1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
  2. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Compost mixes silu, Jan 24, 2017
  3. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: What did this ? "M", Jan 23, 2017
  4. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Vertical Gardening shiney, Feb 20, 2017 at 8:10 AM
  5. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Long handled pruning saws Scrungee, Feb 9, 2017
  6. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Sweet Peas Snorky85, Dec 23, 2016
  7. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  8. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Chickens. Beckie76, Feb 21, 2017 at 8:31 AM
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. pickle

Bulbs and squirrels

Oh that sounds lovely! Well its true enough that the squirrels don't seem too interested - they've had a little go but not much. No, now it's just the muncjac I've got to stop from nibbling the...
    Oh that sounds lovely! Well its true enough that the squirrels don't seem too interested - they've had a little go but not much. No, now it's just the muncjac I've got to stop from nibbling the tops off!!!
    Oh that sounds lovely! Well its true enough that the squirrels don't seem too interested - they've had a little go but not much. No, now it's just the muncjac I've got to stop from nibbling the tops off!!!
    Oh that sounds lovely! Well its true enough that the squirrels don't seem too interested - they've had a little go but not much. No, now it's just the muncjac I've got to stop from nibbling the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. john558
    Like x 10

Today at Wilkos

Keep checking Kayleigh. My Ramsgate branch has stared putting out seed Potatoes.
    Keep checking Kayleigh. My Ramsgate branch has stared putting out seed Potatoes.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Kandy
    Like x 4

Trees...

While we were away in Somerset a few weeks ago we had a nice walk through one of the local woods and here are a few photos of some of the trees on our walk.I don't think I could live...
    While we were away in Somerset a few weeks ago we had a nice walk through one of the local woods and here are a few photos of some of the trees on our walk.I don't think I could live anywhere where there are no trees.This part of the country has many very old trees in their woods
    While we were away in Somerset a few weeks ago we had a nice walk through one of the local woods and here are a few photos of some of the trees on our walk.I don't think I could live anywhere where there are no trees.This part of the...
    While we were away in Somerset a few weeks ago we had a nice walk through one of the local woods and here are a few photos of some of the trees on our walk.I don't think I could live...
    P1020841.JPG P1020840.JPG P1020837.JPG P1020836.JPG P1020835.JPG P1020834.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Richard Hughes

New Greenhouse

Hello and welcome to the forum Richard.You don't need a concrete slab for a greenhouse. To get it level just dig into the slope at the higher end and use the spoil to build up at the other...
    Hello and welcome to the forum Richard.You don't need a concrete slab for a greenhouse. To get it level just dig into the slope at the higher end and use the spoil to build up at the other end.There are other considerations of course such as orientation to the sun and shading from trees.In...
    Hello and welcome to the forum Richard.You don't need a concrete slab for a greenhouse. To get it level just dig into the slope at the higher end and use the spoil to build up at the other end.There are other considerations of course such as...
    Hello and welcome to the forum Richard.You don't need a concrete slab for a greenhouse. To get it level just dig into the slope at the higher end and use the spoil to build up at the other...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Mowerman

Japenese Knotweed and Invasive Weed Eradication - Change of Career - Advice Needed!

Thanks, I'm a bit out of date but did had a wealth of experience in construction related procurement.
    Thanks, I'm a bit out of date but did had a wealth of experience in construction related procurement.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Dave0w

weed killer

It should only take about five or ten minutes every few weeks or so to pull out the surface weeds from that size area. :blue thumb: :noidea:
    It should only take about five or ten minutes every few weeks or so to pull out the surface weeds from that size area. :blue thumb: :noidea:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Linz

Turning sod over for new border

Thanks M, I'll make it wider :dbgrtmb: don't want to lose too much lawn though..kiddies like to run about! Sorted my shed out today instead ha!No clay thankfully but a lot of rubble, previous people...
    Thanks M, I'll make it wider :dbgrtmb: don't want to lose too much lawn though..kiddies like to run about! Sorted my shed out today instead ha!No clay thankfully but a lot of rubble, previous people threw stones in off the railway banking to level it where I'm digging.. Finding coal beans too :doh:
    Thanks M, I'll make it wider :dbgrtmb: don't want to lose too much lawn though..kiddies like to run about! Sorted my shed out today instead ha!No clay thankfully but a lot of rubble, previous people threw stones in off the railway banking to level it...
    Thanks M, I'll make it wider :dbgrtmb: don't want to lose too much lawn though..kiddies like to run about! Sorted my shed out today instead ha!No clay thankfully but a lot of rubble, previous people...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Ben James

What is this shrub?

Hi Ben, The most common one is called " Rose of Sharon ". I may be wrong but I think "St Johns Wort" only applies to the smaller ones derived from the wild ones.
    Hi Ben, The most common one is called " Rose of Sharon ". I may be wrong but I think "St Johns Wort" only applies to the smaller ones derived from the wild ones.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Nimisgardens

What's this bush called?

Could be either F. Magellanica Gracilis ( which has long arching stems ) or F. Magellanica " Riccartonii " ( more upright and stiffer growth ).No such thing as " Riccardii ", sorry.
    Could be either F. Magellanica Gracilis ( which has long arching stems ) or F. Magellanica " Riccartonii " ( more upright and stiffer growth ).No such thing as " Riccardii ", sorry.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Gillian

Ripening Bell Peppers

Good evening Gillian and welcome to the site. My bit of advice would be, STOP FEEDING.lol lol lol
    Good evening Gillian and welcome to the site. My bit of advice would be, STOP FEEDING.lol lol lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. stu.zzr

Honeysuckle problem.

Gosh, so it is[emoji54]Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. silu
    Friendly x 9

Free plants for anybody who might want them.

You are quite right, I know someone who helps out at a wholesale nursery and the last time they visited they told me, not counting the trees, it would cost in the region of £500,000 to replace all...
    You are quite right, I know someone who helps out at a wholesale nursery and the last time they visited they told me, not counting the trees, it would cost in the region of £500,000 to replace all the plant and quantities of, that I have:wow: Hopefully I will get plenty of takers and not waste lots...
    You are quite right, I know someone who helps out at a wholesale nursery and the last time they visited they told me, not counting the trees, it would cost in the region of £500,000 to replace all the plant and quantities of, that I have:wow:...
    You are quite right, I know someone who helps out at a wholesale nursery and the last time they visited they told me, not counting the trees, it would cost in the region of £500,000 to replace all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Katie K

Help with tree stump!

Dig dig dig...
    Dig dig dig...
    Dig dig dig...
    Dig dig dig...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Max Dread

What to use to protect the inside of a raised bed (part brick part wood)?

I'd use something like this, there are various products.I'm not a fan of liners.:)
    I'd use something like this, there are various products.I'm not a fan of liners.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Thomas2525

Any one no what this plan is it was near blackberry plants

They are cute though, FC.lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Thomas2525
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Max Dread

How to join section of netting to make one large net?

bear in mind that whatever you decide to use will have to be approximately the same strenght of the netting fibres otherwise it will either 1) tear the netting or 2) break/come loose and the net...
    bear in mind that whatever you decide to use will have to be approximately the same strenght of the netting fibres otherwise it will either 1) tear the netting or 2) break/come loose and the net will open again.
    bear in mind that whatever you decide to use will have to be approximately the same strenght of the netting fibres otherwise it will either 1) tear the netting or 2) break/come loose and the net will open again.
    bear in mind that whatever you decide to use will have to be approximately the same strenght of the netting fibres otherwise it will either 1) tear the netting or 2) break/come loose and the net...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Thomas2525

Candy floss grapes

Awww cool they are reli nice like can u buy a plant anywer or do they make it like that from normal plant
    Awww cool they are reli nice like can u buy a plant anywer or do they make it like that from normal plant
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sandra-Tingle
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Steve R

Advice required, fallen tree limb.

Steve, 3 things come to mind 1/ what would have happened had you been working on the plot? 2/ what is the allotment committee doing about it? And 3/ Because of the danger posed by the remaining...
    Steve, 3 things come to mind 1/ what would have happened had you been working on the plot? 2/ what is the allotment committee doing about it? And 3/ Because of the danger posed by the remaining stems, the Parish Council MUST be informed. Never mind upsetting your neighbouring gardener, he...
    Steve, 3 things come to mind 1/ what would have happened had you been working on the plot? 2/ what is the allotment committee doing about it? And 3/ Because of the danger posed by the remaining stems, the Parish Council MUST be informed. Never...
    Steve, 3 things come to mind 1/ what would have happened had you been working on the plot? 2/ what is the allotment committee doing about it? And 3/ Because of the danger posed by the remaining...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options