Okay I'll do that. Thank you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Smiler

Climbers

Thank you. Sorry I didn't give more information!Yes my garden is very sunny. I do want something which flowers but will give good coverage all year round. I have to be careful that it isn't...
    Thank you. Sorry I didn't give more information!Yes my garden is very sunny. I do want something which flowers but will give good coverage all year round. I have to be careful that it isn't anything poisonous as I have an 18 month old daughter. I love Roses but the thorns scare me a little...
    Thank you. Sorry I didn't give more information!Yes my garden is very sunny. I do want something which flowers but will give good coverage all year round. I have to be careful that it isn't anything poisonous as I have an 18 month old...
    Thank you. Sorry I didn't give more information!Yes my garden is very sunny. I do want something which flowers but will give good coverage all year round. I have to be careful that it isn't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. greenfingers

rare plants list

Although like Marley still unsure what it is your looking for other than plants not grown or sold in your area.However if you find a plant you want from your internet searches is to go toRHS web...
    Although like Marley still unsure what it is your looking for other than plants not grown or sold in your area.However if you find a plant you want from your internet searches is to go toRHS web site plantfinder. That identifies who sells what and provides contact details.
    Although like Marley still unsure what it is your looking for other than plants not grown or sold in your area.However if you find a plant you want from your internet searches is to go toRHS web site plantfinder. That identifies who sells what...
    Although like Marley still unsure what it is your looking for other than plants not grown or sold in your area.However if you find a plant you want from your internet searches is to go toRHS web...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. northern lass

cuttings

I dunno, bidens? is that that plant that looks like a marigold?
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. callyomally

My soil needs your help

Thanks Fran. Can I plant something when I have added the compost do you think?
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. aqua

Patience

Hi AquaI know what you mean, I already have lots of seeds for next year as well as a heap of tulip bulbs. You can sow some seeds in Sept/ oct for early flowering next year but check the back of...
    Hi AquaI know what you mean, I already have lots of seeds for next year as well as a heap of tulip bulbs. You can sow some seeds in Sept/ oct for early flowering next year but check the back of the packets to see which ones. I have some poppy, godetia and corn cockles that im going to sow...
    Hi AquaI know what you mean, I already have lots of seeds for next year as well as a heap of tulip bulbs. You can sow some seeds in Sept/ oct for early flowering next year but check the back of the packets to see which ones. I have some...
    Hi AquaI know what you mean, I already have lots of seeds for next year as well as a heap of tulip bulbs. You can sow some seeds in Sept/ oct for early flowering next year but check the back of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. hans

unusual dahlia

Thanks, I'm not really a flower grower and I thought the photo looked a bit suspicious shall I post or not ..glad I did now. have a nice weekend.
    Thanks, I'm not really a flower grower and I thought the photo looked a bit suspicious shall I post or not ..glad I did now. have a nice weekend.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. marcia

I need help with mushrooms

Some fungi are good and recycle nutrients as in rotting tree parts and will eventually disappear. Others are spread by wind and the mower etc. Good drainage and deep drainage will help eventually...
    Some fungi are good and recycle nutrients as in rotting tree parts and will eventually disappear. Others are spread by wind and the mower etc. Good drainage and deep drainage will help eventually but it's not at all easy. good luck.
    Some fungi are good and recycle nutrients as in rotting tree parts and will eventually disappear. Others are spread by wind and the mower etc. Good drainage and deep drainage will help eventually but it's not at all easy. good luck.
    Some fungi are good and recycle nutrients as in rotting tree parts and will eventually disappear. Others are spread by wind and the mower etc. Good drainage and deep drainage will help eventually...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Midge

planting on a sloping shaded bank

Yes indeedy there are small ferns - take a look at the painted fern. I have an evolving woodland section of my garden, and have planted ferns over the last two years - only one looks like its...
    Yes indeedy there are small ferns - take a look at the painted fern. I have an evolving woodland section of my garden, and have planted ferns over the last two years - only one looks like its going to be a big one, and even that nothing like you see in the countryside.
    Yes indeedy there are small ferns - take a look at the painted fern. I have an evolving woodland section of my garden, and have planted ferns over the last two years - only one looks like its going to be a big one, and even that nothing like you...
    Yes indeedy there are small ferns - take a look at the painted fern. I have an evolving woodland section of my garden, and have planted ferns over the last two years - only one looks like its...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Webmaster

Are you happy with the results of your gardening this year ?

Aqua Your mystery wild flower looks like Honesty to me. Does it have 2P sized round, flat, semitransparant seed pods on it by now? Nik
    Aqua Your mystery wild flower looks like Honesty to me. Does it have 2P sized round, flat, semitransparant seed pods on it by now? Nik
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. litherland

Pruning a wisteria

I dont have a wisteria anymore I planted it in the wrong place and the flowers hung down so far you couldn't walk under it, pity. Anyway, I always used to cut off the long summer shoots to 2-3...
    I dont have a wisteria anymore I planted it in the wrong place and the flowers hung down so far you couldn't walk under it, pity. Anyway, I always used to cut off the long summer shoots to 2-3 buds in august, that is if you dont want them for extension growth. It does no harm and keeps it...
    I dont have a wisteria anymore I planted it in the wrong place and the flowers hung down so far you couldn't walk under it, pity. Anyway, I always used to cut off the long summer shoots to 2-3 buds in august, that is if you dont want them for...
    I dont have a wisteria anymore I planted it in the wrong place and the flowers hung down so far you couldn't walk under it, pity. Anyway, I always used to cut off the long summer shoots to 2-3...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Fran

Angry Gardener

You can grow from seed without a greenhouse Coralbat you just need to wait for the light levels to come up a bit - and sow in a covered propogator close to the house wall. I grow grow all kinds of...
    You can grow from seed without a greenhouse Coralbat you just need to wait for the light levels to come up a bit - and sow in a covered propogator close to the house wall. I grow grow all kinds of bulbs - spring ones planted in the autumn and indeed tubers in a clay soil ncluding dahlias, though...
    You can grow from seed without a greenhouse Coralbat you just need to wait for the light levels to come up a bit - and sow in a covered propogator close to the house wall. I grow grow all kinds of bulbs - spring ones planted in the autumn and...
    You can grow from seed without a greenhouse Coralbat you just need to wait for the light levels to come up a bit - and sow in a covered propogator close to the house wall. I grow grow all kinds of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. andy

Fungus

We have a fungus growing (and expanding) in our lawn. I dig it up, it returns. I've put down lawn sand but its still there. The lawn is about 18 months old, it was laid by a firm and is Sovereign...
    We have a fungus growing (and expanding) in our lawn. I dig it up, it returns. I've put down lawn sand but its still there. The lawn is about 18 months old, it was laid by a firm and is Sovereign turf.here's the pictures ...roja.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/also - one of my trees has died...
    We have a fungus growing (and expanding) in our lawn. I dig it up, it returns. I've put down lawn sand but its still there. The lawn is about 18 months old, it was laid by a firm and is Sovereign turf.here's the pictures...
    We have a fungus growing (and expanding) in our lawn. I dig it up, it returns. I've put down lawn sand but its still there. The lawn is about 18 months old, it was laid by a firm and is Sovereign...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. kevin48

Corylus needs urgent help.

Last spring I planted a corylus in a semishaded position and it started off very well, with a vigorous leaf growth. However, despite regular watering through the hot weather, many of the leaves...
    Last spring I planted a corylus in a semishaded position and it started off very well, with a vigorous leaf growth. However, despite regular watering through the hot weather, many of the leaves have developed a black or dark brown discolouration, particularly nearer the top of the plant. My...
    Last spring I planted a corylus in a semishaded position and it started off very well, with a vigorous leaf growth. However, despite regular watering through the hot weather, many of the leaves have developed a black or dark brown discolouration,...
    Last spring I planted a corylus in a semishaded position and it started off very well, with a vigorous leaf growth. However, despite regular watering through the hot weather, many of the leaves...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Paladin

Frog paradise

Several duly sent on a FROG march,last seen heading north :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. confused

shaded hedge

mixed woodland? maybe something like hornbeam, beech, or hawthorn. all good hedgeing plants and all very good for wildlife.
    mixed woodland? maybe something like hornbeam, beech, or hawthorn. all good hedgeing plants and all very good for wildlife.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. glasgowgreen

Very new gardener, very decrepit old garden

To Bayleaf's excellent advise I would add the following. Sounds like you have cleared the garden, so are facing a fresh canvas - and with the age range of your children - you need a plan, of what...
    To Bayleaf's excellent advise I would add the following. Sounds like you have cleared the garden, so are facing a fresh canvas - and with the age range of your children - you need a plan, of what is going where - for the whole family - parents to chill, kids to explore and play. At this time of...
    To Bayleaf's excellent advise I would add the following. Sounds like you have cleared the garden, so are facing a fresh canvas - and with the age range of your children - you need a plan, of what is going where - for the whole family - parents to...
    To Bayleaf's excellent advise I would add the following. Sounds like you have cleared the garden, so are facing a fresh canvas - and with the age range of your children - you need a plan, of what...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. IckleWeed

What would you do different ?

Hi there, looking good so far. Im the same as Michaelmasdaisy and i have dug up and moved lots of things as ive gotten better at knowing where things would do better or look better. Im not too...
    Hi there, looking good so far. Im the same as Michaelmasdaisy and i have dug up and moved lots of things as ive gotten better at knowing where things would do better or look better. Im not too worried about the plants though as they are usually pretty easy to shift and will often let you away...
    Hi there, looking good so far. Im the same as Michaelmasdaisy and i have dug up and moved lots of things as ive gotten better at knowing where things would do better or look better. Im not too worried about the plants though as they are usually...
    Hi there, looking good so far. Im the same as Michaelmasdaisy and i have dug up and moved lots of things as ive gotten better at knowing where things would do better or look better. Im not too...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Skelf

Frosts are coming - will my tubs survive?

Another ruse is to move them closer to the building into a sheltered spot, if poss. Even in winter there is a storage heater effect which will make this area a few degrees warmer than out in the...
    Another ruse is to move them closer to the building into a sheltered spot, if poss. Even in winter there is a storage heater effect which will make this area a few degrees warmer than out in the garden.My thyme has been covered with snow several winters now, though, and doesn't look any the...
    Another ruse is to move them closer to the building into a sheltered spot, if poss. Even in winter there is a storage heater effect which will make this area a few degrees warmer than out in the garden.My thyme has been covered with snow...
    Another ruse is to move them closer to the building into a sheltered spot, if poss. Even in winter there is a storage heater effect which will make this area a few degrees warmer than out in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. T

Aquilegia

Thanks for that,its interesting to see what happens when they come up.I'm always asuming its me thats not green fingered but I'm getting quit impressed with what I have learnt up to now with a...
    Thanks for that,its interesting to see what happens when they come up.I'm always asuming its me thats not green fingered but I'm getting quit impressed with what I have learnt up to now with a little help from my friends of course this web site is great. Off to the garden festival now at Ness.
    Thanks for that,its interesting to see what happens when they come up.I'm always asuming its me thats not green fingered but I'm getting quit impressed with what I have learnt up to now with a little help from my friends of course this web site...
    Thanks for that,its interesting to see what happens when they come up.I'm always asuming its me thats not green fingered but I'm getting quit impressed with what I have learnt up to now with a...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice