1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Following recent events, the Admin Team have a message for all members, which we hope will give some explanation and information.

We would be grateful if you could take the time to have a read. Thank you.

Click Here For More Info
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. mazambo

Grow Light

Ok don't laugh, got my light up today, just enough for my needs, a couple of heated propagators.
    Ok don't laugh, got my light up today, just enough for my needs, a couple of heated propagators.
    Indoor Growing Startup (6).JPG Indoor Growing Startup (9).JPG Indoor Grow (9).JPG IMG_0872.jpg 001111.jpg 001113.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Een

Winter is coming!!

Thanks everybody, really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question.Also enjoy Cornwall!! Lovely part of the world.
    Thanks everybody, really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question.Also enjoy Cornwall!! Lovely part of the world.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

Which one do you recommend??

I use Picture this.
    I use Picture this.
    I use Picture this.
    I use Picture this.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. lubhz

Will begonias grown from seeds be of the same colour as the parent plant?

Our resident plant sleuth strikes again ! :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. JJ28

What? Where? When?

Many thanks I think I’ll go ahead with the onion, the family doesn’t like broad beans!
    Many thanks I think I’ll go ahead with the onion, the family doesn’t like broad beans!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. mazambo
    Funny x 3

Most expensive delivery ever

I'll do it for £249.99
    I'll do it for £249.99
    I'll do it for £249.99
    I'll do it for £249.99
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. mazambo

Mahonia winter sun

Only got M. "charity", the flower buds are there but yet to break.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Jack Sparrow

Advice please

Pieris was something I thought about. I didn't see one in the garden centre I went to today. If I had I probably would have picked one up.Different size pots is something I have started doing....
    Pieris was something I thought about. I didn't see one in the garden centre I went to today. If I had I probably would have picked one up.Different size pots is something I have started doing. At the moment the pots on the summer house steps are all the same size (and cheap). Once my wages...
    Pieris was something I thought about. I didn't see one in the garden centre I went to today. If I had I probably would have picked one up.Different size pots is something I have started doing. At the moment the pots on the summer house steps...
    Pieris was something I thought about. I didn't see one in the garden centre I went to today. If I had I probably would have picked one up.Different size pots is something I have started doing....
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. mazambo
    Funny x 5

Biting off more than you can chew

That phrase came to mind when I noticed my venus fly trap this morning.
    20180915_093949.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Vince

Shineys Chillies

One is enough for me !
    One is enough for me !
    One is enough for me !
    One is enough for me !
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. mazambo

Unusual Gardening Year

It's been an unusually hot summer this year (No I'm not going to get into this is how it used to be when I a kid lol) some plants have boomed some have failed, my corkscrew hazel has done really...
    It's been an unusually hot summer this year (No I'm not going to get into this is how it used to be when I a kid lol) some plants have boomed some have failed, my corkscrew hazel has done really well loads of fruit, I came home from work today and saw a squirrel up and down in the garden, so I...
    It's been an unusually hot summer this year (No I'm not going to get into this is how it used to be when I a kid lol) some plants have boomed some have failed, my corkscrew hazel has done really well loads of fruit, I came home from work today...
    It's been an unusually hot summer this year (No I'm not going to get into this is how it used to be when I a kid lol) some plants have boomed some have failed, my corkscrew hazel has done really...
    20180914_212829.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Mariea

New home for me but belonged to an established gardener

The grass just one week after putting seeds down
    IMG_6291.JPG IMG_6388.PNG IMG_6390.PNG IMG_6391.PNG IMG_6392.PNG IMG_6393.PNG
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. hoofy

First landscaping project. Give me some confidence, please.

Thank you for the advice @Mike Allen about getting help from the council but the situation isn't quite straight forward.I own the house, a lovely bungalow with a nice big private garden. My 80...
    Thank you for the advice @Mike Allen about getting help from the council but the situation isn't quite straight forward.I own the house, a lovely bungalow with a nice big private garden. My 80 year old mother lives on her own at the house and hopefully will do for the rest of her life. The...
    Thank you for the advice @Mike Allen about getting help from the council but the situation isn't quite straight forward.I own the house, a lovely bungalow with a nice big private garden. My 80 year old mother lives on her own at the house and...
    Thank you for the advice @Mike Allen about getting help from the council but the situation isn't quite straight forward.I own the house, a lovely bungalow with a nice big private garden. My 80...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. GardeningFin

Allium bulb already coming - normal?

PerkiSuper, thank you for advice. Have to get sand now. "Clay, naturally wet" - that's what I've got. I mix peat based substrate in and make all beds bit raised. (trying to resist not buying...
    PerkiSuper, thank you for advice. Have to get sand now. "Clay, naturally wet" - that's what I've got. I mix peat based substrate in and make all beds bit raised. (trying to resist not buying this season doble snowdrops, white muscari and yellow fritillaria :) as I've already have many bulbs)
    PerkiSuper, thank you for advice. Have to get sand now. "Clay, naturally wet" - that's what I've got. I mix peat based substrate in and make all beds bit raised. (trying to resist not buying this season doble snowdrops, white muscari and yellow...
    PerkiSuper, thank you for advice. Have to get sand now. "Clay, naturally wet" - that's what I've got. I mix peat based substrate in and make all beds bit raised. (trying to resist not buying...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. hoofy

Will cutting through hedge roots kill it?

Hi goofy Not sure what type of hedge you have, but from experience with privet & hawthorn I can tell you both will take very rough treatment, I've seen both chain sawed to ground level, left, only...
    Hi goofy Not sure what type of hedge you have, but from experience with privet & hawthorn I can tell you both will take very rough treatment, I've seen both chain sawed to ground level, left, only to regrow, I have a neighbours hawthorn hedge about 2 foot away from my wooden fence and it doesn't...
    Hi goofy Not sure what type of hedge you have, but from experience with privet & hawthorn I can tell you both will take very rough treatment, I've seen both chain sawed to ground level, left, only to regrow, I have a neighbours hawthorn hedge...
    Hi goofy Not sure what type of hedge you have, but from experience with privet & hawthorn I can tell you both will take very rough treatment, I've seen both chain sawed to ground level, left, only...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fat Controller

Allium bulbs

Good plan, nothing to loose. That’s what I would do, especially as some are shooting.
    Good plan, nothing to loose. That’s what I would do, especially as some are shooting.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. mazambo

Clematis cuttings

Brilliant, thanks Tetters, that's one job sorted.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Fat Controller

Delphinium Seeds

Plant sciences. What is the durability of a seed? Please Google this.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Pete8

Rambling rose - Albertine vs Francois Juranville

I have quite a large L-shaped pergola that was smothered in rambling roses. I had landscaping works done 3 years ago which sadly meant the roses had to go. The roses I had were - Frances E. Lester...
    I have quite a large L-shaped pergola that was smothered in rambling roses. I had landscaping works done 3 years ago which sadly meant the roses had to go. The roses I had were - Frances E. Lester - felicite et perpetue and another that I can't remember.The roses I'm considering now are- The...
    I have quite a large L-shaped pergola that was smothered in rambling roses. I had landscaping works done 3 years ago which sadly meant the roses had to go. The roses I had were - Frances E. Lester - felicite et perpetue and another that I can't...
    I have quite a large L-shaped pergola that was smothered in rambling roses. I had landscaping works done 3 years ago which sadly meant the roses had to go. The roses I had were - Frances E. Lester...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Scrungee

Might be very chilly 12/13 Sept

It was 5 or 6 degrees warmer here in summer, then it goes 5 or 6 degrees colder.Whoops, thread title corrected.
    It was 5 or 6 degrees warmer here in summer, then it goes 5 or 6 degrees colder.Whoops, thread title corrected.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options