:D Enjoy after all your hard work :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. cazway

Gardening dogs

I have a border collie.. mad! I have used that green plastic wire edging fencing for those areas I really want to remain dog-free.. plants and flowers grow through it but the dog can't run in...
    I have a border collie.. mad! I have used that green plastic wire edging fencing for those areas I really want to remain dog-free.. plants and flowers grow through it but the dog can't run in and smash them down...In three weeks I am getting a baby Springer Spaniel :eek: My friend has...
    I have a border collie.. mad! I have used that green plastic wire edging fencing for those areas I really want to remain dog-free.. plants and flowers grow through it but the dog can't run in and smash them down...In three weeks I am getting...
    I have a border collie.. mad! I have used that green plastic wire edging fencing for those areas I really want to remain dog-free.. plants and flowers grow through it but the dog can't run in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Ianthe

Pesticides

The contact number for The Neem People is 01437 764 415. Hope this helps Pete. Best wishes, Gerald.
    The contact number for The Neem People is 01437 764 415. Hope this helps Pete. Best wishes, Gerald.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. SteveW

Coily hose

Thanks for the tip, I need it mainly for spraying an area of ferns not too far from the tap so it shouldn't get too extended but beats keep pumping the spray gun
    Thanks for the tip, I need it mainly for spraying an area of ferns not too far from the tap so it shouldn't get too extended but beats keep pumping the spray gun
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. lizzie

grape vines

Its to do with removing the skins immediately or leaving them in for an amount of time (black grapes)
    Its to do with removing the skins immediately or leaving them in for an amount of time (black grapes)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. overthehill

growing gerber daisies

Thanks Pete and Gerald. I will take your advice and will try shade.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Boudicca

My New Pineapple Broom...???

The ants themselves wont do any harm, they may be just interested in the nectar in the flowers, or they could indicate green fly. If the leaf loss is just older leaves, then I wouldn't worry too...
    The ants themselves wont do any harm, they may be just interested in the nectar in the flowers, or they could indicate green fly. If the leaf loss is just older leaves, then I wouldn't worry too much, some leaves are lost from time to time. pete
    The ants themselves wont do any harm, they may be just interested in the nectar in the flowers, or they could indicate green fly. If the leaf loss is just older leaves, then I wouldn't worry too much, some leaves are lost from time to time. pete
    The ants themselves wont do any harm, they may be just interested in the nectar in the flowers, or they could indicate green fly. If the leaf loss is just older leaves, then I wouldn't worry too...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. overthehill

gerber daisies

Not sure how long ago you planted them. If recently, most plants check when potted. If not, I would cut down on the watering.
    Not sure how long ago you planted them. If recently, most plants check when potted. If not, I would cut down on the watering.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. cazway

garden repair

Hi cazway. I had a lovely labrador who devoured plants like biscuits! The only ones she didn't fancy were,a Berberis and a Holly
    Hi cazway. I had a lovely labrador who devoured plants like biscuits! The only ones she didn't fancy were,a Berberis and a Holly
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. adrian

wood chips

Hi Trevor, Yes i live in good old ponty, well someone has too, So you're talking about the dutch nursery off junction 30 at cardiff gate, went past there last sunday visiting b & q, and said to...
    Hi Trevor, Yes i live in good old ponty, well someone has too, So you're talking about the dutch nursery off junction 30 at cardiff gate, went past there last sunday visiting b & q, and said to myself " i must go there one day", Now i'll definately make the effort, Thanks for the info, sallyann.
    Hi Trevor, Yes i live in good old ponty, well someone has too, So you're talking about the dutch nursery off junction 30 at cardiff gate, went past there last sunday visiting b & q, and said to myself " i must go there one day", Now i'll...
    Hi Trevor, Yes i live in good old ponty, well someone has too, So you're talking about the dutch nursery off junction 30 at cardiff gate, went past there last sunday visiting b & q, and said to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. mo

cats

I bought a cat repeller for about �£30 (Argos, b&q...)It has a sensor and when activated by movement emits a high pich noise cats dislike. It's really working for me because cats have stopped...
    I bought a cat repeller for about �£30 (Argos, b&q...)It has a sensor and when activated by movement emits a high pich noise cats dislike. It's really working for me because cats have stopped using my back garden as a toilet (they use the front instead!!...) but I think it works because my...
    I bought a cat repeller for about �£30 (Argos, b&q...)It has a sensor and when activated by movement emits a high pich noise cats dislike. It's really working for me because cats have stopped using my back garden as a toilet (they use the front...
    I bought a cat repeller for about �£30 (Argos, b&q...)It has a sensor and when activated by movement emits a high pich noise cats dislike. It's really working for me because cats have stopped...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. fiwi

What's happening to my delphiniums?

I didn't notice any black flies but I do have snails. I will cut them back and be ready for the snails this time! Thank you ladies for your advice. fiwi
    I didn't notice any black flies but I do have snails. I will cut them back and be ready for the snails this time! Thank you ladies for your advice. fiwi
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. steve b

JASMINE

Me I just prune it to keep it within bounds and shape - it can be very vigorous :rolleyes:
    Me I just prune it to keep it within bounds and shape - it can be very vigorous :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. link

BINDWEED

If its field bindweed, you have my total sympathy. I like Paladin, have field bindweed (the worst of the bindweeds)coming in from next doors garden in my front garden,- even tried leaving it...
    If its field bindweed, you have my total sympathy. I like Paladin, have field bindweed (the worst of the bindweeds)coming in from next doors garden in my front garden,- even tried leaving it fallow for 18 months and nuking every leaf that showed.After that time, I gave up, covered the lot...
    If its field bindweed, you have my total sympathy. I like Paladin, have field bindweed (the worst of the bindweeds)coming in from next doors garden in my front garden,- even tried leaving it fallow for 18 months and nuking every leaf that showed....
    If its field bindweed, you have my total sympathy. I like Paladin, have field bindweed (the worst of the bindweeds)coming in from next doors garden in my front garden,- even tried leaving it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. rosietutu

North house wall

Hi Rosie - have a look at this link (it is a very vigourous climber, as is Ivy) http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantselector/plantdetail.aspx?plantid=42649 I have an east facing wall (which is very...
    Hi Rosie - have a look at this link (it is a very vigourous climber, as is Ivy) http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantselector/plantdetail.aspx?plantid=42649 I have an east facing wall (which is very shady) with Hydrangea anomala ssp. petiolaris - it's self clinging and has lovely white flowers, a bit...
    Hi Rosie - have a look at this link (it is a very vigourous climber, as is Ivy) http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantselector/plantdetail.aspx?plantid=42649 I have an east facing wall (which is very shady) with Hydrangea anomala ssp. petiolaris - it's...
    Hi Rosie - have a look at this link (it is a very vigourous climber, as is Ivy) http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantselector/plantdetail.aspx?plantid=42649 I have an east facing wall (which is very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Madrat

poisonus plants

Have found a web page that sells everything. Its in the US but they deliver World wide for a very good price.www.alchemy-works.com
    Have found a web page that sells everything. Its in the US but they deliver World wide for a very good price.www.alchemy-works.com
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. andycoull

Driveway / Parking area

my misses works for leicester highways they charge around 800 quid but they do allow contractors to do the work if they have the required cover
    my misses works for leicester highways they charge around 800 quid but they do allow contractors to do the work if they have the required cover
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. snowstar

shrubs

If it is a Peony in the middle of the trees then like Mrs C says autumn is best...but as a bonus at the same time as moving it you might be able to divide the crown if it has plenty of buds and...
    If it is a Peony in the middle of the trees then like Mrs C says autumn is best...but as a bonus at the same time as moving it you might be able to divide the crown if it has plenty of buds and gain a few more plants
    If it is a Peony in the middle of the trees then like Mrs C says autumn is best...but as a bonus at the same time as moving it you might be able to divide the crown if it has plenty of buds and gain a few more plants
    If it is a Peony in the middle of the trees then like Mrs C says autumn is best...but as a bonus at the same time as moving it you might be able to divide the crown if it has plenty of buds and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. upsetter

Uneven Garden

I just got a load of used railway sleepers and have set them into the ground, waiting until Friday to see how level the garden will become.Thanks for your help.
    I just got a load of used railway sleepers and have set them into the ground, waiting until Friday to see how level the garden will become.Thanks for your help.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Charlie

Gardinia conditions

:D Ok Charlie, are you ready? here we go, they like a good compost, feed weekly during growing season,put them indirect light & keep moist not wet,never let it dry out or get waterlogged, they...
    :D Ok Charlie, are you ready? here we go, they like a good compost, feed weekly during growing season,put them indirect light & keep moist not wet,never let it dry out or get waterlogged, they like coffee grounds as they are acid, they like humidity,they like to be slightly pot bound, but if...
    :D Ok Charlie, are you ready? here we go, they like a good compost, feed weekly during growing season,put them indirect light & keep moist not wet,never let it dry out or get waterlogged, they like coffee grounds as they are acid, they like...
    :D Ok Charlie, are you ready? here we go, they like a good compost, feed weekly during growing season,put them indirect light & keep moist not wet,never let it dry out or get waterlogged, they...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice