General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. PLOTTY

UPDATED WEBSITE 23RD SEPTEMBER

Very Impressive Steve, again!!!!!! Oh, how I wish I had the time!!! Never mind, I have managed to put aside a little of the garden to do some yummy bits in next year..... :cool:
    Very Impressive Steve, again!!!!!! Oh, how I wish I had the time!!! Never mind, I have managed to put aside a little of the garden to do some yummy bits in next year..... :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. strongylodon

Polys and Pansies

Guess that answers that one!! :rolleyes: And there was me thinking there would be a good reason....
    Guess that answers that one!! :rolleyes: And there was me thinking there would be a good reason....
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wildflower

monthly gardening competition

Looks most interesting WF,might give it a go
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wildflower

Hurricane Gordon on his way !!

Down here its been very windy the last two days,but this morning its calm and the sun is out
    Down here its been very windy the last two days,but this morning its calm and the sun is out
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. DAG

Aloa Vera

ALOE VARIEGATA
    ALOE VARIEGATA
    ALOE VARIEGATA
    ALOE VARIEGATA
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. windy miller

tea and sympathy needed!

:D :D Wish I'd seen that Royster, would have given me a right laugh :D :D My babies are growing really quickly now the Mums gone and I can really see the difference in just a few days....
    :D :D Wish I'd seen that Royster, would have given me a right laugh :D :D My babies are growing really quickly now the Mums gone and I can really see the difference in just a few days. Soon be posting about my Cordylines taking over the garden! Think I'm going to leave them in situ on...
    :D :D Wish I'd seen that Royster, would have given me a right laugh :D :D My babies are growing really quickly now the Mums gone and I can really see the difference in just a few days. Soon be posting about my Cordylines taking over...
    :D :D Wish I'd seen that Royster, would have given me a right laugh :D :D My babies are growing really quickly now the Mums gone and I can really see the difference in just a few days....
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. macleaf

stumps

Most interesting thanks guys
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. DAG

Removing Pyracantha

Oh, that's only if you take away the food from the birds and butterflies and thingy-wings!
    Oh, that's only if you take away the food from the birds and butterflies and thingy-wings!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Hornbeam

African Violets

I remember Tony Clements, he was the man for african violets a few years ago, never went there but heard about it. Pity he packed it all up. :(
    I remember Tony Clements, he was the man for african violets a few years ago, never went there but heard about it. Pity he packed it all up. :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. rosa

growing nothing more disaster

Hi Rudy.You have done well with your Pumpkins.I took the flowers off of a lot of mine,so that they would get big,and we don't even eat the blessed things. We did well with the French Beans,but not...
    Hi Rudy.You have done well with your Pumpkins.I took the flowers off of a lot of mine,so that they would get big,and we don't even eat the blessed things. We did well with the French Beans,but not so good with the runners,due to the hot weather. We have done very well with carrots and Beetroot...
    Hi Rudy.You have done well with your Pumpkins.I took the flowers off of a lot of mine,so that they would get big,and we don't even eat the blessed things. We did well with the French Beans,but not so good with the runners,due to the hot...
    Hi Rudy.You have done well with your Pumpkins.I took the flowers off of a lot of mine,so that they would get big,and we don't even eat the blessed things. We did well with the French Beans,but not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. PLOTTY

I'M BACK ONLINE

Morning Steve.... Early bird,and all that! :D Rather a busy day ahead for me..What are you doing up at such a forgotten hour??..Can't wait to get on your plot hey?? ;) Excellent Blog!
    Morning Steve.... Early bird,and all that! :D Rather a busy day ahead for me..What are you doing up at such a forgotten hour??..Can't wait to get on your plot hey?? ;) Excellent Blog!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Liz

The dreaded decking...

Today the decks were pressure washed for me with a very posh German machine [Karsch] . I was quite carried away with delight at its' efficiency and persuaded poor Bryan to do the greenhouse, the...
    Today the decks were pressure washed for me with a very posh German machine [Karsch] . I was quite carried away with delight at its' efficiency and persuaded poor Bryan to do the greenhouse, the swinging seat [very much in need of renovation], the crazy paving and an old rabbit hutch!...
    Today the decks were pressure washed for me with a very posh German machine [Karsch] . I was quite carried away with delight at its' efficiency and persuaded poor Bryan to do the greenhouse, the swinging seat [very much in need of renovation],...
    Today the decks were pressure washed for me with a very posh German machine [Karsch] . I was quite carried away with delight at its' efficiency and persuaded poor Bryan to do the greenhouse, the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. poppet

Fuscia

Take the cuttings now, before frost kills your fuschia.Cut a section about 10cm just below a leave joint. Remove all but the top two or three leaves. Dip the cuttings into hormone rooting powder...
    Take the cuttings now, before frost kills your fuschia.Cut a section about 10cm just below a leave joint. Remove all but the top two or three leaves. Dip the cuttings into hormone rooting powder tapping off any excess. insert the cuttings into holes made with a dibber round the edge of a pot...
    Take the cuttings now, before frost kills your fuschia.Cut a section about 10cm just below a leave joint. Remove all but the top two or three leaves. Dip the cuttings into hormone rooting powder tapping off any excess. insert the cuttings into...
    Take the cuttings now, before frost kills your fuschia.Cut a section about 10cm just below a leave joint. Remove all but the top two or three leaves. Dip the cuttings into hormone rooting powder...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. heppy

starting off

Some good well rotted compost with some grit might help with the clay soil.Ribena plant.. I won three and haven't received a single one of them. Lucky you. and yes, blackcurrants seem to have...
    Some good well rotted compost with some grit might help with the clay soil.Ribena plant.. I won three and haven't received a single one of them. Lucky you. and yes, blackcurrants seem to have done really well this year judging from my neighbours crop. Might need a bit support with the coming...
    Some good well rotted compost with some grit might help with the clay soil.Ribena plant.. I won three and haven't received a single one of them. Lucky you. and yes, blackcurrants seem to have done really well this year judging from my...
    Some good well rotted compost with some grit might help with the clay soil.Ribena plant.. I won three and haven't received a single one of them. Lucky you. and yes, blackcurrants seem to have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. pom pom

aquilegia

Rich - I do hope Poppy replies to you. She is a veterinary nurse and knows all about poisoned hedgehogs.
    Rich - I do hope Poppy replies to you. She is a veterinary nurse and knows all about poisoned hedgehogs.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. rosa

mid-september flowers

Even my honeysuckle is giving a second flush noticed today.This is unheard of and my geraniums still in full bloom.With away on holiday my containers well an dtrully passed as they did not get...
    Even my honeysuckle is giving a second flush noticed today.This is unheard of and my geraniums still in full bloom.With away on holiday my containers well an dtrully passed as they did not get watered when we were away.Partly as i said to my neighbour they are normally startingto go past...
    Even my honeysuckle is giving a second flush noticed today.This is unheard of and my geraniums still in full bloom.With away on holiday my containers well an dtrully passed as they did not get watered when we were away.Partly as i said to...
    Even my honeysuckle is giving a second flush noticed today.This is unheard of and my geraniums still in full bloom.With away on holiday my containers well an dtrully passed as they did not get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Hornbeam

Black flowers

I also saw the Black Bat Plant on one of the tropical sites - there is a White one too. I was going to try one next year - mainly because its one that would get the boys' interest!!Windy - Your...
    I also saw the Black Bat Plant on one of the tropical sites - there is a White one too. I was going to try one next year - mainly because its one that would get the boys' interest!!Windy - Your Sweet William and green sounds fab!!!Again - its all about personal taste. I'm not personally a...
    I also saw the Black Bat Plant on one of the tropical sites - there is a White one too. I was going to try one next year - mainly because its one that would get the boys' interest!!Windy - Your Sweet William and green sounds fab!!!Again -...
    I also saw the Black Bat Plant on one of the tropical sites - there is a White one too. I was going to try one next year - mainly because its one that would get the boys' interest!!Windy - Your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Hornbeam

Poisonous Plants

Very interesting Hornbeam - I didn't know there were so many. I was told by my neighbour, who was a doctor, that Chilies and Chilie powder are poisonous. The thing that gives you the hot...
    Very interesting Hornbeam - I didn't know there were so many. I was told by my neighbour, who was a doctor, that Chilies and Chilie powder are poisonous. The thing that gives you the hot sensation is an poisonous alkoloid. Too much and you are dead. But in moderation, we can all enjoy a near...
    Very interesting Hornbeam - I didn't know there were so many. I was told by my neighbour, who was a doctor, that Chilies and Chilie powder are poisonous. The thing that gives you the hot sensation is an poisonous alkoloid. Too much and you are...
    Very interesting Hornbeam - I didn't know there were so many. I was told by my neighbour, who was a doctor, that Chilies and Chilie powder are poisonous. The thing that gives you the hot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. floris
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. grinch

heuchera

Ours have lasted over 20years. Our coldest winters are around -10 to -15Centrigade.I suspect if they have to live in flooded ground they would rot, otherwise like old boots. I treat ours with...
    Ours have lasted over 20years. Our coldest winters are around -10 to -15Centrigade.I suspect if they have to live in flooded ground they would rot, otherwise like old boots. I treat ours with utter neglect and they thrive on it:)
    Ours have lasted over 20years. Our coldest winters are around -10 to -15Centrigade.I suspect if they have to live in flooded ground they would rot, otherwise like old boots. I treat ours with utter neglect and they thrive on it:)
    Ours have lasted over 20years. Our coldest winters are around -10 to -15Centrigade.I suspect if they have to live in flooded ground they would rot, otherwise like old boots. I treat ours with...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice