Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Barry79

Storm Proofing Greenhouse

We had the same problem in storm Arwen, it bowed the bottom rail in on the long side (12 feet), but fortunately no glass broke. Next morning we found the door, which is on a runner, had blown open...
    We had the same problem in storm Arwen, it bowed the bottom rail in on the long side (12 feet), but fortunately no glass broke. Next morning we found the door, which is on a runner, had blown open so the wind could have got in with disastrous consequences . Next time a storm is predicted I'll...
    We had the same problem in storm Arwen, it bowed the bottom rail in on the long side (12 feet), but fortunately no glass broke. Next morning we found the door, which is on a runner, had blown open so the wind could have got in with disastrous...
    We had the same problem in storm Arwen, it bowed the bottom rail in on the long side (12 feet), but fortunately no glass broke. Next morning we found the door, which is on a runner, had blown open...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. JimmyB

Mouldy seeds in the greenhouse

Funny you should say that: I googled how to collect and store Morning Glory seeds the other day - I've had some great success with them this year, having never tried before and have a great mass...
    Funny you should say that: I googled how to collect and store Morning Glory seeds the other day - I've had some great success with them this year, having never tried before and have a great mass of seeds which I am collecting as the seed pods turn brown.I had quite a surprise on Google. ...
    Funny you should say that: I googled how to collect and store Morning Glory seeds the other day - I've had some great success with them this year, having never tried before and have a great mass of seeds which I am collecting as the seed pods...
    Funny you should say that: I googled how to collect and store Morning Glory seeds the other day - I've had some great success with them this year, having never tried before and have a great mass...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Sargan

What Tomato variety

Looking to buy my seeds for next year Any particular seller use .... that provides good viable type true seeds.
    Looking to buy my seeds for next year Any particular seller use .... that provides good viable type true seeds.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Darren2993

DIY Mini Greenhouse

No need to apologise, I was worried you were thinking of starting seeds now.I sow tomato seeds indoors in our utility room next to the boiler, in mid March. It is a steady 22C ideal for...
    No need to apologise, I was worried you were thinking of starting seeds now.I sow tomato seeds indoors in our utility room next to the boiler, in mid March. It is a steady 22C ideal for germination. I have to check at least once a day and when they have germinated I move them to a cooler room...
    No need to apologise, I was worried you were thinking of starting seeds now.I sow tomato seeds indoors in our utility room next to the boiler, in mid March. It is a steady 22C ideal for germination. I have to check at least once a day and when...
    No need to apologise, I was worried you were thinking of starting seeds now.I sow tomato seeds indoors in our utility room next to the boiler, in mid March. It is a steady 22C ideal for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. welshone

Sowing Perennial seeds in Autumn

To be honest I I don't think it matters too much. I use the silvered stuff. It's a bit more expensive but if you don't need the light going through it reflects any warmth and light back.
    To be honest I I don't think it matters too much. I use the silvered stuff. It's a bit more expensive but if you don't need the light going through it reflects any warmth and light back.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Lem
    Like x 9

DIY Greenhouse Bench

@pete yes Pete going electric, your right about the mess and smell etc. As you say some cacti don’t seem to mind the winter , and bubblewrap is great for installation , thanks also for the advice...
    @pete yes Pete going electric, your right about the mess and smell etc. As you say some cacti don’t seem to mind the winter , and bubblewrap is great for installation , thanks also for the advice on the thermostat :thumbsup:
    @pete yes Pete going electric, your right about the mess and smell etc. As you say some cacti don’t seem to mind the winter , and bubblewrap is great for installation , thanks also for the advice on the thermostat :thumbsup:
    @pete yes Pete going electric, your right about the mess and smell etc. As you say some cacti don’t seem to mind the winter , and bubblewrap is great for installation , thanks also for the advice...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ricky101

Palram vs Sunny vs Ebay/China Greenhouses

So if your structures weren't secured deeply into the ground and in heavy concrete or bolted to large containers, you would need to batten them down with bigger versions of those tie downs...
    So if your structures weren't secured deeply into the ground and in heavy concrete or bolted to large containers, you would need to batten them down with bigger versions of those tie downs pictured, right?No difference between them as far as structure stability. Yours are just bigger! :heehee:
    So if your structures weren't secured deeply into the ground and in heavy concrete or bolted to large containers, you would need to batten them down with bigger versions of those tie downs pictured, right?No difference between them as far as...
    So if your structures weren't secured deeply into the ground and in heavy concrete or bolted to large containers, you would need to batten them down with bigger versions of those tie downs...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Gardencat994

Buying a greenhouse

Hi,As that space is 3mts + wide you could fit one , two or even three 8 or 10ft long greenhouses in an East to West orientation to gain maximum sunlight. If looking for something wider and...
    Hi,As that space is 3mts + wide you could fit one , two or even three 8 or 10ft long greenhouses in an East to West orientation to gain maximum sunlight. If looking for something wider and longer North to South will be needed, but don't forget most greenhouses have to be shaded during the...
    Hi,As that space is 3mts + wide you could fit one , two or even three 8 or 10ft long greenhouses in an East to West orientation to gain maximum sunlight. If looking for something wider and longer North to South will be needed, but don't forget...
    Hi,As that space is 3mts + wide you could fit one , two or even three 8 or 10ft long greenhouses in an East to West orientation to gain maximum sunlight. If looking for something wider and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Paul Blackburn

Replacement Part for Gutter

@Paul Blackburn I installed insect screening over the top of my gutters this year so as to keep the leaves out in the first place.
    @Paul Blackburn I installed insect screening over the top of my gutters this year so as to keep the leaves out in the first place.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. elgm73
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Livinhope

Bland flavours

See my ingredients molasses is black treacle Reds sandy
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. WeeTam

Greenhouse rooflight part help ...

@WeeTam Rhino call them "roof vent bungs R92/55." Unfortunately that doesn't help much as I have no idea where to get them for a Robinson's greenhouse
    @WeeTam Rhino call them "roof vent bungs R92/55." Unfortunately that doesn't help much as I have no idea where to get them for a Robinson's greenhouse
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Crobbery

Anchoring greenhouse to a gravel grid base

Hi,First thing, what make of greenhouse are you getting and are you purchasing their Base, sometimes offered as standard or as an extra; either way essential in our book, it also adds extra...
    Hi,First thing, what make of greenhouse are you getting and are you purchasing their Base, sometimes offered as standard or as an extra; either way essential in our book, it also adds extra height to the structure,As @JWK says it needs to be properly anchored using the ground spikes than...
    Hi,First thing, what make of greenhouse are you getting and are you purchasing their Base, sometimes offered as standard or as an extra; either way essential in our book, it also adds extra height to the structure,As @JWK says it needs to be...
    Hi,First thing, what make of greenhouse are you getting and are you purchasing their Base, sometimes offered as standard or as an extra; either way essential in our book, it also adds extra...
    000683.jpg 000685.jpg 000684.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Welshman

What are you growing

Meh……18” will be enough, i dont want them huge, only two of us in the house
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Sargan

Tomatoes should I cut back, too tall

Have you got flowers yet @Sargan ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. DevonPhil

Breathing life into an old greenhouse

Looks like you made a great job of the paving. Good on you and enjoy it. How lovely you have a nice outlook behind your garden instead of houses too.
    Looks like you made a great job of the paving. Good on you and enjoy it. How lovely you have a nice outlook behind your garden instead of houses too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. jane0o0

Greenhouse

One side of my greenhouse is 10mm twin wall polycarbonate. I think this does actually give a small measure of insulation.However cold its been outside in the last 30 yrs or so that side has...
    One side of my greenhouse is 10mm twin wall polycarbonate. I think this does actually give a small measure of insulation.However cold its been outside in the last 30 yrs or so that side has never frozen with a heater just keeping the greenhouse frost free. The glass side regularly freezes on...
    One side of my greenhouse is 10mm twin wall polycarbonate. I think this does actually give a small measure of insulation.However cold its been outside in the last 30 yrs or so that side has never frozen with a heater just keeping the greenhouse...
    One side of my greenhouse is 10mm twin wall polycarbonate. I think this does actually give a small measure of insulation.However cold its been outside in the last 30 yrs or so that side has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jordhandeson
    Like x 22

My diy greenhouse build

All healthy looking plants too. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Tinkerbelle61

Cold frame - too cold?

Oh really, Close it at night, okay thanks @pete will do. Guess that will stop the slugs too !!
    Oh really, Close it at night, okay thanks @pete will do. Guess that will stop the slugs too !!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. justsomeguy

Eltex greenhouse heater

I have recently acquired one of these and have absolutely no idea how to replace the wick or even control the flame. The knob mechanism does not turn and it doesn't look like like anything else I...
    I have recently acquired one of these and have absolutely no idea how to replace the wick or even control the flame. The knob mechanism does not turn and it doesn't look like like anything else I can find online. Also, the wich housing part is held in with one screw and 2 x rivets. Any...
    I have recently acquired one of these and have absolutely no idea how to replace the wick or even control the flame. The knob mechanism does not turn and it doesn't look like like anything else I can find online. Also, the wich housing part is...
    I have recently acquired one of these and have absolutely no idea how to replace the wick or even control the flame. The knob mechanism does not turn and it doesn't look like like anything else I...
    Eltex heater.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice