1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please note - to keep GC running smoothly, from time to time the staff will have to close a long thread and continue it in a new thread. You too can do your bit to help - if you have a long running PM conversation, please terminate the conversation and start a new conversation. For further information, please contact a member of the staff team.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: Getting the best from a Passiflora AndyS, Dec 12, 2017 at 3:40 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Just had a hip replacement. silu, Nov 28, 2017
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: And here it is.... Scrungee, Dec 6, 2017
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Garden Lighting Cliff1932, Dec 8, 2017 at 5:14 PM
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Which lawnmower? JWK, Nov 1, 2017
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Heated Propagator Autumn 2017 pete, Sep 25, 2017
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Baby bird identification Tetters, Jul 5, 2017
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. HarryS

Garden Fleece - How the heck..?

Thanks! Now it is common knowledge that I have a complete lack of class! Not that I'm proud, I also have some with Honda on it and some with Audi too.
    Thanks! Now it is common knowledge that I have a complete lack of class! Not that I'm proud, I also have some with Honda on it and some with Audi too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. chris_elevate

Size of flower bed for runners

Thanks @Scrungee :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Jimb0b

Are these worth selling?

Might be worth watching this sale first.The Marshall Cavendish Encyclopedia of Gardening with index and Monthly guides | eBaysee how it does.If selling is a no go, consider donating to a...
    Might be worth watching this sale first.The Marshall Cavendish Encyclopedia of Gardening with index and Monthly guides | eBaysee how it does.If selling is a no go, consider donating to a local school that has a garden or to a local allotment site where they can use it in their tea cabin...
    Might be worth watching this sale first.The Marshall Cavendish Encyclopedia of Gardening with index and Monthly guides | eBaysee how it does.If selling is a no go, consider donating to a local school that has a garden or to a local...
    Might be worth watching this sale first.The Marshall Cavendish Encyclopedia of Gardening with index and Monthly guides | eBaysee how it does.If selling is a no go, consider donating to a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. BeeHappy

Gardeners Question Time Radio Program

Glass. Glass, glass, glass and glass. Glass.... oh, and did I mention glass? Every single trowel of soil in the garden which I have ever dug up has a piece of clear glass in it. I could have built...
    Glass. Glass, glass, glass and glass. Glass.... oh, and did I mention glass? Every single trowel of soil in the garden which I have ever dug up has a piece of clear glass in it. I could have built a greenhouse and a conservatory with the quantities which have been uncovered over the years.I...
    Glass. Glass, glass, glass and glass. Glass.... oh, and did I mention glass? Every single trowel of soil in the garden which I have ever dug up has a piece of clear glass in it. I could have built a greenhouse and a conservatory with the...
    Glass. Glass, glass, glass and glass. Glass.... oh, and did I mention glass? Every single trowel of soil in the garden which I have ever dug up has a piece of clear glass in it. I could have built...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Verdun
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Verdun

Fair or not?

If bites cause problems, then dont cover it with bark chippings.Everyone knows that some peoples bark chippings are worse than their frost bite! :snorky:
    If bites cause problems, then dont cover it with bark chippings.Everyone knows that some peoples bark chippings are worse than their frost bite! :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. BeeHappy

THE GC GARDENING BOOK CLUB

@Redwing :thankyou: for joining the GCBC and posting the above book's As you say the RSPB book sounds PERfick for me - some great reviews particularly like this one Review Adrian Thomas's highly attractive...
    @Redwing :thankyou: for joining the GCBC and posting the above book's As you say the RSPB book sounds PERfick for me - some great reviews particularly like this one Review Adrian Thomas's highly attractive book will inspire all those who pick it up to turn their gardens into wildlife sanctuaries....
    @Redwing :thankyou: for joining the GCBC and posting the above book's As you say the RSPB book sounds PERfick for me - some great reviews particularly like this one Review Adrian Thomas's highly attractive book will inspire all those who pick it up to...
    @Redwing :thankyou: for joining the GCBC and posting the above book's As you say the RSPB book sounds PERfick for me - some great reviews particularly like this one Review Adrian Thomas's highly attractive...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. BeeHappy

A Year In An English Garden

@Clare G I know i wasn't meant to watch it im saving lots on catch up ...so i can enjoy them tru the winter time ....I do wish there were more gardening programs on at the end of the year..:dunno: to be...
    @Clare G I know i wasn't meant to watch it im saving lots on catch up ...so i can enjoy them tru the winter time ....I do wish there were more gardening programs on at the end of the year..:dunno: to be fair - when are we in to watch the telly when the suns shining :SUNsmile: Like us all, i grab every...
    @Clare G I know i wasn't meant to watch it im saving lots on catch up ...so i can enjoy them tru the winter time ....I do wish there were more gardening programs on at the end of the year..:dunno: to be fair - when are we in to watch the telly when the...
    @Clare G I know i wasn't meant to watch it im saving lots on catch up ...so i can enjoy them tru the winter time ....I do wish there were more gardening programs on at the end of the year..:dunno: to be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. miraflores

gardeners' question time - the potting shed.

@miraflores :goodpost: Kind of you to share the link will enjoy that :thankyou:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Verdun

Oh eck Brian

The old Service saying still applies........baffles brains, Verdun:dunno::whistle::heehee:
    The old Service saying still applies........baffles brains, Verdun:dunno::whistle::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Verdun

Sticking to the subject matter?

Ooooh, you are sooooooooooo close!!!!! (In a round-a-bout sort of way)Suffice to say: SD is male; DD is female.But, it is not my line to call ... I shall let @Sandy Ground have the punch...
    Ooooh, you are sooooooooooo close!!!!! (In a round-a-bout sort of way)Suffice to say: SD is male; DD is female.But, it is not my line to call ... I shall let @Sandy Ground have the punch line to this :snorky:
    Ooooh, you are sooooooooooo close!!!!! (In a round-a-bout sort of way)Suffice to say: SD is male; DD is female.But, it is not my line to call ... I shall let @Sandy Ground have the punch line to this :snorky:
    Ooooh, you are sooooooooooo close!!!!! (In a round-a-bout sort of way)Suffice to say: SD is male; DD is female.But, it is not my line to call ... I shall let @Sandy Ground have the punch...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Verdun
    Like x 3

Heatwave

Very calm day......bright, warm and sun is making an effort :)No damage damage done, surprisingly, in the garden from yesterday's stormGot more JI and horticultural grit to pot up new daphnes...
    Very calm day......bright, warm and sun is making an effort :)No damage damage done, surprisingly, in the garden from yesterday's stormGot more JI and horticultural grit to pot up new daphnes later. Rooted cuttings of daphne odora given me by a neighbour earlier in the year have made amazing...
    Very calm day......bright, warm and sun is making an effort :)No damage damage done, surprisingly, in the garden from yesterday's stormGot more JI and horticultural grit to pot up new daphnes later. Rooted cuttings of daphne odora given me by a...
    Very calm day......bright, warm and sun is making an effort :)No damage damage done, surprisingly, in the garden from yesterday's stormGot more JI and horticultural grit to pot up new daphnes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Chris M

My first post...and I need an I.D please

Agreed, besides dammeri is a low growing variety so I have got that wrong. One factor though, Chris said...I think...he has never seen flowers on his plant. Escallonias nearly always produce some...
    Agreed, besides dammeri is a low growing variety so I have got that wrong. One factor though, Chris said...I think...he has never seen flowers on his plant. Escallonias nearly always produce some flowers :)
    Agreed, besides dammeri is a low growing variety so I have got that wrong. One factor though, Chris said...I think...he has never seen flowers on his plant. Escallonias nearly always produce some flowers :)
    Agreed, besides dammeri is a low growing variety so I have got that wrong. One factor though, Chris said...I think...he has never seen flowers on his plant. Escallonias nearly always produce some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Verdun

Why is Cornwall best?

Love that Sandy.....made me chuckle :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Snorky85

Moving plants now

Makes sense Snorky:) Yes more space would be good
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. MostlyVegsSouthCotswolds

What Is it Please...

Sow your seeds they are very easy to propogate and lovely plants, they germinate really easily..:thumbsup:
    Sow your seeds they are very easy to propogate and lovely plants, they germinate really easily..:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Sweet-pea66
    Like x 17

Won an award !!!

Thanks Sweet pea...White Supreme is on my list :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Sweet-pea66
    Like x 9

I'm in Bath in Bloom 2017

You have bunnies !!!!!! I would love to hear all about your little bundles of fluff:). Fantastic garden too.
    You have bunnies !!!!!! I would love to hear all about your little bundles of fluff:). Fantastic garden too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Verdun

The invictus games

Totally agree @Verdun , amazing what these people can do despite what many have been through. They are an inspiration.
    Totally agree @Verdun , amazing what these people can do despite what many have been through. They are an inspiration.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. BeeHappy
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options