1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Herbs and Wildflowers

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley

WILDFLOWERS YOU HAVE SEEN WHILE OUT WALKING

Bogbean.
    Bogbean.
    Bogbean.
    Bogbean.
    celandine feb 2019.jpg coltsfoot feb 2019.jpg IMG_20190227_130706242.jpg IMG_20190227_130701282.jpg IMG_6618.JPG PURPLE 1.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl

Wild flowers

The verges are snowy with bramble blossom. Every year a glut! And the rose hedging is colouring with hips. Flowery fruit.
    The verges are snowy with bramble blossom. Every year a glut! And the rose hedging is colouring with hips. Flowery fruit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Like x 5

THE UK’s TOP 7 HERBS..

There's lots of wild garlic in the woods near us
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley

COUNTRYSIDE CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PLANTS...

Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of...
    Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of 560 acres on the slopes of the North Downs in Kent. Recently declared as a country park, the reserve...
    Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of 560 acres on the slopes of the North Downs in...
    Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. Marley Farley

Wild Flowers you have seen while out walking....!

I'm glad you mentioned that as I hadn't noticed and I was thinking to myself that I've never seen Marsh Marigolds actually in water before :snork:
    I'm glad you mentioned that as I hadn't noticed and I was thinking to myself that I've never seen Marsh Marigolds actually in water before :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ARMANDII
    Like x 5

WILD FLOWERS YOU HAVE SEEN OUT WHILE OUT WALKING - 2017

@Marley Farley, I think they flower through till the end of September.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Phil A

Wild flowers you have seen out walking 2016

I can't remember if we had a fungus thread, if we have can admin move these, if not I guess they won't do any harm here! Just a few of what we saw on a U3A nature walk at Culpepper's Dish....
    I can't remember if we had a fungus thread, if we have can admin move these, if not I guess they won't do any harm here! Just a few of what we saw on a U3A nature walk at Culpepper's Dish. Dorset.Bracket Fungus.Mini Brackets.Fly Agaric.A 'Beech' something or other!Amethyst...
    I can't remember if we had a fungus thread, if we have can admin move these, if not I guess they won't do any harm here! Just a few of what we saw on a U3A nature walk at Culpepper's Dish. Dorset.Bracket Fungus.Mini Brackets.Fly...
    I can't remember if we had a fungus thread, if we have can admin move these, if not I guess they won't do any harm here! Just a few of what we saw on a U3A nature walk at Culpepper's Dish....
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Victoria

Wildflowers of Portugal

wow. very pretty flowers. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Hornbeam

Wildflowers of the week

Hear Hear Nathan
    Hear Hear Nathan
    Hear Hear Nathan
    Hear Hear Nathan
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. BeeHappy

WEEDS WELCOME

I also like Willow HerbAnnual PoppiesNettlesand those plants that come in uninvited via birds, air, rain, etc.
    I also like Willow HerbAnnual PoppiesNettlesand those plants that come in uninvited via birds, air, rain, etc.
    -bee-signs-ideas-save-the-bees-posters.jpg we.jpg 55d6b958b008172c65919c112c9da754--garden-quotes-veg-garden.jpg nature-knows-no-difference-between-weeds-and-flowers-quote-1.jpg 8d3837b3f25119c63983b098374c109b--the-weeds-garden-signs.jpg Butterflies animated banner.gif
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ARMANDII

WILD FLOWERS YOU HAVE SEEN WHILST OUT WALKING 2018

Link To New ThreadWILDFLOWERS YOUHAVE SEEN WHILE OUT WALKING 2019
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Lorea

Common Sage Pruning

drink singular??? As for speaking English, there is only my wife to speak to and only some of the time as we also talk Catalan. i only know locals (work and neighbours) plus the dogs of course,...
    drink singular??? As for speaking English, there is only my wife to speak to and only some of the time as we also talk Catalan. i only know locals (work and neighbours) plus the dogs of course, but they get bored with football and gardening as conversation and generally ignore me nowadays
    drink singular??? As for speaking English, there is only my wife to speak to and only some of the time as we also talk Catalan. i only know locals (work and neighbours) plus the dogs of course, but they get bored with football and gardening as...
    drink singular??? As for speaking English, there is only my wife to speak to and only some of the time as we also talk Catalan. i only know locals (work and neighbours) plus the dogs of course,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Logan
    Like x 3

wild your garden with Joel Ashton YouTube videos

How to maintain a wildlife pond in winter
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. kr236rk

Herb Garden Disaster :(

Loathe chives :biggrin: dug the ones out I originally planted several years ago, they are too whiffy for me :D Can't believe I got my mint back, will be savoring some with cooked peas soon :) Wonder what...
    Loathe chives :biggrin: dug the ones out I originally planted several years ago, they are too whiffy for me :D Can't believe I got my mint back, will be savoring some with cooked peas soon :) Wonder what else will come up? The grass is a nuisance, muscles in everywhere! The oregano is flourishing, but I...
    Loathe chives :biggrin: dug the ones out I originally planted several years ago, they are too whiffy for me :D Can't believe I got my mint back, will be savoring some with cooked peas soon :) Wonder what else will come up? The grass is a nuisance, muscles...
    Loathe chives :biggrin: dug the ones out I originally planted several years ago, they are too whiffy for me :D Can't believe I got my mint back, will be savoring some with cooked peas soon :) Wonder what...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Hornbeam

Wildflower of the Week

Glad you like the photos and I stand corrected on milfoil . You are quite right of course :D
    Glad you like the photos and I stand corrected on milfoil . You are quite right of course :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. MrsK

Floppy windowsill coriander

Less piquant, more subtle than the regular leaves. I'd never have guessed they grew on the same plant. Maybe stems remain more vertical now because these airy little leaves are of lighter...
    Less piquant, more subtle than the regular leaves. I'd never have guessed they grew on the same plant. Maybe stems remain more vertical now because these airy little leaves are of lighter weight.Never got this far with coriander on the windowsill before -- would've eaten it all before it had a...
    Less piquant, more subtle than the regular leaves. I'd never have guessed they grew on the same plant. Maybe stems remain more vertical now because these airy little leaves are of lighter weight.Never got this far with coriander on the...
    Less piquant, more subtle than the regular leaves. I'd never have guessed they grew on the same plant. Maybe stems remain more vertical now because these airy little leaves are of lighter...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. BeeHappy
    Like x 3

WILDFLOWER MEADOW MANIA

OK @KFF, you're on! However, due to underwhelming demand for tickets for this most desirable of prizes, I'm afraid your ticket will cost £50,000 :dunno::roflol:. You can pay by cheque, cash, or even PayPal!!
    OK @KFF, you're on! However, due to underwhelming demand for tickets for this most desirable of prizes, I'm afraid your ticket will cost £50,000 :dunno::roflol:. You can pay by cheque, cash, or even PayPal!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Phil A

Focus on Herbs : Rosemary

Lots of ideas on veggie Rosemary use... Particularly fond of the Camembert one, and will try Rosemary bread soon (how much Rosemary per 500g of flour? White, wholemeal, or 2/3 1/3 mix -...
    Lots of ideas on veggie Rosemary use... Particularly fond of the Camembert one, and will try Rosemary bread soon (how much Rosemary per 500g of flour? White, wholemeal, or 2/3 1/3 mix - attractively called "grey" here?).If you use lentils and pulses, Rosemary goes really well. In a lentil...
    Lots of ideas on veggie Rosemary use... Particularly fond of the Camembert one, and will try Rosemary bread soon (how much Rosemary per 500g of flour? White, wholemeal, or 2/3 1/3 mix - attractively called "grey" here?).If you use lentils and...
    Lots of ideas on veggie Rosemary use... Particularly fond of the Camembert one, and will try Rosemary bread soon (how much Rosemary per 500g of flour? White, wholemeal, or 2/3 1/3 mix -...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Freedom_Spark

Anyone here established their own wildflower meadow?

My wildflower 'meadow' area yesterday. On a hot June afternoon, sometimes it's lovely to just stop in the shade of the old apple tree and watch the grass seed heads and ox-eye daisies gently...
    My wildflower 'meadow' area yesterday. On a hot June afternoon, sometimes it's lovely to just stop in the shade of the old apple tree and watch the grass seed heads and ox-eye daisies gently waving in the breeze. :SUNsmile:
    My wildflower 'meadow' area yesterday. On a hot June afternoon, sometimes it's lovely to just stop in the shade of the old apple tree and watch the grass seed heads and ox-eye daisies gently waving in the breeze. :SUNsmile:
    My wildflower 'meadow' area yesterday. On a hot June afternoon, sometimes it's lovely to just stop in the shade of the old apple tree and watch the grass seed heads and ox-eye daisies gently...
    DSC06230.JPG DSC06233.JPG DSC06235.JPG DSC06378.JPG DSC06379.JPG DSC06387.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Boghopper

medieval herb garden

Quite right, but it is often assumed that poisonous plants would have been used for sinister purposes. While I'm sure this may have happened from time to time, oddly enough poisonous plants were,...
    Quite right, but it is often assumed that poisonous plants would have been used for sinister purposes. While I'm sure this may have happened from time to time, oddly enough poisonous plants were, and still are to this day, used in medicine. Deadly Nightshade is used in herbal medicine to south...
    Quite right, but it is often assumed that poisonous plants would have been used for sinister purposes. While I'm sure this may have happened from time to time, oddly enough poisonous plants were, and still are to this day, used in medicine....
    Quite right, but it is often assumed that poisonous plants would have been used for sinister purposes. While I'm sure this may have happened from time to time, oddly enough poisonous plants were,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Mowerman

Your Top 5 Worst Weeds

I find the roots get tangled:love30: any of my plants near couch grass I've just given up on:sad:
    I find the roots get tangled:love30: any of my plants near couch grass I've just given up on:sad:
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. JWK

Petition to ban herbicide

I'm with Kristen on this, all the farmers I know care for and respect their environment.
    I'm with Kristen on this, all the farmers I know care for and respect their environment.
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. "M"

Bramble Blossom Colour?

Oh dear :rolleyespink: You're one of *those* are you? :nonofinger:No bramble pie and cream for you then :pathd:
    Oh dear :rolleyespink: You're one of *those* are you? :nonofinger:No bramble pie and cream for you then :pathd:
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Mr Grinch

Wild Flower Patch

Have sorted out your link for you Eddie:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice