1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please note - to keep GC running smoothly, from time to time the staff will have to close a long thread and continue it in a new thread. You too can do your bit to help - if you have a long running PM conversation, please terminate the conversation and start a new conversation. For further information, please contact a member of the staff team.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What's Looking Good In October 2017 KFF, Oct 22, 2017 at 8:46 AM
  2. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Using cuttings from conifers Sandy Ground, Oct 18, 2017 at 2:54 PM
  3. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Trouble With Fuschia redstar, Sep 30, 2017
  4. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
  5. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Solid Rubber Tyre Wheelbarrow noisette47, Oct 20, 2017 at 9:42 AM
  6. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Heated Propagator Autumn 2017 pete, Sep 25, 2017
  7. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  8. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Baby bird identification Tetters, Jul 5, 2017
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Verdun

Oh eck Brian

We have a big green plastic bulk bag on the patio , blown in from somewhere ! I hope it has blown all my leaves into the neighbours gardens . With the shape of my garden it usually self clears ...
    We have a big green plastic bulk bag on the patio , blown in from somewhere ! I hope it has blown all my leaves into the neighbours gardens . With the shape of my garden it usually self clears 50% of the leaves , very handy :snorky:
    We have a big green plastic bulk bag on the patio , blown in from somewhere ! I hope it has blown all my leaves into the neighbours gardens . With the shape of my garden it usually self clears 50% of the leaves , very handy :snorky:
    We have a big green plastic bulk bag on the patio , blown in from somewhere ! I hope it has blown all my leaves into the neighbours gardens . With the shape of my garden it usually self clears ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Verdun

Sticking to the subject matter?

Ooooh, you are sooooooooooo close!!!!! (In a round-a-bout sort of way)Suffice to say: SD is male; DD is female.But, it is not my line to call ... I shall let @Sandy Ground have the punch...
    Ooooh, you are sooooooooooo close!!!!! (In a round-a-bout sort of way)Suffice to say: SD is male; DD is female.But, it is not my line to call ... I shall let @Sandy Ground have the punch line to this :snorky:
    Ooooh, you are sooooooooooo close!!!!! (In a round-a-bout sort of way)Suffice to say: SD is male; DD is female.But, it is not my line to call ... I shall let @Sandy Ground have the punch line to this :snorky:
    Ooooh, you are sooooooooooo close!!!!! (In a round-a-bout sort of way)Suffice to say: SD is male; DD is female.But, it is not my line to call ... I shall let @Sandy Ground have the punch...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Verdun
    Like x 3

Heatwave

Very calm day......bright, warm and sun is making an effort :)No damage damage done, surprisingly, in the garden from yesterday's stormGot more JI and horticultural grit to pot up new daphnes...
    Very calm day......bright, warm and sun is making an effort :)No damage damage done, surprisingly, in the garden from yesterday's stormGot more JI and horticultural grit to pot up new daphnes later. Rooted cuttings of daphne odora given me by a neighbour earlier in the year have made amazing...
    Very calm day......bright, warm and sun is making an effort :)No damage damage done, surprisingly, in the garden from yesterday's stormGot more JI and horticultural grit to pot up new daphnes later. Rooted cuttings of daphne odora given me by a...
    Very calm day......bright, warm and sun is making an effort :)No damage damage done, surprisingly, in the garden from yesterday's stormGot more JI and horticultural grit to pot up new daphnes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Verdun

Fair or not?

Going right off topic (as if we ever would on here! :snorky: ) a little known fact about Arnie is that he once dated a girl from the Wigan area.
    Going right off topic (as if we ever would on here! :snorky: ) a little known fact about Arnie is that he once dated a girl from the Wigan area.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Chris M

My first post...and I need an I.D please

Agreed, besides dammeri is a low growing variety so I have got that wrong. One factor though, Chris said...I think...he has never seen flowers on his plant. Escallonias nearly always produce some...
    Agreed, besides dammeri is a low growing variety so I have got that wrong. One factor though, Chris said...I think...he has never seen flowers on his plant. Escallonias nearly always produce some flowers :)
    Agreed, besides dammeri is a low growing variety so I have got that wrong. One factor though, Chris said...I think...he has never seen flowers on his plant. Escallonias nearly always produce some flowers :)
    Agreed, besides dammeri is a low growing variety so I have got that wrong. One factor though, Chris said...I think...he has never seen flowers on his plant. Escallonias nearly always produce some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Verdun

Why is Cornwall best?

Love that Sandy.....made me chuckle :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Verdun

Is Monty right on this one?

Interesting....thanks Sandy :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Snorky85

Moving plants now

Makes sense Snorky:) Yes more space would be good
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. MostlyVegsSouthCotswolds

What Is it Please...

Sow your seeds they are very easy to propogate and lovely plants, they germinate really easily..:thumbsup:
    Sow your seeds they are very easy to propogate and lovely plants, they germinate really easily..:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sweet-pea66
    Like x 17

Won an award !!!

Thanks Sweet pea...White Supreme is on my list :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sweet-pea66
    Like x 9

I'm in Bath in Bloom 2017

You have bunnies !!!!!! I would love to hear all about your little bundles of fluff:). Fantastic garden too.
    You have bunnies !!!!!! I would love to hear all about your little bundles of fluff:). Fantastic garden too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Verdun

The invictus games

Totally agree @Verdun , amazing what these people can do despite what many have been through. They are an inspiration.
    Totally agree @Verdun , amazing what these people can do despite what many have been through. They are an inspiration.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. BeeHappy
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Verdun

My new toy!

I got a leaf blower and vacuum last summer and it is still my favourite gadget in the garden. It is great for lifting autumn leaves and chopping them into bits to make leaf mound, but we have lots...
    I got a leaf blower and vacuum last summer and it is still my favourite gadget in the garden. It is great for lifting autumn leaves and chopping them into bits to make leaf mound, but we have lots of hedges and it is so much easier to lift the trimmings now. I also love how it picks up fallen...
    I got a leaf blower and vacuum last summer and it is still my favourite gadget in the garden. It is great for lifting autumn leaves and chopping them into bits to make leaf mound, but we have lots of hedges and it is so much easier to lift the...
    I got a leaf blower and vacuum last summer and it is still my favourite gadget in the garden. It is great for lifting autumn leaves and chopping them into bits to make leaf mound, but we have lots...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Linz
    Like x 6

Village flower and veg show.

I read through that link you gave me the other day, that blokes gutters and tower on the side of the house was immense! Going down allotment diary blokes route of doing them in tubes in a big...
    I read through that link you gave me the other day, that blokes gutters and tower on the side of the house was immense! Going down allotment diary blokes route of doing them in tubes in a big box.. I got tubes and I have a box..also got enviromesh..:fingers crossed:I got some ailsa Craig onion seeds too.. was...
    I read through that link you gave me the other day, that blokes gutters and tower on the side of the house was immense! Going down allotment diary blokes route of doing them in tubes in a big box.. I got tubes and I have a box..also got...
    I read through that link you gave me the other day, that blokes gutters and tower on the side of the house was immense! Going down allotment diary blokes route of doing them in tubes in a big...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Verdun

Problems with nematode application

I had the same problem. I decanted mine into a metal watering can with a coarse rose, which worked, but it has put me off buying them next year.
    I had the same problem. I decanted mine into a metal watering can with a coarse rose, which worked, but it has put me off buying them next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Mike77

Alternative Lawn - Heath Pearlwort

Update on this. I bough 5 plugs from victoriananursery about a week ago. I've planted them as a test and I'll see how they fair through the winter and spring. If the test is successful and they...
    Update on this. I bough 5 plugs from victoriananursery about a week ago. I've planted them as a test and I'll see how they fair through the winter and spring. If the test is successful and they don't die I'll consider doing the full lawn.
    Update on this. I bough 5 plugs from victoriananursery about a week ago. I've planted them as a test and I'll see how they fair through the winter and spring. If the test is successful and they don't die I'll consider doing the full lawn.
    Update on this. I bough 5 plugs from victoriananursery about a week ago. I've planted them as a test and I'll see how they fair through the winter and spring. If the test is successful and they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Fat Controller
    Like x 4

What will you grow again (including overwintering)

Never overwintered Nepata . But when you buy the plants in spring , they can be easily split to double your plants. Bacopa can flower through to late November . I have grown from seed , but now...
    Never overwintered Nepata . But when you buy the plants in spring , they can be easily split to double your plants. Bacopa can flower through to late November . I have grown from seed , but now prefer the larger flowered plug plants . Would be difficult to over winter without a heated...
    Never overwintered Nepata . But when you buy the plants in spring , they can be easily split to double your plants. Bacopa can flower through to late November . I have grown from seed , but now prefer the larger flowered plug plants . Would be...
    Never overwintered Nepata . But when you buy the plants in spring , they can be easily split to double your plants. Bacopa can flower through to late November . I have grown from seed , but now...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Verdun
    Agree x 7

Right or wrong?

Has you asked, dead calfs from local farms and a few other things :mute:;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Redwing
    Like x 5

A Visit to the Eden Project

Ok. It seems like I may have exaggerated. I found 3 photos. Not particularly good ones at that. I would have taken more but I don't know what I did with them.G.
    Ok. It seems like I may have exaggerated. I found 3 photos. Not particularly good ones at that. I would have taken more but I don't know what I did with them.G.
    Snapseed.jpg IMG_0732.JPG IMG_0738.JPG IMG_0740.JPG IMG_0745.JPG IMG_0746.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options