Your very welcome
    Your very welcome
    Your very welcome
    Your very welcome
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Larburnum

Stargazer Lilies

Thanks again, the leaves are still lovely and green and very healthy looking so I will leave until they go brown. Never heard of Lily beetle Fran so I looked it up on internet to see what it...
    Thanks again, the leaves are still lovely and green and very healthy looking so I will leave until they go brown. Never heard of Lily beetle Fran so I looked it up on internet to see what it looked like. Nasty red little thing which I have never seen before. There was a Map showing where it had...
    Thanks again, the leaves are still lovely and green and very healthy looking so I will leave until they go brown. Never heard of Lily beetle Fran so I looked it up on internet to see what it looked like. Nasty red little thing which I have never...
    Thanks again, the leaves are still lovely and green and very healthy looking so I will leave until they go brown. Never heard of Lily beetle Fran so I looked it up on internet to see what it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Ben

Newcomer would like to plant a bush/nettles

Gorse, berberis (thunbergii), Holly (slow growing though and you need male and female for berries which can take up to 20 years before the bush matures), Hawthorn (a native with superb scented...
    Gorse, berberis (thunbergii), Holly (slow growing though and you need male and female for berries which can take up to 20 years before the bush matures), Hawthorn (a native with superb scented blossom in either white, red or pink varieties) and sloe (blackthorn, Prunus spinosa) will all fill the...
    Gorse, berberis (thunbergii), Holly (slow growing though and you need male and female for berries which can take up to 20 years before the bush matures), Hawthorn (a native with superb scented blossom in either white, red or pink varieties) and...
    Gorse, berberis (thunbergii), Holly (slow growing though and you need male and female for berries which can take up to 20 years before the bush matures), Hawthorn (a native with superb scented...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Fran

Year round colour

For those of you with pictures of colour in your garden any month of the year (berry leaf or flower)- don't forget to add them to the message sections for that month. January to September is there...
    For those of you with pictures of colour in your garden any month of the year (berry leaf or flower)- don't forget to add them to the message sections for that month. January to September is there and can be found by using search - and additions would be very welcome to build a searchable...
    For those of you with pictures of colour in your garden any month of the year (berry leaf or flower)- don't forget to add them to the message sections for that month. January to September is there and can be found by using search - and additions...
    For those of you with pictures of colour in your garden any month of the year (berry leaf or flower)- don't forget to add them to the message sections for that month. January to September is there...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. mad mick-w

pieris and cyclamen living together

Thanks, I have now planted them up and they look great. Mad mickw
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Badass

poor flowering

Thanks Sam I have Rhododendrons and Azaleas in wooden barrels and they do fine,also hostas in pots which I cut down and top dress with compost. I was thinking more of bamboo and ferns but I could...
    Thanks Sam I have Rhododendrons and Azaleas in wooden barrels and they do fine,also hostas in pots which I cut down and top dress with compost. I was thinking more of bamboo and ferns but I could always move them into the greenhouse if they don't get too heavy. Could I keep a red hot poker...
    Thanks Sam I have Rhododendrons and Azaleas in wooden barrels and they do fine,also hostas in pots which I cut down and top dress with compost. I was thinking more of bamboo and ferns but I could always move them into the greenhouse if they don't...
    Thanks Sam I have Rhododendrons and Azaleas in wooden barrels and they do fine,also hostas in pots which I cut down and top dress with compost. I was thinking more of bamboo and ferns but I could...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. IckleWeed

Ground Cover ??

My neighbour planted periwinkle as ground cover before removing and turning front garden into a car park - and now I can't get rid of it.
    My neighbour planted periwinkle as ground cover before removing and turning front garden into a car park - and now I can't get rid of it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. heppy

help

Great project to have!As well as the advice given by Paladin I would also add look carefully at the lay of the land Does it slope N-S, E-W, S -N etc? What's the relationship of the house in all...
    Great project to have!As well as the advice given by Paladin I would also add look carefully at the lay of the land Does it slope N-S, E-W, S -N etc? What's the relationship of the house in all this and what shaddows, (summer and winter)will be cast once you have the garage built. How exposed...
    Great project to have!As well as the advice given by Paladin I would also add look carefully at the lay of the land Does it slope N-S, E-W, S -N etc? What's the relationship of the house in all this and what shaddows, (summer and winter)will...
    Great project to have!As well as the advice given by Paladin I would also add look carefully at the lay of the land Does it slope N-S, E-W, S -N etc? What's the relationship of the house in all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. benosc

Lychen on Azalias

lichen at the moment is a problem i was told it is to do with cleaner air if it is not that large try to run your hannds along the branches to scrape it off the lichen it will not damage the plant...
    lichen at the moment is a problem i was told it is to do with cleaner air if it is not that large try to run your hannds along the branches to scrape it off the lichen it will not damage the plant though it does look like it will smother the plant good luck :D :D
    lichen at the moment is a problem i was told it is to do with cleaner air if it is not that large try to run your hannds along the branches to scrape it off the lichen it will not damage the plant though it does look like it will smother the...
    lichen at the moment is a problem i was told it is to do with cleaner air if it is not that large try to run your hannds along the branches to scrape it off the lichen it will not damage the plant...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Spewy

Pampas grass

Best way to 'cut back' pampas is to set fire to it! OK it may not be practical if you have a small garden, or a local council that frowns upon anything smokey (but you'll see loads of 'them'...
    Best way to 'cut back' pampas is to set fire to it! OK it may not be practical if you have a small garden, or a local council that frowns upon anything smokey (but you'll see loads of 'them' outside their offices lighting up during a cigarette break :rolleyes: ) Fire brigades can also be a bit...
    Best way to 'cut back' pampas is to set fire to it! OK it may not be practical if you have a small garden, or a local council that frowns upon anything smokey (but you'll see loads of 'them' outside their offices lighting up during a cigarette...
    Best way to 'cut back' pampas is to set fire to it! OK it may not be practical if you have a small garden, or a local council that frowns upon anything smokey (but you'll see loads of 'them'...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. berry

Bulbs

Bulbs need to grow and make leaf for the following year's flowers. Flowering in the first year isn't important, it's the leaves and roots that produce the goodness which the bulb stores. Left...
    Bulbs need to grow and make leaf for the following year's flowers. Flowering in the first year isn't important, it's the leaves and roots that produce the goodness which the bulb stores. Left unplanted they will attempt to shoot but starved of nutrients from soil via roots and sugars from the...
    Bulbs need to grow and make leaf for the following year's flowers. Flowering in the first year isn't important, it's the leaves and roots that produce the goodness which the bulb stores. Left unplanted they will attempt to shoot but starved of...
    Bulbs need to grow and make leaf for the following year's flowers. Flowering in the first year isn't important, it's the leaves and roots that produce the goodness which the bulb stores. Left...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Linda

Question

Skimmia can be either hermaphrodite (self polinating) or dioecious (like Holly, needing both male and female plants for the females to bear fruit) Sorry but I can't find anything specicific for...
    Skimmia can be either hermaphrodite (self polinating) or dioecious (like Holly, needing both male and female plants for the females to bear fruit) Sorry but I can't find anything specicific for 'Olympic Flame'and I don't know if it would cross pollinate with a hermaphrodite variety.
    Skimmia can be either hermaphrodite (self polinating) or dioecious (like Holly, needing both male and female plants for the females to bear fruit) Sorry but I can't find anything specicific for 'Olympic Flame'and I don't know if it would cross...
    Skimmia can be either hermaphrodite (self polinating) or dioecious (like Holly, needing both male and female plants for the females to bear fruit) Sorry but I can't find anything specicific for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Nik

Just for fun.

Lettuce ;) :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Liz

Bacopa seeds

I had a hanging basket (bought) that was just Bacopa Snowflake and it looked marvellous. Then I read that it wasn't hardy and spent an absolute age trying to find something I could stand it on...
    I had a hanging basket (bought) that was just Bacopa Snowflake and it looked marvellous. Then I read that it wasn't hardy and spent an absolute age trying to find something I could stand it on when I brought it indoors. I finally settled on an up-side-down plant support, one with three wire legs...
    I had a hanging basket (bought) that was just Bacopa Snowflake and it looked marvellous. Then I read that it wasn't hardy and spent an absolute age trying to find something I could stand it on when I brought it indoors. I finally settled on an...
    I had a hanging basket (bought) that was just Bacopa Snowflake and it looked marvellous. Then I read that it wasn't hardy and spent an absolute age trying to find something I could stand it on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fran

June Garden Colour

Thats the only one I've got, they dont really do well here either.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. mowgley

Poppy seeds

Do you know or can you find out what types of poppies the seed originated from ? Most poppies will thrive in any reasonable soil and can take full sun or part shade. I have oriental poppies...
    Do you know or can you find out what types of poppies the seed originated from ? Most poppies will thrive in any reasonable soil and can take full sun or part shade. I have oriental poppies (Papaver orientale) which I find attractive when in flower but as soon as flowering is over, I cut down...
    Do you know or can you find out what types of poppies the seed originated from ? Most poppies will thrive in any reasonable soil and can take full sun or part shade. I have oriental poppies (Papaver orientale) which I find attractive when in...
    Do you know or can you find out what types of poppies the seed originated from ? Most poppies will thrive in any reasonable soil and can take full sun or part shade. I have oriental poppies...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Spewy

Help

Thanks all
    Thanks all
    Thanks all
    Thanks all
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. fimonkey

Where to even start??

Another tip - I would plant or plan where you wanna put your shrubs before you plant your bulbs - can save you having to replant and reposition your bulbs later - and if you have a lot of bulbs,...
    Another tip - I would plant or plan where you wanna put your shrubs before you plant your bulbs - can save you having to replant and reposition your bulbs later - and if you have a lot of bulbs, this can become a somewhat tedious task.
    Another tip - I would plant or plan where you wanna put your shrubs before you plant your bulbs - can save you having to replant and reposition your bulbs later - and if you have a lot of bulbs, this can become a somewhat tedious task.
    Another tip - I would plant or plan where you wanna put your shrubs before you plant your bulbs - can save you having to replant and reposition your bulbs later - and if you have a lot of bulbs,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. LOCHAN

RHODIDENDREN

ignore that postwrong plant [ 19. September 2005, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: aqua ]
    ignore that postwrong plant [ 19. September 2005, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: aqua ]
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice