1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Waco

Trachycarpus

Well my trachy does not look dead yet either. anyway Well done that man!did you see my post on "Chuck outs" just goes to show. I also have a phormium that is springing back to life - oh what fun...
    Well my trachy does not look dead yet either. anyway Well done that man!did you see my post on "Chuck outs" just goes to show. I also have a phormium that is springing back to life - oh what fun we all have.From picture though it does look like you have got away with it, so pleased for you.
    Well my trachy does not look dead yet either. anyway Well done that man!did you see my post on "Chuck outs" just goes to show. I also have a phormium that is springing back to life - oh what fun we all have.From picture though it does look...
    Well my trachy does not look dead yet either. anyway Well done that man!did you see my post on "Chuck outs" just goes to show. I also have a phormium that is springing back to life - oh what fun...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Technopuppy

Question about osteospermums

Waco, I put six in water some time ago. Only one produced roots. It works, but not 100%.
    Waco, I put six in water some time ago. Only one produced roots. It works, but not 100%.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Waco

varigated Honeysuckle

mine seems to be doing OK, I cut it hard back this year for the first time in about 6 (it is much slower) and so far all comming through true but I will watch out thanks.
    mine seems to be doing OK, I cut it hard back this year for the first time in about 6 (it is much slower) and so far all comming through true but I will watch out thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. lazy-gardener

do I deadhead lupins

If you cut them right down you might get a second flush if they are in a good location. If they are in a good location I'd suggest cutting them down to an inch above the ground, leaves and all -...
    If you cut them right down you might get a second flush if they are in a good location. If they are in a good location I'd suggest cutting them down to an inch above the ground, leaves and all - the next flush of leaves are fresh looking and will last the rest of the season.If you cut them to...
    If you cut them right down you might get a second flush if they are in a good location. If they are in a good location I'd suggest cutting them down to an inch above the ground, leaves and all - the next flush of leaves are fresh looking and will...
    If you cut them right down you might get a second flush if they are in a good location. If they are in a good location I'd suggest cutting them down to an inch above the ground, leaves and all -...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. strongylodon

First Callistemon

Many thanks Strongy - I will keep an eye out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. jay

Topsoil

Glad to be of assistance jay ;) , and welcome diviy from swansea 1st post :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jaycee

Ground cover

And in my experience the bees love it too, so its wildlife friendly.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Orchid man

MELLENS

ok dude my bad i spose the ones with th polens are males
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. AnnM

Trouble with baby blackbirds and plug plants!

Michael Bolton CDs work particularly well! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Dave_In_His_Garden

Greek Plant Cuttings

There were no customs there to check, this was a growing plant bought in the airport shop, obviously other countries don't have the same restrictions as we now have. All my cuttings survived and...
    There were no customs there to check, this was a growing plant bought in the airport shop, obviously other countries don't have the same restrictions as we now have. All my cuttings survived and have grown in to healthy plants some flowering with in a year as shown previously on GC.
    There were no customs there to check, this was a growing plant bought in the airport shop, obviously other countries don't have the same restrictions as we now have. All my cuttings survived and have grown in to healthy plants some flowering with...
    There were no customs there to check, this was a growing plant bought in the airport shop, obviously other countries don't have the same restrictions as we now have. All my cuttings survived and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Orchid man

GIANT MELLONS

Hi dudes i have a giant mellon plant do i need to polinate it for it to fruit? or would it fruuit without beeing polinated?
    Hi dudes i have a giant mellon plant do i need to polinate it for it to fruit? or would it fruuit without beeing polinated?
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. SageCat

Lemon Verbena

Lemon verbena (Aloysia triphylla) grows wild here but is getting rare. I have one in my garden and have found it needs regular pruning to encourage new growth and keep a nice shape, otherwise...
    Lemon verbena (Aloysia triphylla) grows wild here but is getting rare. I have one in my garden and have found it needs regular pruning to encourage new growth and keep a nice shape, otherwise they get very straggly. It can reach a height of 10 feet! I dry the leaves for tea. It's called Bela...
    Lemon verbena (Aloysia triphylla) grows wild here but is getting rare. I have one in my garden and have found it needs regular pruning to encourage new growth and keep a nice shape, otherwise they get very straggly. It can reach a height of 10...
    Lemon verbena (Aloysia triphylla) grows wild here but is getting rare. I have one in my garden and have found it needs regular pruning to encourage new growth and keep a nice shape, otherwise...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Technopuppy

Petunia

Thanks Liz. I'll give it a go tonight and if it goes well, will send you some photos Thanks.
    Thanks Liz. I'll give it a go tonight and if it goes well, will send you some photos Thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Victoria

Shed Tidy Up

Hey, Kandy, I like the hanging mouse hotel! B&B ... bed and bugs. Oh, but there are probably some of those around still for people!
    Hey, Kandy, I like the hanging mouse hotel! B&B ... bed and bugs. Oh, but there are probably some of those around still for people!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. jaci

easy planting

Aww thank you bananaman, wish I had a superhero avatar too but the nearest I can get is Poison Ivy :rolleyes: :D
    Aww thank you bananaman, wish I had a superhero avatar too but the nearest I can get is Poison Ivy :rolleyes: :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. windy miller

'acquiring' seeds off my neighbours Cytisus?

Thanks frogesque, I'll take your advice and take cuttings. Don't want to have to climb over twice :D
    Thanks frogesque, I'll take your advice and take cuttings. Don't want to have to climb over twice :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. chkm8

Boggy/wetland area

chkm8, you just got to have a gunnera! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. PeterS

Wet and Dry - Liatris Spicata

Yep it's the flower spikes that are begining to show colour. Probably about 5" tall just now. When I planted them in spring last year they took forever to show and it was late autumn before they...
    Yep it's the flower spikes that are begining to show colour. Probably about 5" tall just now. When I planted them in spring last year they took forever to show and it was late autumn before they showed their true worth. This year they're much further forward so maybe they don't like disturbance.
    Yep it's the flower spikes that are begining to show colour. Probably about 5" tall just now. When I planted them in spring last year they took forever to show and it was late autumn before they showed their true worth. This year they're much...
    Yep it's the flower spikes that are begining to show colour. Probably about 5" tall just now. When I planted them in spring last year they took forever to show and it was late autumn before they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. jay

Daft question but..

Erm, I plant out my leeks in July ! But have overwintering varietiy (Yates Empire) for the hungry gap (they last til end April), so maybe that's why I get away with planting out later? [...
    Erm, I plant out my leeks in July ! But have overwintering varietiy (Yates Empire) for the hungry gap (they last til end April), so maybe that's why I get away with planting out later? [ 17. June 2006, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: supersprout ]
    Erm, I plant out my leeks in July ! But have overwintering varietiy (Yates Empire) for the hungry gap (they last til end April), so maybe that's why I get away with planting out later? [ 17. June 2006, 07:46 AM: Message edited by:...
    Erm, I plant out my leeks in July ! But have overwintering varietiy (Yates Empire) for the hungry gap (they last til end April), so maybe that's why I get away with planting out later? [...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. frogesque

Sad :(

use the info from RHS re plants that are less likely to get honey fungus - but they don't make any promises :( http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles1100/honey_fungus.asp
    use the info from RHS re plants that are less likely to get honey fungus - but they don't make any promises :( http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles1100/honey_fungus.asp
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice