She notices EVERYTHING!
    She notices EVERYTHING!
    She notices EVERYTHING!
    She notices EVERYTHING!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Singing Gardener

Sycamore seedlings!

I don't even have a sycamore tree in my garden any more but my neighbour and the farmer across the road have several.
    I don't even have a sycamore tree in my garden any more but my neighbour and the farmer across the road have several.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Javidr

What to plant by the fence (climber?)

do you mean adding it on top of the existing soil, or removing a couple of inches of the existing soil and add john innes there?Also, i heard that jasmine and clay are not good friend because of...
    do you mean adding it on top of the existing soil, or removing a couple of inches of the existing soil and add john innes there?Also, i heard that jasmine and clay are not good friend because of drainage...
    do you mean adding it on top of the existing soil, or removing a couple of inches of the existing soil and add john innes there?Also, i heard that jasmine and clay are not good friend because of drainage...
    do you mean adding it on top of the existing soil, or removing a couple of inches of the existing soil and add john innes there?Also, i heard that jasmine and clay are not good friend because of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. NoviceGardener2023

Lawn - How best to remove Clover, Buttercup etc.

Get down, trace back the roots and dig it out.... It's cheap to do so.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wiseowl

What's looking good MARCH 2024

LINK TO NEW THREADWhat's looking good APRIL 2024
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. DaveyB

Greenfly tips

I leave nature to deal with aphids too. Almost every year my runner beans get covered in blackfly but the cavalry always arrives to deal with them before the beans are ready. My many roses also...
    I leave nature to deal with aphids too. Almost every year my runner beans get covered in blackfly but the cavalry always arrives to deal with them before the beans are ready. My many roses also get them but they cause little damage and eventually the ladybirds arrive to clean them up.On rare...
    I leave nature to deal with aphids too. Almost every year my runner beans get covered in blackfly but the cavalry always arrives to deal with them before the beans are ready. My many roses also get them but they cause little damage and eventually...
    I leave nature to deal with aphids too. Almost every year my runner beans get covered in blackfly but the cavalry always arrives to deal with them before the beans are ready. My many roses also...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Jenny_Aster

Sad tale, poor bees. Let's teach our children.

I would think there is an element of truth, not everything is made up on facebook, depends if it was in a group or just some random post.Some people really don't understand wildlife, must admit...
    I would think there is an element of truth, not everything is made up on facebook, depends if it was in a group or just some random post.Some people really don't understand wildlife, must admit on the couple of occasions I have come across bee swarms they are intimidating, the noise tends to...
    I would think there is an element of truth, not everything is made up on facebook, depends if it was in a group or just some random post.Some people really don't understand wildlife, must admit on the couple of occasions I have come across bee...
    I would think there is an element of truth, not everything is made up on facebook, depends if it was in a group or just some random post.Some people really don't understand wildlife, must admit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Javidr

Plants and trellis - Can it climb down instead of going up?

Amazing! Thanksyeah I will probably reduce the number of diamondsthanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. berarde

introduction to the forum

Thread Moved to this Forum from "The New members Introduction Forum" where it should get more coverage and has it was the initial post with two more posts following on the second and third posts...
    Thread Moved to this Forum from "The New members Introduction Forum" where it should get more coverage and has it was the initial post with two more posts following on the second and third posts also had to come
    Thread Moved to this Forum from "The New members Introduction Forum" where it should get more coverage and has it was the initial post with two more posts following on the second and third posts also had to come
    Thread Moved to this Forum from "The New members Introduction Forum" where it should get more coverage and has it was the initial post with two more posts following on the second and third posts...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Philippa

Earthworms and BFB

Good to 'see' you @Philippa - you managed to get your name changed too ;) We don't have huge amounts of worms. I discovered recently that it's not unusual in these parts, even with well amended...
    Good to 'see' you @Philippa - you managed to get your name changed too ;) We don't have huge amounts of worms. I discovered recently that it's not unusual in these parts, even with well amended [clay] soil. I don't know the reason though. I try to avoid using BF&B in the front garden though, as...
    Good to 'see' you @Philippa - you managed to get your name changed too ;) We don't have huge amounts of worms. I discovered recently that it's not unusual in these parts, even with well amended [clay] soil. I don't know the reason though. I try to...
    Good to 'see' you @Philippa - you managed to get your name changed too ;) We don't have huge amounts of worms. I discovered recently that it's not unusual in these parts, even with well amended...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Pink678

I never hear warnings not to cut trees/hedgerows in nesting season - I'm going to email RSPB ...

I think this rule is not well known. In fact I didn’t know it applied to everyone, although it definitely does to farmers.
    I think this rule is not well known. In fact I didn’t know it applied to everyone, although it definitely does to farmers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Pink678

What are your 'happy flowers'?

I sure am, katecat58! :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. fumanchu

Looking for a feature plant

Are you looking specifically for a tree? I have some Dieramas, Angel's Fishing Rods in the garden which make good clumps, the flower stems grow to about 4/5ft, wafty, perennial, spiky.
    Are you looking specifically for a tree? I have some Dieramas, Angel's Fishing Rods in the garden which make good clumps, the flower stems grow to about 4/5ft, wafty, perennial, spiky.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. fumanchu

Getting there slowly but yet another Q!

Passiflora incarnata ? It’s a passion flower that is frost hardy down to -15°C or so, and tolerates drought. However, it will spread when it’s happy, so might need to be kept in check.
    Passiflora incarnata ? It’s a passion flower that is frost hardy down to -15°C or so, and tolerates drought. However, it will spread when it’s happy, so might need to be kept in check.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Mrs. B.
    Like x 4

Not photogenic!

I'm always pleased to see Monty Donn's garden, it makes mine look almost tidy.:biggrin:
    I'm always pleased to see Monty Donn's garden, it makes mine look almost tidy.:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. spudbristol

Whats the strangest thing youve ever dug up ?

Sounds Moyra like a pan for panning tin (or even gold!) Any mines near you? We used them for feeding corn to the chickens, sort of combined scoop and bowl. I should think they would be good for...
    Sounds Moyra like a pan for panning tin (or even gold!) Any mines near you? We used them for feeding corn to the chickens, sort of combined scoop and bowl. I should think they would be good for winnowing too.
    Sounds Moyra like a pan for panning tin (or even gold!) Any mines near you? We used them for feeding corn to the chickens, sort of combined scoop and bowl. I should think they would be good for winnowing too.
    Sounds Moyra like a pan for panning tin (or even gold!) Any mines near you? We used them for feeding corn to the chickens, sort of combined scoop and bowl. I should think they would be good for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria

Bees

Here is our second swarm ...
    Bees 20 Mar 24.jpg Bees2 21 Mar 24.jpg Brugmansia 1 Mar 24.jpg Bem vinda.jpeg Bees 26 Mar 24.jpg Honey 27 Mar 24.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. noisette47

Glyphosate approval

Totally agree with you I also reported a hideous dump of a farm building which is further along the same road. The farmer is old and ill apparently, and the guy who now runs the farm, most of...
    Totally agree with you I also reported a hideous dump of a farm building which is further along the same road. The farmer is old and ill apparently, and the guy who now runs the farm, most of which is in a slightly different location [and also a dump] had been contacted many times about the...
    Totally agree with you I also reported a hideous dump of a farm building which is further along the same road. The farmer is old and ill apparently, and the guy who now runs the farm, most of which is in a slightly different location [and also...
    Totally agree with you I also reported a hideous dump of a farm building which is further along the same road. The farmer is old and ill apparently, and the guy who now runs the farm, most of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Madra

Chopping up Kitchen Waste for Compost

I also chop the kitchen waste as I produce it, if it's hard chunky stuff like cabbage stalks and suchlike. Mostly it's already small-ish bits like carrot peelings, strawberry tops, citrus peelings...
    I also chop the kitchen waste as I produce it, if it's hard chunky stuff like cabbage stalks and suchlike. Mostly it's already small-ish bits like carrot peelings, strawberry tops, citrus peelings etc, and soft stuff doesn't need cutting up anyway.
    I also chop the kitchen waste as I produce it, if it's hard chunky stuff like cabbage stalks and suchlike. Mostly it's already small-ish bits like carrot peelings, strawberry tops, citrus peelings etc, and soft stuff doesn't need cutting up anyway.
    I also chop the kitchen waste as I produce it, if it's hard chunky stuff like cabbage stalks and suchlike. Mostly it's already small-ish bits like carrot peelings, strawberry tops, citrus peelings...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice