1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Nikingham

Please help

Welcome Nikingham :) I Agree with Marley......careful not to overdose and water in well after a day or so
    Welcome Nikingham :) I Agree with Marley......careful not to overdose and water in well after a day or so
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Gn0me

Steps to take for rejuvenating my lawn in Spring?

Thanks liz :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. DMC611

Where To Start? Lawn Advice Please...

Hiya Dan.....warm welcome :) Yes, exactly that. A good time to sort your lawn too When you turn over the top level of grass make sure you place it green side down and at least 20 or 30 cm...
    Hiya Dan.....warm welcome :) Yes, exactly that. A good time to sort your lawn too When you turn over the top level of grass make sure you place it green side down and at least 20 or 30 cm deep. Make sure you firm well and level well before you lay any turf. The very best way to firm the soil is...
    Hiya Dan.....warm welcome :) Yes, exactly that. A good time to sort your lawn too When you turn over the top level of grass make sure you place it green side down and at least 20 or 30 cm deep. Make sure you firm well and level well before you lay...
    Hiya Dan.....warm welcome :) Yes, exactly that. A good time to sort your lawn too When you turn over the top level of grass make sure you place it green side down and at least 20 or 30 cm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Snorky85

General Lawn Maintenance Advice

Was also good at worm cast control but it’s now banned Mike so can’t be used. There are other products that can be used but the price for applications and repeat treatment is expensive and so not...
    Was also good at worm cast control but it’s now banned Mike so can’t be used. There are other products that can be used but the price for applications and repeat treatment is expensive and so not an option for most domestic properties. 1250m2 would cost if I was to apply one I use a nice £250...
    Was also good at worm cast control but it’s now banned Mike so can’t be used. There are other products that can be used but the price for applications and repeat treatment is expensive and so not an option for most domestic properties. 1250m2...
    Was also good at worm cast control but it’s now banned Mike so can’t be used. There are other products that can be used but the price for applications and repeat treatment is expensive and so not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Zola

A new lawn season!

Cheers Liz! I will add a fertisiler in that case, it needs a boost for sure!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ivanol

New lawn over hardcore

Thank you everyone. This is pretty much what I thought, but good to have confirmation from you all. Will get the stuff taken out.
    Thank you everyone. This is pretty much what I thought, but good to have confirmation from you all. Will get the stuff taken out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. rustyroots

My lawn plan.

@Liz the pot That would be a possibility.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Matt-tropical

Lawn gets a good beating but watch this space

Great believer in giving the lawn a "good beating" Matt......usually do mine in autumn. People think Ive destroyed it :snorky:
    Great believer in giving the lawn a "good beating" Matt......usually do mine in autumn. People think Ive destroyed it :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Richard Moffett

Any advice on what to do with this lawn?

Walk the lawn, look for anything as you walk. A basic electric mower will be fine if funds are tight and first cut high the recheck lawn. The lawn has not been cut that often as it’s showing the...
    Walk the lawn, look for anything as you walk. A basic electric mower will be fine if funds are tight and first cut high the recheck lawn. The lawn has not been cut that often as it’s showing the typical signs. I would however think before applying a seed and it will need a dress over the top at...
    Walk the lawn, look for anything as you walk. A basic electric mower will be fine if funds are tight and first cut high the recheck lawn. The lawn has not been cut that often as it’s showing the typical signs. I would however think before...
    Walk the lawn, look for anything as you walk. A basic electric mower will be fine if funds are tight and first cut high the recheck lawn. The lawn has not been cut that often as it’s showing the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Matt-tropical

Last redo of the grass and winter advice appreciated

Hello Matt My lawns are 150 sq metres front lawn and one slightly smaller in back garden and I use a cordless Bosch mower. It will cut both lawns twice on one charge, is very quiet, lightweight...
    Hello Matt My lawns are 150 sq metres front lawn and one slightly smaller in back garden and I use a cordless Bosch mower. It will cut both lawns twice on one charge, is very quiet, lightweight and gives me those stripes. Twice a week mowing in less than 20 minutes each time. My second Bosch...
    Hello Matt My lawns are 150 sq metres front lawn and one slightly smaller in back garden and I use a cordless Bosch mower. It will cut both lawns twice on one charge, is very quiet, lightweight and gives me those stripes. Twice a week mowing in...
    Hello Matt My lawns are 150 sq metres front lawn and one slightly smaller in back garden and I use a cordless Bosch mower. It will cut both lawns twice on one charge, is very quiet, lightweight...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. tomhumf

Fill in pond then sow lawn?

Hello @tomhumf thanks for the nice comment about the forum...members are very knowledge and always willing to help :)When you get to starting a new pond add a new thread and you'll get some good...
    Hello @tomhumf thanks for the nice comment about the forum...members are very knowledge and always willing to help :)When you get to starting a new pond add a new thread and you'll get some good helpful replies has you have already done :thumbsup:Have a smashing day mate :)
    Hello @tomhumf thanks for the nice comment about the forum...members are very knowledge and always willing to help :)When you get to starting a new pond add a new thread and you'll get some good helpful replies has you have already done :thumbsup:Have a...
    Hello @tomhumf thanks for the nice comment about the forum...members are very knowledge and always willing to help :)When you get to starting a new pond add a new thread and you'll get some good...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Gail_68
    Like x 4

Preparation of laying Turf

Thanks @BeeHappy we no longer have the turf..as bruno wrecked it when he was alive kept scrapping it and that fencing i couldn't wait to remove :yes::heehee:
    Thanks @BeeHappy we no longer have the turf..as bruno wrecked it when he was alive kept scrapping it and that fencing i couldn't wait to remove :yes::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. devs

Is it now too late to sow a new lawn? Northern Ireland

I feel your stone pain! I recently started the task and am boring of it rapidly. Someone told me that I only need to remove anything thats the size of your fist? I have no idea how true this is as...
    I feel your stone pain! I recently started the task and am boring of it rapidly. Someone told me that I only need to remove anything thats the size of your fist? I have no idea how true this is as its a first for me but in the scale of things it was music to my ears.I just keep on walking...
    I feel your stone pain! I recently started the task and am boring of it rapidly. Someone told me that I only need to remove anything thats the size of your fist? I have no idea how true this is as its a first for me but in the scale of things it...
    I feel your stone pain! I recently started the task and am boring of it rapidly. Someone told me that I only need to remove anything thats the size of your fist? I have no idea how true this is as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Freddy

Daisies

@Freddy You can treat them as members have stated with good advice:blue thumb: but as long as your lawn mower as the spores off them on the blades they keep coming back...so it's a constant treater of the...
    @Freddy You can treat them as members have stated with good advice:blue thumb: but as long as your lawn mower as the spores off them on the blades they keep coming back...so it's a constant treater of the lawn to keep them at bay :)
    @Freddy You can treat them as members have stated with good advice:blue thumb: but as long as your lawn mower as the spores off them on the blades they keep coming back...so it's a constant treater of the lawn to keep them at bay :)
    @Freddy You can treat them as members have stated with good advice:blue thumb: but as long as your lawn mower as the spores off them on the blades they keep coming back...so it's a constant treater of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Zigs

On your bike

Would you ever get enough traction to drive a pedal powered lawnmower ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. FlymoDM
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Selleri

Neglected lawn- I'm on a mission and would appreciate your help please!

:ThankYou:Thank you Verdun! We have just had the proverbial two dry days so I mowed the lot. I think the situation is not hopeless as this time it only took me an hour and the result resembles a lawn more...
    :ThankYou:Thank you Verdun! We have just had the proverbial two dry days so I mowed the lot. I think the situation is not hopeless as this time it only took me an hour and the result resembles a lawn more than a jungle with mud pits and possibly alligators.Now the ground hopefully has some kind of...
    :ThankYou:Thank you Verdun! We have just had the proverbial two dry days so I mowed the lot. I think the situation is not hopeless as this time it only took me an hour and the result resembles a lawn more than a jungle with mud pits and possibly...
    :ThankYou:Thank you Verdun! We have just had the proverbial two dry days so I mowed the lot. I think the situation is not hopeless as this time it only took me an hour and the result resembles a lawn more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Phoozzle

Levelling a large area of lawn

Personally I'd do a concrete base with a water proofing additive in and vertical slabs to edge the main base, possibly sticking out a inch or two above your lawn height, to minimise the moisture...
    Personally I'd do a concrete base with a water proofing additive in and vertical slabs to edge the main base, possibly sticking out a inch or two above your lawn height, to minimise the moisture to the bottom of the shed coming up from the lawn. If you have bikes or other expensive equipment, it...
    Personally I'd do a concrete base with a water proofing additive in and vertical slabs to edge the main base, possibly sticking out a inch or two above your lawn height, to minimise the moisture to the bottom of the shed coming up from the...
    Personally I'd do a concrete base with a water proofing additive in and vertical slabs to edge the main base, possibly sticking out a inch or two above your lawn height, to minimise the moisture...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. rqy99g

Chamomile Lawn Advice Needed

@toppington thanks to your advice.... experiment :snorky: I've sown my teabag too :fingers crossed: ....so will give you an update when there's news :spinning:
    @toppington thanks to your advice.... experiment :snorky: I've sown my teabag too :fingers crossed: ....so will give you an update when there's news :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. chris_elevate

Lawn Fertiliser

Makes sense Liz:)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options