1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Following recent events, the Admin Team have a message for all members, which we hope will give some explanation and information.

We would be grateful if you could take the time to have a read. Thank you.

Click Here For More Info
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. PaulB3

Am I morally wrong ?

Always nice to read a happy ending :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Snorky85

What type of hedge?

Ok a bit of a daft idea maybe but.......... box hedging in substantial classy planters ?
    Ok a bit of a daft idea maybe but.......... box hedging in substantial classy planters ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Upsydaisy
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. SimonZ
    Like x 8

Viburnum bodnantense in bloom

We have Dawn which is in flower at the moment and the smell is fantastic.:yes: If mine appears to be getting a bit out of hand I give it a light pruning and that usually sorts it out.:biggrin:
    We have Dawn which is in flower at the moment and the smell is fantastic.:yes: If mine appears to be getting a bit out of hand I give it a light pruning and that usually sorts it out.:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ARMANDII

WHAT JOBS ARE WE DOING IN THE GARDEN TODAY 2018

NEW THREAD HEREWHAT JOBS ARE WE DOING IN THE GARDEN TODAY 2019
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Zigs
    Like x 10

WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN DECEMBER 2018

Spanish Moss, Tillandsia usneoides was named by the first botanists to classify it due to it's similarity to (or reminded them of) that species of lichen which is Usnea.
    Spanish Moss, Tillandsia usneoides was named by the first botanists to classify it due to it's similarity to (or reminded them of) that species of lichen which is Usnea.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jack Sparrow

Perennial ground cover to underplant shady tree.

Soil beneath trees tends to be on the dry side so what about Tiarella. There's Tiarella "Running Tiger" which has white flowers and flowers from May to August and can be grown in partial to full...
    Soil beneath trees tends to be on the dry side so what about Tiarella. There's Tiarella "Running Tiger" which has white flowers and flowers from May to August and can be grown in partial to full shade.
    Soil beneath trees tends to be on the dry side so what about Tiarella. There's Tiarella "Running Tiger" which has white flowers and flowers from May to August and can be grown in partial to full shade.
    Soil beneath trees tends to be on the dry side so what about Tiarella. There's Tiarella "Running Tiger" which has white flowers and flowers from May to August and can be grown in partial to full...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. martin-f

Pots and planters

What a lovely thread. I have a sunny patio and grow quite a variety of plants, a fig being my favourite. It produced a few fruits for me this last summer. I also like to grow annuals from seed;...
    What a lovely thread. I have a sunny patio and grow quite a variety of plants, a fig being my favourite. It produced a few fruits for me this last summer. I also like to grow annuals from seed; these give me lots of scent, colour and variety for each season.
    What a lovely thread. I have a sunny patio and grow quite a variety of plants, a fig being my favourite. It produced a few fruits for me this last summer. I also like to grow annuals from seed; these give me lots of scent, colour and variety for...
    What a lovely thread. I have a sunny patio and grow quite a variety of plants, a fig being my favourite. It produced a few fruits for me this last summer. I also like to grow annuals from seed;...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. longk
    Like x 6

I've Been Googling Plants

Bloomin lovely :) Quite sweet :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Kenny MacConnachie

Mutated Rosemary

I don't see any reason why it couldn't grow from the rosemary if a seed landed on it.On a larger scale, I have a 10ft field maple growing out of a junction in my willow tree 15ft from the...
    I don't see any reason why it couldn't grow from the rosemary if a seed landed on it.On a larger scale, I have a 10ft field maple growing out of a junction in my willow tree 15ft from the ground. The roots of it are at least 5ft long as I can see them coming down from above, through the...
    I don't see any reason why it couldn't grow from the rosemary if a seed landed on it.On a larger scale, I have a 10ft field maple growing out of a junction in my willow tree 15ft from the ground. The roots of it are at least 5ft long as I can...
    I don't see any reason why it couldn't grow from the rosemary if a seed landed on it.On a larger scale, I have a 10ft field maple growing out of a junction in my willow tree 15ft from the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Janet mahay

Pinks flowering???

Its o.k. I did the same posted twice lol thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Janet mahay

Pink kisses flowering????

Sent 2 by mistake sorry
    Sent 2 by mistake sorry
    Sent 2 by mistake sorry
    Sent 2 by mistake sorry
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. SimonZ

Perovskia "Blue Spire."

SimonZ......not too complicated. Wait until spring and then prune to a few inches of the ground if you want a more bushy plant...as I do....or to a little higher. (Stems will be less lax too if...
    SimonZ......not too complicated. Wait until spring and then prune to a few inches of the ground if you want a more bushy plant...as I do....or to a little higher. (Stems will be less lax too if you cut harder) Cut to where lowest new shoots are growing; you can see then which stems are dead...
    SimonZ......not too complicated. Wait until spring and then prune to a few inches of the ground if you want a more bushy plant...as I do....or to a little higher. (Stems will be less lax too if you cut harder) Cut to where lowest new shoots...
    SimonZ......not too complicated. Wait until spring and then prune to a few inches of the ground if you want a more bushy plant...as I do....or to a little higher. (Stems will be less lax too if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. SimonZ
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Doghouse Riley

A Bit of Housekeeping

The acres look stunning. Its a tree that we have never had success at growing. Probably due to our south facing location and being on limestone.
    The acres look stunning. Its a tree that we have never had success at growing. Probably due to our south facing location and being on limestone.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. longk
    Like x 9

Which plants were truly outstanding in your garden in 2018?

Tithonias did well as did Salvia coccinea, but the stand out performers were the Ipomea and Mina lobata that grew, flowered and climbed all over the place, they kept going until well into October.
    Tithonias did well as did Salvia coccinea, but the stand out performers were the Ipomea and Mina lobata that grew, flowered and climbed all over the place, they kept going until well into October.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. SimonZ
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Webmaster
    Like x 8

Thank You for your Donations ....

Just don’t drink it all at once, ok? :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. longk

What were your best new plants of 2018?

It's an Epiphyllum hybrid.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Stigofthe

Suprise to see in December

We have that one, I think, flowering as well.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options