General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. CarolA

Cranesbill

Carol, I would think that normal mowing of the lawn would kill them eventually. If not try one of those feed and weed lawn fertilizers you can get, but dont use it if the weathers dry, or you...
    Carol, I would think that normal mowing of the lawn would kill them eventually. If not try one of those feed and weed lawn fertilizers you can get, but dont use it if the weathers dry, or you could water it well in, if you dont have a hosepipe ban that is.
    Carol, I would think that normal mowing of the lawn would kill them eventually. If not try one of those feed and weed lawn fertilizers you can get, but dont use it if the weathers dry, or you could water it well in, if you dont have a hosepipe...
    Carol, I would think that normal mowing of the lawn would kill them eventually. If not try one of those feed and weed lawn fertilizers you can get, but dont use it if the weathers dry, or you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. jay

Birdseeding

LOL Steve!!!! :DNo good then? Lol, lol!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Daisies

when is sowing time 'oop North'!!

Re:What to do this month,Forum. Earlier in the morning might be better :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. rosietutu

Poppies

Pete you are a gem... Peony Poppies is what I have got, they look to come in a good range of colours I have the Lilac and Red.Thanks.
    Pete you are a gem... Peony Poppies is what I have got, they look to come in a good range of colours I have the Lilac and Red.Thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Webmaster

RHS July 'To Do' list

RHS To Do listNathan.
    RHS To Do listNathan.
    RHS To Do listNathan.
    RHS To Do listNathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. taney

help for my plants!

along with the thrushes, I have a hedgehog got the shock of my life when I opened the back door the other night and nearly trod on the poor thing :(
    along with the thrushes, I have a hedgehog got the shock of my life when I opened the back door the other night and nearly trod on the poor thing :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. jay

Passiflora (again!)

Amazing, Such a delicate flower can produce such intricate Detail.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. jay

All this rain...

was praying for rain, at last it came, but not a lot.....just dusted down ---------- Ladybird
    was praying for rain, at last it came, but not a lot.....just dusted down ---------- Ladybird
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Chris_Moran

Watering Houseplants With Science?

That sounds most logical, Mr Spock! Best of luck with it! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. jay

Winter flowers

:D Maybe we can both put this down to "an experiance" LOL :D :D The jasmin & firethorn sound lovely though. :D :D
    :D Maybe we can both put this down to "an experiance" LOL :D :D The jasmin & firethorn sound lovely though. :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Davina

pruning

I've never been too fussy about my penstmons.When they're done flowering and the leaves are going off, I just ruthlessly strip them all back to base. (Though I sometimes don't get around to...
    I've never been too fussy about my penstmons.When they're done flowering and the leaves are going off, I just ruthlessly strip them all back to base. (Though I sometimes don't get around to doing that until spring!! )But whatever I do, they always seem to come back with vigour.
    I've never been too fussy about my penstmons.When they're done flowering and the leaves are going off, I just ruthlessly strip them all back to base. (Though I sometimes don't get around to doing that until spring!! )But whatever I do, they...
    I've never been too fussy about my penstmons.When they're done flowering and the leaves are going off, I just ruthlessly strip them all back to base. (Though I sometimes don't get around to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. A.N.Sorrell

Penstemons Geums

alan try these web sites hope they help.see you soon alanhttp://www.warrenhills.co.uk ...
    alan try these web sites hope they help.see you soon alanhttp://www.warrenhills.co.uk http://www.tissingtonnursery.co.uk http://www.rhs.org.uk/RHSPlantFinder/nurseryfinder2.asp?txtNurs=&txtcode=&d1=6&txtspec=0&submit1.x=27&submit1.y=5 ;)
    alan try these web sites hope they help.see you soon alanhttp://www.warrenhills.co.uk http://www.tissingtonnursery.co.uk http://www.rhs.org.uk/RHSPlantFinder/nurseryfinder2.asp?txtNurs=&txtcode=&d1=6&txtspec=0&submit1.x=27&submit1.y=5 ;)
    alan try these web sites hope they help.see you soon alanhttp://www.warrenhills.co.uk ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. taney

beginner

Hi taney,welcome to the garden. Sounds like you have allot of work to do there, if you are not keen,or don't have the time, if you look in your local pages (tel book) there should be a...
    Hi taney,welcome to the garden. Sounds like you have allot of work to do there, if you are not keen,or don't have the time, if you look in your local pages (tel book) there should be a section with, gardeners,garden design people, or garden maintenance, if you contact a couple of them,...
    Hi taney,welcome to the garden. Sounds like you have allot of work to do there, if you are not keen,or don't have the time, if you look in your local pages (tel book) there should be a section with, gardeners,garden design people, or...
    Hi taney,welcome to the garden. Sounds like you have allot of work to do there, if you are not keen,or don't have the time, if you look in your local pages (tel book) there should be a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. JoMack

Ornamental grasses from seed

Hello again, I am thinking of growing some grasses from seed, can anyone give me any advice or tips?
    Hello again, I am thinking of growing some grasses from seed, can anyone give me any advice or tips?
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. pete

Wild orchid

I know the ones you mean
    I know the ones you mean
    I know the ones you mean
    I know the ones you mean
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Charlie

New Lavender species - need help

Should be fine - just give it time.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. jpb1958

What shrub

It self seeds around here, or the birds do it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. alan

nasturtiums

Alan, sods law means that the plants in your nice decorative baskets/pouches, that your neighbours are supposed to look on in envy will always be the ones that will get eaten by caterpillars,...
    Alan, sods law means that the plants in your nice decorative baskets/pouches, that your neighbours are supposed to look on in envy will always be the ones that will get eaten by caterpillars, covered in blackfly, suffer from mildew etc etc :rolleyes: Time to try something else in the pouches?
    Alan, sods law means that the plants in your nice decorative baskets/pouches, that your neighbours are supposed to look on in envy will always be the ones that will get eaten by caterpillars, covered in blackfly, suffer from mildew etc etc ...
    Alan, sods law means that the plants in your nice decorative baskets/pouches, that your neighbours are supposed to look on in envy will always be the ones that will get eaten by caterpillars,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. PeterS

Pinching out

Thanks Ladybird
    Thanks Ladybird
    Thanks Ladybird
    Thanks Ladybird
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. mimosa

Getting rid of nettles?

Hi Use Grazon 90 if you can get it. You may have to get some off a farmer friend but it the killer for nettles, much better than Roundup
    Hi Use Grazon 90 if you can get it. You may have to get some off a farmer friend but it the killer for nettles, much better than Roundup
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice