General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. princessazlea

Clematis Question?

Hi princess, it sounds like powdery mildew to me, they are a bit prone to it. :( remove the dead leaves & burn or put in dustbin, You need to apply a systemic fungicide once a week while in...
    Hi princess, it sounds like powdery mildew to me, they are a bit prone to it. :( remove the dead leaves & burn or put in dustbin, You need to apply a systemic fungicide once a week while in flower, cut out badly infected bits. :D Feed well & water well. Good luck
    Hi princess, it sounds like powdery mildew to me, they are a bit prone to it. :( remove the dead leaves & burn or put in dustbin, You need to apply a systemic fungicide once a week while in flower, cut out badly infected bits. :D Feed...
    Hi princess, it sounds like powdery mildew to me, they are a bit prone to it. :( remove the dead leaves & burn or put in dustbin, You need to apply a systemic fungicide once a week while in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Gila

Help! Sprayed rsomeary/lavender with weed killer

well thank you very much, lucky searcher. night
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Gila

Great site, but please someone help me

just replied to your other post
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Franco50

Can my Forest Flame be saved?

Fran. If I remember correctly when I repotted it I used a mixture of ericaceous and multipurpose compost .. BUT I made sure the top 3 inches or so of the container was purely ericaceous. There are...
    Fran. If I remember correctly when I repotted it I used a mixture of ericaceous and multipurpose compost .. BUT I made sure the top 3 inches or so of the container was purely ericaceous. There are drainage holes in the bottom. Overwatering is not the problem (unless you count the Scottish...
    Fran. If I remember correctly when I repotted it I used a mixture of ericaceous and multipurpose compost .. BUT I made sure the top 3 inches or so of the container was purely ericaceous. There are drainage holes in the bottom. Overwatering is not...
    Fran. If I remember correctly when I repotted it I used a mixture of ericaceous and multipurpose compost .. BUT I made sure the top 3 inches or so of the container was purely ericaceous. There are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. CarolA

pampas grass

It should be well away now Carol, so its not ideal to cut back now. It definately wouldn't kill it, but what it would do to this years flowering, I dont know. I suspect it might just flower a...
    It should be well away now Carol, so its not ideal to cut back now. It definately wouldn't kill it, but what it would do to this years flowering, I dont know. I suspect it might just flower a little later, but I've not tried it so I wouldn't like to say. Pair of sharp shears would probably be...
    It should be well away now Carol, so its not ideal to cut back now. It definately wouldn't kill it, but what it would do to this years flowering, I dont know. I suspect it might just flower a little later, but I've not tried it so I wouldn't...
    It should be well away now Carol, so its not ideal to cut back now. It definately wouldn't kill it, but what it would do to this years flowering, I dont know. I suspect it might just flower a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. marlovian

WATER WATER WATER

It also allows the water to warm up a bit in the summer, cant stand cold water.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. kbp

lupins

If its snails, then I find the best control, besides my resident thrushes, is a patrol after dark with a torch especially after rain and pick off . I'd also check to see if you can identify what...
    If its snails, then I find the best control, besides my resident thrushes, is a patrol after dark with a torch especially after rain and pick off . I'd also check to see if you can identify what is doing the eating - then you can target any control measures.
    If its snails, then I find the best control, besides my resident thrushes, is a patrol after dark with a torch especially after rain and pick off . I'd also check to see if you can identify what is doing the eating - then you can target any...
    If its snails, then I find the best control, besides my resident thrushes, is a patrol after dark with a torch especially after rain and pick off . I'd also check to see if you can identify what...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Charlie

Stephanotis - half flowered?

Thanks Marley, I've now gone and bought two more this time from a very good garden centre! Greedy! I'm going to feed them a bit more and try and keep them cooler.Again half the flowers are out so...
    Thanks Marley, I've now gone and bought two more this time from a very good garden centre! Greedy! I'm going to feed them a bit more and try and keep them cooler.Again half the flowers are out so we'll see. Have you any ideas as to what I do once they have flowered?
    Thanks Marley, I've now gone and bought two more this time from a very good garden centre! Greedy! I'm going to feed them a bit more and try and keep them cooler.Again half the flowers are out so we'll see. Have you any ideas as to what I do once...
    Thanks Marley, I've now gone and bought two more this time from a very good garden centre! Greedy! I'm going to feed them a bit more and try and keep them cooler.Again half the flowers are out so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Rob

rhododendron

The rhododendron will thrive better in an acid enriched soil, alternatively there are preperations on garden centre shelves for watering acid loving plants to alter the Phthis shouldn't affect...
    The rhododendron will thrive better in an acid enriched soil, alternatively there are preperations on garden centre shelves for watering acid loving plants to alter the Phthis shouldn't affect the bamboo's which would also benefit from an acid soil
    The rhododendron will thrive better in an acid enriched soil, alternatively there are preperations on garden centre shelves for watering acid loving plants to alter the Phthis shouldn't affect the bamboo's which would also benefit from an acid soil
    The rhododendron will thrive better in an acid enriched soil, alternatively there are preperations on garden centre shelves for watering acid loving plants to alter the Phthis shouldn't affect...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. spaffhawk

Cyclamen question

:D They are wierd bulbs you just sit them on top of the soil & away they go I think they call then corms? :D I love finding & rescueing plants :D [ 10. June 2005, 08:38 AM: Message...
    :D They are wierd bulbs you just sit them on top of the soil & away they go I think they call then corms? :D I love finding & rescueing plants :D [ 10. June 2005, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]
    :D They are wierd bulbs you just sit them on top of the soil & away they go I think they call then corms? :D I love finding & rescueing plants :D [ 10. June 2005, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]
    :D They are wierd bulbs you just sit them on top of the soil & away they go I think they call then corms? :D I love finding & rescueing plants :D [ 10. June 2005, 08:38 AM: Message...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Mrs cloudy

wilting mallow

Hi Mrs CloudyAlthough this is mainly annuals, it might apply generally...this section>I also observed the loss of some plants by wilting - I suspect that the growing medium used was...
    Hi Mrs CloudyAlthough this is mainly annuals, it might apply generally...this section>I also observed the loss of some plants by wilting - I suspect that the growing medium used was insufficiently moisture retentive.) <was pasted from...
    Hi Mrs CloudyAlthough this is mainly annuals, it might apply generally...this section>I also observed the loss of some plants by wilting - I suspect that the growing medium used was insufficiently moisture retentive.) <was pasted from...
    Hi Mrs CloudyAlthough this is mainly annuals, it might apply generally...this section>I also observed the loss of some plants by wilting - I suspect that the growing medium used was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. gav

concrete yard

You would need to break up the concrete to allow for drainage, then depending on the quality of whats underneath...probably top soil too
    You would need to break up the concrete to allow for drainage, then depending on the quality of whats underneath...probably top soil too
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. rosietutu

Mildew

I've just used Dithane which has cleared it up well Helen
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. mo

dutch iris

Thanks Fran I was just wondering as I had never seen multipule heads on that variety before. I had bought the bulbs a couple of years ago, they flowered the first season with the majority having...
    Thanks Fran I was just wondering as I had never seen multipule heads on that variety before. I had bought the bulbs a couple of years ago, they flowered the first season with the majority having 2 heads on the one stem, the folowing year nothing appeared so I thought I had lost them, I did'nt...
    Thanks Fran I was just wondering as I had never seen multipule heads on that variety before. I had bought the bulbs a couple of years ago, they flowered the first season with the majority having 2 heads on the one stem, the folowing year nothing...
    Thanks Fran I was just wondering as I had never seen multipule heads on that variety before. I had bought the bulbs a couple of years ago, they flowered the first season with the majority having...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. SBett

Strange growth

I'm only just starting to try that function of this forum so am a beginner too :( :( but Nathan put instructions, I think in Members Gallery.
    I'm only just starting to try that function of this forum so am a beginner too :( :( but Nathan put instructions, I think in Members Gallery.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. farehammer

Moving a shrub

Thanks Fran I probably will have to move it so thanks for the tips.Dave
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. hopeless

copper matting

here you go - sounds pretty good by all accountshttp://www.greengardener.co.uk/slugextra.htmgood luck
    here you go - sounds pretty good by all accountshttp://www.greengardener.co.uk/slugextra.htmgood luck
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. arwyn

buzzy lizzies

I grew some from seed, planted about ooh 4-6 weeks ago I guess, and they're still tiny, so I figured that was normal. My mum and a family friend planted some at the same time (we were all given a...
    I grew some from seed, planted about ooh 4-6 weeks ago I guess, and they're still tiny, so I figured that was normal. My mum and a family friend planted some at the same time (we were all given a packet by another friend) and I'm the only one to have had any come up, albeit only three wee...
    I grew some from seed, planted about ooh 4-6 weeks ago I guess, and they're still tiny, so I figured that was normal. My mum and a family friend planted some at the same time (we were all given a packet by another friend) and I'm the only one to...
    I grew some from seed, planted about ooh 4-6 weeks ago I guess, and they're still tiny, so I figured that was normal. My mum and a family friend planted some at the same time (we were all given a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. robbsy1

Small evergreen hedge

Robbsy, Lavender plants make a nice hedge too, if pruned hard after flowering... also Berberis, Pyracantha,the dwarf types. You can get several low growing var. Alternate with say Curry plant or...
    Robbsy, Lavender plants make a nice hedge too, if pruned hard after flowering... also Berberis, Pyracantha,the dwarf types. You can get several low growing var. Alternate with say Curry plant or Artemesia, both silver, hardy, and great contrast, pruned heavily early spring. I got all of them...
    Robbsy, Lavender plants make a nice hedge too, if pruned hard after flowering... also Berberis, Pyracantha,the dwarf types. You can get several low growing var. Alternate with say Curry plant or Artemesia, both silver, hardy, and great contrast,...
    Robbsy, Lavender plants make a nice hedge too, if pruned hard after flowering... also Berberis, Pyracantha,the dwarf types. You can get several low growing var. Alternate with say Curry plant or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. SpikeTheLobster

Just inherited a garden...

I shall look forward to seeing the garden unfold - and I wish you the best of luck - methinks some blisters are on the way
    I shall look forward to seeing the garden unfold - and I wish you the best of luck - methinks some blisters are on the way
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice