1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: Help! Frost has killed my dahlias Gilla.Walmsley, Apr 26, 2024 at 2:42 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Which soil improver? fairygirl, Apr 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Compost roller and lawn leveler / lute Zola, Apr 26, 2024 at 1:45 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Oh Dear! Goldenlily26, Apr 26, 2024 at 11:32 AM
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. maej beede

Best Muscle Building Advice From Top Bodybuilders

I think you'll find that this thread will disappear soon. ;) :blue thumb:Staff are all out of the office at the moment and have left the cat in charge. He can't be a***** to do anything about it :noidea:
    I think you'll find that this thread will disappear soon. ;) :blue thumb:Staff are all out of the office at the moment and have left the cat in charge. He can't be a***** to do anything about it :noidea:
    upload_2015-7-16_12-31-4.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. jmoor elaurie

How To Build Muscle Without Adding Fat - Bodybuilding

Put and sis bonds only that's one thing about the saturated as they put insist bonds only and if you're if you're Pure Testo Xplode an animal it puts and sis bonds only up to position Delta now I...
    Put and sis bonds only that's one thing about the saturated as they put insist bonds only and if you're if you're Pure Testo Xplode an animal it puts and sis bonds only up to position Delta now I to Delta numbers from the car box carver towards the map if you start a box is number one K but the...
    Put and sis bonds only that's one thing about the saturated as they put insist bonds only and if you're if you're Pure Testo Xplode an animal it puts and sis bonds only up to position Delta now I to Delta numbers from the car box carver towards...
    Put and sis bonds only that's one thing about the saturated as they put insist bonds only and if you're if you're Pure Testo Xplode an animal it puts and sis bonds only up to position Delta now I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. John in Ireland

Compost

Yes - mix or layer them with plenty of 'greens' (grass cuttings, weeds etc)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Apple Blossom
    Friendly x 13

Just a big THANK YOU

There would have been more but the friendly neighbour liked it so much he stayed for a second cuppa and another piece of cake! Then his son came and had a piece too.... and then the wife...
    There would have been more but the friendly neighbour liked it so much he stayed for a second cuppa and another piece of cake! Then his son came and had a piece too.... and then the wife arrived... so another piece went..... I have a feeling they will be popping around again soon :heehee:
    There would have been more but the friendly neighbour liked it so much he stayed for a second cuppa and another piece of cake! Then his son came and had a piece too.... and then the wife arrived... so another piece went..... I have a feeling they...
    There would have been more but the friendly neighbour liked it so much he stayed for a second cuppa and another piece of cake! Then his son came and had a piece too.... and then the wife...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. TheHound

Are Canary Island Palms heat tolerant?

Canary Island palm thrive in moist cool conditions - might seem weird considering it's origins, but it grows high up in montane, moist north facing slopes.
    Canary Island palm thrive in moist cool conditions - might seem weird considering it's origins, but it grows high up in montane, moist north facing slopes.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Eline

Gardening motivation survey - will you help?

Best thought out gardening survey I've ever participated in.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kavacca

What is growing here?

Its a neighbours field i use for walking in and was just wondering when it would be unwalkable :) Not long it seems!
    Its a neighbours field i use for walking in and was just wondering when it would be unwalkable :) Not long it seems!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Car.crash

Choosing the right topsoil

So for 10 tonnes the price difference is £100, I would be tempted to go for the better/expensive one but it's your money.
    So for 10 tonnes the price difference is £100, I would be tempted to go for the better/expensive one but it's your money.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JackJJW

Parthenocissus henryana

I just tried something, I nabbed a leaf from the one down the road for comparison. Although it doesn't have the colouring yet, the leaf shape and structure is exactly the same, so I think it is...
    I just tried something, I nabbed a leaf from the one down the road for comparison. Although it doesn't have the colouring yet, the leaf shape and structure is exactly the same, so I think it is henryana, just hasn't coloured up yet for some reason.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just tried something, I nabbed a leaf from the one down the road for comparison. Although it doesn't have the colouring yet, the leaf shape and structure is exactly the same, so I think it is henryana, just hasn't coloured up yet for some...
    I just tried something, I nabbed a leaf from the one down the road for comparison. Although it doesn't have the colouring yet, the leaf shape and structure is exactly the same, so I think it is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Jenny namaste
    Like x 11

Show us your Hanging Baskets 2015

They are bright and very colourful @Tony Jones and look full of life. For a first attempt you have done your garden proud. Maybe, next year, a little trailing material such as Nepata or Ivy would...
    They are bright and very colourful @Tony Jones and look full of life. For a first attempt you have done your garden proud. Maybe, next year, a little trailing material such as Nepata or Ivy would balance the mix a bit more, Jenny
    They are bright and very colourful @Tony Jones and look full of life. For a first attempt you have done your garden proud. Maybe, next year, a little trailing material such as Nepata or Ivy would balance the mix a bit more, Jenny
    They are bright and very colourful @Tony Jones and look full of life. For a first attempt you have done your garden proud. Maybe, next year, a little trailing material such as Nepata or Ivy would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Anthony Rogers

How do I kill a Willow ? ? ?

I know hombase does , but a quick phone call is best make sure they have it n also Amazon sell it as well .SBK (IS THE MAKE TO LOOK FOR)
    I know hombase does , but a quick phone call is best make sure they have it n also Amazon sell it as well .SBK (IS THE MAKE TO LOOK FOR)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. AndreM
    Like x 8

In flower in my greenhouse

They do look good!I grow my Zantedeschia outdoors over the summer.Easy. If you're not confidant as to their hardiness (like me) just shove them in the shed for the winter and put them out in...
    They do look good!I grow my Zantedeschia outdoors over the summer.Easy. If you're not confidant as to their hardiness (like me) just shove them in the shed for the winter and put them out in mid to late April.
    They do look good!I grow my Zantedeschia outdoors over the summer.Easy. If you're not confidant as to their hardiness (like me) just shove them in the shed for the winter and put them out in mid to late April.
    They do look good!I grow my Zantedeschia outdoors over the summer.Easy. If you're not confidant as to their hardiness (like me) just shove them in the shed for the winter and put them out in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. NorthantsGeezer

Which plant can't you wait to flower?

Sadly neither of them flowered this year - due to the late frosts we had which killed the emerging blooms :frown:
    Sadly neither of them flowered this year - due to the late frosts we had which killed the emerging blooms :frown:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. kyleleonard
    Like x 8

Career change...

Hey Kyle, I am studying RHS Level 2 right now - mainly for personal interest right now. It's great :) I'm about to sit my second lot of 4 exams on Tuesday (passed the first four back in Feb). If...
    Hey Kyle, I am studying RHS Level 2 right now - mainly for personal interest right now. It's great :) I'm about to sit my second lot of 4 exams on Tuesday (passed the first four back in Feb). If you have any questions, please let me know. Jack
    Hey Kyle, I am studying RHS Level 2 right now - mainly for personal interest right now. It's great :) I'm about to sit my second lot of 4 exams on Tuesday (passed the first four back in Feb). If you have any questions, please let me know. Jack
    Hey Kyle, I am studying RHS Level 2 right now - mainly for personal interest right now. It's great :) I'm about to sit my second lot of 4 exams on Tuesday (passed the first four back in Feb). If...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Anthony Rogers

Beechgrove garden, just made me really laugh :)

:lunapic 130165696578242 5::lunapic 130165696578242 5::lunapic 130165696578242 5::loll::loll::loll: I missed that ! There's a small clump of cleavers/goose grass growing in a corner of my garden. My dog likes to eat it so I decided to leave it there for her. I'm sure it has anti inflammatory...
    :lunapic 130165696578242 5::lunapic 130165696578242 5::lunapic 130165696578242 5::loll::loll::loll: I missed that ! There's a small clump of cleavers/goose grass growing in a corner of my garden. My dog likes to eat it so I decided to leave it there for her. I'm sure it has anti inflammatory properties. My dog has arthritis from an old joint injury and she always looks for cleavers to nibble...
    :lunapic 130165696578242 5::lunapic 130165696578242 5::lunapic 130165696578242 5::loll::loll::loll: I missed that ! There's a small clump of cleavers/goose grass growing in a corner of my garden. My dog likes to eat it so I decided to leave it there for her. I'm sure it has anti inflammatory properties. My dog has arthritis from an old joint...
    :lunapic 130165696578242 5::lunapic 130165696578242 5::lunapic 130165696578242 5::loll::loll::loll: I missed that ! There's a small clump of cleavers/goose grass growing in a corner of my garden. My dog likes to eat it so I decided to leave it there for her. I'm sure it has anti inflammatory...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jiffy

Could this be eaten

Phew! You are in good company with the you know whats. I was told a tale by an Oxbridge botany professor who tried to get high with his mates as an undergrad. They tried it with nutmeg, having...
    Phew! You are in good company with the you know whats. I was told a tale by an Oxbridge botany professor who tried to get high with his mates as an undergrad. They tried it with nutmeg, having read it was hallucinogenic. Which it might well be. The trouble was that were concentrating too much...
    Phew! You are in good company with the you know whats. I was told a tale by an Oxbridge botany professor who tried to get high with his mates as an undergrad. They tried it with nutmeg, having read it was hallucinogenic. Which it might well be....
    Phew! You are in good company with the you know whats. I was told a tale by an Oxbridge botany professor who tried to get high with his mates as an undergrad. They tried it with nutmeg, having...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. blacktulip

Where to buy topsoil in bulk bag

I'm thinking of buying topsoil and getting it from topsoilshop, I've heard some quite good things about them and the bulk end will help do all of my garden. :hapfeet:
    I'm thinking of buying topsoil and getting it from topsoilshop, I've heard some quite good things about them and the bulk end will help do all of my garden. :hapfeet:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Joolz

Laurel Hedging seeds.

There are quite a few seedlings growing at the base of my cherry laurel. If they are of any use to you, I could dig them up and post them to you ? My cherry laurel has flowered recently too so...
    There are quite a few seedlings growing at the base of my cherry laurel. If they are of any use to you, I could dig them up and post them to you ? My cherry laurel has flowered recently too so there will be plenty of berries on it again in late summer/early autumn.
    There are quite a few seedlings growing at the base of my cherry laurel. If they are of any use to you, I could dig them up and post them to you ? My cherry laurel has flowered recently too so there will be plenty of berries on it again in late...
    There are quite a few seedlings growing at the base of my cherry laurel. If they are of any use to you, I could dig them up and post them to you ? My cherry laurel has flowered recently too so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. gatorsuf

Coco coir for raised bed?

Hi gatorsuf, you can buy those coir blocks in 5 kilo blocks. Each one when soaked expands to make approx 70 litres. I buy them from a seller on ebay who sells garden supplies. The 5 x 5kg blocks I...
    Hi gatorsuf, you can buy those coir blocks in 5 kilo blocks. Each one when soaked expands to make approx 70 litres. I buy them from a seller on ebay who sells garden supplies. The 5 x 5kg blocks I have just bought cost only £24.95. Those 5 blocks make approx 350 litres of coir compost when...
    Hi gatorsuf, you can buy those coir blocks in 5 kilo blocks. Each one when soaked expands to make approx 70 litres. I buy them from a seller on ebay who sells garden supplies. The 5 x 5kg blocks I have just bought cost only £24.95. Those 5 blocks...
    Hi gatorsuf, you can buy those coir blocks in 5 kilo blocks. Each one when soaked expands to make approx 70 litres. I buy them from a seller on ebay who sells garden supplies. The 5 x 5kg blocks I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. simon n
    Like x 3

Gardeners World Live

Great pics. I was there today too, a nice day out.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice