1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Gn0me

Polythene sheeting a good idea?

Thank you so much for that test, seems to confirm what was happening in the video....and makes me feel better after overseeding my lawn!Selleri is right, they are odd with their feeding habits....
    Thank you so much for that test, seems to confirm what was happening in the video....and makes me feel better after overseeding my lawn!Selleri is right, they are odd with their feeding habits. I'm currently using sunflower hearts and fat balls. All birds eat the sunflower hearts apart from...
    Thank you so much for that test, seems to confirm what was happening in the video....and makes me feel better after overseeding my lawn!Selleri is right, they are odd with their feeding habits. I'm currently using sunflower hearts and fat...
    Thank you so much for that test, seems to confirm what was happening in the video....and makes me feel better after overseeding my lawn!Selleri is right, they are odd with their feeding habits....
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Sunny Sam

I HAVE COMPLETELY RUINED MY LAWN!

To make life easier either use a liquid based feed as there are less chances of scorching or use a drop spreader like the Scott’s one which has the settings for Evergreens range of...
    To make life easier either use a liquid based feed as there are less chances of scorching or use a drop spreader like the Scott’s one which has the settings for Evergreens range of fertilisers.with what’s called straight feeds you can adjust the levels but with weed and feeds you have to apply...
    To make life easier either use a liquid based feed as there are less chances of scorching or use a drop spreader like the Scott’s one which has the settings for Evergreens range of fertilisers.with what’s called straight feeds you can adjust...
    To make life easier either use a liquid based feed as there are less chances of scorching or use a drop spreader like the Scott’s one which has the settings for Evergreens range of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. paultall90

hand push cylinder advice please

Thank you :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. BobCarolgees

Rebuilding lawn/soil after house renovations

Hello everyone, Anyone has some advice for me please. I have a small garden about 25m2. We recently had house renovations and the garden was basically a building site. Half of the garden has sand,...
    Hello everyone, Anyone has some advice for me please. I have a small garden about 25m2. We recently had house renovations and the garden was basically a building site. Half of the garden has sand, bits of concrete etc. on top of it. How can I prepare it for a lawn? I was thinking of just digging...
    Hello everyone, Anyone has some advice for me please. I have a small garden about 25m2. We recently had house renovations and the garden was basically a building site. Half of the garden has sand, bits of concrete etc. on top of it. How can I...
    Hello everyone, Anyone has some advice for me please. I have a small garden about 25m2. We recently had house renovations and the garden was basically a building site. Half of the garden has sand,...
    IMG_6292.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. CBonnar1

Turf SOS

So...I have made some progress - small progress but I suppose anything was better than the previous swamp. The soil has been removed and I have now discovered as to why the water logging was...
    So...I have made some progress - small progress but I suppose anything was better than the previous swamp. The soil has been removed and I have now discovered as to why the water logging was occurring.Prior to the turf being laid, stones were in place. Whoever installed the stones had laid it...
    So...I have made some progress - small progress but I suppose anything was better than the previous swamp. The soil has been removed and I have now discovered as to why the water logging was occurring.Prior to the turf being laid, stones were...
    So...I have made some progress - small progress but I suppose anything was better than the previous swamp. The soil has been removed and I have now discovered as to why the water logging was...
    Post-Installation.jpg OneYearOn.jpg GardenStage1.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. james_uk

Will electric mower be safe going over a sewage manhole?

Hi as long as the blades are set higher than the obstruction it will be fine but. If you are in doubt run it over while it's NOT running and see if it hits or is close.or as jwk suggests use a...
    Hi as long as the blades are set higher than the obstruction it will be fine but. If you are in doubt run it over while it's NOT running and see if it hits or is close.or as jwk suggests use a strimmer
    Hi as long as the blades are set higher than the obstruction it will be fine but. If you are in doubt run it over while it's NOT running and see if it hits or is close.or as jwk suggests use a strimmer
    Hi as long as the blades are set higher than the obstruction it will be fine but. If you are in doubt run it over while it's NOT running and see if it hits or is close.or as jwk suggests use a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Wildman10

Grass dying

I replaced the topsoil in the affected areas and reseeded. I’ll update this next year when the area has gone through a full year’s cycle.Thanks again, all, for your help and interest.
    I replaced the topsoil in the affected areas and reseeded. I’ll update this next year when the area has gone through a full year’s cycle.Thanks again, all, for your help and interest.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Cgw

Lawn or other option over concrete and slate chippings

A lawn will not grow well on top of a concrete base. If you can't get the concrete out, Clare G's suggestion of outdoor rug or artificial grass plus container gardening is very good.And get...
    A lawn will not grow well on top of a concrete base. If you can't get the concrete out, Clare G's suggestion of outdoor rug or artificial grass plus container gardening is very good.And get creative and build upwards... I love this one :)The most important thing is to create a space that...
    A lawn will not grow well on top of a concrete base. If you can't get the concrete out, Clare G's suggestion of outdoor rug or artificial grass plus container gardening is very good.And get creative and build upwards... I love this one :)The...
    A lawn will not grow well on top of a concrete base. If you can't get the concrete out, Clare G's suggestion of outdoor rug or artificial grass plus container gardening is very good.And get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. welshone

Fertilizing an old lawn - which mix

My total area of lawned garden is approx. 300sq/mts. I've not fertilized it for some years although kept the weeds and moss under control. Should I use a 9-7-7 such as 'Nutrigrow spring lawn...
    My total area of lawned garden is approx. 300sq/mts. I've not fertilized it for some years although kept the weeds and moss under control. Should I use a 9-7-7 such as 'Nutrigrow spring lawn fertilizer - 25kg' or a different mix on a clay soil.
    My total area of lawned garden is approx. 300sq/mts. I've not fertilized it for some years although kept the weeds and moss under control. Should I use a 9-7-7 such as 'Nutrigrow spring lawn fertilizer - 25kg' or a different mix on a clay soil.
    My total area of lawned garden is approx. 300sq/mts. I've not fertilized it for some years although kept the weeds and moss under control. Should I use a 9-7-7 such as 'Nutrigrow spring lawn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Kate123

Recently laid turf and aftercare.

Aw thank you for the feedback, Perki! Much appreciated. I shall be popping out to do just that in a tick. Thanks again for your advice.
    Aw thank you for the feedback, Perki! Much appreciated. I shall be popping out to do just that in a tick. Thanks again for your advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. 2nd_bassoon

Help me choose a lawnmower

I suppose a pair of scissors is out of the question. :whistle: :heehee: I could let you have one for nothing as I have a lot of them. :blue thumb:
    I suppose a pair of scissors is out of the question. :whistle: :heehee: I could let you have one for nothing as I have a lot of them. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Welshman

New lawn being laid from seed.

Forgot to add to this thread. The soil and composting was completed last weekend and all the grass seed added too…….just have to wait now
    Forgot to add to this thread. The soil and composting was completed last weekend and all the grass seed added too…….just have to wait now
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. has bean counter

Anyone experience of Mo Bacter moss killer?

Thanks Tomcat
    Thanks Tomcat
    Thanks Tomcat
    Thanks Tomcat
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Finston Pickle

Mower for meadow grass

No I haven't used anything like that its quite expensive for what it is. I use pro strimmers or larger machines for such task but strimmer's are easy enough to get hold of 2nd hand pro stihl /...
    No I haven't used anything like that its quite expensive for what it is. I use pro strimmers or larger machines for such task but strimmer's are easy enough to get hold of 2nd hand pro stihl / husqvarna can be had for £150 - 200 if you look around. It does say the Hyundai is 2 stroke .How...
    No I haven't used anything like that its quite expensive for what it is. I use pro strimmers or larger machines for such task but strimmer's are easy enough to get hold of 2nd hand pro stihl / husqvarna can be had for £150 - 200 if you look...
    No I haven't used anything like that its quite expensive for what it is. I use pro strimmers or larger machines for such task but strimmer's are easy enough to get hold of 2nd hand pro stihl /...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Palustris

Liming the lawn

The very best time toapply lime is not now, but in early Autumn. Do take a pH reading first though to arrive at the correct quantity per square metre. Then take a second reading in Spring to...
    The very best time toapply lime is not now, but in early Autumn. Do take a pH reading first though to arrive at the correct quantity per square metre. Then take a second reading in Spring to recheck the pH. I use the one commnly known as Dolomite Flour.Even if I dont use fertiliser any more,...
    The very best time toapply lime is not now, but in early Autumn. Do take a pH reading first though to arrive at the correct quantity per square metre. Then take a second reading in Spring to recheck the pH. I use the one commnly known as Dolomite...
    The very best time toapply lime is not now, but in early Autumn. Do take a pH reading first though to arrive at the correct quantity per square metre. Then take a second reading in Spring to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. hoofy

Starting lawn from scratch

Made the most of the warm weather today and gave it a new year cut.
    Soil test 001.jpg 20210617_190458.jpg 20210617_190513.jpg 20210626_190957.jpg 20210626_191007.jpg 20210626_191021.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Gn0me

Cutting damp grass

Hi i know some do cut the grass but personally once October comes i never bother cutting the grass till march i make sure to weed and feed the grass but no cutting i have enough clearing the...
    Hi i know some do cut the grass but personally once October comes i never bother cutting the grass till march i make sure to weed and feed the grass but no cutting i have enough clearing the leaves up from a huge oak tree at the back of my garden and other trees next door without...
    Hi i know some do cut the grass but personally once October comes i never bother cutting the grass till march i make sure to weed and feed the grass but no cutting i have enough clearing the leaves up from a huge oak tree at the back of...
    Hi i know some do cut the grass but personally once October comes i never bother cutting the grass till march i make sure to weed and feed the grass but no cutting i have enough clearing the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ricky101

Lawn Weed ?

some weeds are difficult to eradicate even with herbicide, a few need multiple applications. I'd use a hand sprayer for spot spraying instead of doing the whole lawn again. or use a brush and use...
    some weeds are difficult to eradicate even with herbicide, a few need multiple applications. I'd use a hand sprayer for spot spraying instead of doing the whole lawn again. or use a brush and use glyphosate.
    some weeds are difficult to eradicate even with herbicide, a few need multiple applications. I'd use a hand sprayer for spot spraying instead of doing the whole lawn again. or use a brush and use glyphosate.
    some weeds are difficult to eradicate even with herbicide, a few need multiple applications. I'd use a hand sprayer for spot spraying instead of doing the whole lawn again. or use a brush and use...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Phoozzle

Extreme Lawn Rescue

Looks ok to me. Just keep the needles swept up and the grass mown. Next spring treat with a lawn specific weedkiller such as verdone and all should be well
    Looks ok to me. Just keep the needles swept up and the grass mown. Next spring treat with a lawn specific weedkiller such as verdone and all should be well
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Ricky187

Are these worm castings?

Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice