1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening News RSS Feeds

New News via External RSS feeds

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. News feed | RHS Gardening

A Fresh Look at Sculpture

RHS commissions 3.8m sculptures to celebrate FreshContinue reading...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. News feed | RHS Gardening

A feast for rose lovers

Romance & roses is a heady combination and our 2012 theme to celebrate this popular plant.Continue reading...
    Romance & roses is a heady combination and our 2012 theme to celebrate this popular plant.Continue reading...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Vegetable Gardening:

A European bean feast at Glenham House

At Glemham House kitchen garden in Suffolk, beans are dried for use all through the winter, not left on the compost heapContinue reading...
    At Glemham House kitchen garden in Suffolk, beans are dried for use all through the winter, not left on the compost heapContinue reading...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Vegetable Gardening:

A European bean feast at Glemham House

Replies:
    Views:
  5. - Gardening RSS Feed

A cut above: How Ellie and Anna became experts in lacy ammi, English lilacs and witchy...

I can't hold a figure as big as a trillion in my mind. The '0's keep dropping off the side and, inexplicably, turning into sheep. So when I'm told that 23 trillion cut flowers are bought every...
    I can't hold a figure as big as a trillion in my mind. The '0's keep dropping off the side and, inexplicably, turning into sheep. So when I'm told that 23 trillion cut flowers are bought every year (that's a worldwide estimate) I can only nod, hoping that at least I look as though I...
    I can't hold a figure as big as a trillion in my mind. The '0's keep dropping off the side and, inexplicably, turning into sheep. So when I'm told that 23 trillion cut flowers are bought every year (that's a worldwide estimate) I can only nod,...
    I can't hold a figure as big as a trillion in my mind. The '0's keep dropping off the side and, inexplicably, turning into sheep. So when I'm told that 23 trillion cut flowers are bought every...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. - Gardening RSS Feed

A buzz in the air: The best plants for bumblebees

It's been a great year for bumblebees in our garden. Mostly, I suspect, because badgers have not dug up all the nests, as they usually do. I wonder what they are killing instead? They finished...
    It's been a great year for bumblebees in our garden. Mostly, I suspect, because badgers have not dug up all the nests, as they usually do. I wonder what they are killing instead? They finished off the hedgehogs in this area, a long time ago. They roll them over and bite out their soft...
    It's been a great year for bumblebees in our garden. Mostly, I suspect, because badgers have not dug up all the nests, as they usually do. I wonder what they are killing instead? They finished off the hedgehogs in this area, a long time ago....
    It's been a great year for bumblebees in our garden. Mostly, I suspect, because badgers have not dug up all the nests, as they usually do. I wonder what they are killing instead? They finished...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. News feed | RHS Gardening

A brief history of the show

Find out more about the history of the Malvern Spring Gardening ShowContinue reading...
    Find out more about the history of the Malvern Spring Gardening ShowContinue reading...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Botanic Gardens

A Big Picnic kicks-off across Europe and in Africa

Continue reading...
    Continue reading...
    Continue reading...
    Continue reading...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Vegetable Gardening:

A beginner's guide to starting a veg garden

There's no time like the present to grow your own food supply, says Toby Buckland - here's how.Continue reading...
    There's no time like the present to grow your own food supply, says Toby Buckland - here's how.Continue reading...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. News feed | RHS Gardening

A 'magical' experience

Exclusive video interview with Chris Beardshaw, designer of The Arthritis Research UK Garden 2013.Continue reading...
    Exclusive video interview with Chris Beardshaw, designer of The Arthritis Research UK Garden 2013.Continue reading...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Botanic Gardens

83 percent of Madagascan palms face extinction

The latest update of The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species was released today (17th October 2012). The total number of species included in the updated list is 65,518, of which 20,219 are...
    The latest update of The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species was released today (17th October 2012). The total number of species included in the updated list is 65,518, of which 20,219 are threatened with extinction.Continue reading...
    The latest update of The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species was released today (17th October 2012). The total number of species included in the updated list is 65,518, of which 20,219 are threatened with extinction.Continue reading...
    The latest update of The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species was released today (17th October 2012). The total number of species included in the updated list is 65,518, of which 20,219 are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Botanic Gardens

70th anniversary of the Arturo E. Ragonese Botanic Garden

The Arturo E. Ragonese Botanic Garden in Buenos Aires, Argentina celebrated its 70th anniversary in October.Continue reading...
    The Arturo E. Ragonese Botanic Garden in Buenos Aires, Argentina celebrated its 70th anniversary in October.Continue reading...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Botanic Gardens

6th Southeast Asia Botanic Garden Network Conference - Bringing together SEA’s botanic...

The 6th SEABG Network Meeting was held in Bidoup-Nuiba National Park, Vietnam from April 24-28.Continue reading...
    The 6th SEABG Network Meeting was held in Bidoup-Nuiba National Park, Vietnam from April 24-28.Continue reading...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Botanic Gardens

60 year project documenting plants of East Africa celebrated at Kew Gardens

The completion of The Flora of Tropical East Africa (FTEA) marks a significant milestone in East African conservation and botany. This vast 60 year project involved documenting and furthering...
    The completion of The Flora of Tropical East Africa (FTEA) marks a significant milestone in East African conservation and botany. This vast 60 year project involved documenting and furthering knowledge of the region’s 12,104 wild plant species, including many plant new to science.Continue...
    The completion of The Flora of Tropical East Africa (FTEA) marks a significant milestone in East African conservation and botany. This vast 60 year project involved documenting and furthering knowledge of the region’s 12,104 wild plant species,...
    The completion of The Flora of Tropical East Africa (FTEA) marks a significant milestone in East African conservation and botany. This vast 60 year project involved documenting and furthering...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Botanic Gardens

5th Global Botanic Gardens Congress opens with Maori blessing in Dunedin

Over 300 delegates from 43 countries were present at the opening of the 5th Global Botanic Gardens Congress (5GBGC) in Dunedin, New Zealand. The congress is being held in partnership with the 6th...
    Over 300 delegates from 43 countries were present at the opening of the 5th Global Botanic Gardens Congress (5GBGC) in Dunedin, New Zealand. The congress is being held in partnership with the 6th Biennial Botanic Gardens of Australia and New Zealand (BGANZ) Congress.Continue reading...
    Over 300 delegates from 43 countries were present at the opening of the 5th Global Botanic Gardens Congress (5GBGC) in Dunedin, New Zealand. The congress is being held in partnership with the 6th Biennial Botanic Gardens of Australia and New...
    Over 300 delegates from 43 countries were present at the opening of the 5th Global Botanic Gardens Congress (5GBGC) in Dunedin, New Zealand. The congress is being held in partnership with the 6th...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Botanic Gardens

5GBGC - latest news

Nearly 300 people from over 40 countries have now registered for the Congress and the scientific programme has been finalised. All the latest news and information about the congress is provided...
    Nearly 300 people from over 40 countries have now registered for the Congress and the scientific programme has been finalised. All the latest news and information about the congress is provided here.Continue reading...
    Nearly 300 people from over 40 countries have now registered for the Congress and the scientific programme has been finalised. All the latest news and information about the congress is provided here.Continue reading...
    Nearly 300 people from over 40 countries have now registered for the Congress and the scientific programme has been finalised. All the latest news and information about the congress is provided...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. News feed | RHS Gardening

4 Golds for Joe at Chelsea

Joe Massie is RHS Young Chelsea Florist for the fourth time.Continue reading...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Botanic Gardens

3rd Science in Botanic Gardens Congress to be held in Gran Canaria, April 1-4, 2014

The 3rd Science in Botanic Gardens Congress will be held from Tuesday April 1st - Friday April 4th, 2014 at the Viera y Clavijo Botanical Garden in Gran Canaria.Continue reading...
    The 3rd Science in Botanic Gardens Congress will be held from Tuesday April 1st - Friday April 4th, 2014 at the Viera y Clavijo Botanical Garden in Gran Canaria.Continue reading...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Botanic Gardens

3rd Science in Botanic Gardens Congress - call for papers

The 3rd Science in Botanic gardens Science Congress will take place from 1 -4 April 2014 in Gran Canaria. The call for papers is now open - deadline 1st March 2014.Continue reading...
    The 3rd Science in Botanic gardens Science Congress will take place from 1 -4 April 2014 in Gran Canaria. The call for papers is now open - deadline 1st March 2014.Continue reading...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Botanic Gardens

30% of Nothofagus species threatened with extinction

The Red List of Nothofagus was published this month (February) by BGCI and has revealed that 30% of all Nothofagus species are threatened with extinction. This is the latest publication for the...
    The Red List of Nothofagus was published this month (February) by BGCI and has revealed that 30% of all Nothofagus species are threatened with extinction. This is the latest publication for the Global Tree Assessment.Continue reading...
    The Red List of Nothofagus was published this month (February) by BGCI and has revealed that 30% of all Nothofagus species are threatened with extinction. This is the latest publication for the Global Tree Assessment.Continue reading...
    The Red List of Nothofagus was published this month (February) by BGCI and has revealed that 30% of all Nothofagus species are threatened with extinction. This is the latest publication for the...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice