1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. The Pea Of Sweetness

We've been doing up on yard and ......

Great way to enjoy a great garden!Well done
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Waco

Man problem?

jay but that is the problem, men don't like "direct orderds", I had him under controll, but just giving him a bit of long reign.cobbybrook, you have to be single!!!anyway are my Prunus...
    jay but that is the problem, men don't like "direct orderds", I had him under controll, but just giving him a bit of long reign.cobbybrook, you have to be single!!!anyway are my Prunus lisitanica going to survive now? should make a good hedge if they do.
    jay but that is the problem, men don't like "direct orderds", I had him under controll, but just giving him a bit of long reign.cobbybrook, you have to be single!!!anyway are my Prunus lisitanica going to survive now? should make a good hedge...
    jay but that is the problem, men don't like "direct orderds", I had him under controll, but just giving him a bit of long reign.cobbybrook, you have to be single!!!anyway are my Prunus...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. The Pea Of Sweetness

Bleeding hearts query no.2!

Chobart, when you say cut it back - by how much? Deadhead or a really serious haircut.
    Chobart, when you say cut it back - by how much? Deadhead or a really serious haircut.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Webmaster

Guerilla Gardeners

I had a good look on their site, they suggest a 'Seed Bomb' :D , fill a balloon with some compost, water and a mix of seeds and throw it out your car whilst driving onto central reservations...
    I had a good look on their site, they suggest a 'Seed Bomb' :D , fill a balloon with some compost, water and a mix of seeds and throw it out your car whilst driving onto central reservations etc.May have to give this a go :DNathan.
    I had a good look on their site, they suggest a 'Seed Bomb' :D , fill a balloon with some compost, water and a mix of seeds and throw it out your car whilst driving onto central reservations etc.May have to give this a go :DNathan.
    I had a good look on their site, they suggest a 'Seed Bomb' :D , fill a balloon with some compost, water and a mix of seeds and throw it out your car whilst driving onto central reservations...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Ystalyfera

Plant for security measures

oops still have two memberships open after forgetting one and it always logs in under Firefox on this one
    oops still have two memberships open after forgetting one and it always logs in under Firefox on this one
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Hornbeam

Angelica and Hemlock

Sorry for the earlier confusion - must be the heat! This is henbane and its nothing like hemlock. Only the names are similar. The whole plant of henbane is very poisonous but it is now quite...
    Sorry for the earlier confusion - must be the heat! This is henbane and its nothing like hemlock. Only the names are similar. The whole plant of henbane is very poisonous but it is now quite rare.
    Sorry for the earlier confusion - must be the heat! This is henbane and its nothing like hemlock. Only the names are similar. The whole plant of henbane is very poisonous but it is now quite rare.
    Sorry for the earlier confusion - must be the heat! This is henbane and its nothing like hemlock. Only the names are similar. The whole plant of henbane is very poisonous but it is now quite...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. jay

Cuttings

Two varieties that will root freely in water are weeping willow and twisted willow. My neighbour and I both have nice little twisted willow trees grown from twigs in bouquets of flowers, and I...
    Two varieties that will root freely in water are weeping willow and twisted willow. My neighbour and I both have nice little twisted willow trees grown from twigs in bouquets of flowers, and I have several bits of weeping willow rooting up nicely in my pond to try a bonsai one. I would think...
    Two varieties that will root freely in water are weeping willow and twisted willow. My neighbour and I both have nice little twisted willow trees grown from twigs in bouquets of flowers, and I have several bits of weeping willow rooting up nicely...
    Two varieties that will root freely in water are weeping willow and twisted willow. My neighbour and I both have nice little twisted willow trees grown from twigs in bouquets of flowers, and I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. frogesque

Check your sheds this weekend!

Mums and dads beware, my son has a TP climbing frame and the tent window part rolls up, I went to roll it down after about 5 days and there was a honeycomb in it about the size of a large bar...
    Mums and dads beware, my son has a TP climbing frame and the tent window part rolls up, I went to roll it down after about 5 days and there was a honeycomb in it about the size of a large bar chocolate, luckily there were no stingers that i noticed about when i found it, but i dread to think...
    Mums and dads beware, my son has a TP climbing frame and the tent window part rolls up, I went to roll it down after about 5 days and there was a honeycomb in it about the size of a large bar chocolate, luckily there were no stingers that i...
    Mums and dads beware, my son has a TP climbing frame and the tent window part rolls up, I went to roll it down after about 5 days and there was a honeycomb in it about the size of a large bar...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. shwn29

rhododedenron

The first sentance is the clue I think. Rhodies do not do well in full sun. They are shade lovers doing well in dappled and partial shade. They are quite shallow rooted so I would imagine that if...
    The first sentance is the clue I think. Rhodies do not do well in full sun. They are shade lovers doing well in dappled and partial shade. They are quite shallow rooted so I would imagine that if its in full sun,its not getting enough water.I would lift it and move it into a shadier place -...
    The first sentance is the clue I think. Rhodies do not do well in full sun. They are shade lovers doing well in dappled and partial shade. They are quite shallow rooted so I would imagine that if its in full sun,its not getting enough water.I...
    The first sentance is the clue I think. Rhodies do not do well in full sun. They are shade lovers doing well in dappled and partial shade. They are quite shallow rooted so I would imagine that if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Liz

Ceanothus

If anybody wants cuttings from it your welcome, I would need advice as to best time to do it, bearing in mind its evergreen and never dormant, and best way to send thro' the post?elainefiz:...
    If anybody wants cuttings from it your welcome, I would need advice as to best time to do it, bearing in mind its evergreen and never dormant, and best way to send thro' the post?elainefiz: Thanks, hope you are not in a hurry then? ;)PeterS: :D I like that, reminds me of my late mother who...
    If anybody wants cuttings from it your welcome, I would need advice as to best time to do it, bearing in mind its evergreen and never dormant, and best way to send thro' the post?elainefiz: Thanks, hope you are not in a hurry then? ;)PeterS: ...
    If anybody wants cuttings from it your welcome, I would need advice as to best time to do it, bearing in mind its evergreen and never dormant, and best way to send thro' the post?elainefiz:...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Geometer

Happy Hippy: about Robins

Thanks Geometer, take your point so far, look forward to hearing from you again! ;)
    Thanks Geometer, take your point so far, look forward to hearing from you again! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Liz

Yet another idea

I've been Freecycled! I am a natural hoarder and have to restrain myself quite severely to avoid ending up like the people on TV who can't get in their houses for 'things' piled waist...
    I've been Freecycled! I am a natural hoarder and have to restrain myself quite severely to avoid ending up like the people on TV who can't get in their houses for 'things' piled waist high.... Freecycle appeals to all my worst instincts, and I blame GC for introducing me to it. :D ANYWAY, I...
    I've been Freecycled! I am a natural hoarder and have to restrain myself quite severely to avoid ending up like the people on TV who can't get in their houses for 'things' piled waist high.... Freecycle appeals to all my worst instincts, and I...
    I've been Freecycled! I am a natural hoarder and have to restrain myself quite severely to avoid ending up like the people on TV who can't get in their houses for 'things' piled waist...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. poppy

chinees lanten

thanks very much for answering, ive transplanted them to a large pot, and day 2 they still look good ...... not expecting anything this year, but hopefully next year the kids will have fun...
    thanks very much for answering, ive transplanted them to a large pot, and day 2 they still look good ...... not expecting anything this year, but hopefully next year the kids will have fun squishing the orange lanterns .... well thats what i used to do as a child .. lol !!
    thanks very much for answering, ive transplanted them to a large pot, and day 2 they still look good ...... not expecting anything this year, but hopefully next year the kids will have fun squishing the orange lanterns .... well thats what i used...
    thanks very much for answering, ive transplanted them to a large pot, and day 2 they still look good ...... not expecting anything this year, but hopefully next year the kids will have fun...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ChrisM

Hello and rusty mint

Thanks Liz
    Thanks Liz
    Thanks Liz
    Thanks Liz
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. AmandaClareEmily

Attractive climber pot plant to grow over shed?

If you want something quick, cheap and cheefull for this summer while you get something else established then why not plant up a container of sweetpeas. They will quickly head upwards to the light...
    If you want something quick, cheap and cheefull for this summer while you get something else established then why not plant up a container of sweetpeas. They will quickly head upwards to the light and then tumble over the shed roof. Just put a bit of netting over the roof to give them something...
    If you want something quick, cheap and cheefull for this summer while you get something else established then why not plant up a container of sweetpeas. They will quickly head upwards to the light and then tumble over the shed roof. Just put a...
    If you want something quick, cheap and cheefull for this summer while you get something else established then why not plant up a container of sweetpeas. They will quickly head upwards to the light...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Stingo

Geranium sinense and geranium lovers

Hi jjordieI meant I've posted pics in the other hardy geranium site of my other geraniums. This new one isn't in flower yet.Yes it's meant to have near black flowers on the new geranium and my...
    Hi jjordieI meant I've posted pics in the other hardy geranium site of my other geraniums. This new one isn't in flower yet.Yes it's meant to have near black flowers on the new geranium and my rose should be a deep red.Neither are in flower yet though as they are both new.
    Hi jjordieI meant I've posted pics in the other hardy geranium site of my other geraniums. This new one isn't in flower yet.Yes it's meant to have near black flowers on the new geranium and my rose should be a deep red.Neither are in flower...
    Hi jjordieI meant I've posted pics in the other hardy geranium site of my other geraniums. This new one isn't in flower yet.Yes it's meant to have near black flowers on the new geranium and my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Marley Farley

Elderflowers are coming....!!!

you could make some wine or cordial with the berrys..or even include them in jam..the berrys are excellent to boost your imune system so you can fight the winter flu and cold germs...mine are only...
    you could make some wine or cordial with the berrys..or even include them in jam..the berrys are excellent to boost your imune system so you can fight the winter flu and cold germs...mine are only just opening out..
    you could make some wine or cordial with the berrys..or even include them in jam..the berrys are excellent to boost your imune system so you can fight the winter flu and cold germs...mine are only just opening out..
    you could make some wine or cordial with the berrys..or even include them in jam..the berrys are excellent to boost your imune system so you can fight the winter flu and cold germs...mine are only...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Rich

The escapee.

Yes, it does quite well when offsets are pushed into the crumbling mortar of an old wall. I used to have several clumps grown in this way and when carrying 4 or 5 flower spikes, they looked...
    Yes, it does quite well when offsets are pushed into the crumbling mortar of an old wall. I used to have several clumps grown in this way and when carrying 4 or 5 flower spikes, they looked rather more interesting than they would if pot grown.
    Yes, it does quite well when offsets are pushed into the crumbling mortar of an old wall. I used to have several clumps grown in this way and when carrying 4 or 5 flower spikes, they looked rather more interesting than they would if pot grown.
    Yes, it does quite well when offsets are pushed into the crumbling mortar of an old wall. I used to have several clumps grown in this way and when carrying 4 or 5 flower spikes, they looked...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. frogesque

Pleione

Earthquake?
    Earthquake?
    Earthquake?
    Earthquake?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. cathysue

Barbecue Ashes

I usually scatter ours around the fruit trees. Ash from green wood is high in potash, but I've got my doubts about the potash content of ash from charcoal. It won't do your soil structure any harm...
    I usually scatter ours around the fruit trees. Ash from green wood is high in potash, but I've got my doubts about the potash content of ash from charcoal. It won't do your soil structure any harm wherever you put it and so long as it isn't in a big thick layer, chucking it on the compost heap ...
    I usually scatter ours around the fruit trees. Ash from green wood is high in potash, but I've got my doubts about the potash content of ash from charcoal. It won't do your soil structure any harm wherever you put it and so long as it isn't in a...
    I usually scatter ours around the fruit trees. Ash from green wood is high in potash, but I've got my doubts about the potash content of ash from charcoal. It won't do your soil structure any harm...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice