General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. PLOTTY

THIS WEEK'S UPDATE POSTED

Hello all, just to let you know that I have added this weeks update to my website, thanks for all you wonderful emails and comments, regards Steve.http://www.myallotments.blogspot.com
    Hello all, just to let you know that I have added this weeks update to my website, thanks for all you wonderful emails and comments, regards Steve.http://www.myallotments.blogspot.com
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. fmay

This was unusual!

fat chance of that paladin, dave says its his secret garden :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Juicer

Photos and info needed

Thank you, I'll check it out:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wildflower

Its raining !!

We had light, persistant rain for several hours, but it eased by daybreak. Nothing less than 17C. overnight and not a hint of a breeze meant that this morning was incredibly still and remarkably...
    We had light, persistant rain for several hours, but it eased by daybreak. Nothing less than 17C. overnight and not a hint of a breeze meant that this morning was incredibly still and remarkably fragrant. Gingers, Jasmines, Araujia and Citrus were intermingled in the air - so much so that the...
    We had light, persistant rain for several hours, but it eased by daybreak. Nothing less than 17C. overnight and not a hint of a breeze meant that this morning was incredibly still and remarkably fragrant. Gingers, Jasmines, Araujia and Citrus...
    We had light, persistant rain for several hours, but it eased by daybreak. Nothing less than 17C. overnight and not a hint of a breeze meant that this morning was incredibly still and remarkably...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Hornbeam

Garden thefts

The annoying thing is if these people are caught nothing happens to the poor little darlings.We had better get used to it cos it ain't gonna change unless we get a party (any party) into...
    The annoying thing is if these people are caught nothing happens to the poor little darlings.We had better get used to it cos it ain't gonna change unless we get a party (any party) into Government with some bottle to deal with real life issues
    The annoying thing is if these people are caught nothing happens to the poor little darlings.We had better get used to it cos it ain't gonna change unless we get a party (any party) into Government with some bottle to deal with real life issues
    The annoying thing is if these people are caught nothing happens to the poor little darlings.We had better get used to it cos it ain't gonna change unless we get a party (any party) into...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. macleaf

seeder

thanks all
    thanks all
    thanks all
    thanks all
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Victoria

Toilet Brush

Well, Pete, I wouldn't say "cold" but "cool".It's started to drizzle again ... I'm watching, I'm watching! :D
    Well, Pete, I wouldn't say "cold" but "cool".It's started to drizzle again ... I'm watching, I'm watching! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. robbsy1

New Zealand Flax

Thanks Hornbeam just had a total blank
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Liz

Lofos- lophospermum- asarina

Liz, I've decided Lofos is the diminutive of Lophospernum!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Banana Man

August BM's Hideout

Thanks BM!!I'll just have to find a corner for it in the living room this winter I suppose!!!
    Thanks BM!!I'll just have to find a corner for it in the living room this winter I suppose!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Stingo

Kerrier Plants?

not so much shrub as an invading force... a nice one, though!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Rich

Today in the garden

Red Spider Mite. The bane of my life.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. dalbuie

Agave Palmeri

Dendro :D :DFletch ... hate to say it, but you're not in Scotland ... think (and I may be wrong) it's a wee bit colder there!
    Dendro :D :DFletch ... hate to say it, but you're not in Scotland ... think (and I may be wrong) it's a wee bit colder there!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Blackthorn

Sedum Roof

The edges look normal to me, as to why the centre is like that looks a bit strange to me. Do you think its been repaired at some stage.
    The edges look normal to me, as to why the centre is like that looks a bit strange to me. Do you think its been repaired at some stage.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Blackthorn

Tropaeolum Speciosum

Thank you for that Royster.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. cuckoobuns

Help with clematis

Going to add that all the C. cirrhosa are slightly tender, but they should do ok in Dorset. Here they tend to flower later and ours has been totally cut to the ground by frost twice now. The...
    Going to add that all the C. cirrhosa are slightly tender, but they should do ok in Dorset. Here they tend to flower later and ours has been totally cut to the ground by frost twice now. The flowers do tend to hang down so you do not get the full frontal blast from them like you do with other...
    Going to add that all the C. cirrhosa are slightly tender, but they should do ok in Dorset. Here they tend to flower later and ours has been totally cut to the ground by frost twice now. The flowers do tend to hang down so you do not get the full...
    Going to add that all the C. cirrhosa are slightly tender, but they should do ok in Dorset. Here they tend to flower later and ours has been totally cut to the ground by frost twice now. The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. crouchend

sandy soil

Crouchend - I agree with the plenty of compost bit. And as Bayleaf says you can lay it on the top and let the worms do the work. I would also look into what sorts of plants like sandy soil. I...
    Crouchend - I agree with the plenty of compost bit. And as Bayleaf says you can lay it on the top and let the worms do the work. I would also look into what sorts of plants like sandy soil. I am on clay - and you will be able to grow all sorts of plants that I cannot.
    Crouchend - I agree with the plenty of compost bit. And as Bayleaf says you can lay it on the top and let the worms do the work. I would also look into what sorts of plants like sandy soil. I am on clay - and you will be able to grow all sorts...
    Crouchend - I agree with the plenty of compost bit. And as Bayleaf says you can lay it on the top and let the worms do the work. I would also look into what sorts of plants like sandy soil. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Dillydo

Grape Hyacinths

Point taken. I'll dig them up in the morning and put them back in their pot! :eek: Knew at the back of my mind it wasn't a good idea.
    Point taken. I'll dig them up in the morning and put them back in their pot! :eek: Knew at the back of my mind it wasn't a good idea.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Palustris

Mushrooms

Thanks folks. Actually it is not really a problem as I cannot eat any mushrooms, so far all of them give me digestion problems even the most common ones. I just like to know what grows in my...
    Thanks folks. Actually it is not really a problem as I cannot eat any mushrooms, so far all of them give me digestion problems even the most common ones. I just like to know what grows in my garden. We have three books on identifying fungus, but none of them are really that good, a bit like the...
    Thanks folks. Actually it is not really a problem as I cannot eat any mushrooms, so far all of them give me digestion problems even the most common ones. I just like to know what grows in my garden. We have three books on identifying fungus, but...
    Thanks folks. Actually it is not really a problem as I cannot eat any mushrooms, so far all of them give me digestion problems even the most common ones. I just like to know what grows in my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Mimi

advice please

It is going to remain outdoors and regarding drainage, the guy who carved it out for me said that it doesn't really need drainage as the wood will absorb any excess liquid, having said that I...
    It is going to remain outdoors and regarding drainage, the guy who carved it out for me said that it doesn't really need drainage as the wood will absorb any excess liquid, having said that I could drill some holes in it anyway.Thanks for your idea
    It is going to remain outdoors and regarding drainage, the guy who carved it out for me said that it doesn't really need drainage as the wood will absorb any excess liquid, having said that I could drill some holes in it anyway.Thanks for your idea
    It is going to remain outdoors and regarding drainage, the guy who carved it out for me said that it doesn't really need drainage as the wood will absorb any excess liquid, having said that I...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice