1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. November Photo Comp is now open with a great new theme.! Come and join in.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: The effects of garden lighting? Mike Allen, Nov 17, 2018 at 12:24 AM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Gardening for Mental health Redwing, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Making Leaf Mould Mike Allen, Nov 17, 2018 at 1:18 AM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Caterpillar Mike Allen, Nov 8, 2018
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Recommendation for metal shed? ARMANDII, Nov 16, 2018 at 10:21 PM
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: How to use this tool pete, Nov 14, 2018 at 7:53 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Phalaenopsis from seed. hydrogardener, Nov 12, 2018 at 12:20 PM
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: Pick hops for insomnia! WeeTam, Sep 11, 2018
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: UNWANTED LIVESTOCK Gail_68, Jun 2, 2018
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Vince

Brugs

Well, I'm taking some time out from Brug growing, I find they take up lots of time, worth it, but I've got lazy.;):biggrin:
    Well, I'm taking some time out from Brug growing, I find they take up lots of time, worth it, but I've got lazy.;):biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. medindexer

vertical ceanothus - how to train it to climb in tiny garden

The pot is a little small medindexer......can you plant it in the garden soil there? :) Ceanothus are not really pot plants...they have vigorous spreading roots to support a fast growing...
    The pot is a little small medindexer......can you plant it in the garden soil there? :) Ceanothus are not really pot plants...they have vigorous spreading roots to support a fast growing system.The photo clarifies it now. I had envisioned a plant like Jack Sparrow has in his picture above. ...
    The pot is a little small medindexer......can you plant it in the garden soil there? :) Ceanothus are not really pot plants...they have vigorous spreading roots to support a fast growing system.The photo clarifies it now. I had envisioned a...
    The pot is a little small medindexer......can you plant it in the garden soil there? :) Ceanothus are not really pot plants...they have vigorous spreading roots to support a fast growing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Nishant

Discarding Air Layered Branch

Hello Friends,This year in June, I had air-layered a branch of Pyracantha in my garden. It has been successful with lots of roots. So far so good.However I had a change of mind and I want to...
    Hello Friends,This year in June, I had air-layered a branch of Pyracantha in my garden. It has been successful with lots of roots. So far so good.However I had a change of mind and I want to give the whole bush a tree shape. The branch that I air-layered is quite central to the shape I am...
    Hello Friends,This year in June, I had air-layered a branch of Pyracantha in my garden. It has been successful with lots of roots. So far so good.However I had a change of mind and I want to give the whole bush a tree shape. The branch that I...
    Hello Friends,This year in June, I had air-layered a branch of Pyracantha in my garden. It has been successful with lots of roots. So far so good.However I had a change of mind and I want to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Verdun

Another threat!!

As we had a bad year for any honey bee (none) it wouldn't make much differents but we did have lots of bubble bees so i wont be using any anyway, any Hornets that are about don't last long :catapult:
    As we had a bad year for any honey bee (none) it wouldn't make much differents but we did have lots of bubble bees so i wont be using any anyway, any Hornets that are about don't last long :catapult:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Amy Willshire

Burried Rubbish and rubble

You could always use this one @Amy Willshire ....:yikes: but it can only go in your post when typing it:biggrin:
    You could always use this one @Amy Willshire ....:yikes: but it can only go in your post when typing it:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Verdun

Growing colocasia Black Coral

Fantastic plants @JWK:dbgrtmb: Not something I've really mastered. Tried Taro which did ok for one year only.
    Fantastic plants @JWK:dbgrtmb: Not something I've really mastered. Tried Taro which did ok for one year only.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Verdun

Love your garden

WeeTam, I think I agree. Gardening shows are a bit like cooking shows, entertaining to watch but how often do you actually go on and make the recipe?I tend to search for specific instructional...
    WeeTam, I think I agree. Gardening shows are a bit like cooking shows, entertaining to watch but how often do you actually go on and make the recipe?I tend to search for specific instructional videos on YouTube if I am wanting to learn something particular. TV presenters need to be...
    WeeTam, I think I agree. Gardening shows are a bit like cooking shows, entertaining to watch but how often do you actually go on and make the recipe?I tend to search for specific instructional videos on YouTube if I am wanting to learn...
    WeeTam, I think I agree. Gardening shows are a bit like cooking shows, entertaining to watch but how often do you actually go on and make the recipe?I tend to search for specific instructional...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Verdun
    Friendly x 3

Oh bother!!!!

You need the bad things to happern to apperiate the good things,I always learn by my mistakes :mute:;):doh:
    You need the bad things to happern to apperiate the good things,I always learn by my mistakes :mute:;):doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Verdun

Dont forget nematodes for leatherjackets

We are at leatherjacket nematode time now folks. I have applied mine already....down here mid August is the right time Order your nematodes asap :)
    We are at leatherjacket nematode time now folks. I have applied mine already....down here mid August is the right time Order your nematodes asap :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Stve1973

Planter beds

Can you post a picture Stve1973? Concerning the hydrangea cutting, dont put that in the raised beds. Instead put it in small pot to grow on :) Welcome to the forum :)
    Can you post a picture Stve1973? Concerning the hydrangea cutting, dont put that in the raised beds. Instead put it in small pot to grow on :) Welcome to the forum :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Mervyn Wilmington

Everflow hosepipe?

I gave the Everflow the first proper test this morning. Dragging 40 metres of heavier than usual hose takes a bit more effort. However, it had three very sharp kinks and a couple of fairly...
    I gave the Everflow the first proper test this morning. Dragging 40 metres of heavier than usual hose takes a bit more effort. However, it had three very sharp kinks and a couple of fairly tight bends. The flow was slightly down but still more than good enough. It was wonderful not to...
    I gave the Everflow the first proper test this morning. Dragging 40 metres of heavier than usual hose takes a bit more effort. However, it had three very sharp kinks and a couple of fairly tight bends. The flow was slightly down but...
    I gave the Everflow the first proper test this morning. Dragging 40 metres of heavier than usual hose takes a bit more effort. However, it had three very sharp kinks and a couple of fairly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Darrin

Plant id

Hi Darrin...this pic looks like yours and the pic's a common Ragweed :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. eddybaby

Clematis & Epsom Salts

Clematis often do look brown and tatty on their older foliage at this time of year esp after flowering eddybaby :)
    Clematis often do look brown and tatty on their older foliage at this time of year esp after flowering eddybaby :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. GardeningNewbie

Please help identify fruit tree(s)

Welcome. Probably a plum tree but could be a greengage.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Mervyn Wilmington

Cleaning/painting plastic garden furniture

just so happen to have them in my download file. the only way to upload a pic on this forum.
    just so happen to have them in my download file. the only way to upload a pic on this forum.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Ceb

Any ideasfor this area of the garden

My first thought for your shaded area would be a peaceful place to sit - perfect for hot days like we have at the moment. A seat with an arbour over would be good. The next thing is perfume...
    My first thought for your shaded area would be a peaceful place to sit - perfect for hot days like we have at the moment. A seat with an arbour over would be good. The next thing is perfume which is a must for when you`re just sitting.... a nice old fashioned honeysuckle ''Halliana'' is good...
    My first thought for your shaded area would be a peaceful place to sit - perfect for hot days like we have at the moment. A seat with an arbour over would be good. The next thing is perfume which is a must for when you`re just sitting.... a...
    My first thought for your shaded area would be a peaceful place to sit - perfect for hot days like we have at the moment. A seat with an arbour over would be good. The next thing is perfume...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Verdun

Gotcha!

Yes you can .... snails are easier to send - by air mail :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. barrowvian

Garden privacy help / ideas

Just remembered an interesting thing that happened to me, about window watching. Years ago, like 35 years ago, I was renting this beautiful stone house in a town near me. The building next to...
    Just remembered an interesting thing that happened to me, about window watching. Years ago, like 35 years ago, I was renting this beautiful stone house in a town near me. The building next to me was a doctors and lawyers offices. Doctors downstairs and lawyers upstairs. One night, it was...
    Just remembered an interesting thing that happened to me, about window watching. Years ago, like 35 years ago, I was renting this beautiful stone house in a town near me. The building next to me was a doctors and lawyers offices. Doctors...
    Just remembered an interesting thing that happened to me, about window watching. Years ago, like 35 years ago, I was renting this beautiful stone house in a town near me. The building next to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Aldo

Water used to soak woodchips - Would it make for a good "tea" for watering plants?

I am soaking a few hundred litres of woodchips in large containers, in order to inoculate them with mushroom spawn. Given I have no direct water line to my detached garden, watering my plants...
    I am soaking a few hundred litres of woodchips in large containers, in order to inoculate them with mushroom spawn. Given I have no direct water line to my detached garden, watering my plants daily is a pretty labour intensive thing, so every little extra water helps.I was wondering if using...
    I am soaking a few hundred litres of woodchips in large containers, in order to inoculate them with mushroom spawn. Given I have no direct water line to my detached garden, watering my plants daily is a pretty labour intensive thing, so every...
    I am soaking a few hundred litres of woodchips in large containers, in order to inoculate them with mushroom spawn. Given I have no direct water line to my detached garden, watering my plants...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Cbrook85

Does anybody know whats going to happen?

Thanks guys that was helpfull :blue thumb: whats the best time to plant after harvesting?
    Thanks guys that was helpfull :blue thumb: whats the best time to plant after harvesting?
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options