/2 an hour and 5 hours. Much longer in the late Autumn and early Spring than at other times. 2) What type of Greenhouse do you...
    I hope we will be able to help with your project. 1) On average day how long do you spend in your greenhouse. Between 1/2 an hour and 5 hours. Much longer in the late Autumn and early Spring than...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl

Recommendations for a Garden fence sprayer

I've been trying to get an answer to this question ever since I puchased a Wagner sprayer - can I use normal Cuprinol instead of the sprayable version?The sheds had better look out now...
    I've been trying to get an answer to this question ever since I puchased a Wagner sprayer - can I use normal Cuprinol instead of the sprayable version?The sheds had better look out now...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Green Gremlin

Shaded area. New boarder.

It's a long process my garden lol. I've dug it over, removed a lot of the old roots and rubble. Next I was thinking a few bags of old horse manure mixed in With horticultural sharp sand as it's...
    It's a long process my garden lol. I've dug it over, removed a lot of the old roots and rubble. Next I was thinking a few bags of old horse manure mixed in With horticultural sharp sand as it's like clay, mixing in sulphate of potash
    It's a long process my garden lol. I've dug it over, removed a lot of the old roots and rubble. Next I was thinking a few bags of old horse manure mixed in With horticultural sharp sand as it's like clay, mixing in sulphate of potash
    It's a long process my garden lol. I've dug it over, removed a lot of the old roots and rubble. Next I was thinking a few bags of old horse manure mixed in With horticultural sharp sand as it's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kevin Cowans

Adding guttering to Shed

Hello @ShealThanks, it is good to finally have been able to get it done, especially considering that I was looking to get someone in to do it for me.Kevin
    Hello @ShealThanks, it is good to finally have been able to get it done, especially considering that I was looking to get someone in to do it for me.Kevin
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Claire McCarthy

Paint a Steeltech Shed?

There's no reason you can't paint it if that's what you want to do. I'd give it a clean and a light sanding then prime/undercoat it then paint.
    There's no reason you can't paint it if that's what you want to do. I'd give it a clean and a light sanding then prime/undercoat it then paint.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Claire McCarthy

Best timber for raised beds?

I’m looking to build some raised beds up against a shed and wondered what is the best type of timber to use? I’m looking for something long-lasting, I don’t want to be rebuilding it every couple...
    I’m looking to build some raised beds up against a shed and wondered what is the best type of timber to use? I’m looking for something long-lasting, I don’t want to be rebuilding it every couple of years! It will be mostly used for flowers so I’m not worried about preservatives leaching into...
    I’m looking to build some raised beds up against a shed and wondered what is the best type of timber to use? I’m looking for something long-lasting, I don’t want to be rebuilding it every couple of years! It will be mostly used for flowers so I’m...
    I’m looking to build some raised beds up against a shed and wondered what is the best type of timber to use? I’m looking for something long-lasting, I don’t want to be rebuilding it every couple...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Gizmo

garden parasol

thanks for your replys the base is full of water at the moment i wonder if there is a bracket with a clasp on it so you dont have to undo the whole bracket to get parasol out for use
    thanks for your replys the base is full of water at the moment i wonder if there is a bracket with a clasp on it so you dont have to undo the whole bracket to get parasol out for use
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Mitramonday

Rescuing what once was a beautiful (small) garden...

Hi again...a little update on my rescue project and more advice needed:please:! So, my garden has been pruned (aka 'scalped') in preparation for my new fence which arrived this week...yay! Unfortunately,...
    Hi again...a little update on my rescue project and more advice needed:please:! So, my garden has been pruned (aka 'scalped') in preparation for my new fence which arrived this week...yay! Unfortunately, I accepted the very kind offer of a neighbour to rebuild my (above ground) pond as it was leaking...
    Hi again...a little update on my rescue project and more advice needed:please:! So, my garden has been pruned (aka 'scalped') in preparation for my new fence which arrived this week...yay! Unfortunately, I accepted the very kind offer of a neighbour to...
    Hi again...a little update on my rescue project and more advice needed:please:! So, my garden has been pruned (aka 'scalped') in preparation for my new fence which arrived this week...yay! Unfortunately,...
    82190EA8-399E-480B-AC85-92B152F0E802.jpeg DECA3571-DB50-4CBE-A521-953E609F9C77.jpeg 1D126470-2CFF-40F1-8566-84B4FF86E693.jpeg 2F075C77-A7E1-4CC2-8DAA-D14B3F537264.jpeg 54F2A9D3-DFDF-4136-BB34-E80015C571A3.jpeg 5509091D-1CF0-4BAF-8DE9-75356B38106D.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Dave_79

Filling unwanted pond

Thanks all for the advice. I pressure washed as much of the green gunk off that low wall as I could, then put some compost & geraniums in over the topsoil I’d already put in.In my last garden I...
    Thanks all for the advice. I pressure washed as much of the green gunk off that low wall as I could, then put some compost & geraniums in over the topsoil I’d already put in.In my last garden I used to alternate red and white geraniums in a curve around the base of a tree stump, every other...
    Thanks all for the advice. I pressure washed as much of the green gunk off that low wall as I could, then put some compost & geraniums in over the topsoil I’d already put in.In my last garden I used to alternate red and white geraniums in a...
    Thanks all for the advice. I pressure washed as much of the green gunk off that low wall as I could, then put some compost & geraniums in over the topsoil I’d already put in.In my last garden I...
    64D17ADA-0DCF-4E05-87BE-C11D3E94AEC0.jpeg 71BC24FD-7A3E-40D7-9F7F-8D7497079D45.jpeg 3CA7D497-E927-444E-B268-7BC59D180978.jpeg 07A1735C-3E4E-4BA2-A8C4-87CDCA78C913.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Grant Hammond

Is it ok to bury concrete rubble under my garden?

It's actually not a bad idea. I remember a "demolition party" where some guys wanted to tear down an old barn. So they put an advertisement in the newspaper, asked for 10€ each, fired up their...
    It's actually not a bad idea. I remember a "demolition party" where some guys wanted to tear down an old barn. So they put an advertisement in the newspaper, asked for 10€ each, fired up their barbecue and lots of guys came to play with their tools. Ripping through walls, swinging away with...
    It's actually not a bad idea. I remember a "demolition party" where some guys wanted to tear down an old barn. So they put an advertisement in the newspaper, asked for 10€ each, fired up their barbecue and lots of guys came to play with their...
    It's actually not a bad idea. I remember a "demolition party" where some guys wanted to tear down an old barn. So they put an advertisement in the newspaper, asked for 10€ each, fired up their...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Craig jameson

What to do with this corner of the garden?

This is whats accumulated after 24hrs with no rain....
    Full garden.jpg problem area.jpg hole.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. 2nd_bassoon
    Like x 7

Starting from (almost) scratch

The shed is in! It's down the bottom of the garden, against the ugly concrete/breezeblock north facing wall, and the combination of a half-complete paint job and the shed is already improving the...
    The shed is in! It's down the bottom of the garden, against the ugly concrete/breezeblock north facing wall, and the combination of a half-complete paint job and the shed is already improving the look of things down there :rolleyespink:Nothing in this garden is flat or level in any direction, so we built...
    The shed is in! It's down the bottom of the garden, against the ugly concrete/breezeblock north facing wall, and the combination of a half-complete paint job and the shed is already improving the look of things down there :rolleyespink:Nothing in this...
    The shed is in! It's down the bottom of the garden, against the ugly concrete/breezeblock north facing wall, and the combination of a half-complete paint job and the shed is already improving the...
    2020-06-21 17.43.29.jpg 2020-06-21 17.43.42.jpg 2020-06-21 17.44.03.jpg 2020-06-21 17.44.09.jpg 2020-06-21 17.44.25.jpg 2020-06-21 17.44.49.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Gizmo

waterbut filtration

hi i am in the process of making a pond out of sleepers the pond is 6 x 5 foot and approx 30 inch deep , i have got a waterbut that i bought earlier and thinking about filtration for my pond is it...
    hi i am in the process of making a pond out of sleepers the pond is 6 x 5 foot and approx 30 inch deep , i have got a waterbut that i bought earlier and thinking about filtration for my pond is it easy to do as it is my first diy pond from scratch thanks for your advice
    hi i am in the process of making a pond out of sleepers the pond is 6 x 5 foot and approx 30 inch deep , i have got a waterbut that i bought earlier and thinking about filtration for my pond is it easy to do as it is my first diy pond from...
    hi i am in the process of making a pond out of sleepers the pond is 6 x 5 foot and approx 30 inch deep , i have got a waterbut that i bought earlier and thinking about filtration for my pond is it...
    IMG_20210322_133955_resized_20210322_020222602.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Lowey

Where to buy pond plants?

Don't give up on the plants you got last September, they might surprise you and start putting on new growth as the weather warms up.As said, keep an eye / look around your local garden centers...
    Don't give up on the plants you got last September, they might surprise you and start putting on new growth as the weather warms up.As said, keep an eye / look around your local garden centers or aquatic shops for whn their stock arrives; online is always a bit of a gamble, just check the...
    Don't give up on the plants you got last September, they might surprise you and start putting on new growth as the weather warms up.As said, keep an eye / look around your local garden centers or aquatic shops for whn their stock arrives; ...
    Don't give up on the plants you got last September, they might surprise you and start putting on new growth as the weather warms up.As said, keep an eye / look around your local garden centers...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Mitramonday

Bamboo on boundary line...mine, or hers?!

Thanks for that - and yes, I am in communication with her, and wanted to know the 'legality' so that I was forewarned in light of any disagreement. Hopefully she will be ok with me trying to...
    Thanks for that - and yes, I am in communication with her, and wanted to know the 'legality' so that I was forewarned in light of any disagreement. Hopefully she will be ok with me trying to remove it from its present position, at least.
    Thanks for that - and yes, I am in communication with her, and wanted to know the 'legality' so that I was forewarned in light of any disagreement. Hopefully she will be ok with me trying to remove it from its present position, at least.
    Thanks for that - and yes, I am in communication with her, and wanted to know the 'legality' so that I was forewarned in light of any disagreement. Hopefully she will be ok with me trying to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. welshone

Recommended paint for fence

Hi Welshone I think all fence paint these days will be water based. I would advise sticking to the better makes such as Ronseal. Check that it is suitable for spraying though. Lots of colours...
    Hi Welshone I think all fence paint these days will be water based. I would advise sticking to the better makes such as Ronseal. Check that it is suitable for spraying though. Lots of colours available, but as Nigel said watch the other side of the fence, the colour will leach through in...
    Hi Welshone I think all fence paint these days will be water based. I would advise sticking to the better makes such as Ronseal. Check that it is suitable for spraying though. Lots of colours available, but as Nigel said watch the other side of...
    Hi Welshone I think all fence paint these days will be water based. I would advise sticking to the better makes such as Ronseal. Check that it is suitable for spraying though. Lots of colours...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. zilly
    Like x 3

Rain Water Harvesting Tank

Thanks for the info @noisette47 You are probably right when you are saying "There is no such thing as too much water stored".I myself am in a lucky position because we live near a river so a...
    Thanks for the info @noisette47 You are probably right when you are saying "There is no such thing as too much water stored".I myself am in a lucky position because we live near a river so a simple 3 metre well with an electric pump gives us plenty of water all year round.But I would...
    Thanks for the info @noisette47 You are probably right when you are saying "There is no such thing as too much water stored".I myself am in a lucky position because we live near a river so a simple 3 metre well with an electric pump gives us...
    Thanks for the info @noisette47 You are probably right when you are saying "There is no such thing as too much water stored".I myself am in a lucky position because we live near a river so a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. SunWorshiper

Ideas please

It's difficult to give a suggestion without more information. Is the bank north or south facing and does it leave the area at the base of the bank in shade? Is it possible to post a photo of the...
    It's difficult to give a suggestion without more information. Is the bank north or south facing and does it leave the area at the base of the bank in shade? Is it possible to post a photo of the bank?I have a steep north facing bank at the front of the house and collected stone from the...
    It's difficult to give a suggestion without more information. Is the bank north or south facing and does it leave the area at the base of the bank in shade? Is it possible to post a photo of the bank?I have a steep north facing bank at the...
    It's difficult to give a suggestion without more information. Is the bank north or south facing and does it leave the area at the base of the bank in shade? Is it possible to post a photo of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. stumorphmac

Zinc paint

You can get Galvanised spray/paint
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice