Helen, could be Bauhinia Variegata
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. gofoit2

Cuttings

Thank you all for the great advice, I�m going to get some vermiculite or perlite, also some Capillary matting and try that, "Don�t pick up the pots though or you will break the...
    Thank you all for the great advice, I�m going to get some vermiculite or perlite, also some Capillary matting and try that, "Don�t pick up the pots though or you will break the water column and they wont start sucking up the water again unless you pour in some water at the top"...
    Thank you all for the great advice, I�m going to get some vermiculite or perlite, also some Capillary matting and try that, "Don�t pick up the pots though or you will break the water column and they wont start sucking up the water...
    Thank you all for the great advice, I�m going to get some vermiculite or perlite, also some Capillary matting and try that, "Don�t pick up the pots though or you will break the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. beci

New garden hell!

I cant find the dax in the pesticide book that i have, although it is a couple of years out of date. Find out what the active ingredient is because there are often cheaper alternatives that do...
    I cant find the dax in the pesticide book that i have, although it is a couple of years out of date. Find out what the active ingredient is because there are often cheaper alternatives that do the same thing but without the big marketing budget. Im glad to hear that you are getting somewhere...
    I cant find the dax in the pesticide book that i have, although it is a couple of years out of date. Find out what the active ingredient is because there are often cheaper alternatives that do the same thing but without the big marketing budget....
    I cant find the dax in the pesticide book that i have, although it is a couple of years out of date. Find out what the active ingredient is because there are often cheaper alternatives that do...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. archie

Garden Planting Plan

Mmmm, one of the nice things about birches and rowans, is they are small and airy trees - rhododendrons will be evergreen and can be quite dark. If you want to change to something lower, how about...
    Mmmm, one of the nice things about birches and rowans, is they are small and airy trees - rhododendrons will be evergreen and can be quite dark. If you want to change to something lower, how about the dogwoods, they have the advantage of colourful winter stems, as long as you cut them back.
    Mmmm, one of the nice things about birches and rowans, is they are small and airy trees - rhododendrons will be evergreen and can be quite dark. If you want to change to something lower, how about the dogwoods, they have the advantage of...
    Mmmm, one of the nice things about birches and rowans, is they are small and airy trees - rhododendrons will be evergreen and can be quite dark. If you want to change to something lower, how about...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. sandy

aloe vera

beci, be brave and cut the top off, use it as a cutting, the stump will probably sprout a few little ones, which you can grow on or cut off and make more cuttings. pete.
    beci, be brave and cut the top off, use it as a cutting, the stump will probably sprout a few little ones, which you can grow on or cut off and make more cuttings. pete.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. sara

using bamboo as privacy hedging?

That was a great post Steve, thanks. I have emailed the UK website for a quote and the height of their varieties. Regards, Sara.
    That was a great post Steve, thanks. I have emailed the UK website for a quote and the height of their varieties. Regards, Sara.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. sunshine01

help, hard clay soil

Yes use a rotovator, but you want to incorporate some gritsand at the same time. Heavy soils go solid again when you start compacting the soil by walking on. Spread sharp or grit sand at a rate of...
    Yes use a rotovator, but you want to incorporate some gritsand at the same time. Heavy soils go solid again when you start compacting the soil by walking on. Spread sharp or grit sand at a rate of 1 tonne per 10 square metres and rotovate as deep as you can, at least 4 inches preferably 6. I...
    Yes use a rotovator, but you want to incorporate some gritsand at the same time. Heavy soils go solid again when you start compacting the soil by walking on. Spread sharp or grit sand at a rate of 1 tonne per 10 square metres and rotovate as deep...
    Yes use a rotovator, but you want to incorporate some gritsand at the same time. Heavy soils go solid again when you start compacting the soil by walking on. Spread sharp or grit sand at a rate of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Daisies

clematis Josephine

Are you sure it isn't Clematis josephs coat of many colours
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. roadrunner

plants for a shady damp corner

Frogs and toads are great for slugs, I alway find them around my containers and they are very welcome. They come from my neighbours pond - I just have to be a bit careful when digging.
    Frogs and toads are great for slugs, I alway find them around my containers and they are very welcome. They come from my neighbours pond - I just have to be a bit careful when digging.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Tintin

Trachycarpus Fortunei

I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks all for the advice.This is great being able to ask questions that I can't find the answers to in all my books.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks all for the advice.This is great being able to ask questions that I can't find the answers to in all my books.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. david

ferns

Hi LynneAthyrium niponicum The Japanese painted fern is one of my favourites, beautiful colours for a fern http://www.perennialplant.org/ppy/04ppy.htm
    Hi LynneAthyrium niponicum The Japanese painted fern is one of my favourites, beautiful colours for a fern http://www.perennialplant.org/ppy/04ppy.htm
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. sara

suitable privacy hedge but not too high!

Thats a good point and worth considering Mrs Cloudy, If I can afford it. thanks, sara.
    Thats a good point and worth considering Mrs Cloudy, If I can afford it. thanks, sara.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. cathysue

Cats

i'm fed up to the back teeth with my neighbour's cats who use my garden as a litter tray. i get on well with them, but i can see a major ruck coming one as they insist that as they supply a...
    i'm fed up to the back teeth with my neighbour's cats who use my garden as a litter tray. i get on well with them, but i can see a major ruck coming one as they insist that as they supply a litter tray for their vermin, sorry, cats, they can't be held acountable for the sh*t they produce in...
    i'm fed up to the back teeth with my neighbour's cats who use my garden as a litter tray. i get on well with them, but i can see a major ruck coming one as they insist that as they supply a litter tray for their vermin, sorry, cats, they can't...
    i'm fed up to the back teeth with my neighbour's cats who use my garden as a litter tray. i get on well with them, but i can see a major ruck coming one as they insist that as they supply a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. alan

azalea japonica

thanks helen its quite a demanding hobby this gardening it all makes me wonder if it really is right for me i am only a dabbler with plants lillies and roses are my favs ,saying that my first...
    thanks helen its quite a demanding hobby this gardening it all makes me wonder if it really is right for me i am only a dabbler with plants lillies and roses are my favs ,saying that my first rose tree i had i gave up on and put it out in my front garden and it has never been better ,and hubbie...
    thanks helen its quite a demanding hobby this gardening it all makes me wonder if it really is right for me i am only a dabbler with plants lillies and roses are my favs ,saying that my first rose tree i had i gave up on and put it out in my...
    thanks helen its quite a demanding hobby this gardening it all makes me wonder if it really is right for me i am only a dabbler with plants lillies and roses are my favs ,saying that my first...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. catsclaw

help with lilac

thank you both for your help i will cut down thw watering a bit incase i am drowing it as i have a lot of touble bring up things that like naglect as i am to nosey and interfeareing lol spider...
    thank you both for your help i will cut down thw watering a bit incase i am drowing it as i have a lot of touble bring up things that like naglect as i am to nosey and interfeareing lol spider plants hate me thanks again
    thank you both for your help i will cut down thw watering a bit incase i am drowing it as i have a lot of touble bring up things that like naglect as i am to nosey and interfeareing lol spider plants hate me thanks again
    thank you both for your help i will cut down thw watering a bit incase i am drowing it as i have a lot of touble bring up things that like naglect as i am to nosey and interfeareing lol spider...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. The Skiver

If you like art as well as plants

I love art in the garden and have just started collecting for my own.Kew is a bit of a trek for us Northerners, so we'll miss out but.......I can recommend the Yorkshire Sculpture Park near...
    I love art in the garden and have just started collecting for my own.Kew is a bit of a trek for us Northerners, so we'll miss out but.......I can recommend the Yorkshire Sculpture Park near Barnsley any time of year.
    I love art in the garden and have just started collecting for my own.Kew is a bit of a trek for us Northerners, so we'll miss out but.......I can recommend the Yorkshire Sculpture Park near Barnsley any time of year.
    I love art in the garden and have just started collecting for my own.Kew is a bit of a trek for us Northerners, so we'll miss out but.......I can recommend the Yorkshire Sculpture Park near...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Tintin

Steep Bank Problem

Hi BayleafI've looked up all the plants you suggested and am going to use swathes of the Prunus, Lonicera and Cotoneaster. I'm going to a section at a time as its so big using the geotextile you...
    Hi BayleafI've looked up all the plants you suggested and am going to use swathes of the Prunus, Lonicera and Cotoneaster. I'm going to a section at a time as its so big using the geotextile you suggested.I don't suppose you would be able to tell me how far apart to plant the above?Also I...
    Hi BayleafI've looked up all the plants you suggested and am going to use swathes of the Prunus, Lonicera and Cotoneaster. I'm going to a section at a time as its so big using the geotextile you suggested.I don't suppose you would be able to...
    Hi BayleafI've looked up all the plants you suggested and am going to use swathes of the Prunus, Lonicera and Cotoneaster. I'm going to a section at a time as its so big using the geotextile you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jenine

Rhododendrons and Azaleas

If your deadheading rhodies be very careful - the new leaves bud just below the flower head, break the stem just below the last flower and not to the base. Me I tend to leave then alone.
    If your deadheading rhodies be very careful - the new leaves bud just below the flower head, break the stem just below the last flower and not to the base. Me I tend to leave then alone.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. princessazlea

Becareful if you have cats!

woooh lynne that was heartfealt I can tell :eek: . :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Daisies

persistant bramble

Ah so that's how to get rid of unco-operative neighbours then ;)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice