General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. ukwoody

hedging shrub in poor conditions?

If you want to try and establish the privet back, try layering it. This means cutting into ( very gently ) a small portion of a long stem at the leafy end on the underside of it with a pruning...
    If you want to try and establish the privet back, try layering it. This means cutting into ( very gently ) a small portion of a long stem at the leafy end on the underside of it with a pruning knife. Then bend the stem over towards your Leylandii and and place the cut area onto the soil and peg...
    If you want to try and establish the privet back, try layering it. This means cutting into ( very gently ) a small portion of a long stem at the leafy end on the underside of it with a pruning knife. Then bend the stem over towards your Leylandii...
    If you want to try and establish the privet back, try layering it. This means cutting into ( very gently ) a small portion of a long stem at the leafy end on the underside of it with a pruning...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. soop

water crystals - polymer gel - hydrogel

LBS Horticulture Colne Lancs email supply Fertile Water Granules. 1KG 11.75 pounds 5Kg 44.15pounds + VAT and small order charge under 100.00 pounds. I have used it in the past but not this...
    LBS Horticulture Colne Lancs email supply Fertile Water Granules. 1KG 11.75 pounds 5Kg 44.15pounds + VAT and small order charge under 100.00 pounds. I have used it in the past but not this particular brand and maybe I did not put enough in per hanging basket. At the end of the season there was...
    LBS Horticulture Colne Lancs email supply Fertile Water Granules. 1KG 11.75 pounds 5Kg 44.15pounds + VAT and small order charge under 100.00 pounds. I have used it in the past but not this particular brand and maybe I did not put enough in per...
    LBS Horticulture Colne Lancs email supply Fertile Water Granules. 1KG 11.75 pounds 5Kg 44.15pounds + VAT and small order charge under 100.00 pounds. I have used it in the past but not this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. fiwi

Do you know a shrub with red foliage?

How about Photinia "Red Robin". Quite a sturdy shrub bearing red tips to the foliage in Summer. Very attractive and noticeable.Will withstand a bit of dryness and shade
    How about Photinia "Red Robin". Quite a sturdy shrub bearing red tips to the foliage in Summer. Very attractive and noticeable.Will withstand a bit of dryness and shade
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ellgee

Which evergreen shrubs for a windy spot?

bamboos are excellent but not black bamboo will not tolerate exposed areas
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Charlie

Azalea - After flowering

If you have removed the husks then you need to do a very light prune on the extension growth of this year just to reshape and balance the plant ready for next year. Keep it on the dry side not too...
    If you have removed the husks then you need to do a very light prune on the extension growth of this year just to reshape and balance the plant ready for next year. Keep it on the dry side not too much water and give a feed of Phostrogen for a month. Bring into a cool conservatory before frosts...
    If you have removed the husks then you need to do a very light prune on the extension growth of this year just to reshape and balance the plant ready for next year. Keep it on the dry side not too much water and give a feed of Phostrogen for a...
    If you have removed the husks then you need to do a very light prune on the extension growth of this year just to reshape and balance the plant ready for next year. Keep it on the dry side not too...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Webmaster

Bottle brush (Callistemon)

Nice flower,Rich. Dont mention RED SPIDER its a killer as far as I'm conserned.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. brazil

dahlia imperialis

Sounds good, especially this time of the year. Have a look up near the greenhouses in the tropical borders, where the bananas and cannas are, I think that where I saw the Dahalias.
    Sounds good, especially this time of the year. Have a look up near the greenhouses in the tropical borders, where the bananas and cannas are, I think that where I saw the Dahalias.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. bluecrafty214

Hibiscus

bluecrafty214, do you know what type of Hibiscus this is ie. the full latin name.
    bluecrafty214, do you know what type of Hibiscus this is ie. the full latin name.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Fran

Gardening friends

I think that where mine ones come from Steve. I tend to be a bit of an untidy gardener, for these days anyway, but I think it pays off to leave a few undisturbed logs or, dare I say it, rubbish...
    I think that where mine ones come from Steve. I tend to be a bit of an untidy gardener, for these days anyway, but I think it pays off to leave a few undisturbed logs or, dare I say it, rubbish laying around as it attracts all sorts of wildlife. :D
    I think that where mine ones come from Steve. I tend to be a bit of an untidy gardener, for these days anyway, but I think it pays off to leave a few undisturbed logs or, dare I say it, rubbish laying around as it attracts all sorts of wildlife. :D
    I think that where mine ones come from Steve. I tend to be a bit of an untidy gardener, for these days anyway, but I think it pays off to leave a few undisturbed logs or, dare I say it, rubbish...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. PeterS

Perennials - help please

Bayleaf, thanks I didn't realise that hespris was sweet rocket (dames violet)a strewing herb as a recall - one of my favourites, or at least the white one is - and silene is campion duh, I really...
    Bayleaf, thanks I didn't realise that hespris was sweet rocket (dames violet)a strewing herb as a recall - one of my favourites, or at least the white one is - and silene is campion duh, I really must try and remember the botanical names - but very few stay in the little grey cells, the common...
    Bayleaf, thanks I didn't realise that hespris was sweet rocket (dames violet)a strewing herb as a recall - one of my favourites, or at least the white one is - and silene is campion duh, I really must try and remember the botanical names - but...
    Bayleaf, thanks I didn't realise that hespris was sweet rocket (dames violet)a strewing herb as a recall - one of my favourites, or at least the white one is - and silene is campion duh, I really...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. taney

flowers for winter

Hi taneyAll Balleaf's suggestions are good. Bulbs are particularly good for very early spring flowers and most should be planted around oct/nov. One of my absolute favorite shrubs is witch...
    Hi taneyAll Balleaf's suggestions are good. Bulbs are particularly good for very early spring flowers and most should be planted around oct/nov. One of my absolute favorite shrubs is witch hazel which flowers in jan/feb before almost everything else. There are lots of varieties which range...
    Hi taneyAll Balleaf's suggestions are good. Bulbs are particularly good for very early spring flowers and most should be planted around oct/nov. One of my absolute favorite shrubs is witch hazel which flowers in jan/feb before almost...
    Hi taneyAll Balleaf's suggestions are good. Bulbs are particularly good for very early spring flowers and most should be planted around oct/nov. One of my absolute favorite shrubs is witch...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. jay

Huge Buddleia flowers!

Do you tie them with blue string? ;) http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/clangers/index.shtml [ 21. July 2005, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Bayleaf ]
    Do you tie them with blue string? ;) http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/clangers/index.shtml [ 21. July 2005, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Bayleaf ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. steve b

passion flower

Yeah I reckon you'll get some more later on, give it time, and some more heat and sunshine.
    Yeah I reckon you'll get some more later on, give it time, and some more heat and sunshine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. princessazlea

What time of day should you water a plant?

Whatever works for you and your plants Pete.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. taney

Aggregates?Cobbles?

thanx for the information...i never thought of it!i hope i would get someone in birmingham with such an offer
    thanx for the information...i never thought of it!i hope i would get someone in birmingham with such an offer
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Charlie

Dahlia - help needed after bloom

Oops that's what I meant, first leaf down not first leaf up!! Lol!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Webmaster

Free Ant Stop!, Bug Clear or �£2 off Miracle grow coupon.

Plenty of advice in the coupons section, I regularly save �£10 on my shopping bill now by using the coupons available.Nathan.
    Plenty of advice in the coupons section, I regularly save �£10 on my shopping bill now by using the coupons available.Nathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. jay

getting obsessive!

jay I found 3 this morning so it wont take him long, ;) Iwill send him when hes finished
    jay I found 3 this morning so it wont take him long, ;) Iwill send him when hes finished
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. taney

Ever green plants!

thanx everyone for your kind opinions
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. snowstar

black prinse

Me again, I have now bought some fuchsia from the above e-bay seller, and I am very pleased with them. They arrived healthy, well packaged and with labels. I will buy from this seller again.
    Me again, I have now bought some fuchsia from the above e-bay seller, and I am very pleased with them. They arrived healthy, well packaged and with labels. I will buy from this seller again.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice