1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. jane0o0

Greenhouse

One side of my greenhouse is 10mm twin wall polycarbonate. I think this does actually give a small measure of insulation.However cold its been outside in the last 30 yrs or so that side has...
    One side of my greenhouse is 10mm twin wall polycarbonate. I think this does actually give a small measure of insulation.However cold its been outside in the last 30 yrs or so that side has never frozen with a heater just keeping the greenhouse frost free. The glass side regularly freezes on...
    One side of my greenhouse is 10mm twin wall polycarbonate. I think this does actually give a small measure of insulation.However cold its been outside in the last 30 yrs or so that side has never frozen with a heater just keeping the greenhouse...
    One side of my greenhouse is 10mm twin wall polycarbonate. I think this does actually give a small measure of insulation.However cold its been outside in the last 30 yrs or so that side has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Jordhandeson
    Like x 22

My diy greenhouse build

All healthy looking plants too. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Tinkerbelle61

Cold frame - too cold?

Oh really, Close it at night, okay thanks @pete will do. Guess that will stop the slugs too !!
    Oh really, Close it at night, okay thanks @pete will do. Guess that will stop the slugs too !!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. justsomeguy

Eltex greenhouse heater

I have recently acquired one of these and have absolutely no idea how to replace the wick or even control the flame. The knob mechanism does not turn and it doesn't look like like anything else I...
    I have recently acquired one of these and have absolutely no idea how to replace the wick or even control the flame. The knob mechanism does not turn and it doesn't look like like anything else I can find online. Also, the wich housing part is held in with one screw and 2 x rivets. Any...
    I have recently acquired one of these and have absolutely no idea how to replace the wick or even control the flame. The knob mechanism does not turn and it doesn't look like like anything else I can find online. Also, the wich housing part is...
    I have recently acquired one of these and have absolutely no idea how to replace the wick or even control the flame. The knob mechanism does not turn and it doesn't look like like anything else I...
    Eltex heater.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. mazambo

Disappointed with tomato germination

This year I germinated tomato seeds I saved in 2008 and in 2018 I germinated shop bought tomato seed in foil packets from 2005, so germinating after 13 years kept at room temperature in Xmas...
    This year I germinated tomato seeds I saved in 2008 and in 2018 I germinated shop bought tomato seed in foil packets from 2005, so germinating after 13 years kept at room temperature in Xmas biscuit selection tubs is doable.I suspect the rubbish quality of some suppliers seeds has something...
    This year I germinated tomato seeds I saved in 2008 and in 2018 I germinated shop bought tomato seed in foil packets from 2005, so germinating after 13 years kept at room temperature in Xmas biscuit selection tubs is doable.I suspect the...
    This year I germinated tomato seeds I saved in 2008 and in 2018 I germinated shop bought tomato seed in foil packets from 2005, so germinating after 13 years kept at room temperature in Xmas...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. zilly
    Like x 13

New Greenhouse

And I thought I was loosing the plot I cant see it iether:roflol::roflol::roflol: I thought it was something to do with todays date lol
    And I thought I was loosing the plot I cant see it iether:roflol::roflol::roflol: I thought it was something to do with todays date lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Seonaid

Greenhouse build advice

I've got 9mm twin wall polycarbonate in one side of my green house and glass the other. The inside of the poly never freezes but the glass often freezes on the inside even with the heating on.
    I've got 9mm twin wall polycarbonate in one side of my green house and glass the other. The inside of the poly never freezes but the glass often freezes on the inside even with the heating on.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Fredas

Greenhouse to face West?

Gardener's Law states that: The number of plants requiring to be in the greenhouse at anytime of year is always a whole number greater than can be comfortably accomodated" This also applies to...
    Gardener's Law states that: The number of plants requiring to be in the greenhouse at anytime of year is always a whole number greater than can be comfortably accomodated" This also applies to window sill and propagators.
    Gardener's Law states that: The number of plants requiring to be in the greenhouse at anytime of year is always a whole number greater than can be comfortably accomodated" This also applies to window sill and propagators.
    Gardener's Law states that: The number of plants requiring to be in the greenhouse at anytime of year is always a whole number greater than can be comfortably accomodated" This also applies to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Sean c g

When to start

Little update. I have good growth on all my seeds :).planted some Indian chillies, red carribean chillies,green frenk chillies, padron peppers and then some lemon basil and lemon grass. All a good...
    Little update. I have good growth on all my seeds :).planted some Indian chillies, red carribean chillies,green frenk chillies, padron peppers and then some lemon basil and lemon grass. All a good height now so I’m going to repot them the next couple of days and leave out of the propagator on a...
    Little update. I have good growth on all my seeds :).planted some Indian chillies, red carribean chillies,green frenk chillies, padron peppers and then some lemon basil and lemon grass. All a good height now so I’m going to repot them the next...
    Little update. I have good growth on all my seeds :).planted some Indian chillies, red carribean chillies,green frenk chillies, padron peppers and then some lemon basil and lemon grass. All a good...
    IMG_0266.jpg GinTrap.jpg 89C07747-3F2F-44D8-8BD5-E6FE5EDD4AFE.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. BFOSP

Bought a new heater

Hi,As mentioned in the previous entry we have a 4x2ft enclosure for our orchids ,half of which is now turned over to propagation of flowers etc.Its lid is currently pulled opened via a string...
    Hi,As mentioned in the previous entry we have a 4x2ft enclosure for our orchids ,half of which is now turned over to propagation of flowers etc.Its lid is currently pulled opened via a string from the greenhouses auto roof vent, but that can be rather slow to react and the temp in the...
    Hi,As mentioned in the previous entry we have a 4x2ft enclosure for our orchids ,half of which is now turned over to propagation of flowers etc.Its lid is currently pulled opened via a string from the greenhouses auto roof vent, but that can...
    Hi,As mentioned in the previous entry we have a 4x2ft enclosure for our orchids ,half of which is now turned over to propagation of flowers etc.Its lid is currently pulled opened via a string...
    Heater set09-09-2019-11-12-14.jpg 000352.jpg 000472.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Theo1

Ideas for greehouse shelving

Hi Nigel thanks for the advice, I have checked and it is as square as I can get it, its not 100% but its not bad, i think the wind may have got in by the overlap on the glass and ripped it out,...
    Hi Nigel thanks for the advice, I have checked and it is as square as I can get it, its not 100% but its not bad, i think the wind may have got in by the overlap on the glass and ripped it out, fingers crossed I have it sorted, I have read some where that using glazing tape across the over lap...
    Hi Nigel thanks for the advice, I have checked and it is as square as I can get it, its not 100% but its not bad, i think the wind may have got in by the overlap on the glass and ripped it out, fingers crossed I have it sorted, I have read some...
    Hi Nigel thanks for the advice, I have checked and it is as square as I can get it, its not 100% but its not bad, i think the wind may have got in by the overlap on the glass and ripped it out,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Black Dog

Buying or building a greenhouse?

Why worry about the small stuff when Fukushima's going to poison the planet anyway ? Sad but true :ouch1:
    Why worry about the small stuff when Fukushima's going to poison the planet anyway ? Sad but true :ouch1:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. BarS
    Informative x 4

Automatic ventilation in my greenhouse. Made a small improvement with 2 bottles of beer. Works great

Of course, I filled the bottles with water)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. landimad

Birds in Greenhouse

My GH is a Halls cedarwood. The door has three horizontal glass panes, replaced with twinwall polycarbonate. These are easily removed in the summer. The area on the inside of the doot is...
    My GH is a Halls cedarwood. The door has three horizontal glass panes, replaced with twinwall polycarbonate. These are easily removed in the summer. The area on the inside of the doot is covered with wire mesh.
    My GH is a Halls cedarwood. The door has three horizontal glass panes, replaced with twinwall polycarbonate. These are easily removed in the summer. The area on the inside of the doot is covered with wire mesh.
    My GH is a Halls cedarwood. The door has three horizontal glass panes, replaced with twinwall polycarbonate. These are easily removed in the summer. The area on the inside of the doot is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. beefpotnoodle

New greenhouse grower!

i also do as nigelj , scrungee and Canadian Lori, as do many others and start off indoors (conservatory) with heated propagators and grow lights and aim to get plants into greenhouse in...
    i also do as nigelj , scrungee and Canadian Lori, as do many others and start off indoors (conservatory) with heated propagators and grow lights and aim to get plants into greenhouse in May Regards Sandy
    i also do as nigelj , scrungee and Canadian Lori, as do many others and start off indoors (conservatory) with heated propagators and grow lights and aim to get plants into greenhouse in May Regards Sandy
    i also do as nigelj , scrungee and Canadian Lori, as do many others and start off indoors (conservatory) with heated propagators and grow lights and aim to get plants into greenhouse in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. PSK1976

Help needed - replacement glass clips

My greenhouse uses those clips (simplicity classic) bought it from the greenhouse people , i have just looked they have those clips on website Regds Sandy
    My greenhouse uses those clips (simplicity classic) bought it from the greenhouse people , i have just looked they have those clips on website Regds Sandy
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. BFOSP

My New s/h GreenHouse

Hi,We have a north facing house wall thats almost 100% shade but it is still quiet colourful.There are even books for Plants in Shade, but many common plants can be used , like Ferns and Ivy,...
    Hi,We have a north facing house wall thats almost 100% shade but it is still quiet colourful.There are even books for Plants in Shade, but many common plants can be used , like Ferns and Ivy, Hardy Fuchsias, Begonias, Heucheras are some that we use.Plenty more here for starters..
    Hi,We have a north facing house wall thats almost 100% shade but it is still quiet colourful.There are even books for Plants in Shade, but many common plants can be used , like Ferns and Ivy, Hardy Fuchsias, Begonias, Heucheras are some...
    Hi,We have a north facing house wall thats almost 100% shade but it is still quiet colourful.There are even books for Plants in Shade, but many common plants can be used , like Ferns and Ivy,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Sean c g

Placement advice

Thanks for the advice. Was hoping I could go right back but don’t want to make problems for the future.
    Thanks for the advice. Was hoping I could go right back but don’t want to make problems for the future.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Paul Blackburn

Heating Greenhouse

I have tried contacting Brierley Heritage many times but with no results, as it looks like what i require. They might be not working due to Covid, and the mobile number on the web site goes to...
    I have tried contacting Brierley Heritage many times but with no results, as it looks like what i require. They might be not working due to Covid, and the mobile number on the web site goes to answering machine and i get no return call. Does anyone know if they are still trading?
    I have tried contacting Brierley Heritage many times but with no results, as it looks like what i require. They might be not working due to Covid, and the mobile number on the web site goes to answering machine and i get no return call. Does...
    I have tried contacting Brierley Heritage many times but with no results, as it looks like what i require. They might be not working due to Covid, and the mobile number on the web site goes to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. clum111

Insulating a Greenhouse?

Sorry, I'm just back, as I've had computer issues. That's for your replies. I've put 3 bamboo canes in the roof and ran bubble wrap over & down the sides, which has worked out fine.
    Sorry, I'm just back, as I've had computer issues. That's for your replies. I've put 3 bamboo canes in the roof and ran bubble wrap over & down the sides, which has worked out fine.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice