Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Simon M

Have I killed some lawn with mould spray?!

Great, thanks again and for the welcome :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Henry9898

Please help identify this on my lawn...

Could well be one of the slime moulds. If so, harmless and short lived. Slime moulds on lawns / RHS Gardening
    Could well be one of the slime moulds. If so, harmless and short lived. Slime moulds on lawns / RHS Gardening
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Wilks

Help identify lawn issue

As I said earlier, I'm no grass expert, mine is mostly weeds.:biggrin: I just tend to know a bit about the basics.My personal approach would be, scarify, feed and water and keep cut, and see how it...
    As I said earlier, I'm no grass expert, mine is mostly weeds.:biggrin: I just tend to know a bit about the basics.My personal approach would be, scarify, feed and water and keep cut, and see how it goes.I think if you want to overseed, it might be best to wait a month or so, although it has been like...
    As I said earlier, I'm no grass expert, mine is mostly weeds.:biggrin: I just tend to know a bit about the basics.My personal approach would be, scarify, feed and water and keep cut, and see how it goes.I think if you want to overseed, it might be...
    As I said earlier, I'm no grass expert, mine is mostly weeds.:biggrin: I just tend to know a bit about the basics.My personal approach would be, scarify, feed and water and keep cut, and see how it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Drozich

Recently re-seeded lawn - brown patches

Looking at the pic again, I don't see any really problematic weeds. I'm afraid weeds are a given when establishing new grass. But I wouldn't worry unless there's anything particularly challenging...
    Looking at the pic again, I don't see any really problematic weeds. I'm afraid weeds are a given when establishing new grass. But I wouldn't worry unless there's anything particularly challenging like brambles in there. Once the grass is stronger and you start mowing regularly, the weeds will...
    Looking at the pic again, I don't see any really problematic weeds. I'm afraid weeds are a given when establishing new grass. But I wouldn't worry unless there's anything particularly challenging like brambles in there. Once the grass is stronger...
    Looking at the pic again, I don't see any really problematic weeds. I'm afraid weeds are a given when establishing new grass. But I wouldn't worry unless there's anything particularly challenging...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ArcticFox1977

Clover lawn

I think it will depend upon the specific clover and how short you have mown it. Like many young plants, if you remove tip and all axial shoots, it will struggle to renew. Mature plants of some...
    I think it will depend upon the specific clover and how short you have mown it. Like many young plants, if you remove tip and all axial shoots, it will struggle to renew. Mature plants of some varieties have a stolon stem from which it can produce new leaves, roots and flowers, and so survive a...
    I think it will depend upon the specific clover and how short you have mown it. Like many young plants, if you remove tip and all axial shoots, it will struggle to renew. Mature plants of some varieties have a stolon stem from which it can...
    I think it will depend upon the specific clover and how short you have mown it. Like many young plants, if you remove tip and all axial shoots, it will struggle to renew. Mature plants of some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Jack Snakes

New lawn prep

Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ricky101

Lawn Overseeding and Cutting ?

Like everyone else we all seem to have rotary type mowers these days which might suck up the seed rather than the cylinder mowers .Generally pre-germinate the grass seed in a bit of fine...
    Like everyone else we all seem to have rotary type mowers these days which might suck up the seed rather than the cylinder mowers .Generally pre-germinate the grass seed in a bit of fine compost, just enough so you see the very fine roots emerging; they do seem to establish quicker before the...
    Like everyone else we all seem to have rotary type mowers these days which might suck up the seed rather than the cylinder mowers .Generally pre-germinate the grass seed in a bit of fine compost, just enough so you see the very fine roots...
    Like everyone else we all seem to have rotary type mowers these days which might suck up the seed rather than the cylinder mowers .Generally pre-germinate the grass seed in a bit of fine...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Drahcir

Weedkiller that does not kill moss or grass?

Yes. Same stuff. Inevitably you will have a bald patch the size of the rosette after it dies, but that will fill in with something else fairly quickly if we ever get any rain. As you have small...
    Yes. Same stuff. Inevitably you will have a bald patch the size of the rosette after it dies, but that will fill in with something else fairly quickly if we ever get any rain. As you have small syringes, they work just as well, if not better. You dont even need the blunt needle. I've actually...
    Yes. Same stuff. Inevitably you will have a bald patch the size of the rosette after it dies, but that will fill in with something else fairly quickly if we ever get any rain. As you have small syringes, they work just as well, if not better. ...
    Yes. Same stuff. Inevitably you will have a bald patch the size of the rosette after it dies, but that will fill in with something else fairly quickly if we ever get any rain. As you have small...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Green Dweller Beloved

Weed identification Please

Hi, this is definitely different to the weed I originally posted about.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ArcticFox1977

Bee and butterfly garden

Do bumblebees not like clover? I have 1 buff tailed bee that visits but most are the common carder bees and loads of hoverflies. Also what's the hoverfly/hover bee that looks like it fights with...
    Do bumblebees not like clover? I have 1 buff tailed bee that visits but most are the common carder bees and loads of hoverflies. Also what's the hoverfly/hover bee that looks like it fights with other bees in mid air?
    Do bumblebees not like clover? I have 1 buff tailed bee that visits but most are the common carder bees and loads of hoverflies. Also what's the hoverfly/hover bee that looks like it fights with other bees in mid air?
    Do bumblebees not like clover? I have 1 buff tailed bee that visits but most are the common carder bees and loads of hoverflies. Also what's the hoverfly/hover bee that looks like it fights with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Niall

Lawn help

Yes this is what it is it looks like! Thanks for the response. I am thinking I will go out and lightly scarify? I will be going abroad for the month of July. Am I crazy to start any treatment now...
    Yes this is what it is it looks like! Thanks for the response. I am thinking I will go out and lightly scarify? I will be going abroad for the month of July. Am I crazy to start any treatment now (as someone will mow the grass once a week when i am gone but wont go to the level of commitment...
    Yes this is what it is it looks like! Thanks for the response. I am thinking I will go out and lightly scarify? I will be going abroad for the month of July. Am I crazy to start any treatment now (as someone will mow the grass once a week when i...
    Yes this is what it is it looks like! Thanks for the response. I am thinking I will go out and lightly scarify? I will be going abroad for the month of July. Am I crazy to start any treatment now...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Chantelle

Filled in pond but grass keeps dying

How mature was the grass when you added fertiliser? Many fertilisers will damage young grass.Leaving the area 'somewhat soggy' would also not be beneficial, especially if the grass is young and...
    How mature was the grass when you added fertiliser? Many fertilisers will damage young grass.Leaving the area 'somewhat soggy' would also not be beneficial, especially if the grass is young and hasn't developed a good root system yet.Was the pond liner removed/punctured before it was filled...
    How mature was the grass when you added fertiliser? Many fertilisers will damage young grass.Leaving the area 'somewhat soggy' would also not be beneficial, especially if the grass is young and hasn't developed a good root system yet.Was the...
    How mature was the grass when you added fertiliser? Many fertilisers will damage young grass.Leaving the area 'somewhat soggy' would also not be beneficial, especially if the grass is young and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. shoestring gardener

COMMUNAL GRASS AREA RENOVATION

It will be difficult to eradicate the weeds completely, as seed can lie in the ground for years before germinating. Preparation of the ground will have disturbed them and watering of course, ...
    It will be difficult to eradicate the weeds completely, as seed can lie in the ground for years before germinating. Preparation of the ground will have disturbed them and watering of course, helps them grow.
    It will be difficult to eradicate the weeds completely, as seed can lie in the ground for years before germinating. Preparation of the ground will have disturbed them and watering of course, helps them grow.
    It will be difficult to eradicate the weeds completely, as seed can lie in the ground for years before germinating. Preparation of the ground will have disturbed them and watering of course, ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jay9408

Anyone tried a clover lawn

Probably 3m x 2.5m front lawn. 2 holly bushes under window, laurel hedge down left. Rhododendron top left that's faded. Lavender along front and down right side. Silver birch tree that sparrows...
    Probably 3m x 2.5m front lawn. 2 holly bushes under window, laurel hedge down left. Rhododendron top left that's faded. Lavender along front and down right side. Silver birch tree that sparrows love going into and eating the flies.
    Probably 3m x 2.5m front lawn. 2 holly bushes under window, laurel hedge down left. Rhododendron top left that's faded. Lavender along front and down right side. Silver birch tree that sparrows love going into and eating the flies.
    Probably 3m x 2.5m front lawn. 2 holly bushes under window, laurel hedge down left. Rhododendron top left that's faded. Lavender along front and down right side. Silver birch tree that sparrows...
    20230613_144838.jpg 20230613_145651.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Gn0me

Is there any hope?

From what you have said and the concern it seems to engender I would be inclined to just mow it - and then see how it turns out. Other decisions can come later but whilst you're deliberating it...
    From what you have said and the concern it seems to engender I would be inclined to just mow it - and then see how it turns out. Other decisions can come later but whilst you're deliberating it is continuing to grow.
    From what you have said and the concern it seems to engender I would be inclined to just mow it - and then see how it turns out. Other decisions can come later but whilst you're deliberating it is continuing to grow.
    From what you have said and the concern it seems to engender I would be inclined to just mow it - and then see how it turns out. Other decisions can come later but whilst you're deliberating it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jack Snakes

Gravel to grass

Jeez - there's a newt under the weed web - can't leave it there and the pond is still just an idea...
    Jeez - there's a newt under the weed web - can't leave it there and the pond is still just an idea...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Kevin Cowans

Levelling Lawn after Small Tree Removal

Hello allI hope you are well.I recently had a Dwarf Cherry Tree removed from the Middle of my Front Lawn.The resulting Damage was an area approximately 4' x 2'.I Filled the Hole with Top...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I recently had a Dwarf Cherry Tree removed from the Middle of my Front Lawn.The resulting Damage was an area approximately 4' x 2'.I Filled the Hole with Top Soil, Watered it to help it Settle, Topped it up, Watered it, Levelled it and then Seeded it.This...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I recently had a Dwarf Cherry Tree removed from the Middle of my Front Lawn.The resulting Damage was an area approximately 4' x 2'.I Filled the Hole with Top Soil, Watered it to help it Settle, Topped it up,...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I recently had a Dwarf Cherry Tree removed from the Middle of my Front Lawn.The resulting Damage was an area approximately 4' x 2'.I Filled the Hole with Top...
    20230611_093225.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Novice stevo

Bare lawn patches

A different cause, but our lawn was almost non-existent (badly-laid on top of builders rubble) and wiped out during last year's UK heatwave. It's never looked so good since. Lawns have cycles,...
    A different cause, but our lawn was almost non-existent (badly-laid on top of builders rubble) and wiped out during last year's UK heatwave. It's never looked so good since. Lawns have cycles, in my experience.
    A different cause, but our lawn was almost non-existent (badly-laid on top of builders rubble) and wiped out during last year's UK heatwave. It's never looked so good since. Lawns have cycles, in my experience.
    A different cause, but our lawn was almost non-existent (badly-laid on top of builders rubble) and wiped out during last year's UK heatwave. It's never looked so good since. Lawns have cycles,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. welshone

DIY - Autumn Lawn Dressing

You just need a fine soil and sand mix and to maintain the lawn through mechanical and correct fertiliser treatments through the year, including irrigation in the summer. Normally you would do...
    You just need a fine soil and sand mix and to maintain the lawn through mechanical and correct fertiliser treatments through the year, including irrigation in the summer. Normally you would do some type of mechanical work in the late Summer to early Autumn depending on weather then seed and...
    You just need a fine soil and sand mix and to maintain the lawn through mechanical and correct fertiliser treatments through the year, including irrigation in the summer. Normally you would do some type of mechanical work in the late Summer to...
    You just need a fine soil and sand mix and to maintain the lawn through mechanical and correct fertiliser treatments through the year, including irrigation in the summer. Normally you would do...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. RowanGrove

Storksbill Infestation - Urgent Advice Needed

Soak area you intend to work on night before. I have lots of dasies but like shiney it looks ok from a distance. My 30 yearold mower (like new) deals with it very well.
    Soak area you intend to work on night before. I have lots of dasies but like shiney it looks ok from a distance. My 30 yearold mower (like new) deals with it very well.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice