1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. specialagentscully

yellow flag irises

Scully.So sorry to hear about your kitty.Is She/He ok?I expect it was some idiot with an air rifle.Please let us all know how kitty is going on.It will be best if they are ripe first,but saying...
    Scully.So sorry to hear about your kitty.Is She/He ok?I expect it was some idiot with an air rifle.Please let us all know how kitty is going on.It will be best if they are ripe first,but saying that some of the heads of mine are top heavy on the plant and are heading towards the ground,where...
    Scully.So sorry to hear about your kitty.Is She/He ok?I expect it was some idiot with an air rifle.Please let us all know how kitty is going on.It will be best if they are ripe first,but saying that some of the heads of mine are top heavy on...
    Scully.So sorry to hear about your kitty.Is She/He ok?I expect it was some idiot with an air rifle.Please let us all know how kitty is going on.It will be best if they are ripe first,but saying...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Lemar

FREE BULBS & FLOWERING SHRUBS

I also get Grow your Own sometimes, but I do get free offers if I like the look of whatever it is. Bulbs are the best I've had, I've got some gorgeous perfumed lilies that came from a magazine, 3...
    I also get Grow your Own sometimes, but I do get free offers if I like the look of whatever it is. Bulbs are the best I've had, I've got some gorgeous perfumed lilies that came from a magazine, 3 good sized bulbs for a small postage cost, which have in a couple of years increased well. I've just...
    I also get Grow your Own sometimes, but I do get free offers if I like the look of whatever it is. Bulbs are the best I've had, I've got some gorgeous perfumed lilies that came from a magazine, 3 good sized bulbs for a small postage cost, which...
    I also get Grow your Own sometimes, but I do get free offers if I like the look of whatever it is. Bulbs are the best I've had, I've got some gorgeous perfumed lilies that came from a magazine, 3...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Valentine

Gardeniin Virginia,USA

^^ Often visit Charlottesville for lunch as I live only about an hour's distance away. Lovely town and I enjoy visiting the campus of University of Virginia for their exhibits and having lunch at...
    ^^ Often visit Charlottesville for lunch as I live only about an hour's distance away. Lovely town and I enjoy visiting the campus of University of Virginia for their exhibits and having lunch at some of the nice little restaurants, etc. We love to walk through the gardens we come across.
    ^^ Often visit Charlottesville for lunch as I live only about an hour's distance away. Lovely town and I enjoy visiting the campus of University of Virginia for their exhibits and having lunch at some of the nice little restaurants, etc. We love...
    ^^ Often visit Charlottesville for lunch as I live only about an hour's distance away. Lovely town and I enjoy visiting the campus of University of Virginia for their exhibits and having lunch at...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. katiebunny

is my clematis dead?

After you have planted the clematis try put some small stones around the base of the plant - protects the base and roots from getting too warm. I often grow them in full sun but the roots remain...
    After you have planted the clematis try put some small stones around the base of the plant - protects the base and roots from getting too warm. I often grow them in full sun but the roots remain cool and shaded if you do this - no matter where they are.
    After you have planted the clematis try put some small stones around the base of the plant - protects the base and roots from getting too warm. I often grow them in full sun but the roots remain cool and shaded if you do this - no matter where...
    After you have planted the clematis try put some small stones around the base of the plant - protects the base and roots from getting too warm. I often grow them in full sun but the roots remain...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Macphisto

Lillies Aftercare?

When they have finished flowering in the pots I remove the seed heads and give my plants a good feed to encourage the bulb rather than the plant itself. Like Liz I let them die down and remove...
    When they have finished flowering in the pots I remove the seed heads and give my plants a good feed to encourage the bulb rather than the plant itself. Like Liz I let them die down and remove the stems then. I always leave them in the pots. The trouble with putting them in the ground is that...
    When they have finished flowering in the pots I remove the seed heads and give my plants a good feed to encourage the bulb rather than the plant itself. Like Liz I let them die down and remove the stems then. I always leave them in the pots....
    When they have finished flowering in the pots I remove the seed heads and give my plants a good feed to encourage the bulb rather than the plant itself. Like Liz I let them die down and remove...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. rumble

Lumpy bumpy slopey thing

Interesting shape and size - lots of potential to do things yourself. First decide what you want from this space - what do you want to do in it - and what would be your ideal style - thats where...
    Interesting shape and size - lots of potential to do things yourself. First decide what you want from this space - what do you want to do in it - and what would be your ideal style - thats where the books at the garden centre come in real handy.From the picture you posted you need some kind...
    Interesting shape and size - lots of potential to do things yourself. First decide what you want from this space - what do you want to do in it - and what would be your ideal style - thats where the books at the garden centre come in real handy. ...
    Interesting shape and size - lots of potential to do things yourself. First decide what you want from this space - what do you want to do in it - and what would be your ideal style - thats where...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Stingo

Plant named in bible

Whoops!!!I'm only saying what she said..I've planted it anyway and to me it looks like Tradescantia.Stingo :eek:
    Whoops!!!I'm only saying what she said..I've planted it anyway and to me it looks like Tradescantia.Stingo :eek:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. nicsdad

musa

Shiney wouldn't be sowing now till next year.No Probs nicsdad :D [ 04. August 2006, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Banana Man ]
    Shiney wouldn't be sowing now till next year.No Probs nicsdad :D [ 04. August 2006, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Banana Man ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Gogs

Dwarf Lily

My 1st year with this dwarf lily "Red Rum" seems as though it's gonna look good. Anyone else tried it?
    My 1st year with this dwarf lily "Red Rum" seems as though it's gonna look good. Anyone else tried it?
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. macleaf

bottle bush

Thanks LOL willdo
    Thanks LOL willdo
    Thanks LOL willdo
    Thanks LOL willdo
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. sparkle

the image of gardening

I garden because I enjoy it!No big questions, no analysing, just good fresh air and exercise. :D
    I garden because I enjoy it!No big questions, no analysing, just good fresh air and exercise. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Hornbeam

Moth Orchids

Well, Otter Nurseries' branch here in Torquay don't seem able to keep the orchids alive for long enough to offer them at lower prices post flowering. Considering the long-suffering nature of most...
    Well, Otter Nurseries' branch here in Torquay don't seem able to keep the orchids alive for long enough to offer them at lower prices post flowering. Considering the long-suffering nature of most orchids, it's some achievement to ruin them quite so quickly.They also had some extremely poor...
    Well, Otter Nurseries' branch here in Torquay don't seem able to keep the orchids alive for long enough to offer them at lower prices post flowering. Considering the long-suffering nature of most orchids, it's some achievement to ruin them quite...
    Well, Otter Nurseries' branch here in Torquay don't seem able to keep the orchids alive for long enough to offer them at lower prices post flowering. Considering the long-suffering nature of most...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Rich

Boring Datura

Hi, Jazid ... been working hard or away on hols?
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. bonita

Laying and installing square ribbed decking tiles

Ican see you have painstakingly done your garden and a very nice one too. it looks fab.I like your banana groupe the musical ones it looks great.
    Ican see you have painstakingly done your garden and a very nice one too. it looks fab.I like your banana groupe the musical ones it looks great.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. rumble

pleeeze ....... re seedheads question ,,,,,?

Hi, Waco. I picked up the Orange Poppy Thing seeds today, thank you. I only go to the post box twice a week as it's 6km away! Many thanks ... I shall scatter some with gay abandon in the autumn...
    Hi, Waco. I picked up the Orange Poppy Thing seeds today, thank you. I only go to the post box twice a week as it's 6km away! Many thanks ... I shall scatter some with gay abandon in the autumn as I fear they'd dry to dust if I did it now!
    Hi, Waco. I picked up the Orange Poppy Thing seeds today, thank you. I only go to the post box twice a week as it's 6km away! Many thanks ... I shall scatter some with gay abandon in the autumn as I fear they'd dry to dust if I did it now!
    Hi, Waco. I picked up the Orange Poppy Thing seeds today, thank you. I only go to the post box twice a week as it's 6km away! Many thanks ... I shall scatter some with gay abandon in the autumn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. lazy-gardener

protecting bamboo from the wind

A few months ago I bought a bamboo and its doing really well but I am worried about the wind whipping it and breaking the stems as its only youngish they are not very fat yet.The bamboo is in a...
    A few months ago I bought a bamboo and its doing really well but I am worried about the wind whipping it and breaking the stems as its only youngish they are not very fat yet.The bamboo is in a container and it has a house wall to one side and a fence on the other with a shed a couple of...
    A few months ago I bought a bamboo and its doing really well but I am worried about the wind whipping it and breaking the stems as its only youngish they are not very fat yet.The bamboo is in a container and it has a house wall to one side and...
    A few months ago I bought a bamboo and its doing really well but I am worried about the wind whipping it and breaking the stems as its only youngish they are not very fat yet.The bamboo is in a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Whiley

Projects for my incoming garden! EDIT: NEWS!!

Congratulations Whiley - sounds like a winner. Yes cut the rose, and others should form before the autumn, in fact roses will often flower until November/December.I agree with D we need to see...
    Congratulations Whiley - sounds like a winner. Yes cut the rose, and others should form before the autumn, in fact roses will often flower until November/December.I agree with D we need to see pictures
    Congratulations Whiley - sounds like a winner. Yes cut the rose, and others should form before the autumn, in fact roses will often flower until November/December.I agree with D we need to see pictures
    Congratulations Whiley - sounds like a winner. Yes cut the rose, and others should form before the autumn, in fact roses will often flower until November/December.I agree with D we need to see...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Whiley

Poor Mr Geranium...

YAY NEWS! LOOKIT MY PROJECT THREAD! :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. flowerpotjane

Fallen branches

Thank you so much - i will give it a try and let you know. Wasn't sure whether to keep them in the sunshine or not (like ripening tomatoes). I will try the paper bag method!! Cheers, FPJ
    Thank you so much - i will give it a try and let you know. Wasn't sure whether to keep them in the sunshine or not (like ripening tomatoes). I will try the paper bag method!! Cheers, FPJ
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. miss rhianne

I don't know where to begin

hi flowerpotjane a warm welcome to you. Ilove the area where you live. we have been a few times to the forest of dean. my advice to you is dont go chopping trees down willey nilley. sit down and...
    hi flowerpotjane a warm welcome to you. Ilove the area where you live. we have been a few times to the forest of dean. my advice to you is dont go chopping trees down willey nilley. sit down and draw a plan., this is what I DID when we moved in 04. first of all decide where you are going to put...
    hi flowerpotjane a warm welcome to you. Ilove the area where you live. we have been a few times to the forest of dean. my advice to you is dont go chopping trees down willey nilley. sit down and draw a plan., this is what I DID when we moved in...
    hi flowerpotjane a warm welcome to you. Ilove the area where you live. we have been a few times to the forest of dean. my advice to you is dont go chopping trees down willey nilley. sit down and...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice