1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Phil A
    Like x 15

Zigs New Greenhouse

I'm with you now, tried to picture it but kept coming up with a picture of a staircase by Escher in my head. Thats usually a bad thing in my case.
    I'm with you now, tried to picture it but kept coming up with a picture of a staircase by Escher in my head. Thats usually a bad thing in my case.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. moonrakermagpie

Xmas potatoes in greenhouse

Mine and my parsnips are frozen solid under a blanket of snow in my raised veggie bed.
    Mine and my parsnips are frozen solid under a blanket of snow in my raised veggie bed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. TMAK

Wrong size glass

I had to replace 2 panes last week, went to glazier and asked for a standard horti glass 2ft pane, and I needed the triangular piece for the apex, which I did have the old one with a corner...
    I had to replace 2 panes last week, went to glazier and asked for a standard horti glass 2ft pane, and I needed the triangular piece for the apex, which I did have the old one with a corner missing, he may have cut the triangle but they keep the squares ready cut, he informed me 610 is size now,...
    I had to replace 2 panes last week, went to glazier and asked for a standard horti glass 2ft pane, and I needed the triangular piece for the apex, which I did have the old one with a corner missing, he may have cut the triangle but they keep the...
    I had to replace 2 panes last week, went to glazier and asked for a standard horti glass 2ft pane, and I needed the triangular piece for the apex, which I did have the old one with a corner...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Transkeisue

wooden greenhouses

So am I, hans. Would have loved a cedar one but couldn't afford even 6x8', and second-hand isn't an option as I can't manage that kind of DIY anymore
    So am I, hans. Would have loved a cedar one but couldn't afford even 6x8', and second-hand isn't an option as I can't manage that kind of DIY anymore
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kimberley

Woman on a Mission

Yes thank you ☺
    Yes thank you ☺
    Yes thank you ☺
    Yes thank you ☺
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Fat Controller

Wireless thermometer with data logging

Started indoors, walked to the greenhouse and placed on staging, then put in a heated propagator, and finally brought back indoors to download data.After tonight I'll know what happens to...
    Started indoors, walked to the greenhouse and placed on staging, then put in a heated propagator, and finally brought back indoors to download data.After tonight I'll know what happens to temperatures in a polytunnel overnight, then I can check stuff like inside coldframes, under fleece, in...
    Started indoors, walked to the greenhouse and placed on staging, then put in a heated propagator, and finally brought back indoors to download data.After tonight I'll know what happens to temperatures in a polytunnel overnight, then I can check...
    Started indoors, walked to the greenhouse and placed on staging, then put in a heated propagator, and finally brought back indoors to download data.After tonight I'll know what happens to...
    datalogger1.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. daitheplant
    Like x 5

Wintry views from the greenhouse

I like to think that is down to my expertise Steve.:loll::loll::loll::yess:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. dentondave

winter veg in greenhouse

I have mixed lettuce in pots with plastic bells on top and carrots as well. Both germinated weeks ago but I picked enough salad leaves for a meal this evening. Doubtfull about the carrots coming...
    I have mixed lettuce in pots with plastic bells on top and carrots as well. Both germinated weeks ago but I picked enough salad leaves for a meal this evening. Doubtfull about the carrots coming to anything, I might have to eat the leaves with the salad stuff!
    I have mixed lettuce in pots with plastic bells on top and carrots as well. Both germinated weeks ago but I picked enough salad leaves for a meal this evening. Doubtfull about the carrots coming to anything, I might have to eat the leaves with...
    I have mixed lettuce in pots with plastic bells on top and carrots as well. Both germinated weeks ago but I picked enough salad leaves for a meal this evening. Doubtfull about the carrots coming...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Seasidesal

Winter growing

Thank you for you help and ideas.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. chrispt

winter greenhouse

hi Dave. What sort of lettuce is that? Is it like Tom Thumb - hearted I mean. What about carrots?
    hi Dave. What sort of lettuce is that? Is it like Tom Thumb - hearted I mean. What about carrots?
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. mojo

Winter green house .

Kristen, it can all get a bit confusing I reckon. Somewhere I read that manure has no value as a fertilizer, but rather creates an environment where nutrients within the soil can be released...
    Kristen, it can all get a bit confusing I reckon. Somewhere I read that manure has no value as a fertilizer, but rather creates an environment where nutrients within the soil can be released effectively. Or was that Lime ? :scratch:
    Kristen, it can all get a bit confusing I reckon. Somewhere I read that manure has no value as a fertilizer, but rather creates an environment where nutrients within the soil can be released effectively. Or was that Lime ? :scratch:
    Kristen, it can all get a bit confusing I reckon. Somewhere I read that manure has no value as a fertilizer, but rather creates an environment where nutrients within the soil can be released...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. goldenlay

windproof greenhouse

Goldenlay,Try this chap on Ebay , prices I have seen so far 10'6 x 6'6 �£499.00 plus delivery :eek:Nathan.
    Goldenlay,Try this chap on Ebay , prices I have seen so far 10'6 x 6'6 �£499.00 plus delivery :eek:Nathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Seadog

Window ventilation

..also try to get a get a decent height difference between the top and bottom vents.
    ..also try to get a get a decent height difference between the top and bottom vents.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. stumorphmac
    Friendly x 5

Wind damage

Yes that's them, I'll follow your advice and leave them alone. Thank you Armandii
    Yes that's them, I'll follow your advice and leave them alone. Thank you Armandii
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Rachiepache

Wind Battered greenhouse

Hi how about a poly tunnel regds Alex
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. roger06

Why aren't my cukes growing?

yellow edge is they are cold or they need a feed or both
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. SuperDaz

Who made this Greenhouse?

Your greenhouse does look like a Halls one as yours looks identical to the one we had where we used to live.I have found this link that might be able to help you.Give them a ring or email them and...
    Your greenhouse does look like a Halls one as yours looks identical to the one we had where we used to live.I have found this link that might be able to help you.Give them a ring or email them and tell them your plight and see what they can do for you.:) Good Luck and hope that you get the part...
    Your greenhouse does look like a Halls one as yours looks identical to the one we had where we used to live.I have found this link that might be able to help you.Give them a ring or email them and tell them your plight and see what they can do...
    Your greenhouse does look like a Halls one as yours looks identical to the one we had where we used to live.I have found this link that might be able to help you.Give them a ring or email them and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Misty

Whitefly in the greenhouse

I use sticky yellow cards in greenhouse and polytunnel. They don't completely eliminate the pest but do reduce it quite a bit. You have to keep them quite close to your plants.
    I use sticky yellow cards in greenhouse and polytunnel. They don't completely eliminate the pest but do reduce it quite a bit. You have to keep them quite close to your plants.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. jane0o0

Whitefly

IIRC ricky101, it's whitefly that African Marigolds repel. Marigolds self-sow in my polytunnel each year and there has never been a whitefly problem, so I tend to believe in that tip :)
    IIRC ricky101, it's whitefly that African Marigolds repel. Marigolds self-sow in my polytunnel each year and there has never been a whitefly problem, so I tend to believe in that tip :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. thatfatbloke

Which way should greenhouse face?.

Sorry hadn't read @Kleftiwallah post when I replied, don't read my post as a criticism of the earlier suggestion of N-S :)
    Sorry hadn't read @Kleftiwallah post when I replied, don't read my post as a criticism of the earlier suggestion of N-S :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice