Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. ricky101

Humidity monitoring ?

Humidity, I find is one of those difficult things to get a grip of. Usually they talk of relative humidity, which I tend to think is the humidity relative to the air temperature. Temperature goes...
    Humidity, I find is one of those difficult things to get a grip of. Usually they talk of relative humidity, which I tend to think is the humidity relative to the air temperature. Temperature goes up humidity goes down and vise versa But the actual amount of moisture in the air is still the...
    Humidity, I find is one of those difficult things to get a grip of. Usually they talk of relative humidity, which I tend to think is the humidity relative to the air temperature. Temperature goes up humidity goes down and vise versa But the...
    Humidity, I find is one of those difficult things to get a grip of. Usually they talk of relative humidity, which I tend to think is the humidity relative to the air temperature. Temperature goes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Adrian Dickerson

Black Hamburg grapevine in greenhouse- How many bunches should I allow to mature?

Hmmm, maybe, but I think the Hampton Court grapevine predates you by a couple of centuries or so!
    Hmmm, maybe, but I think the Hampton Court grapevine predates you by a couple of centuries or so!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Darren2993

Poor Seed Germination

A leggy seedling is likely to be a light issue, I used deep root trainers for the first time this year and I really like them and they can be reused (with a bit of care I would imagine quite a few...
    A leggy seedling is likely to be a light issue, I used deep root trainers for the first time this year and I really like them and they can be reused (with a bit of care I would imagine quite a few times) I like to recycle myself but I find ready made seed trays more efficient for me, you can get...
    A leggy seedling is likely to be a light issue, I used deep root trainers for the first time this year and I really like them and they can be reused (with a bit of care I would imagine quite a few times) I like to recycle myself but I find ready...
    A leggy seedling is likely to be a light issue, I used deep root trainers for the first time this year and I really like them and they can be reused (with a bit of care I would imagine quite a few...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. LettuceG

Some greenhouse questions

Relocate the greenhouse.
    Relocate the greenhouse.
    Relocate the greenhouse.
    Relocate the greenhouse.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Arlandria

Help me choose a greenhouse!

Thanks Sandy! I think I just wanted some reassurance that I wasn't going in a daft direction, but this discussion has confirmed that I'm not, and also brought in some new info that'll help me get...
    Thanks Sandy! I think I just wanted some reassurance that I wasn't going in a daft direction, but this discussion has confirmed that I'm not, and also brought in some new info that'll help me get the right accessories.Of course I had a look this morning and everything I was considering it out...
    Thanks Sandy! I think I just wanted some reassurance that I wasn't going in a daft direction, but this discussion has confirmed that I'm not, and also brought in some new info that'll help me get the right accessories.Of course I had a look...
    Thanks Sandy! I think I just wanted some reassurance that I wasn't going in a daft direction, but this discussion has confirmed that I'm not, and also brought in some new info that'll help me get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Barry79

Greenhouse foundation on lawn

On that subject, if you need to set anything accurately into concrete, you want to build the frame first and *then* pour the concrete. The other option is to lay concrete with nothing set in it,...
    On that subject, if you need to set anything accurately into concrete, you want to build the frame first and *then* pour the concrete. The other option is to lay concrete with nothing set in it, and then drill appropriate holes for anchor bolts.
    On that subject, if you need to set anything accurately into concrete, you want to build the frame first and *then* pour the concrete. The other option is to lay concrete with nothing set in it, and then drill appropriate holes for anchor bolts.
    On that subject, if you need to set anything accurately into concrete, you want to build the frame first and *then* pour the concrete. The other option is to lay concrete with nothing set in it,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. pooky2483

Growing out of season in a large split greenhouse

Ok so no outdoor space, can't say I know too much about growing out of season under glass, except I would avoid all brassicas indoors because they are unpleasantly smelly and will attract white...
    Ok so no outdoor space, can't say I know too much about growing out of season under glass, except I would avoid all brassicas indoors because they are unpleasantly smelly and will attract white fly. I would suggest herbs. Maybe your idea of watercress too but I have no experience with it...
    Ok so no outdoor space, can't say I know too much about growing out of season under glass, except I would avoid all brassicas indoors because they are unpleasantly smelly and will attract white fly. I would suggest herbs. Maybe your idea of...
    Ok so no outdoor space, can't say I know too much about growing out of season under glass, except I would avoid all brassicas indoors because they are unpleasantly smelly and will attract white...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. CanadianLori

Overnight Temperature- How low do you go?

@sandymac thank you! That is exactly what I wanted to know. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Kennyhicks

My peppers have arrived.

They look good, but assume they are outside and its just that the toms do not like it if the night time temp goes below 10c, which is happening with these clear nights, we recorded 2c last...
    They look good, but assume they are outside and its just that the toms do not like it if the night time temp goes below 10c, which is happening with these clear nights, we recorded 2c last night.If you have any space at the bottom of the tent to put a trug or some buckets filled with water so...
    They look good, but assume they are outside and its just that the toms do not like it if the night time temp goes below 10c, which is happening with these clear nights, we recorded 2c last night.If you have any space at the bottom of the tent...
    They look good, but assume they are outside and its just that the toms do not like it if the night time temp goes below 10c, which is happening with these clear nights, we recorded 2c last...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Kennyhicks

Tomato potting on

In case helpful here's what I do when potting onI only use same-brand-and-size pots for everything, 'coz I have loads to do and it streamlines the process, but folk might be using Yogurt tubs...
    In case helpful here's what I do when potting onI only use same-brand-and-size pots for everything, 'coz I have loads to do and it streamlines the process, but folk might be using Yogurt tubs and other cartons as pots all of different sizes. Principle is the same.I put a little compost in...
    In case helpful here's what I do when potting onI only use same-brand-and-size pots for everything, 'coz I have loads to do and it streamlines the process, but folk might be using Yogurt tubs and other cartons as pots all of different sizes....
    In case helpful here's what I do when potting onI only use same-brand-and-size pots for everything, 'coz I have loads to do and it streamlines the process, but folk might be using Yogurt tubs...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Kristen

Recording / Logging Greenhouse Temperatures

Its between my greenhouses - North side of the one in front :) as I was trying to avoid any direct sun. If the wind howls from East or West it would definitely go through that gap ...I have a an...
    Its between my greenhouses - North side of the one in front :) as I was trying to avoid any direct sun. If the wind howls from East or West it would definitely go through that gap ...I have a an upturned plastic (mesh) crate, to allow some airflow (upwards) with the sensor on top, and then a...
    Its between my greenhouses - North side of the one in front :) as I was trying to avoid any direct sun. If the wind howls from East or West it would definitely go through that gap ...I have a an upturned plastic (mesh) crate, to allow some...
    Its between my greenhouses - North side of the one in front :) as I was trying to avoid any direct sun. If the wind howls from East or West it would definitely go through that gap ...I have a an...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. SheilaM

Plastic Greenhouse

@Kennyhicks that is lovely. Looks like there is scrim embedded in the plastic. Nice one!
    @Kennyhicks that is lovely. Looks like there is scrim embedded in the plastic. Nice one!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. mazambo

Heated seed beds?

I've got 6 of the things and so a lot of plugs. Wish I'd known about the bigger ones earlier :doh: What the heck. I've got sand and stuff - experimenting shall begin soon :)
    I've got 6 of the things and so a lot of plugs. Wish I'd known about the bigger ones earlier :doh: What the heck. I've got sand and stuff - experimenting shall begin soon :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Paul4321

Greenhouse or polytunnel?

@Paul4321 The 12*12 comes with 6 anchors. These are long bolts, about 9" long if I remember right, that are concreted in on soil and fasten to reinforced points on the base. On hard surfaces the...
    @Paul4321 The 12*12 comes with 6 anchors. These are long bolts, about 9" long if I remember right, that are concreted in on soil and fasten to reinforced points on the base. On hard surfaces the reinforced points are bolted to the hard surface. In my case the base is hardcore and the bolts go...
    @Paul4321 The 12*12 comes with 6 anchors. These are long bolts, about 9" long if I remember right, that are concreted in on soil and fasten to reinforced points on the base. On hard surfaces the reinforced points are bolted to the hard surface....
    @Paul4321 The 12*12 comes with 6 anchors. These are long bolts, about 9" long if I remember right, that are concreted in on soil and fasten to reinforced points on the base. On hard surfaces the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Fitzy

Purchasing a Greenhouse

Whatever you do, do not buy one of those cheap light weight pipe framed houses with the plastic sheeting covers. They will simply blow across the yard with the first light breeze.
    Whatever you do, do not buy one of those cheap light weight pipe framed houses with the plastic sheeting covers. They will simply blow across the yard with the first light breeze.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. mazambo

Sweet pea germination

Those colour lights would do my head in! :rolleyespink:I'll see whether the flower has opened more today - or whether it has decided it doesn't like this time of year.
    Those colour lights would do my head in! :rolleyespink:I'll see whether the flower has opened more today - or whether it has decided it doesn't like this time of year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. TubaTeacher

Complete Newbie....help/advice needed!

You beat me to it @ricky101 !
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jupes

Newbie help - what to grow

It a good time to start sowing seeds like tomatoes ( they will need germinating on the windowsill first , then potting on into bigger pots , then into the greenhouse ) . If you're not confident...
    It a good time to start sowing seeds like tomatoes ( they will need germinating on the windowsill first , then potting on into bigger pots , then into the greenhouse ) . If you're not confident yet buy some plug plants , garden centres have lots of young plants now .
    It a good time to start sowing seeds like tomatoes ( they will need germinating on the windowsill first , then potting on into bigger pots , then into the greenhouse ) . If you're not confident yet buy some plug plants , garden centres have lots...
    It a good time to start sowing seeds like tomatoes ( they will need germinating on the windowsill first , then potting on into bigger pots , then into the greenhouse ) . If you're not confident...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Andeks

Tomato seeds

Hi,Thanks for your replies, will wait until March to sow. Will probably add some more varietys as suggested. Thanks again
    Hi,Thanks for your replies, will wait until March to sow. Will probably add some more varietys as suggested. Thanks again
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Paddy

Air flow into greenhouse

Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the...
    Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the back away from the door and air will flow through :)
    Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the back away from the door and air will flow through :)
    Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice