1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN JULY 2018 Gail_68, Jul 20, 2018 at 10:13 AM
  2. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
  3. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Slug free growing Mike77, Jul 16, 2018 at 8:39 PM
  4. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: New Porch now added Gail_68, Jul 19, 2018 at 3:25 PM
  5. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Hyundai gardening equipment Mervyn Wilmington, Jul 20, 2018 at 11:01 AM
  6. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
  7. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: Chelsea Flower Show 2018 Verdun, May 26, 2018
  8. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: UNWANTED LIVESTOCK Gail_68, Jun 2, 2018
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Mervyn Wilmington

Cleaning/painting plastic garden furniture

Thanks mom for doing a nice piece work :thumbsup:...suites me down to the gound ;)
    Thanks mom for doing a nice piece work :thumbsup:...suites me down to the gound ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. barrowvian

Garden privacy help / ideas

Just remembered an interesting thing that happened to me, about window watching. Years ago, like 35 years ago, I was renting this beautiful stone house in a town near me. The building next to...
    Just remembered an interesting thing that happened to me, about window watching. Years ago, like 35 years ago, I was renting this beautiful stone house in a town near me. The building next to me was a doctors and lawyers offices. Doctors downstairs and lawyers upstairs. One night, it was...
    Just remembered an interesting thing that happened to me, about window watching. Years ago, like 35 years ago, I was renting this beautiful stone house in a town near me. The building next to me was a doctors and lawyers offices. Doctors...
    Just remembered an interesting thing that happened to me, about window watching. Years ago, like 35 years ago, I was renting this beautiful stone house in a town near me. The building next to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Aldo

Water used to soak woodchips - Would it make for a good "tea" for watering plants?

I am soaking a few hundred litres of woodchips in large containers, in order to inoculate them with mushroom spawn. Given I have no direct water line to my detached garden, watering my plants...
    I am soaking a few hundred litres of woodchips in large containers, in order to inoculate them with mushroom spawn. Given I have no direct water line to my detached garden, watering my plants daily is a pretty labour intensive thing, so every little extra water helps.I was wondering if using...
    I am soaking a few hundred litres of woodchips in large containers, in order to inoculate them with mushroom spawn. Given I have no direct water line to my detached garden, watering my plants daily is a pretty labour intensive thing, so every...
    I am soaking a few hundred litres of woodchips in large containers, in order to inoculate them with mushroom spawn. Given I have no direct water line to my detached garden, watering my plants...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Cbrook85

Does anybody know whats going to happen?

Thanks guys that was helpfull :blue thumb: whats the best time to plant after harvesting?
    Thanks guys that was helpfull :blue thumb: whats the best time to plant after harvesting?
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. SteveC

Open Gardens, Montacute, Somerset

Montacute Village GardensOpen on 21st & 22nd July 2018, 11.00 - 5.00Adults £6.00, children freeMorning coffee, lunches and teas in the Village Hall Plants for saleFree parking (satnavs...
    Montacute Village GardensOpen on 21st & 22nd July 2018, 11.00 - 5.00Adults £6.00, children freeMorning coffee, lunches and teas in the Village Hall Plants for saleFree parking (satnavs use TA15 6UU)Information from 01935 823572 or our village website (search for Montacute)In aid of...
    Montacute Village GardensOpen on 21st & 22nd July 2018, 11.00 - 5.00Adults £6.00, children freeMorning coffee, lunches and teas in the Village Hall Plants for saleFree parking (satnavs use TA15 6UU)Information from 01935 823572 or our...
    Montacute Village GardensOpen on 21st & 22nd July 2018, 11.00 - 5.00Adults £6.00, children freeMorning coffee, lunches and teas in the Village Hall Plants for saleFree parking (satnavs...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. newtothis

information on petrol tools

thank you :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Sirius

Builders sand in the garden

If its soft sand, the type used for brick laying then I'd be inclined to get rid of it.Never had a problem with sharp sand from builders, even builders have standards, and salt is not allowed as...
    If its soft sand, the type used for brick laying then I'd be inclined to get rid of it.Never had a problem with sharp sand from builders, even builders have standards, and salt is not allowed as far as I know, and it only becomes alkaline when you add the cement ;)I've even used ballast for...
    If its soft sand, the type used for brick laying then I'd be inclined to get rid of it.Never had a problem with sharp sand from builders, even builders have standards, and salt is not allowed as far as I know, and it only becomes alkaline when...
    If its soft sand, the type used for brick laying then I'd be inclined to get rid of it.Never had a problem with sharp sand from builders, even builders have standards, and salt is not allowed as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Simon Clawson

Raised beds for a garden corners with access only from the hypotenusa

Always better to do it well the first time with digging! Total embuggerance doing it twice
    Always better to do it well the first time with digging! Total embuggerance doing it twice
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. luciusmaximus

Willow Hedge

Just wondered what your reasoning was lucius? Willow is pretty tough. Dogwoods too though I find and I love their colourful winter stems :)
    Just wondered what your reasoning was lucius? Willow is pretty tough. Dogwoods too though I find and I love their colourful winter stems :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Saliha

Why sunflowers follow the sun?

Hi colo why not join in with the bit of fun in this thread :). TALLEST SUNFLOWER AND LARGEST SUNFLOWER HEAD 2018
    Hi colo why not join in with the bit of fun in this thread :). TALLEST SUNFLOWER AND LARGEST SUNFLOWER HEAD 2018
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Verdun

Wowee!!

Doghouse, if you're feeling deprived of enough gardening you could always pop down here and give a hand. About four hours a day should help out quite a bit. :blue thumb:
    Doghouse, if you're feeling deprived of enough gardening you could always pop down here and give a hand. About four hours a day should help out quite a bit. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. luciusmaximus

Daffodil bulbs

:ThankYou:. The guy was going to throw them away, so I offered them a new home :snorky:
    :ThankYou:. The guy was going to throw them away, so I offered them a new home :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. fumanchu

Help!

I'd need a ladder so long that I'd need binoculars to see the bloody spider lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Sturgeon

Plant care help needed

I’m not particularly green fingered and have a habit of killing plants (accidentally). However, all my house plants are doing well now.I have a fairly high but covered balcony and replaced...
    I’m not particularly green fingered and have a habit of killing plants (accidentally). However, all my house plants are doing well now.I have a fairly high but covered balcony and replaced two topiaries with Bay shrubs after advice from my local gardening centre. I needed something hardy...
    I’m not particularly green fingered and have a habit of killing plants (accidentally). However, all my house plants are doing well now.I have a fairly high but covered balcony and replaced two topiaries with Bay shrubs after advice from my...
    I’m not particularly green fingered and have a habit of killing plants (accidentally). However, all my house plants are doing well now.I have a fairly high but covered balcony and replaced...
    DA8B1841-2953-4AF5-8D6A-18EAD890B414.jpeg 0BAF278E-2616-4B98-BEF9-B1161B2F8F25.jpeg D477FCDB-CE2E-4A85-9F25-59EDA7867E19.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Amy Mahrenholz

Advice on how to obscure unsightly sheds...

The problem with fast growing is that once the area is filled you spend forever keeping it in check. We have a climbing hydrangea and it clings to the fence and looks amazing most of the year...
    The problem with fast growing is that once the area is filled you spend forever keeping it in check. We have a climbing hydrangea and it clings to the fence and looks amazing most of the year even when not in bloom
    The problem with fast growing is that once the area is filled you spend forever keeping it in check. We have a climbing hydrangea and it clings to the fence and looks amazing most of the year even when not in bloom
    The problem with fast growing is that once the area is filled you spend forever keeping it in check. We have a climbing hydrangea and it clings to the fence and looks amazing most of the year...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. shonasdaddy

How can I save this tree please?

This conifer was donated to the Community Garden in July 2015. I only accepted it because it was sitting in a very nice (and heavy) terracotta pot.Unfortunately, my immediate plot...
    This conifer was donated to the Community Garden in July 2015. I only accepted it because it was sitting in a very nice (and heavy) terracotta pot.Unfortunately, my immediate plot neighbour, who is fascinated by all manner of plants and hoards them, clapped eyes on it and so went my...
    This conifer was donated to the Community Garden in July 2015. I only accepted it because it was sitting in a very nice (and heavy) terracotta pot.Unfortunately, my immediate plot neighbour, who is fascinated by all manner of plants and...
    This conifer was donated to the Community Garden in July 2015. I only accepted it because it was sitting in a very nice (and heavy) terracotta pot.Unfortunately, my immediate plot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. kriss

Cosmos seeds and planting!

Ok, it might Lucius :). Often though when annuals are damaged like this they seem not to :noidea: However, if it did it would likely struggle for a few weeks occupying space that something else could. :noidea: Yes,...
    Ok, it might Lucius :). Often though when annuals are damaged like this they seem not to :noidea: However, if it did it would likely struggle for a few weeks occupying space that something else could. :noidea: Yes, staking would help with cosmos but it tends to encourage even more legginess.....much better to...
    Ok, it might Lucius :). Often though when annuals are damaged like this they seem not to :noidea: However, if it did it would likely struggle for a few weeks occupying space that something else could. :noidea: Yes, staking would help with cosmos but it tends to...
    Ok, it might Lucius :). Often though when annuals are damaged like this they seem not to :noidea: However, if it did it would likely struggle for a few weeks occupying space that something else could. :noidea: Yes,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. devs

Turf around nature pond. Add light tall grass..?

Hi devs, sorry for the delay in replying but I've been off the air for a couple of days. There's all sorts of garden projects you can do using the rock and the soil so I'm sure someone with come...
    Hi devs, sorry for the delay in replying but I've been off the air for a couple of days. There's all sorts of garden projects you can do using the rock and the soil so I'm sure someone with come along with some ideas. Visiting other gardens will give you some ideas as well, don't rush into it...
    Hi devs, sorry for the delay in replying but I've been off the air for a couple of days. There's all sorts of garden projects you can do using the rock and the soil so I'm sure someone with come along with some ideas. Visiting other gardens...
    Hi devs, sorry for the delay in replying but I've been off the air for a couple of days. There's all sorts of garden projects you can do using the rock and the soil so I'm sure someone with come...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Mervyn Wilmington

Neudorff plus glysophate?

Perhaps I might now provide an update.My litre of Neudorff weedkiller (from Amazon) arrived last Thursday. Late that afternoon, I applied one 'mix' on four small selected areas of weeds,...
    Perhaps I might now provide an update.My litre of Neudorff weedkiller (from Amazon) arrived last Thursday. Late that afternoon, I applied one 'mix' on four small selected areas of weeds, annual and perennial. It was at the recommended strength and on the basis of attempting full coverage...
    Perhaps I might now provide an update.My litre of Neudorff weedkiller (from Amazon) arrived last Thursday. Late that afternoon, I applied one 'mix' on four small selected areas of weeds, annual and perennial. It was at the recommended...
    Perhaps I might now provide an update.My litre of Neudorff weedkiller (from Amazon) arrived last Thursday. Late that afternoon, I applied one 'mix' on four small selected areas of weeds,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Saliha
    Like x 3

Did you know? - Random gardening tips

Gets tar off your fingers too :whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options