1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. wildflower

Sunflowers..

landscapejuicer..your sunflowers are really lovely and its a awesome photo.. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Liz

Clematis integrifolia

I forgot about C. heraclifolia. We had Wyvale somewhere, but it may be one of the drought victims this year.
    I forgot about C. heraclifolia. We had Wyvale somewhere, but it may be one of the drought victims this year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Brackenbeds

Dog Urine

If it`s a dog then you`ll have problems getting him to go in one place as he`ll naturally want to mark his territory.As Liz said it`s the massive over fert that causes the damage, sometimes it`s...
    If it`s a dog then you`ll have problems getting him to go in one place as he`ll naturally want to mark his territory.As Liz said it`s the massive over fert that causes the damage, sometimes it`s assumed the acidic PH is responsible but if tested you`ll find its pretty close to neutral, so the...
    If it`s a dog then you`ll have problems getting him to go in one place as he`ll naturally want to mark his territory.As Liz said it`s the massive over fert that causes the damage, sometimes it`s assumed the acidic PH is responsible but if...
    If it`s a dog then you`ll have problems getting him to go in one place as he`ll naturally want to mark his territory.As Liz said it`s the massive over fert that causes the damage, sometimes it`s...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Banana Man

FAO Celia

You don't seem to have PM facility turned on so you have email from me :D :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. dalbuie

New Clematis

We have it, a really nice mid season flowerer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Black Cat

'Automatic' Watering System

Definite no-no if there is no outside tap, as Kandyfloss has illustrated. I install loads of the things, they aren't perfect, but once set up they do the job which is to water when the (in my case...
    Definite no-no if there is no outside tap, as Kandyfloss has illustrated. I install loads of the things, they aren't perfect, but once set up they do the job which is to water when the (in my case client) owner is absent/absentminded/busy.I won't install window-boxes in my gardens without...
    Definite no-no if there is no outside tap, as Kandyfloss has illustrated. I install loads of the things, they aren't perfect, but once set up they do the job which is to water when the (in my case client) owner is absent/absentminded/busy.I...
    Definite no-no if there is no outside tap, as Kandyfloss has illustrated. I install loads of the things, they aren't perfect, but once set up they do the job which is to water when the (in my case...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Dave Martin

winter 2006 - summer 2007

I too am harvesting regularly, but I am thinking about this winter - I have just planted orange and purple carrots and some parsnips and potatoes went in a couple of weeks ago..The carrots will...
    I too am harvesting regularly, but I am thinking about this winter - I have just planted orange and purple carrots and some parsnips and potatoes went in a couple of weeks ago..The carrots will hopefully be ready for christmas dinner, but I imagine the parsnips won't be ready until feb/mar...
    I too am harvesting regularly, but I am thinking about this winter - I have just planted orange and purple carrots and some parsnips and potatoes went in a couple of weeks ago..The carrots will hopefully be ready for christmas dinner, but I...
    I too am harvesting regularly, but I am thinking about this winter - I have just planted orange and purple carrots and some parsnips and potatoes went in a couple of weeks ago..The carrots will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Waco

Dragon wing begonia

OK I managed to get one - or several, local nursery were chucking them out as no one seemed to know wht they were or what to do with them!They are stunning!How do I keep them over winter with...
    OK I managed to get one - or several, local nursery were chucking them out as no one seemed to know wht they were or what to do with them!They are stunning!How do I keep them over winter with limited space? whats best way of getting cuttings?THANKS
    OK I managed to get one - or several, local nursery were chucking them out as no one seemed to know wht they were or what to do with them!They are stunning!How do I keep them over winter with limited space? whats best way of getting...
    OK I managed to get one - or several, local nursery were chucking them out as no one seemed to know wht they were or what to do with them!They are stunning!How do I keep them over winter with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Banana Man

Drought Tolerant Plant List....

I got loads of glauca rose seedlings if anyone wants one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. PLOTTY

UPDATED WEBSITE

Plotty I really enjoy looking at your site. I've a bit of success despite the hot weather looking to plant for the winter now although not too sure what to do next. I've already got red cabbage...
    Plotty I really enjoy looking at your site. I've a bit of success despite the hot weather looking to plant for the winter now although not too sure what to do next. I've already got red cabbage in the ground but not sure when they will be ready if anyone has any tips for me will be grateful. ...
    Plotty I really enjoy looking at your site. I've a bit of success despite the hot weather looking to plant for the winter now although not too sure what to do next. I've already got red cabbage in the ground but not sure when they will be ready...
    Plotty I really enjoy looking at your site. I've a bit of success despite the hot weather looking to plant for the winter now although not too sure what to do next. I've already got red cabbage...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. frogesque

Hemlock

Liz, its very common in the S.E of the country - just about in every lane around me. The same cautions apply to this as Giant Hogweed, which I shall not repeat for fear of re-kindling the wrath of...
    Liz, its very common in the S.E of the country - just about in every lane around me. The same cautions apply to this as Giant Hogweed, which I shall not repeat for fear of re-kindling the wrath of the umbellifer-huggers that frequent these parts.
    Liz, its very common in the S.E of the country - just about in every lane around me. The same cautions apply to this as Giant Hogweed, which I shall not repeat for fear of re-kindling the wrath of the umbellifer-huggers that frequent these parts.
    Liz, its very common in the S.E of the country - just about in every lane around me. The same cautions apply to this as Giant Hogweed, which I shall not repeat for fear of re-kindling the wrath of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Clematis

Bargain Hibiscus

That is gorgeous love the colour of it well done clematis
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. wildflower

ITS Raining..!!

Hi HB Love the addition to my thought for the day. :D :D----------------- shiney
    Hi HB Love the addition to my thought for the day. :D :D----------------- shiney
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. timecharger

Best Online Seed/Plant Seller?

Sorry, missed an 's' of should bewww.theallotmentsandgardenscounciluk.org.uk
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. barbaraanne

What can i buy now that will look good in 4 weeks

Asters - they are easy and if you keep them dead headed they will keep flowering until frost, such vibrant colours too, my garden is very colourful with them all and so early this year too.
    Asters - they are easy and if you keep them dead headed they will keep flowering until frost, such vibrant colours too, my garden is very colourful with them all and so early this year too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Liz

Pineapple lily

This sounds like something I have in the garden, bought it years ago and although it looks like it would need special care, it doesn't. It stays in the ground all the year round and is blooming...
    This sounds like something I have in the garden, bought it years ago and although it looks like it would need special care, it doesn't. It stays in the ground all the year round and is blooming beautifully at the moment. This year we even have another one growing in another part of the garden...
    This sounds like something I have in the garden, bought it years ago and although it looks like it would need special care, it doesn't. It stays in the ground all the year round and is blooming beautifully at the moment. This year we even have...
    This sounds like something I have in the garden, bought it years ago and although it looks like it would need special care, it doesn't. It stays in the ground all the year round and is blooming...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. sparkle

recent ebay purchases

I got a collection, but can't remember now which lot I got it from - probably J Parker or T&M. The first lot I got were eaten within instants by our ravaging rabbits but now there's chicken wire...
    I got a collection, but can't remember now which lot I got it from - probably J Parker or T&M. The first lot I got were eaten within instants by our ravaging rabbits but now there's chicken wire everywhere, and things are surviving! :D
    I got a collection, but can't remember now which lot I got it from - probably J Parker or T&M. The first lot I got were eaten within instants by our ravaging rabbits but now there's chicken wire everywhere, and things are surviving! :D
    I got a collection, but can't remember now which lot I got it from - probably J Parker or T&M. The first lot I got were eaten within instants by our ravaging rabbits but now there's chicken wire...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. DaisyChain47

EREMURUS FOXTAIL LILY SEEDS.

:D Good Luck then..... :cool: :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Kedi-Gato

Ribes nidigrolaria

There is also a plant called Worcesterberry, which is halfway betwixt Gooseberry and Blackcurrant. It is extremely thorny too, but the fruit is mmmmmmmmmmmmm. This is called Ribes divaricatum.
    There is also a plant called Worcesterberry, which is halfway betwixt Gooseberry and Blackcurrant. It is extremely thorny too, but the fruit is mmmmmmmmmmmmm. This is called Ribes divaricatum.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. timecharger

Overwintering - Can Someone Explain Exactly How it Works?

cheers barbaraane...
    cheers barbaraane...
    cheers barbaraane...
    cheers barbaraane...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice