General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. willsgarden

dahlia seeds

i have massive bushy dahlias nowis it still possible to take the cuttings? and if so how? i havent a clue on thisThanksWill
    i have massive bushy dahlias nowis it still possible to take the cuttings? and if so how? i havent a clue on thisThanksWill
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. jelly belly

stinging nettles!

Great Fran if you can stand the stink. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. jjordie

Birds in the garden

Now that is helpful - I didn't know about a bird forum with prompt response - very useful.
    Now that is helpful - I didn't know about a bird forum with prompt response - very useful.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. tigertoe

lolo..... looking for help

good thinking Steve lol Ladybird
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Daisies

planting 'oop North'

PS Glenn, there a thread under General Discussion named "Christmas Potato" which is generating some interesting comment. I should take a look there if you haven't already! [ 09. August 2005,...
    PS Glenn, there a thread under General Discussion named "Christmas Potato" which is generating some interesting comment. I should take a look there if you haven't already! [ 09. August 2005, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: michaelmasdaisy ]
    PS Glenn, there a thread under General Discussion named "Christmas Potato" which is generating some interesting comment. I should take a look there if you haven't already! [ 09. August 2005, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: michaelmasdaisy ]
    PS Glenn, there a thread under General Discussion named "Christmas Potato" which is generating some interesting comment. I should take a look there if you haven't already! [ 09. August 2005,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. aqua

Flag Stones/Bricks - Cleaning

I've sprayed with algon for the first onslaught after a chat with my Dad who thinks its fab stuff :D so I'll keep you all updated
    I've sprayed with algon for the first onslaught after a chat with my Dad who thinks its fab stuff :D so I'll keep you all updated
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Andrew_Swansea

Vitis Vinifera

If it came from the med. area then there's a good chance they may be palateable. As for the distorted leaves, if its just a bit of black fly I wouldn't worry too much.
    If it came from the med. area then there's a good chance they may be palateable. As for the distorted leaves, if its just a bit of black fly I wouldn't worry too much.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. tigertoe

Colours

many thanks there Bayleaf, just ordered colour chart
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. stiofan

Bromelia Jungle Star problem/question

Ok thanks, it would be a shame to throw such a big plant away though.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Jojo1

Can anybody help please?

:)Hi M/daisy. Have done a similar thing to stop a shrub drying out too much as we have such lovely soil, but it drys very quickly as it is so free draining. The plant is very happy under these...
    :)Hi M/daisy. Have done a similar thing to stop a shrub drying out too much as we have such lovely soil, but it drys very quickly as it is so free draining. The plant is very happy under these conditions was very unhappy till I did that
    :)Hi M/daisy. Have done a similar thing to stop a shrub drying out too much as we have such lovely soil, but it drys very quickly as it is so free draining. The plant is very happy under these conditions was very unhappy till I did that
    :)Hi M/daisy. Have done a similar thing to stop a shrub drying out too much as we have such lovely soil, but it drys very quickly as it is so free draining. The plant is very happy under these...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Fishsuep

Finding a fuschia

Hi SueThis is a list of phone numbers that may stock "Jack Stanway"Hope it help01271 882539 01492 640548 01480 213506 0161 282 7434 01270 625795 01543 422394 01202 813998Some offer a...
    Hi SueThis is a list of phone numbers that may stock "Jack Stanway"Hope it help01271 882539 01492 640548 01480 213506 0161 282 7434 01270 625795 01543 422394 01202 813998Some offer a postal service, it is a little late this year for Fuchsias, if you do not have any luck I have some more...
    Hi SueThis is a list of phone numbers that may stock "Jack Stanway"Hope it help01271 882539 01492 640548 01480 213506 0161 282 7434 01270 625795 01543 422394 01202 813998Some offer a postal service, it is a little late this year for...
    Hi SueThis is a list of phone numbers that may stock "Jack Stanway"Hope it help01271 882539 01492 640548 01480 213506 0161 282 7434 01270 625795 01543 422394 01202 813998Some offer a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. legend

foxgloves and hollyhocks

Your very welcome - but keep them watered til they get established. August can be just a tad dry
    Your very welcome - but keep them watered til they get established. August can be just a tad dry
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Allison J

Getting Rid Of Ivy Trails On Walls ?

If you leave them they will eventually dry and be able to brush off - but there is nothing faster that I know off, and it will still leave an uneven surface.Next time when clearing ivy - cut...
    If you leave them they will eventually dry and be able to brush off - but there is nothing faster that I know off, and it will still leave an uneven surface.Next time when clearing ivy - cut the stem, and then remove as it falls away.
    If you leave them they will eventually dry and be able to brush off - but there is nothing faster that I know off, and it will still leave an uneven surface.Next time when clearing ivy - cut the stem, and then remove as it falls away.
    If you leave them they will eventually dry and be able to brush off - but there is nothing faster that I know off, and it will still leave an uneven surface.Next time when clearing ivy - cut...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. TriniBits

Beginners help -Hedging

HiWe have just got rid of a beech hedge which was not terribly nice and replaced it with a 3ft high fence. However, I would like to have some form of hedging back in place on the side of my...
    HiWe have just got rid of a beech hedge which was not terribly nice and replaced it with a 3ft high fence. However, I would like to have some form of hedging back in place on the side of my house for some more privacy. But I would like it to be relatively low maintenance but quick-growing...
    HiWe have just got rid of a beech hedge which was not terribly nice and replaced it with a 3ft high fence. However, I would like to have some form of hedging back in place on the side of my house for some more privacy. But I would like it to...
    HiWe have just got rid of a beech hedge which was not terribly nice and replaced it with a 3ft high fence. However, I would like to have some form of hedging back in place on the side of my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Webmaster

RHS August 'To Do' list

RHS August 'To Do' listNathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Feline

Oriental poppies

I have an oriental poppy that has already flowered once this summer. Last weekend I looked at it and it had three more flower stems growing. However one looked diseased - the flower head was...
    I have an oriental poppy that has already flowered once this summer. Last weekend I looked at it and it had three more flower stems growing. However one looked diseased - the flower head was turning black and the stalk was bending over. I cut the whole stalk off.As the week went on the...
    I have an oriental poppy that has already flowered once this summer. Last weekend I looked at it and it had three more flower stems growing. However one looked diseased - the flower head was turning black and the stalk was bending over. I cut...
    I have an oriental poppy that has already flowered once this summer. Last weekend I looked at it and it had three more flower stems growing. However one looked diseased - the flower head was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. clarey

shrubs and plants for decoration

Can't help with the nursery - but how about Dracaena schryveriana - the dragon tree. Tis fairly common in garden centre.
    Can't help with the nursery - but how about Dracaena schryveriana - the dragon tree. Tis fairly common in garden centre.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. hydroponics man

Start your very own Hydroponic Garden

this month, i would highly recomend you starting up your own hydroponic garden, keep up to date with the most recent gardening technology,let us know what you think ;)
    this month, i would highly recomend you starting up your own hydroponic garden, keep up to date with the most recent gardening technology,let us know what you think ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. aqua

Preparation for Winter

good thinking Marley what about it ??? maybe HM has a generator lined up...Ladybird
    good thinking Marley what about it ??? maybe HM has a generator lined up...Ladybird
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. hydroponics man

Hydroponic Gardening

Hey has anybody got there own hydroponic garden, im just wondering how its goin for you all, and if you are experiencing any problemsthanks
    Hey has anybody got there own hydroponic garden, im just wondering how its goin for you all, and if you are experiencing any problemsthanks
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice