1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Following recent events, the Admin Team have a message for all members, which we hope will give some explanation and information.

We would be grateful if you could take the time to have a read. Thank you.

Click Here For More Info
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. eddybaby

Broken Tree

:gmorning:and :thankyou: I'll have another look at it and see what I can do.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Zigs

Amphibious Persicaria

Oh no.............
    Oh no.............
    Oh no.............
    Oh no.............
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Zigs

Very Old Tree

You'm right Pete :)UK's first Wollemi pines from seed | Kew
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Sarah Eley

What to plant?

Thanks everyone. Great ideas!Assumed co.uk was for British gardeners so apols for that. Am in UK.:)
    Thanks everyone. Great ideas!Assumed co.uk was for British gardeners so apols for that. Am in UK.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Zigs
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Freddy

Evergreen Clematis

I love them all, Freddy. In a good year you can smell the blossom 25 yards away, and now that the Seasons seem to be blurring you shouldn't be surprised if they flower earlier than Spring and...
    I love them all, Freddy. In a good year you can smell the blossom 25 yards away, and now that the Seasons seem to be blurring you shouldn't be surprised if they flower earlier than Spring and then repeat flowering during the year,:coffee::snorky: Don't worry if some of the plant's leaves turn brown during...
    I love them all, Freddy. In a good year you can smell the blossom 25 yards away, and now that the Seasons seem to be blurring you shouldn't be surprised if they flower earlier than Spring and then repeat flowering during the year,:coffee::snorky: Don't worry...
    I love them all, Freddy. In a good year you can smell the blossom 25 yards away, and now that the Seasons seem to be blurring you shouldn't be surprised if they flower earlier than Spring and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Freddy

Rose/Clematis Combination

Good evening @Freddy great choice my friendMedium yellow Large-Flowered Climber. Registration name: Golden Showers Bred by Dr. Walter E. Lammerts (United States, circa 1950). Introduced in...
    Good evening @Freddy great choice my friendMedium yellow Large-Flowered Climber. Registration name: Golden Showers Bred by Dr. Walter E. Lammerts (United States, circa 1950). Introduced in United States by Germain's (Germain Seed & Plant Co.)in 1956 as 'Golden Showers'. Introduced in...
    Good evening @Freddy great choice my friendMedium yellow Large-Flowered Climber. Registration name: Golden Showers Bred by Dr. Walter E. Lammerts (United States, circa 1950). Introduced in United States by Germain's (Germain Seed & Plant...
    Good evening @Freddy great choice my friendMedium yellow Large-Flowered Climber. Registration name: Golden Showers Bred by Dr. Walter E. Lammerts (United States, circa 1950). Introduced in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. eddybaby
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Janet mahay

advice appreciated

Thanks I have never grown them but I now have a better idea :ThankYou:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. alana

Editing Garden for 2019

Heathen! :heehee:Given your soil conditions you could do worse than Salvia sclarea............. Salvia sclarea var. turkestanica by longk48, on FlickrOnce established it has a very long season and...
    Heathen! :heehee:Given your soil conditions you could do worse than Salvia sclarea............. Salvia sclarea var. turkestanica by longk48, on FlickrOnce established it has a very long season and puts on a terrific show.............. Salvia sclarea var. turkestanica by longk48, on FlickrSalvia...
    Heathen! :heehee:Given your soil conditions you could do worse than Salvia sclarea............. Salvia sclarea var. turkestanica by longk48, on FlickrOnce established it has a very long season and puts on a terrific show.............. Salvia sclarea...
    Heathen! :heehee:Given your soil conditions you could do worse than Salvia sclarea............. Salvia sclarea var. turkestanica by longk48, on FlickrOnce established it has a very long season and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. eddybaby

Japanese Maple Looking a Bit Sad

Hi there. I planted this earlier this year as a new plant and it's thrived so far. As I've never had one before I'm not sure if the leaf drop in the middle and the grey coloured stems are normal?...
    Hi there. I planted this earlier this year as a new plant and it's thrived so far. As I've never had one before I'm not sure if the leaf drop in the middle and the grey coloured stems are normal? Or is there something wrong??? Thank you.
    Hi there. I planted this earlier this year as a new plant and it's thrived so far. As I've never had one before I'm not sure if the leaf drop in the middle and the grey coloured stems are normal? Or is there something wrong??? Thank you.
    Hi there. I planted this earlier this year as a new plant and it's thrived so far. As I've never had one before I'm not sure if the leaf drop in the middle and the grey coloured stems are normal?...
    20181021_114845.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Freddy

Geopod

Yes. Essentially I have 20 ft of those string lights altogether for each area. That's assuming they have the same [email protected] that loks like a good deal!
    Yes. Essentially I have 20 ft of those string lights altogether for each area. That's assuming they have the same intens[email protected] that loks like a good deal!
    Yes. Essentially I have 20 ft of those string lights altogether for each area. That's assuming they have the same [email protected] that loks like a good deal!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. eddybaby

Coriander

UPDATE Well the coriander is faring well. I'm covering it at night and then exposing it to all this lovely sunshine we've been having during the day. So far so good. :dbgrtmb:
    UPDATE Well the coriander is faring well. I'm covering it at night and then exposing it to all this lovely sunshine we've been having during the day. So far so good. :dbgrtmb:
    20180918_120421.jpg 20181020_140608.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jack Sparrow

Garden planting stage 1

This is about as much as I can to this for now. It actually looks a lot better in life than it does in this photo. There are also a few spring bulbs dotted about in there that should brighten it...
    This is about as much as I can to this for now. It actually looks a lot better in life than it does in this photo. There are also a few spring bulbs dotted about in there that should brighten it up a bit.Next year (hopefully) I shall be in a position to fill in the gap behind the barrel and...
    This is about as much as I can to this for now. It actually looks a lot better in life than it does in this photo. There are also a few spring bulbs dotted about in there that should brighten it up a bit.Next year (hopefully) I shall be in a...
    This is about as much as I can to this for now. It actually looks a lot better in life than it does in this photo. There are also a few spring bulbs dotted about in there that should brighten it...
    20180407_152655.jpg 20180508_195408.jpg 20180508_195429.jpg 20180508_195439.jpg 20180509_123507.jpg geum tangerine sept 17.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. silu

Which would you move?

Excellent Silu :) Feedback is always great. Thanks :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jack Sparrow
    Like x 5

Creating winter interest.

My summer hanging baskets are now well and truly dead ( apart from the ivy of course). Is there anything I can put in them to see them through the winter?G.
    My summer hanging baskets are now well and truly dead ( apart from the ivy of course). Is there anything I can put in them to see them through the winter?G.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg 1537708_10205094801393518_8041944611099822157_o.jpg 200_s.gif 20171027_140341.jpg tree garden mock up 2017.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Selleri

Is it worth saving my Gladiolus bulbs?

Here in the Cotswolds it gets disproportionately cold and they survive. The only ones that I ever needed to lift was Gladiolus murielae (Acidanthera).
    Here in the Cotswolds it gets disproportionately cold and they survive. The only ones that I ever needed to lift was Gladiolus murielae (Acidanthera).
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Mike Allen

YOU and todays 'Climate change'.

September 15, 1979, I have watched that date since then. the weather is always the same. Perfect blue skies, puffy white clouds, never rains. Rains on the 14th sometime, and yes on the 13th....
    September 15, 1979, I have watched that date since then. the weather is always the same. Perfect blue skies, puffy white clouds, never rains. Rains on the 14th sometime, and yes on the 13th. But never on the 15th. And the temp a lovely 72 degrees always. So my little study says, I see...
    September 15, 1979, I have watched that date since then. the weather is always the same. Perfect blue skies, puffy white clouds, never rains. Rains on the 14th sometime, and yes on the 13th. But never on the 15th. And the temp a lovely 72...
    September 15, 1979, I have watched that date since then. the weather is always the same. Perfect blue skies, puffy white clouds, never rains. Rains on the 14th sometime, and yes on the 13th....
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. trogre

Fuchsia Triphylla Koralle Cuttings

I've only grown Thallia of this type, I'm not really a fuchsia grower as such.But I usually take cuttings in spring from new growth, or a couple of months ago, to overwinter. Usually try to find...
    I've only grown Thallia of this type, I'm not really a fuchsia grower as such.But I usually take cuttings in spring from new growth, or a couple of months ago, to overwinter. Usually try to find a non flowering shoot with the leaves in threes around the stem. You get a bushier plant that way.
    I've only grown Thallia of this type, I'm not really a fuchsia grower as such.But I usually take cuttings in spring from new growth, or a couple of months ago, to overwinter. Usually try to find a non flowering shoot with the leaves in threes...
    I've only grown Thallia of this type, I'm not really a fuchsia grower as such.But I usually take cuttings in spring from new growth, or a couple of months ago, to overwinter. Usually try to find...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. trogre

Overwintering Fuschias

Prune mine back,hang in garage by window,leave them till signs of fresh shoots,bring into conservatory,usually works out.
    Prune mine back,hang in garage by window,leave them till signs of fresh shoots,bring into conservatory,usually works out.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options