Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Upcountrygirl

More about greenhouse bases

Just my thoughts but how do you move a very rickkety fully glazed greenhouse if its not sitting square.Also there could be the chance of breaking some of the glass during the fixing process,...
    Just my thoughts but how do you move a very rickkety fully glazed greenhouse if its not sitting square.Also there could be the chance of breaking some of the glass during the fixing process, depending on how you go about it.
    Just my thoughts but how do you move a very rickkety fully glazed greenhouse if its not sitting square.Also there could be the chance of breaking some of the glass during the fixing process, depending on how you go about it.
    Just my thoughts but how do you move a very rickkety fully glazed greenhouse if its not sitting square.Also there could be the chance of breaking some of the glass during the fixing process,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Snappers

Greenhouse errection

Hi Snappers, I am really gutted that you took the easy way out (getting someone to put it up for you) cos I am new to this forum and I enjoyed reading your posts. We are in the same position (have...
    Hi Snappers, I am really gutted that you took the easy way out (getting someone to put it up for you) cos I am new to this forum and I enjoyed reading your posts. We are in the same position (have a great pile of bits, thinking "Omigod what have we done!") Only this time it's me who wants the...
    Hi Snappers, I am really gutted that you took the easy way out (getting someone to put it up for you) cos I am new to this forum and I enjoyed reading your posts. We are in the same position (have a great pile of bits, thinking "Omigod what have...
    Hi Snappers, I am really gutted that you took the easy way out (getting someone to put it up for you) cos I am new to this forum and I enjoyed reading your posts. We are in the same position (have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Steve R

Greenhouses and Cats

If your greenhouse glass panes can weather a tree small tree limb from falling on it, or a good storm, they will most likely survive a cat.
    If your greenhouse glass panes can weather a tree small tree limb from falling on it, or a good storm, they will most likely survive a cat.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Scotkat

Greenhouse Door Frozen

and still frozen solid :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. izard

Green House questions..

lol.. hi dave, slight problem, i got given this one.. and i don't see anything that resembles the manufactors name..
    lol.. hi dave, slight problem, i got given this one.. and i don't see anything that resembles the manufactors name..
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. paddy_rice

Beginner's greenhouse?

Many thanks Hex
    Many thanks Hex
    Many thanks Hex
    Many thanks Hex
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Dave W

A REALLY BIG greenhouse

I wouldn`t want to be their window cleaner :) It also appears they will be using rockwool for the hydro substrate which doesnt seem that green.
    I wouldn`t want to be their window cleaner :) It also appears they will be using rockwool for the hydro substrate which doesnt seem that green.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Scotkat

Greenhouse Tidy

:) Blue sky now but not quite catching greenhouses.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. digger1

Seedlings / Greenhouse

I would agree with Strongy. I never water my seeds and seedlings for the first couple of months or so when they are in a propogator. By having a transparent top, you reduce the moisture loss a...
    I would agree with Strongy. I never water my seeds and seedlings for the first couple of months or so when they are in a propogator. By having a transparent top, you reduce the moisture loss a lot. All I do is spray them each day or so with a weak solution of Cheshunt compound. For me this...
    I would agree with Strongy. I never water my seeds and seedlings for the first couple of months or so when they are in a propogator. By having a transparent top, you reduce the moisture loss a lot. All I do is spray them each day or so with a...
    I would agree with Strongy. I never water my seeds and seedlings for the first couple of months or so when they are in a propogator. By having a transparent top, you reduce the moisture loss a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Scotkat

Containers in greenhouse

Just been planting up containers still had some spare spring bulbs that had not been planted . Extra pots of Spring cheer but am now so cold frost lifted buy by its very cold.
    Just been planting up containers still had some spare spring bulbs that had not been planted . Extra pots of Spring cheer but am now so cold frost lifted buy by its very cold.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Adam Moran

Greenhouse base help

Glass panel
    Glass panel
    Glass panel
    Glass panel
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Steve R

Greenhouse location

If you have a problem putting in the glazing clips use a small screwdriver for leverage.:thumb:
    If you have a problem putting in the glazing clips use a small screwdriver for leverage.:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. peteyjen

Side Vents

Thanks for the info may have to go for the polycarbon.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. TortMad

Parafin heater

Visited our " local " garden centre this morning. Paraffin £9.99 a gallon.:help::scratch:
    Visited our " local " garden centre this morning. Paraffin £9.99 a gallon.:help::scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Kristen

Automatic vents

Why dont you join your area 'freecycle' you can get Slabs, old sheds, Greenhouses and everything you need from there and it is all free.
    Why dont you join your area 'freecycle' you can get Slabs, old sheds, Greenhouses and everything you need from there and it is all free.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Loofah

Thinking of building your own greenhouse?

Thanks Kirsten that's a good link, with some improvements to the ventillation that could make a substantial polytunnel.
    Thanks Kirsten that's a good link, with some improvements to the ventillation that could make a substantial polytunnel.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. shimsham

Greeenhouse Staging

Right, have just uploaded a pic in my Album. I'll have a look for another pic with the soil container installed ....
    Right, have just uploaded a pic in my Album. I'll have a look for another pic with the soil container installed ....
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. wilroda

Gas greenhouse heaters

I reckon you will run it Nov through March and Dec through February will need more than Nov and Mar. You won't need much during the day, most days.Your average of 0.22 kW per hour is pretty low...
    I reckon you will run it Nov through March and Dec through February will need more than Nov and Mar. You won't need much during the day, most days.Your average of 0.22 kW per hour is pretty low - by comparison with a standard fan heater which has three settings for 1kW, 2kW and 3kW - so I...
    I reckon you will run it Nov through March and Dec through February will need more than Nov and Mar. You won't need much during the day, most days.Your average of 0.22 kW per hour is pretty low - by comparison with a standard fan heater which...
    I reckon you will run it Nov through March and Dec through February will need more than Nov and Mar. You won't need much during the day, most days.Your average of 0.22 kW per hour is pretty low...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. stel

greenhouses

Good idea, Pam. Don`t be daunted about erecting it, either.:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sussexgardener

Plastic "Greenhouse"

I have two of those Argos-style plastic greenhouses. I paid about 10 quid each for mind, not £40 ....... I use them inside my (cold) conservatory in the spring to start seedlings off. I put a...
    I have two of those Argos-style plastic greenhouses. I paid about 10 quid each for mind, not £40 ....... I use them inside my (cold) conservatory in the spring to start seedlings off. I put a 40W light bulb in the bottom to generate enough heat on frosty nights etc. and zip them up to keep...
    I have two of those Argos-style plastic greenhouses. I paid about 10 quid each for mind, not £40 ....... I use them inside my (cold) conservatory in the spring to start seedlings off. I put a 40W light bulb in the bottom to generate enough...
    I have two of those Argos-style plastic greenhouses. I paid about 10 quid each for mind, not £40 ....... I use them inside my (cold) conservatory in the spring to start seedlings off. I put a...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice