1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Vegas Al

Landscape Gardening

Hello there, We are shortly going to spend a considerable amount of money on our garden. This will include paving, new lawn, tree removal etc. We are shortly going to get 5 landscape gardeners...
    Hello there, We are shortly going to spend a considerable amount of money on our garden. This will include paving, new lawn, tree removal etc. We are shortly going to get 5 landscape gardeners to give us quotes and would ask for some advice on the best questions to ask them. Your help...
    Hello there, We are shortly going to spend a considerable amount of money on our garden. This will include paving, new lawn, tree removal etc. We are shortly going to get 5 landscape gardeners to give us quotes and would ask for some advice...
    Hello there, We are shortly going to spend a considerable amount of money on our garden. This will include paving, new lawn, tree removal etc. We are shortly going to get 5 landscape gardeners...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Alasdair

Beechgrove Garden

Just watched this weeks episode and found out that I actually know the head gardener.He was my crew chief way back when we were both in the Navy, like me he's a wee bit heavier and...
    Just watched this weeks episode and found out that I actually know the head gardener.He was my crew chief way back when we were both in the Navy, like me he's a wee bit heavier and balder.Alasdair
    Just watched this weeks episode and found out that I actually know the head gardener.He was my crew chief way back when we were both in the Navy, like me he's a wee bit heavier and balder.Alasdair
    Just watched this weeks episode and found out that I actually know the head gardener.He was my crew chief way back when we were both in the Navy, like me he's a wee bit heavier and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Hornbeam

Tenacity in towns

Im always amazed at buddleia growing out of walls half way up old empty buildings!
    Im always amazed at buddleia growing out of walls half way up old empty buildings!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. stickman

rootstock question

I think this is one of those questions like "how long is a piece of string" it would be difficult to say really although the flowers will be nice:flag:
    I think this is one of those questions like "how long is a piece of string" it would be difficult to say really although the flowers will be nice:flag:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. loulou

skimmias

thanks very much for all the info-worth a try as the original plant is healthy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. andrew35

Hi All - I'm new on here - general question

Joyce, you mean dig it out. If you just pull it out, as Pal says, it is a thug and like The Terminator it will be back.
    Joyce, you mean dig it out. If you just pull it out, as Pal says, it is a thug and like The Terminator it will be back.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Loofah

New crystal palace?

Did anyone se this? A Chinese investment firm are looking to rebuild the london crystal palace! The plans are available for comment (or were perhaps) and they're looking to submit something in...
    Did anyone se this? A Chinese investment firm are looking to rebuild the london crystal palace! The plans are available for comment (or were perhaps) and they're looking to submit something in autumn. That would be phenomenolwww.thelondoncrystalpalace.com
    Did anyone se this? A Chinese investment firm are looking to rebuild the london crystal palace! The plans are available for comment (or were perhaps) and they're looking to submit something in autumn. That would be...
    Did anyone se this? A Chinese investment firm are looking to rebuild the london crystal palace! The plans are available for comment (or were perhaps) and they're looking to submit something in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Victoria

Hibiscus, Advice Needed

Thanks, David, we are now dry as hell! :D :D :DI've moved it's location! :confused:
    Thanks, David, we are now dry as hell! :D :D :DI've moved it's location! :confused:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Liz

black or red?

Thanks both, I will be going out to pinch and sniff shortly.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Helofadigger

Do you read first?

I don't think I'd be drawn to a gardening book that didn't have any pictures. One likes to see what the results might be, after all.
    I don't think I'd be drawn to a gardening book that didn't have any pictures. One likes to see what the results might be, after all.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Paul N

Ideas for what else to plant

Thanks Lisa.
    Thanks Lisa.
    Thanks Lisa.
    Thanks Lisa.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. johnygrowall

frog

Despite the recent cold they seem to be starting to spawn so you can expect to see some in ponds anytime now.:)
    Despite the recent cold they seem to be starting to spawn so you can expect to see some in ponds anytime now.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. nikirushka

Grass substitutes?

I am going to ditch my lawn as I just can't keep on top of it - it is all fast growing species and between work/weather/my back and joints (and when I do get it done, it is intensely painful for...
    I am going to ditch my lawn as I just can't keep on top of it - it is all fast growing species and between work/weather/my back and joints (and when I do get it done, it is intensely painful for me), I can only keep it short for 2-3 weeks before everything conspires to stop me mowing and it gets...
    I am going to ditch my lawn as I just can't keep on top of it - it is all fast growing species and between work/weather/my back and joints (and when I do get it done, it is intensely painful for me), I can only keep it short for 2-3 weeks before...
    I am going to ditch my lawn as I just can't keep on top of it - it is all fast growing species and between work/weather/my back and joints (and when I do get it done, it is intensely painful for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. billthefire

New Grape Vine

Actually the best way is outside a greenhouse and lead the shoot in somehow, as the roots like a large cool root run
    Actually the best way is outside a greenhouse and lead the shoot in somehow, as the roots like a large cool root run
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Tropical Oasis

Beschorneria yuccoides

You have your priorities right TO,
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. frogesque

Thrift

Thrift (Armeria maritima).Getting past its best now but a wonderful late spring favourite on any coastal walk. Look carefully though, there are still blooms to be found on north facing rocks or...
    Thrift (Armeria maritima).Getting past its best now but a wonderful late spring favourite on any coastal walk. Look carefully though, there are still blooms to be found on north facing rocks or in shady gulliesIt doesn't ususally grow as tall as the garden cultivars and is a wonderfull...
    Thrift (Armeria maritima).Getting past its best now but a wonderful late spring favourite on any coastal walk. Look carefully though, there are still blooms to be found on north facing rocks or in shady gulliesIt doesn't ususally grow as...
    Thrift (Armeria maritima).Getting past its best now but a wonderful late spring favourite on any coastal walk. Look carefully though, there are still blooms to be found on north facing rocks or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. mowgley

Seedlings

thank you very much, i think i will leave the propagator on for another couple of days and the lids till i get at least 2 sets of leaves
    thank you very much, i think i will leave the propagator on for another couple of days and the lids till i get at least 2 sets of leaves
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Fastboy

Lilly of Valley, what now ?

OK lily of the valley.. I have tried these in my garden,so many times,but have never seen them the following year,why do they disappear. even potted up one year and planted them in early...
    OK lily of the valley.. I have tried these in my garden,so many times,but have never seen them the following year,why do they disappear. even potted up one year and planted them in early spring,and still they vanished.
    OK lily of the valley.. I have tried these in my garden,so many times,but have never seen them the following year,why do they disappear. even potted up one year and planted them in early spring,and still they vanished.
    OK lily of the valley.. I have tried these in my garden,so many times,but have never seen them the following year,why do they disappear. even potted up one year and planted them in early...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Charentejohn

Metal raised bed on concrete, drainage required ?

Some large some small Dahlias, in these containers it will be 2-3 dahlias + other plants. I can water ok as we have a cistern (about 4 cubic metres) close by. As I said we are the 'anti...
    Some large some small Dahlias, in these containers it will be 2-3 dahlias + other plants. I can water ok as we have a cistern (about 4 cubic metres) close by. As I said we are the 'anti gardeners' when it comes to plants, we lose a lot due to lack of knowledge and general inattention. Trying...
    Some large some small Dahlias, in these containers it will be 2-3 dahlias + other plants. I can water ok as we have a cistern (about 4 cubic metres) close by. As I said we are the 'anti gardeners' when it comes to plants, we lose a lot due to...
    Some large some small Dahlias, in these containers it will be 2-3 dahlias + other plants. I can water ok as we have a cistern (about 4 cubic metres) close by. As I said we are the 'anti...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. fionaclancy

Bamboo needs saving

thank goodness you were nt left the cat!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice