1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. THW

Help, my daffodils have gone white!

What a mystery! All i can think of is that the only variety that has survived out of the original selection is a white one and lacking any competition they have been able to thrive. Doesnt...
    What a mystery! All i can think of is that the only variety that has survived out of the original selection is a white one and lacking any competition they have been able to thrive. Doesnt explain why they havnt flowered for ages. At least you have a lovely display this year. Enjoy.
    What a mystery! All i can think of is that the only variety that has survived out of the original selection is a white one and lacking any competition they have been able to thrive. Doesnt explain why they havnt flowered for ages. At least you...
    What a mystery! All i can think of is that the only variety that has survived out of the original selection is a white one and lacking any competition they have been able to thrive. Doesnt...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. slither

stone chippings

Scuse me, been partaking of the Easter spirit;) .Soz, :(just had a look a Travis Perkins & they are in the East Mids too, may try them - Brill price lists, may use them for my college assignments!!
    Scuse me, been partaking of the Easter spirit;) .Soz, :(just had a look a Travis Perkins & they are in the East Mids too, may try them - Brill price lists, may use them for my college assignments!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. arwyn

pittosporum tobira

thanks to steve and nathan for replying to my question,the info recieved came in very usefull thanks again
    thanks to steve and nathan for replying to my question,the info recieved came in very usefull thanks again
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. poppy

daffodils

Hi pete yes I did. did not know what else to call it but have got info from you and Bayleaf and I do realy appresiate both your advice. its great to know that there are gardeners like your...
    Hi pete yes I did. did not know what else to call it but have got info from you and Bayleaf and I do realy appresiate both your advice. its great to know that there are gardeners like your selfs who are willing to help poppy
    Hi pete yes I did. did not know what else to call it but have got info from you and Bayleaf and I do realy appresiate both your advice. its great to know that there are gardeners like your selfs who are willing to help poppy
    Hi pete yes I did. did not know what else to call it but have got info from you and Bayleaf and I do realy appresiate both your advice. its great to know that there are gardeners like your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Mrs cloudy

Lupins no more

I dont think drought would affect Lupins. They are I believe only short lived perrenials, at the best of times, but it does sound like some sort of root boring insect as skypilot says. Just a...
    I dont think drought would affect Lupins. They are I believe only short lived perrenials, at the best of times, but it does sound like some sort of root boring insect as skypilot says. Just a thought, you know how slugs bore into potatos in dry years for the dampness, maybe that did happen in...
    I dont think drought would affect Lupins. They are I believe only short lived perrenials, at the best of times, but it does sound like some sort of root boring insect as skypilot says. Just a thought, you know how slugs bore into potatos in...
    I dont think drought would affect Lupins. They are I believe only short lived perrenials, at the best of times, but it does sound like some sort of root boring insect as skypilot says. Just a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Brian L

Heavy prune of a Privet hedge ?

OK, thanks for that. A bit at a time seems to be the safest bet.Brian
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. odina

what to plant under conifers?

Thanks so much everyone....You have all been a great help. I'm going to check out all of the suggestions that you have gven me...cant wait o see what happens odina
    Thanks so much everyone....You have all been a great help. I'm going to check out all of the suggestions that you have gven me...cant wait o see what happens odina
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. davie

Can time really be a great healer?.

Hurray for rain! The soil here is so dry we need loads. Apparently it's going to be a bad year for subsidence due to the dry weather we've had ( :confused: ) especially if you live where...
    Hurray for rain! The soil here is so dry we need loads. Apparently it's going to be a bad year for subsidence due to the dry weather we've had ( :confused: ) especially if you live where there's clay soil. Rock gardening might be a good move ;)
    Hurray for rain! The soil here is so dry we need loads. Apparently it's going to be a bad year for subsidence due to the dry weather we've had ( :confused: ) especially if you live where there's clay soil. Rock gardening might be a good move ;)
    Hurray for rain! The soil here is so dry we need loads. Apparently it's going to be a bad year for subsidence due to the dry weather we've had ( :confused: ) especially if you live where...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. 1happy chick

good old allan!

oh wicked! another allan fan! have you read ONLY DAD by uncle allan, and ANIMAL INSTINCTS thayre blooming brilliant! trying to get into THE LAST LIGHTHOUSE KEEPER but it wont do it for me!!!
    oh wicked! another allan fan! have you read ONLY DAD by uncle allan, and ANIMAL INSTINCTS thayre blooming brilliant! trying to get into THE LAST LIGHTHOUSE KEEPER but it wont do it for me!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Julia2017

HELP NEEDED

Thanks Steve and Bayleaf for your ideas. I've done what you both advised and washed them off with soapy water and repotted. Hopefully now I may have saved them.
    Thanks Steve and Bayleaf for your ideas. I've done what you both advised and washed them off with soapy water and repotted. Hopefully now I may have saved them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Bayleaf

Uncinia rubra

Cheers Wine & Choc Will have another go, & be a bit meaner to it :mad: ,it really is fab. Love dark plants.
    Cheers Wine & Choc Will have another go, & be a bit meaner to it :mad: ,it really is fab. Love dark plants.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. JOANNE1971

ADVICE PLEASE (WET SOIL)

The questions to ask are not only what trees will do best in wet conditions, but what do you want the trees to do (e.g. shade, to screen unsightly view or provide backgrop) and how close is the...
    The questions to ask are not only what trees will do best in wet conditions, but what do you want the trees to do (e.g. shade, to screen unsightly view or provide backgrop) and how close is the area to buildings, fences, neighbours etc.? How big is the area?Which way does the plot face (i.e....
    The questions to ask are not only what trees will do best in wet conditions, but what do you want the trees to do (e.g. shade, to screen unsightly view or provide backgrop) and how close is the area to buildings, fences, neighbours etc.? How big...
    The questions to ask are not only what trees will do best in wet conditions, but what do you want the trees to do (e.g. shade, to screen unsightly view or provide backgrop) and how close is the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Doofy

new to gardening

There�s really NOTHING you can do to improve drainage on heavy soils (except install land drains, or plant everything in raised beds). Instead, plant things that tolerate wet ground. See my...
    There�s really NOTHING you can do to improve drainage on heavy soils (except install land drains, or plant everything in raised beds). Instead, plant things that tolerate wet ground. See my reply to Helly http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000184 ...
    There�s really NOTHING you can do to improve drainage on heavy soils (except install land drains, or plant everything in raised beds). Instead, plant things that tolerate wet ground. See my reply to Helly...
    There�s really NOTHING you can do to improve drainage on heavy soils (except install land drains, or plant everything in raised beds). Instead, plant things that tolerate wet ground. See my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Helly

Help me plan a border please!!

Wow! Thanks for all your help. This looks fantastic. Your reply will form the backbone of our shopping list. Helly
    Wow! Thanks for all your help. This looks fantastic. Your reply will form the backbone of our shopping list. Helly
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Bloomin' Luverly

Evergreen climbers - Help!!!

2 Types of L.Acuminata. The one on the right is semi evergreen. Needs sun & free draining soil
    2 Types of L.Acuminata. The one on the right is semi evergreen. Needs sun & free draining soil
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Elizabeth B

HOSTA ADVICE SOUGHT

it is wine and dine time for slugs and snail. Go out each evening and squish any slimeys you can find, put your beer traps well away from your precious plants. The beer attracts slimeys and you...
    it is wine and dine time for slugs and snail. Go out each evening and squish any slimeys you can find, put your beer traps well away from your precious plants. The beer attracts slimeys and you don't want them to be sidetracked into a hosta starter before a deadly hangover. I use cheap stout in...
    it is wine and dine time for slugs and snail. Go out each evening and squish any slimeys you can find, put your beer traps well away from your precious plants. The beer attracts slimeys and you don't want them to be sidetracked into a hosta...
    it is wine and dine time for slugs and snail. Go out each evening and squish any slimeys you can find, put your beer traps well away from your precious plants. The beer attracts slimeys and you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. neek

Looking for Bamboo

Found this fab Bamboo site. No Pandas tho' - all too busy eating chicken http://www.junglegiants.co.uk/
    Found this fab Bamboo site. No Pandas tho' - all too busy eating chicken http://www.junglegiants.co.uk/
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. SteveW

HARDY BUZY LIZZIE

oh, you are sooooooooo naughty
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. 1happy chick

well chilled

yo Lady, you got some good fertiliser going there
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Mimi

Hanging baskets

Too early? I bought my plants at the end of Febuary.I get them really small and bring them on in my porch(I don't have a greenhouse)I pinch them out as I want to feed them as I want to and end up...
    Too early? I bought my plants at the end of Febuary.I get them really small and bring them on in my porch(I don't have a greenhouse)I pinch them out as I want to feed them as I want to and end up with a plant 3 times the size as I could have bought when it's time to plant out.It's no cheaped and...
    Too early? I bought my plants at the end of Febuary.I get them really small and bring them on in my porch(I don't have a greenhouse)I pinch them out as I want to feed them as I want to and end up with a plant 3 times the size as I could have...
    Too early? I bought my plants at the end of Febuary.I get them really small and bring them on in my porch(I don't have a greenhouse)I pinch them out as I want to feed them as I want to and end up...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice