1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. davemachin

HELP NEEDED

What weekend are you thinking of and where abouts is the nursing home? I may be able to help depending on where\when. lisa
    What weekend are you thinking of and where abouts is the nursing home? I may be able to help depending on where\when. lisa
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. foxtrot

The hidden bulb trap

I was going to say, Revin that discipline the the key word I have trouble with & when I read further down you post, I see that you also do the same thing. Obviously keen gardeners are alll the...
    I was going to say, Revin that discipline the the key word I have trouble with & when I read further down you post, I see that you also do the same thing. Obviously keen gardeners are alll the same, we just can't resist a stunning plant!
    I was going to say, Revin that discipline the the key word I have trouble with & when I read further down you post, I see that you also do the same thing. Obviously keen gardeners are alll the same, we just can't resist a stunning plant!
    I was going to say, Revin that discipline the the key word I have trouble with & when I read further down you post, I see that you also do the same thing. Obviously keen gardeners are alll the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. fothers

plants for paving gaps

Try planting camomile, this should grow there, and i t will smell nice to
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. streakz

need some information

Thanks so much - I've always though LOL meant lots of love...! that would explain - oh well...
    Thanks so much - I've always though LOL meant lots of love...! that would explain - oh well...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. pete

in flower

Turl I was referring to the buds on mine, but they look OK. Dont worry about the grem. ;)
    Turl I was referring to the buds on mine, but they look OK. Dont worry about the grem. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Lucy

hopeless gardener

For good summer colour with very little risk have you tried annual flower seeds? Just follow the instructions on the back of the packet and you cant really go wrong. The only tip i have is to...
    For good summer colour with very little risk have you tried annual flower seeds? Just follow the instructions on the back of the packet and you cant really go wrong. The only tip i have is to make sure you sow in lines (they can be wiggly if you like)as this makes it easier to identify the...
    For good summer colour with very little risk have you tried annual flower seeds? Just follow the instructions on the back of the packet and you cant really go wrong. The only tip i have is to make sure you sow in lines (they can be wiggly if...
    For good summer colour with very little risk have you tried annual flower seeds? Just follow the instructions on the back of the packet and you cant really go wrong. The only tip i have is to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. gippeswyk

pampas grass

Thank you Basse and Pete for your prompt response to my question, Will be out there tomorrow weather permitting with heavt duty gloves and cutting inpliments. I take it this is the right time to...
    Thank you Basse and Pete for your prompt response to my question, Will be out there tomorrow weather permitting with heavt duty gloves and cutting inpliments. I take it this is the right time to cut it back. Many thanks Vee
    Thank you Basse and Pete for your prompt response to my question, Will be out there tomorrow weather permitting with heavt duty gloves and cutting inpliments. I take it this is the right time to cut it back. Many thanks Vee
    Thank you Basse and Pete for your prompt response to my question, Will be out there tomorrow weather permitting with heavt duty gloves and cutting inpliments. I take it this is the right time to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Flora Poste

mare's-tail

I remember watching a garden programme, I think it was 'a year at kew' where they were dealing with mares tail and they stamped up and down on it before spraying with herbicide, to bruise the...
    I remember watching a garden programme, I think it was 'a year at kew' where they were dealing with mares tail and they stamped up and down on it before spraying with herbicide, to bruise the stems so that the herbicide could penetrate better. The series is being repeated on BBC 1 on fridays at...
    I remember watching a garden programme, I think it was 'a year at kew' where they were dealing with mares tail and they stamped up and down on it before spraying with herbicide, to bruise the stems so that the herbicide could penetrate better....
    I remember watching a garden programme, I think it was 'a year at kew' where they were dealing with mares tail and they stamped up and down on it before spraying with herbicide, to bruise the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. alanscott32

plant plugs

thanks for the info
    thanks for the info
    thanks for the info
    thanks for the info
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. andy

Top Dressing

thanks - i'll not go to the gym over the weekend and i'll ask the wife to put some beers in the fridge for when i've finished !
    thanks - i'll not go to the gym over the weekend and i'll ask the wife to put some beers in the fridge for when i've finished !
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. JFW

acid soil plants

One ammusing story (or not so for the chap concerned)that was in Garden news about someone who saved rainwater in a garden tub especially for watering his acid loving plants..until he noticed many...
    One ammusing story (or not so for the chap concerned)that was in Garden news about someone who saved rainwater in a garden tub especially for watering his acid loving plants..until he noticed many of them looking sickly with pale yellowing leaves..this had him puzzled for a few weeks until he...
    One ammusing story (or not so for the chap concerned)that was in Garden news about someone who saved rainwater in a garden tub especially for watering his acid loving plants..until he noticed many of them looking sickly with pale yellowing...
    One ammusing story (or not so for the chap concerned)that was in Garden news about someone who saved rainwater in a garden tub especially for watering his acid loving plants..until he noticed many...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. mummys girl

assistance needed please !!

Try Barnsdale Gardens, Geoff Hamiltons old garden. They do tours etc, and there are several nice B & Bs nearby. Contact Leics/Rutland Tourist board or , I think, they may have their own website....
    Try Barnsdale Gardens, Geoff Hamiltons old garden. They do tours etc, and there are several nice B & Bs nearby. Contact Leics/Rutland Tourist board or , I think, they may have their own website. Or by 'phone.Good luck, hope your mum has a nice birthdayBayleaf
    Try Barnsdale Gardens, Geoff Hamiltons old garden. They do tours etc, and there are several nice B & Bs nearby. Contact Leics/Rutland Tourist board or , I think, they may have their own website. Or by 'phone.Good luck, hope your mum has a...
    Try Barnsdale Gardens, Geoff Hamiltons old garden. They do tours etc, and there are several nice B & Bs nearby. Contact Leics/Rutland Tourist board or , I think, they may have their own website....
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. suey

tips thread; how to keep wee beasties off?

Yes, as long as they don't eat my plants, I don't care. Copper matting from DIY outlets good too - keep the b****rs really jangling...
    Yes, as long as they don't eat my plants, I don't care. Copper matting from DIY outlets good too - keep the b****rs really jangling...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. kel mckinney

Advice for a Plant Killer

Hi Plant Killer I garden on really dry sandy soil, and also started out with containers. Look for plants with silvery foliage, hairy foliage and reduced leaves (all water retaining, wind...
    Hi Plant Killer I garden on really dry sandy soil, and also started out with containers. Look for plants with silvery foliage, hairy foliage and reduced leaves (all water retaining, wind resistant characteristics). Good ones are Stachys lanata (Lambs ears), Artemisia, Convulvulus cneorum, If...
    Hi Plant Killer I garden on really dry sandy soil, and also started out with containers. Look for plants with silvery foliage, hairy foliage and reduced leaves (all water retaining, wind resistant characteristics). Good ones are Stachys lanata...
    Hi Plant Killer I garden on really dry sandy soil, and also started out with containers. Look for plants with silvery foliage, hairy foliage and reduced leaves (all water retaining, wind...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. george10

Houseplant Watering Products

After hearing about osmogro on the radio, I bought it from my local Dobbies garden centre. It seems to work using a gel membrane that prevents flooding but allows enough water to pass from a...
    After hearing about osmogro on the radio, I bought it from my local Dobbies garden centre. It seems to work using a gel membrane that prevents flooding but allows enough water to pass from a reservoir to the plant pot. So far I have tried it with a begonia, a chysanthemum and parsley and after...
    After hearing about osmogro on the radio, I bought it from my local Dobbies garden centre. It seems to work using a gel membrane that prevents flooding but allows enough water to pass from a reservoir to the plant pot. So far I have tried it...
    After hearing about osmogro on the radio, I bought it from my local Dobbies garden centre. It seems to work using a gel membrane that prevents flooding but allows enough water to pass from a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. pete

things to do

hi LesH, thanks for that - unfortunately I have only just read this......my arms are already shredded!!! I gave the blackberry a serious pruning, and mamaged to half fill a wheelie bin with...
    hi LesH, thanks for that - unfortunately I have only just read this......my arms are already shredded!!! I gave the blackberry a serious pruning, and mamaged to half fill a wheelie bin with it!cheerssue
    hi LesH, thanks for that - unfortunately I have only just read this......my arms are already shredded!!! I gave the blackberry a serious pruning, and mamaged to half fill a wheelie bin with it!cheerssue
    hi LesH, thanks for that - unfortunately I have only just read this......my arms are already shredded!!! I gave the blackberry a serious pruning, and mamaged to half fill a wheelie bin with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. reddolphin

Plants for a back yard

Hi reddolphin (Why the name?) If you dont want to get rid of the concrete that leaves you with container gardening. Dont worry you can get great results. For your choice of plants id check out...
    Hi reddolphin (Why the name?) If you dont want to get rid of the concrete that leaves you with container gardening. Dont worry you can get great results. For your choice of plants id check out a good garden centre and ask the staff for advice. Sorry i dont know any in your area but im sure...
    Hi reddolphin (Why the name?) If you dont want to get rid of the concrete that leaves you with container gardening. Dont worry you can get great results. For your choice of plants id check out a good garden centre and ask the staff for advice....
    Hi reddolphin (Why the name?) If you dont want to get rid of the concrete that leaves you with container gardening. Dont worry you can get great results. For your choice of plants id check out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. davemachin

Magnolia

I do not know how long it has been there but I would estimate 3 years.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Martin

Top Soil

Or try the Rolawn topsoil calculator http://www.topsoil.co.uk/how_much.asp
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. ka65

How can I clear borage from my garden?

Don't dig it all up... lol..Borage is an excellent companion plant for tomatoes, squash and strawberries. The plant actually improves the flavor of tomatoes growing nearby. Borage flowers and...
    Don't dig it all up... lol..Borage is an excellent companion plant for tomatoes, squash and strawberries. The plant actually improves the flavor of tomatoes growing nearby. Borage flowers and leaves are the traditional decoration for gin-based summer cocktails, and may be set in ice cubes to...
    Don't dig it all up... lol..Borage is an excellent companion plant for tomatoes, squash and strawberries. The plant actually improves the flavor of tomatoes growing nearby. Borage flowers and leaves are the traditional decoration for gin-based...
    Don't dig it all up... lol..Borage is an excellent companion plant for tomatoes, squash and strawberries. The plant actually improves the flavor of tomatoes growing nearby. Borage flowers and...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice